0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@faisal.imtiaz.16 How's your car running on toyota engine oil?

Sent from my C2105 using PW Forums mobile app
    Under the Coconut tree

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ask4faizi View Post
    Faisal if I am not wrong, shifting from 175/70/R14 to 185/70/14 will only increase tyre width....however the second figure represents tyre height from rim edge to the tyre treads....i think he should go for 185/75/R14

Sent from my LT26ii using PW Forums mobile app
    The second figure is width to height ratio.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imrananr View Post
    You are completely wrong. This does not look like a synthetic oil. Max. It may be a synthetic blend.
    It's not amount the best oils for vitz.
    Who said it's synthetic????
    Simply it's best available.

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using PW Forums mobile app
    ?Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You are completely wrong. This does not look like a synthetic oil. Max. It may be a synthetic blend.
    It's not amount the best oils for vitz.
    No one claimed it to be synthetic and Toyota has not mentioned in Vitz manual to use synthetic oil for your car. Whats your point bro? Do you have any other better recommendation? Please share your experience to enlighten us.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by LIANARULES View Post
    @faisal.imtiaz.16 How's your car running on toyota engine oil?

Its great as expected. Very smooth drive with excellent acceleration and nearly soundless engine when idle. I have used this oil before and stopped using as i change oil after 3000kms and it was for 3400rs from Toyota 3s. Filter house sells it for 2490 so this makes it the best oil available in this prrice. It can be used easily for about 5000-6000 kms.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faisal.imtiaz.16 View Post
    No one claimed it to be synthetic and Toyota has not mentioned in Vitz manual to use synthetic oil for your car. Whats your point bro? Do you have any other better recommendation? Please share your experience to enlighten us.
    FYI, check the following link
    http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/aktio...hmentId=695007

I hope you will understand.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

FYI, check the following link
    http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/aktio...hmentId=695007

I hope you will understand.
    So liqui Moly is best then???

Sent from my LG-D802 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=Mortal;4458040]So liqui Moly is best then???

Sent from my LG-D802 using PW Forums mobile app[/QUOTE
    For Toyota Vitz, the recommended oil viscosity grade is 5W30 with ILSAC GF-5 and API SN grades.
    Now for the brand; go for any good company full synthetic oil fulfilling above requirements. Either both or one of them.
    You can also go for synthetic blend ( semi synthetic) as these are cheaper than full synthetic.
    For Toyota vitz you can also use 10w-30 as recommended in manual.
    Some people go for 5w-40 for hot weather conditions in Pakistan. That's Ok but then they will not get best fuel consumption.
    In vitz we have vvti (variable valve timing) mechanism which changes the valve timing with regards to the engine RPM. And this system installed with over head cams is lubricated with the engine oil. Hence, proper viscosity recommended by Toyota for Vitz plays an important role for proper functioning of this mechanism.
    5w-30 or 10w-30 also fulfill the high temperature requirements as we have in Pakistan.
    Go for Liqui moly if imported, or shell helix ultra, or Total Quartz 9000 full synthetic oils.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Missing Screw

I was just checking on engine of my vitz. I happen to notice a screw slot at the side of the engine and clearly screw is missing. Is this normal? I never noticed it before so I can't tell whether someone removed it after I got this car. Does this has any critical impact on the car? I'm just curious.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My vitz with COB DRL's. Prefer these over fogs. The fogs are pretty much useless, but they look damn hot :p

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Under the Coconut tree

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=imrananr;4458063]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortal View Post
    So liqui Moly is best then???

