0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Best available oil for Vitz.

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using PW Forums mobile app
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    ?Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by civic7 View Post

And this should be changed after how many kms?

Sent from my LG-D802 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by LIANARULES View Post
    Should I stick to 10W-30?
    Yes.. 10w30 or 5w30 are best hrades for Vitz. Toyota genuine oil tin pack comes in 5w30 and 10w30. Thats the best oil if you can afford it. Can be driven 5000-6000kms easily.
    Otherwise havoline 10w30, Toyota petrol plus 10w30 or Shell helix ultra/hx7e 5w30 if want to save some money and max interval 3000kms.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by civic7 View Post

Agree..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What about liqui moly???
    Isn't it the best?
    Or Mobil?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mortal View Post
    And this should be changed after how many kms?

I have used this oil and after driving it 5000kms i went to filter house and asked the guy to check the engine oil. He said its still fine and i can drive it about 1000-1500 more.. So 5000-6000kms is fine. Price for this one is 3400 from Toyota 3s

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What about liqui moly???
    Isn't it the best?
    Or Mobil?

They are very good oils.. no doubt in it but you cant be sure if its the same thing that is sold in USA, same standard, or if its repacked here or if there is really Mobil or LM oil in the box.. Even if you are 100% sure that its Genuine oil, whats the benefit of this expensive oil in 1000cc Vitz? These oils do not perform better than the above mentioned oils in your car. In my opinion they are designed for expensive cars like BMW, Mercedes, Porche, Audi etc.. i dont see any benefit of them in Vitz. Only advantage you gonna get with them is long oil change intervals but IMO buying an oil for Rs. 2200 and changing after 3000kms is much better than the 4000-5000rs oil and changing after 7000-8000kms. They keep their viscosity for long runs but its gonna get dirty anyway... Its a small engine having only 3litres oil in it.. Why your Honda workshop guy asks you to change the oil after 800kms in your bike? Have you ever argued with him that im gonna use Mobil 1 in it for 5000kms? Small engine.. 1litre oil.. After 1000kms no one can tell the difference if its Mobil or Havoline either by the colour or by viscosity. SO save your money and use Havoline, Shell or Toyota Petron plus. If you want the best then Toyota tin oil, atleast its genuine and Toyota wont make a **** oil for their own cars.
    My friend has 4 cars and they are using Havoline formula for years now and i have never heard from him that his car is in the workshop because the pistons are worn..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Im looking for CD player panel ring for Toyota Vitz 99-01 can any one help me
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just coming back from Filter house for an oil change. I was about to get Havoline formula 10w30 and saw Toyota tin oil 10w30. I know the price of this oil from 3s shops and its 3400. I just asked the guy and i was shocked by the price given.. 2490rs for 4 litres!! As many other members included me has recommended this oil as the best oil for Vitz. After this price i would say do not use any other oil. Its the best oil 2490rs can buy for you.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faisal.imtiaz.16 View Post
    Just coming back from Filter house for an oil change. I was about to get Havoline formula 10w30 and saw Toyota tin oil 10w30. I know the price of this oil from 3s shops and its 3400. I just asked the guy and i was shocked by the price given.. 2490rs for 4 litres!! As many other members included me has recommended this oil as the best oil for Vitz. After this price i would say do not use any other oil. Its the best oil 2490rs can buy for you.
    Is the oil you got genuine? I mean, 3S cannot have a profit margin of over 1k on oils. :/

Sent from my C2105 using PW Forums mobile app
    Under the Coconut tree

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How can you be sure that it's from japan???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota 3s shops are selling the air filter for 2350rs and all other well reputed shops sell the genuine air filter for 1200... And i have tried both and they look exactly same. Filter house also had a local made air filter for 650 in Toyota packing and printed made in Japan on it but by the looks of it, it feels inferior to the genuine one. Genuine air filter fibres have kinda shine on them..
    As far as oil is concerned, i had the box of previous oil purchased from 3S. They look exactly same having some kind of serial numbers printed at same place and same fonts. Plastic bottles oils are easy to be repacked again but this tin oil.. The way it opens it felt original. No one leaves the empty box at the oil shop and i dont think that tin pack is manufactured here.
    And Filter house has a good reputation for keeping genuine oils. And the guy there told me that Filter house has reduced the prices as well. They were selling CVT oil for 3600rs which was for 4300.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How can you be sure that it's from japan???

To be honest, I'm not but..
    It says Made in Japan on the box.. Toyota sells the same oil and they claim it to be imported from Japan. Part number is printed on it and if we search it online it is available on Japanese websites.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota 3s shops are selling the air filter for 2350rs and all other well reputed shops sell the genuine air filter for 1200... And i have tried both and they look exactly same. Filter house also had a local made air filter for 650 in Toyota packing and printed made in Japan on it but by the looks of it, it feels inferior to the genuine one. Genuine air filter fibres have kinda shine on them..
    As far as oil is concerned, i had the box of previous oil purchased from 3S. They look exactly same having some kind of serial numbers printed at same place and same fonts. Plastic bottles oils are easy to be repacked again but this tin oil.. The way it opens it felt original. No one leaves the empty box at the oil shop and i dont think that tin pack is manufactured here.
    And Filter house has a good reputation for keeping genuine oils. And the guy there told me that Filter house has reduced the prices as well. They were selling CVT oil for 3600rs which was for 4300.
    Will visit them for sure to get Toyota ATF, and also for my ride's next oil change!

