0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ashankhalid View Post
    Bro, as i have researched,
    K&N are made for high flow which surely increase the pick and some how avg.
    & yes, vitz comes with iridium plugs but it should be replaced once in a year.
    There are many Chinese copy of denso thts why i opt autolite.
    How much were these Autolite iridium plugs?
    And i the long run, K&N filters are not as efficient in filtering the dust as paper filters are.. If they were good, companies will sell the cars with K&N filters. We are living in pakistan with so much dust.. High flow filters mean they have bigger holes in it which allows more dust in to the engine. Just a brotherly advice..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faisal.imtiaz.16 View Post
    How much were these Autolite iridium plugs?
    And i the long run, K&N filters are not as efficient in filtering the dust as paper filters are.. If they were good, companies will sell the cars with K&N filters. We are living in pakistan with so much dust.. High flow filters mean they have bigger holes in it which allows more dust in to the engine. Just a brotherly advice..
    Rs 1100 each.
    Bro its just an opinion if u r satisfied with Stock one's then its gud.
    K&N r washable & after every wash we have to oil spary it.
    As the honda stock air filters r oily.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

want to know difference b/w different variants of vitz 2003-04
    need quick response
    plz help
    work SMART n get result..... >U<

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by punjabianz View Post
    want to know difference b/w different variants of vitz 2003-04
    need quick response
    plz help
    Major difference is with the interior.
    FL Package has black interior with silver A/C Panel and door handles, Chrome logo on the steering, Chrome gear button, Door Cloth poshish (in Basic models, this is made of the same material as the panel, not cloth) Height adjustable driver seat, under seat compartment, back headrests, it may also have navigation and MD player. The trunk has a button to open it which operates with the door locks (whereas in basic cars, it's with a key).. Also, the A/c vents are different in the FL package.
    Under the Coconut tree

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@shoaib1984

What if someone is interested only in bumper extensions???

Sent from my LT26ii using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello guys
    I just recently bought Vitz 2006 ....Car is in good condition and loving the drive but when i went to abbotabbad (home) my vitz got hit at bottom which made me little disappointing so what i should do????? increase height of the vitz or just go for some other car ....

Second , the belt got broken along with it compressor pulley got broken (shown in picture) !!!!! Can i change only pulley and what will be expected price ....

My vitz is giving mileage more then 12 or 13 which is not much affordable for me what should i do......

Lastly, iam getting doubt full so want to ask whether Vitz is durable car to be used on hilly areas with bad roads (like abt etc) or i should simply go for some other car as i don't want to ruin my car and ending up selling my car with loss

please expert and un biased advice is required
    Attached Images Attached Images  

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asfnd.awan View Post
    Hello guys
    I just recently bought Vitz 2006 ....Car is in good condition and loving the drive but when i went to abbotabbad (home) my vitz got hit at bottom which made me little disappointing so what i should do????? increase height of the vitz or just go for some other car ....

Second , the belt got broken along with it compressor pulley got broken (shown in picture) !!!!! Can i change only pulley and what will be expected price ....

My vitz is giving mileage more then 12 or 13 which is not much affordable for me what should i do......

Lastly, iam getting doubt full so want to ask whether Vitz is durable car to be used on hilly areas with bad roads (like abt etc) or i should simply go for some other car as i don't want to ruin my car and ending up selling my car with loss

please expert and un biased advice is required

Every Vitz owner has the problem of its low road clearance hence it hits the jumps. You have two options to increase the height.
    1. Change your tyres from 175/70/14 to 185/70/14
    2. Install a packing in between rear shocks.
    Do one of them and you will not face the same problem again. If you do both of them then you will get the height of Corolloa xli.. ANd just forget if there is any big jump under your car even with 5 persons on board.

About the average, do throttle body service, clean plugs and change air filter. Use Toyota Genuine oil 5w30 that comes in a tin pack for better fuel milage.
    Vitz is a very durable car but it depends on how you drive it. Best car for bad roads is Corolla xli or gli. Vitz does just fine as far as you are not driving it on 80kms/h on a broken road. Normal jumps are no problem for it. This car has 3 types of gears. D, S, B. D for normal driving, S for overtaking or climbing on heights, B for engine braking when you are returning from heights.
    I live in lahore and on Canal road, there is a big hole in the road and i have hit it many times and nothing happened to the car. Once i was traveling with my friend on his honda city and when he hit the same hole, his right tyre's "Goli" was damaged and the whole alignment was disturbed. So it is a durable car but to be honest i dont enjoy the drive of my Vitz as compared to Gli when i have to go to my village with the bad roads. This car is not made to drive on Pakistani roads' 'khadday'.

About the pulley problem, not sure about it. Let other expert members answer that.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have heard that this pulley is not metal and a kabuli one might cost more than 5k
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Every Vitz owner has the problem of its low road clearance hence it hits the jumps. You have two options to increase the height.
    1. Change your tyres from 175/70/14 to 185/70/14
    2. Install a packing in between rear shocks.
    Do one of them and you will not face the same problem again. If you do both of them then you will get the height of Corolloa xli.. ANd just forget if there is any big jump under your car even with 5 persons on board.

