0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by heddie19 View Post
    Anyone know about power steering fluid for vitz ?
    And when to change the timing belt of vitz ?
    I'm not sure of the PS fluid.. Get any reputed company's fluid. As for the timing belt, it has to be changed at 100k kms usually. Though I had it done on my vitz at 78k kms to assure reliability.

Sent from my C2105 using PW Forums mobile app
    Under the Coconut tree

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by LIANARULES View Post
    I'm not sure of the PS fluid.. Get any reputed company's fluid. As for the timing belt, it has to be changed at 100k kms usually. Though I had it done on my vitz at 78k kms to assure reliability.

I think vitz from 2005 onwards has EPS which doesnt require any PS fluid.

Sent from my SM-G900H using PW Forums mobile app

4. 20-06-2014, 07:31 PM

PakWheeler

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aakbar View Post

The model is not mentioned.

Under the Coconut tree

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aakbar View Post

Yes, It has an Electric Rotary installed at Steering which operates with Electric Power only. No need of Fluid.
    Never underEstimate anyone. Might be a charade has a v8 in his heart.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aoa,
    is there any way to add km/L display ..

Sent from my A900 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The model is not mentioned.

Thats why I mentioned the model so that if yours is 2005 onwards model, you won't have to worry about it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro, vitz have EPS (electronic power steering) technology.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aqib View Post
    Aoa,
    is there any way to add km/L display ..

Sent from my A900 using PW Forums mobile app
    Yes! There are many chinese made meters that tells you the instant fuel average. They are connected to OBD II port and tell you the real time speed, temperature, rpms, fuel average and much more.. Not sure if you can buy it from here but there were many in UK..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aoa Pw's..
    unfortunately i have lost my genuine remote key of my vitz... plz tell me from where i can get a new one in (lhr/fsd) ??? and in how much it will cost ??
    waiting your replies

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AOA
    I have purchased vitz model 2010 31k on odo but its pick is not well , reached 60km/h very slowly and engine noise is also very high . What can be the problem ?Plz tell me what should i do n which things i should change i mean filters , oil etc its my first jdm car. I m in lhr also suggest me good mechanic/workshop.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by leo_ali View Post
    AOA
    I have purchased vitz model 2010 31k on odo but its pick is not well , reached 60km/h very slowly and engine noise is also very high . What can be the problem ?Plz tell me what should i do n which things i should change i mean filters , oil etc its my first jdm car. I m in lhr also suggest me good mechanic/workshop.

First of all, 31k is not the genuine mileage. So forget if its gonna run like a new car..
    Its a CVT car with a 1000cc engine. It is supposed to have slow acceleration but it depends what car you were driving before. Engine noise is a normal thing for 1kr-fe engine but it should not be too much. Here are few things that you can do to make it better..
    Change your engine oil to one of the following...
    Caltex Havoline Formula 10w30. Around 2100 for 4 litres.(I'm using this).
    Toyota Petron Plus 10w30. Around 2400
    Toyota Genuine oil tin pack 10w30 or 5w30. Around 3400
    Shell Helix HX7 E 5w30.
    These oils provide best possible fuel average and smoother drive with better acceleration. I have used so many oils Zic, Kixx, Shell, Caltex, Toyota.. Imported oils and synthetic oils for Vitz are just a waste of money.. They dont do anything better for the car except longer oil change interval. But i think buying a normal oil and changing after 3000 kms is better than buying expensive oil and changing after 6000kms in this hot and dusty environment.
    Do not compromise on filters. Always use Toyota genuine air and oil filters.
    Get your throttle body cleaned.
    Clean or change plugs.
    Get the fuel injectors cleaned.
    Change the CVT oil. Its a bit expensive so i would recommend you to get it inspected from a workshop.
    Where do you live? Toyota Airport motors has the best workshop and mechanics but expensive.. I don't go anywhere else now as they solve the problem with just one visit as compared to others. I had few problems in my car and spent a lot of money to get them resolved from different workshops. I went to them and solved both problems and its been a month now that i haven't faced the same problem again.
    If you do not want to spend much money then Magic motors model town is a good place. Just google Magic Motors and you will be able to get there address on their website.