Sent from my LG-D802 using PW Forums mobile app[/QUOTE
    For Toyota Vitz, the recommended oil viscosity grade is 5W30 with ILSAC GF-5 and API SN grades.
    Now for the brand; go for any good company full synthetic oil fulfilling above requirements. Either both or one of them.
    You can also go for synthetic blend ( semi synthetic) as these are cheaper than full synthetic.
    For Toyota vitz you can also use 10w-30 as recommended in manual.
    Some people go for 5w-40 for hot weather conditions in Pakistan. That's Ok but then they will not get best fuel consumption.
    In vitz we have vvti (variable valve timing) mechanism which changes the valve timing with regards to the engine RPM. And this system installed with over head cams is lubricated with the engine oil. Hence, proper viscosity recommended by Toyota for Vitz plays an important role for proper functioning of this mechanism.
    5w-30 or 10w-30 also fulfill the high temperature requirements as we have in Pakistan.
    Go for Liqui moly if imported, or shell helix ultra, or Total Quartz 9000 full synthetic oils.
    Very nice info...
    About using synthetic oils, i have used shell helix ultra 5w30 and after 3000kms, the colour was changed a lot and when i checked the oil by rubbing between fingers, it did not feel very viscous and smelled like something burnt. Used Kixx 5w40 and as you said it decreased my fuel average. Why did it decrease my fuel average? You said in your last post or maybe in the reference link it was written that synthetic oils move more freely and there is no random friction in it as compared to conventional oils? If thats true then it should improve the fuel average isn't it? if we compare a normal 5w30 with 5w40 synthetic oil then 5w40 should compensate the thickness of the oil with that free movement without friction resulting better or same fuel average.
    My question remains same.. Why should i use expensive synthetic oil? How will it benefit me? Is synthetic oil recommended for cars driven around 70-80k kms? I think most of the members here have the cars driven over 60k kms.
    Why dont you recommend Toyota genuine motor oil tin 10w30? Its API SN and one of the recommended viscosity. Car drive is smooth with less noisy engine and very nice fuel consumption and it does not smell bad or loose viscosity even after 5000kms.
    Why Honda and Toyota does not have synthetic oil in their workshops? As they provide warranty on new cars they should recommend synthetic oil so that they get less claims about engine performance.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by godsp3ll View Post
    I was just checking on engine of my vitz. I happen to notice a screw slot at the side of the engine and clearly screw is missing. Is this normal? I never noticed it before so I can't tell whether someone removed it after I got this car. Does this has any critical impact on the car? I'm just curious.
    Its not the engine. Its just the air intake box thingy. I just checked my car and its same.. no screw. So dont worry about it. Next time you visit your service station, ask him to wash your engine with pressurized shampoo and petrol mixture. Or visit your nearest Toyota 3s shop and get your engine steam washed. Your battery acid is leaking. Check the level and dont let it drop over your engine body.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=faisal.imtiaz.16;4458575]

Very nice info...
    About using synthetic oils, i have used shell helix ultra 5w30 and after 3000kms, the colour was changed a lot and when i checked the oil by rubbing between fingers, it did not feel very viscous and smelled like something burnt. Used Kixx 5w40 and as you said it decreased my fuel average. Why did it decrease my fuel average? You said in your last post or maybe in the reference link it was written that synthetic oils move more freely and there is no random friction in it as compared to conventional oils? If thats true then it should improve the fuel average isn't it? if we compare a normal 5w30 with 5w40 synthetic oil then 5w40 should compensate the thickness of the oil with that free movement without friction resulting better or same fuel average.
    My question remains same.. Why should i use expensive synthetic oil? How will it benefit me? Is synthetic oil recommended for cars driven around 70-80k kms? I think most of the members here have the cars driven over 60k kms.
    Why dont you recommend Toyota genuine motor oil tin 10w30? Its API SN and one of the recommended viscosity. Car drive is smooth with less noisy engine and very nice fuel consumption and it does not smell bad or loose viscosity even after 5000kms.
    Why Honda and Toyota does not have synthetic oil in their workshops? As they provide warranty on new cars they should recommend synthetic oil so that they get less claims about engine performance.
    Our initial argument was that Toyota 10w30 (tin pack) as you had told was the best oil for Vitz. I disagreed to it saying that since it's not synthetic hence it cannot be the best oil.
    Now, you can use mineral oil as the Toyota one you are satisfied with, because you are using the correct viscosity grade as recommended by Toyota. But since is a mineral oil, you will have to change is very soon and oil change interval shall be very short.
    Further more, in the long run (which you cannot see now), the synthetic oil properties like detergency, stable oxidation property etc. keep your engine clean and less sludge will be accumulated over time as compared to the mineral oils. There is nothing wrong in using mineral oil being changed at the proper interval but we cannot give it credit of being the best oil since it's not synthetic.
    Always remember that with high viscosity grade, the fuel mileage becomes "POOR". The lesser the oil viscosity grade the better the fuel mileage.
    If now you start using 0w20, you shall get even better fuel average than what you are getting with 10W30. But there's always a limit to this.
    The only thing with high mileage vehicles is that you can shift to a higher viscosity oil than what you were using earlier keeping it full synthetic. The reason for this is that over the time (high mileage) the clearances between the moving parts increase due to which a thicker oil can be used. For example, a person using 5w 30 on his car with 15000 km of mileage can use 5w40 after he has crossed 100000+ on the same engine.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=imrananr;4458652]