About the average, do throttle body service, clean plugs and change air filter. Use Toyota Genuine oil 5w30 that comes in a tin pack for better fuel milage.
    Vitz is a very durable car but it depends on how you drive it. Best car for bad roads is Corolla xli or gli. Vitz does just fine as far as you are not driving it on 80kms/h on a broken road. Normal jumps are no problem for it. This car has 3 types of gears. D, S, B. D for normal driving, S for overtaking or climbing on heights, B for engine braking when you are returning from heights.
    I live in lahore and on Canal road, there is a big hole in the road and i have hit it many times and nothing happened to the car. Once i was traveling with my friend on his honda city and when he hit the same hole, his right tyre's "Goli" was damaged and the whole alignment was disturbed. So it is a durable car but to be honest i dont enjoy the drive of my Vitz as compared to Gli when i have to go to my village with the bad roads. This car is not made to drive on Pakistani roads' 'khadday'.

About the pulley problem, not sure about it. Let other expert members answer that.
    Faisal if I am not wrong, shifting from 175/70/R14 to 185/70/14 will only increase tyre width....however the second figure represents tyre height from rim edge to the tyre treads....i think he should go for 185/75/R14

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My new H3 and H4 hid pairs...feeling excited...knt wait to get them on...... ;-)

Attached Images Attached Images        

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ask4faizi View Post
    Faisal if I am not wrong, shifting from 175/70/R14 to 185/70/14 will only increase tyre width....however the second figure represents tyre height from rim edge to the tyre treads....i think he should go for 185/75/R14

185/75/14 will touch the body when taking turn.
    185 is the width and 70 is some kind if ratio of 185 and 14. If you compare bith tyres, 185 70 14 is much taller than 175 70 14. 185/60/14 will be of same height as 175/70/14. If you search on google 'tyre size calculator' there is a site on which you can check what size will increse how many MMs.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ask4faizi View Post
    My new H3 and H4 hid pairs...feeling excited...knt wait to get them on...... ;-)

How much did you pay for it? And how many watts are they. Is that the one having both hi and low beam or just high beam?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Should i continue with Vitz ???????????
    Second what will be trade off if i use packing to lift my ride
    thanks in advance

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ask4faizi

Good going bro.

1.Can you tell me from where you bought these HIDS, I mean from which place and shops?

2. What is the total cost of these HIDS?

3. Either these are low beam only or both High and low beams?

4. How many watt and temp in Kelvin of these HIDS?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asfnd.awan View Post
    Should i continue with Vitz ???????????
    Second what will be trade off if i use packing to lift my ride
    thanks in advance
    Car will be a bit higher from rear wheels meaning even the high beam will be like low beam... When you apply the brakes, u have to push urself backwards.. As you will slide a bit forward. In short, no driving pleasure.
    I had both of them but eventually had to remove the packing as i drive mostly in Lahore city with two passengers. 175 70 14 tyres will handle all the jumps but if you gonna drive 4 or 5 persons on board then packing is must..
    It will cist about 1400 if you get it installed from Toyota 3s shops.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How much did you pay for it? And how many watts are they. Is that the one having both hi and low beam or just high beam?
    Bro I was searching for hids since long but dnt hav enough knowledge and was bit confused whether to go for nightbreakers/ rally bulbs or hids....then finally I decided to go for hids. When I went to market, every shop has its own brands and everyone told.me that he has the best quality of Hids, although everyone has chinese made hids. Then I discussed it with my bro in law..he lives in gujranwala...one of his best friend is an importer of Hids and supplies to almost all major markets of Pakistan. Then I asked him to get two pairs from him for.me one is for main head lamps that is double point H4s (halogen on low and hid on high) and the other pair is H3 for fog lamps. Both are 55W with 6000k color temperature.
    But I am afraid these Hid H3s would not fit in my fog lamps as original halogen H3s are hardly an inch long where as these HID H3s are twice of its size in length...lets see :-(
    As far as price is concerned, my bro in laws friend has.nt yet conveyed the price just said oh kr lain *** yar :-P
    I have no idea of price yet bt they seems to b of gud quality with one year replacement warranty and extremely good quality smart ballasts....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by galant1 View Post
    @ask4faizi

Good going bro.

1.Can you tell me from where you bought these HIDS, I mean from which place and shops?

2. What is the total cost of these HIDS?

3. Either these are low beam only or both High and low beams?

4. How many watt and temp in Kelvin of these HIDS?
    Thanx galant1

I have explained all of ur queries in my reply to faisal....
    Price is still unknown to me bt I can assure one thing that their quality is far better than the ones available in market (rwp/isbd).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am new to PW, so i dont know if i am posting it right or not here.
    I have a problem, i bought a Vitz 2009 two years ago. During one night a biker with his headlights off ran into my Driver door. as a result i had to get it repainted from Toyota Islamabad. Color is Pearl grey. Now every time i look at the car, that door is a sting to my eyes. I desperately need a solution to this problem as its getting easily visible to everybody that the door has been repainted. anything'd be a big help.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by FaizanAli810 View Post
    I am new to PW, so i dont know if i am posting it right or not here.
    I have a problem, i bought a Vitz 2009 two years ago. During one night a biker with his headlights off ran into my Driver door. as a result i had to get it repainted from Toyota Islamabad. Color is Pearl grey. Now every time i look at the car, that door is a sting to my eyes. I desperately need a solution to this problem as its getting easily visible to everybody that the door has been repainted. anything'd be a big help.
    What has been done, has been done, no going back to it... Either get the whole paint redone or you can use the Desi cutting compound thing done (regularly, extensively, repeatedly) which will minimize the effect with time

Sent from my Nexus 7 using PW Forums mobile app
    1962 Vespa (Project) - 1978 Vespa (Project)- 1995 Daewoo Racer (Project) - 2006 Toyota Yaris - 2003 Suzuki Cultus

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i kinda knew there'd b no solution but Thanks, will try it from time to time.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List