Under the Coconut tree

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by LIANARULES View Post
    Will visit them for sure to get Toyota ATF, and also for my ride's next oil change!

Forgot to mention one more thing.. When i went to Toyota Airport motors last time.. I asked the mechanic about CVT oil and labour. He quoted 5500 for oil and 2500 labour. Then he suggested me to buy the oil from Filter house DHA as its gonna cost around 4000 from their and about the 2500 labour, he said he will get me some discount. I asked him if the oil is genuine there and he said yes.. I have sent 4 other persons there and the oil they bring is 100% genuine. I live in EME so their Thokhar branch is close to my house.
    And by the way, i do not have any interest in publicity of filter house :p

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Forgot to mention one more thing.. When i went to Toyota Airport motors last time.. I asked the mechanic about CVT oil and labour. He quoted 5500 for oil and 2500 labour. Then he suggested me to buy the oil from Filter house DHA as its gonna cost around 4000 from their and about the 2500 labour, he said he will get me some discount. I asked him if the oil is genuine there and he said yes.. I have sent 4 other persons there and the oil they bring is 100% genuine. I live in EME so their Thokhar branch is close to my house.
    And by the way, i do not have any interest in publicity of filter house :p
    Changing CVT oil of Vitz is one of the most difficult thing to do. Many members here has ended up with busted Transmission box, so please be careful. I suggest only preferred those who had some experience in CVT changing, no matter its a Toyota or any other road side Lube shop, any one has experienced with Toyota Airport motors in CVY changing ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello guys

I have recently got 2011 Vitz (XP130); I think its 20k-25k driven; you cant trust the imported car's ODOs. All in all its driving fine; I have changed its oil and air filter/oil filters etc. When should its transmission oil be changed? If someone has the owner's manual can someone share snaps of its maintenance pages!

Secondly I want to change its audio player; it only tunes first few FM channels and lacks bluetooth/usb etc. Please recommend some audio receiver that has back view camera option as well. I guess its swap-able by standard 2 DIN audio receiver. Attaching its picture for reference

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1446309
    http://www.facebook.com/PhotographyBlogs | http://www.facebook.com/pages/Digital-Music/100893450081351; lets create/learn some digital music today!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khurram_aziz View Post
    Hello guys

I have recently got 2011 Vitz (XP130); I think its 20k-25k driven; you cant trust the imported car's ODOs. All in all its driving fine; I have changed its oil and air filter/oil filters etc. When should its transmission oil be changed? If someone has the owner's manual can someone share snaps of its maintenance pages!

Secondly I want to change its audio player; it only tunes first few FM channels and lacks bluetooth/usb etc. Please recommend some audio receiver that has back view camera option as well. I guess its swap-able by standard 2 DIN audio receiver. Attaching its picture for reference

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1446309
    Congrats on the purchase, Tranny oil is recomended to be changed first at 60,000 kms, Being safe change it at 40,000 km, Its not completetly changed, Just some of it would come out and youll add to top it only.

The headunit is pretty much changeable since its not a indash one (atleast doesnt looks like) you can get a basic Pioneer DVD with USB/AUX/Camera/BT in around 17-21k range.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Need help, how to increase pick and how to decrease engine sound of Vitz 2010 1.0L 1kr engine. Engine oil changed, CVT oil changed, new genuine air filter changed, throttle body service done last week but its pathetic.
    Really disappointed from this car.

?Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mastspidy View Post
    Changing CVT oil of Vitz is one of the most difficult thing to do. Many members here has ended up with busted Transmission box, so please be careful. I suggest only preferred those who had some experience in CVT changing, no matter its a Toyota or any other road side Lube shop, any one has experienced with Toyota Airport motors in CVY changing ?
    Just got the CVT oil changed from Toyota Airport.. He said the oil is 100% genuine.
    He opend the oil chamber to drain all the oil and then cleaned the magnets having thick black dirt on them. The n cleand the chamber with carb cleaner and applied some I nd of liquid on the join to seal it again. Tge closed the chamber and let dry for 30mins. Then he pourwd the oil in a machine and inserted the small pipe in an opend screw on the side of the gear box. Turned on the machine and it took 20mins to fill 4 litre oil in it. Ran the car on the lifter at 80km/h for 10mins ti check any leakage. Then went for a test drive.
    Drive is very smooth now and tried my best to feel the shifting but there was no sign of it. So far completwly satisfied.
    Oil was 3600rs from Filter house.
    Normal charges at Airport motors are 2800rs but as promised by the mechanic, he managed to make it 2000rs. He also conncted the OBD scanner to clear any codea and reset the ecu for free. They charge 1000rs for this.. Carb cleaner and liquid costs 700 but he already had it with him so he used it. Overall very satisfied.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List