Try all the above mentioned things if you still face the same problem then we can go to the next step i.e Catalytic Converter and Fuel filter.. or call me at 03214215750 and we can meet somewhere and you can check the difference between my car and yours.. if there is any..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AOA

Get initial tuning of the car

Sent from my C6603 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faisal.imtiaz.16 View Post
    First of all, 31k is not the genuine mileage. So forget if its gonna run like a new car..
    Its a CVT car with a 1000cc engine. It is supposed to have slow acceleration but it depends what car you were driving before. Engine noise is a normal thing for 1kr-fe engine but it should not be too much. Here are few things that you can do to make it better..
    Shell Helix HX7 E 5w30.
    These oils provide best possible fuel average and smoother drive with better acceleration. I have used so many oils Zic, Kixx, Shell, Caltex, Toyota.. Imported oils and synthetic oils for Vitz are just a waste of money.. They dont do anything better for the car except longer oil change interval. But i think buying a normal oil and changing after 3000 kms is better than buying expensive oil and changing after 6000kms in this hot and dusty environment.
    Clean or change plugs.
    Change the CVT oil. Its a bit expensive so i would recommend you to get it inspected from a workshop.
    Where do you live? Toyota Airport motors has the best workshop and mechanics but expensive.. I don't go anywhere else now as they solve the problem with just one visit as compared to others. I had few problems in my car and spent a lot of money to get them resolved from different workshops. I went to them and solved both problems and its been a month now that i haven't faced the same problem again.
    If you do not want to spend much money then Magic motors model town is a good place. Just google Magic Motors and you will be able to get there address on their website.

Try all the above mentioned things if you still face the same problem then we can go to the next step i.e Catalytic Converter and Fuel filter.. or call me at 03214215750 and we can meet somewhere and you can check the difference between my car and yours.. if there is any..
    Thanks alot faisal bhai i will go to magic motors in few days and we will surely meet after that work. Btw i m lahore from where u r. I have saved ur number and also texting u my number.
    I also contact previous owner about all mention things but he replied jnb i have changed both air n oil filters also engine oil and spark plugs and transmission oil few days back. I think he is lying?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Shell Helix HX7 E 5w30.
    Clean or change plugs.

Btw what would be the total cost of all work u mention above at toyota airport and magic motors any idea?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by talhabinomar View Post
    Get initial tuning of the car

Sent from my C6603 using PW Forums mobile app
    Thnks bro

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AOA

Most probably its transmission oil issue get it changed from toyota centre because its a sensitive thing if not done properly then u might end up spoiling your cvt transmission like me which cost me 50k to completely change the gear assembly so go to toyota motors and ensure that u change it as soon as possible and also only use toyota cvt oil nothing else
    Good luck

vitz 2010

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The transmission oil I.e cvt oil , comes in a Tin box. Make sure that cvt is mentioned, not atf.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Btw what would be the total cost of all work u mention above at toyota airport and magic motors any idea?

I got my throttle body service, fuel injectors cleaned ultrasonically, plugs cleaned, fuel filter cleaned from Magic Motora and they charged me 2000rs. If you go to Toyota Airport, Throttle body is 1500rs and just the plugs cleaning 800. Injectors and fuel filter cleaning would be more expensive.. CVT oil costs around 5000 and 2500 labour charges at Toyota. As said by other respected members, get CVT oil changed only from Toyota centre.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I got my throttle body service, fuel injectors cleaned ultrasonically, plugs cleaned, fuel filter cleaned from Magic Motora and they charged me 2000rs. If you go to Toyota Airport, Throttle body is 1500rs and just the plugs cleaning 800. Injectors and fuel filter cleaning would be more expensive.. CVT oil costs around 5000 and 2500 labour charges at Toyota. As said by other respected members, get CVT oil changed only from Toyota centre.
    If you want to get all the jobs done from Toyota then at least Rs. 25K. i.e.
    For Tuning
    Wheel balancing and alignment
    Brake pads service
    CVT Transmission oil change
    Coolant change

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by talhabinomar View Post
    If you want to get all the jobs done from Toyota then at least Rs. 25K. i.e.
    For Tuning
    Wheel balancing and alignment
    Brake pads service
    CVT Transmission oil change
    Coolant change
    Toyota 3S is a ripoff. They charged my friend 210k for his Vitz's accident repair. The front left fender, front bumper and headlight were changed. Parts costed 92k .. Some suspension parts were changed aswell. We all told him he was being ripped off but he had just bought the car 2 months ago and wanted to maintain it from 3S.

Under the Coconut tree

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List