Our initial argument was that Toyota 10w30 (tin pack) as you had told was the best oil for Vitz. I disagreed to it saying that since it's not synthetic hence it cannot be the best oil.
    Now, you can use mineral oil as the Toyota one you are satisfied with, because you are using the correct viscosity grade as recommended by Toyota. But since is a mineral oil, you will have to change is very soon and oil change interval shall be very short.
    Further more, in the long run (which you cannot see now), the synthetic oil properties like detergency, stable oxidation property etc. keep your engine clean and less sludge will be accumulated over time as compared to the mineral oils. There is nothing wrong in using mineral oil being changed at the proper interval but we cannot give it credit of being the best oil since it's not synthetic.
    Always remember that with high viscosity grade, the fuel mileage becomes "POOR". The lesser the oil viscosity grade the better the fuel mileage.
    If now you start using 0w20, you shall get even better fuel average than what you are getting with 10W30. But there's always a limit to this.
    The only thing with high mileage vehicles is that you can shift to a higher viscosity oil than what you were using earlier keeping it full synthetic. The reason for this is that over the time (high mileage) the clearances between the moving parts increase due to which a thicker oil can be used. For example, a person using 5w 30 on his car with 15000 km of mileage can use 5w40 after he has crossed 100000+ on the same engine.
    There are no 'arguments' here bro. Just a friendly informative talk.
    I say 10w30 TGO is the best oil 2490rs can buy. Post #9089.
    Caltex claims that their Havoline formula has some deposit shield tech that keeps cleaning your engine and helps to reduce the sludge build up. Thats not synthetic. A synthetic oil can not guarantee that there will be no sludge. ENgines with small sumps and running in hot conditions can build up sludge overtime no matter its synthetic or mineral.
    If you keep all the weather and environment conditions in mind alongwith the small sump of vitz, whats better? Mineral oil for 3000kms or synthetic oil for 5000-7000kms? Which one will have less sludge?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=faisal.imtiaz.16;4458688]

There are no 'arguments' here bro. Just a friendly informative talk.
    I say 10w30 TGO is the best oil 2490rs can buy. Post #9089.
    Caltex claims that their Havoline formula has some deposit shield tech that keeps cleaning your engine and helps to reduce the sludge build up. Thats not synthetic. A synthetic oil can not guarantee that there will be no sludge. ENgines with small sumps and running in hot conditions can build up sludge overtime no matter its synthetic or mineral.
    If you keep all the weather and environment conditions in mind alongwith the small sump of vitz, whats better? Mineral oil for 3000kms or synthetic oil for 5000-7000kms? Which one will have less sludge?
    Definitely with synthetic oil you will have very less sludge. And once you open the engine head after 100000+ miles! you will find it to be clean as compared to the conventional oil being used for the same mileage.
    Furthermore, if you disassemble the engine, you will find the con rod big end bearings with less wear when compared to an engine with conventional oil.
    Cutting it short, it's always a win-win situation with synthetic oil over convention oils provided they are properly selected as per the manufacturer requirements.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its not the engine. Its just the air intake box thingy. I just checked my car and its same.. no screw. So dont worry about it. Next time you visit your service station, ask him to wash your engine with pressurized shampoo and petrol mixture. Or visit your nearest Toyota 3s shop and get your engine steam washed. Your battery acid is leaking. Check the level and dont let it drop over your engine body.
    Thank you for the reply. I will definitely do what you said. I got the battery checked recently and mechanic said it was fine. It's just I didn't clean my car engine for sometime now. Plus I travelled from Lahore to Islamabad recently and it rained a lot for the last 3-4 days that's why it's looking like there might be an acid leak. But I might be wrong and I will definitely get it checked again. I live in Lahore as well as this is my first car so I'm a newbie. I'd difficulty finding a good mechanic for service and changing oil etc for my car. Just getting it done from random mechanics. If you could find me one good place where I can get all things done with peace of mind I would be grateful. I've been reading a lot of stuff on pakwheels forums and made a conclusion that these days even the toyota dealers aren't trustworthy. What should I do now? A lot of things to ask about my car. I mean I just found out how to check the engine oil level of my car. That's how bad newbie I'm. You've a lot of knowledge about vitz and I commend that.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you for the reply. I will definitely do what you said. I got the battery checked recently and mechanic said it was fine. It's just I didn't clean my car engine for sometime now. Plus I travelled from Lahore to Islamabad recently and it rained a lot for the last 3-4 days that's why it's looking like there might be an acid leak. But I might be wrong and I will definitely get it checked again. I live in Lahore as well as this is my first car so I'm a newbie. I'd difficulty finding a good mechanic for service and changing oil etc for my car. Just getting it done from random mechanics. If you could find me one good place where I can get all things done with peace of mind I would be grateful. I've been reading a lot of stuff on pakwheels forums and made a conclusion that these days even the toyota dealers aren't trustworthy. What should I do now? A lot of things to ask about my car. I mean I just found out how to check the engine oil level of my car. That's how bad newbie I'm. You've a lot of knowledge about vitz and I commend that.
    Dear Fellow,

If u can easily find, You should go to Magic Motors Model Town, Lahore. And meet the son of the owner. He is very nice guy. They have very welcoming behaviour and good mechanics as well. And for oil change you can trust Makki Oil Store at Johar Town Branch, or Akbar Chowk Branch. They are also good at their quality and work. Best of luck on this forum and dnt worry , You will be a competent car owner through this forum.
    Never underEstimate anyone. Might be a charade has a v8 in his heart.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro, we all are here to help each other by our experiences and discuss different issues, like there is very informative discussion is going on between @imrananr and @faisal.imtiaz.16. Go back some pages and you ll find information on CVT oil changing. Read all carefully and you won't be a newbie over time.

For changing and purchasing oil, i prefer Makki Oil store located near Wapda Town or Filter House, they have different branches which are located in DHA, Infront of Qazafi Stadium and Montegomery Road, select any of it which suits you.

For maintenance like Throttle service, Fuel Injectors cleaning, ECU scanning etc, Magic Motors is a good option and they are economical too. They are located in Model Town. If you want to spend extra, Toyota Airport Motors is a good option.

If you have any other queries, please feel free to ask.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mastspidy View Post
    Bro, we all are here to help each other by our experiences and discuss different issues, like there is very informative discussion is going on between @imrananr and @faisal.imtiaz.16. Go back some pages and you ll find information on CVT oil changing. Read all carefully and you won't be a newbie over time.

For changing and purchasing oil, i prefer Makki Oil store located near Wapda Town or Filter House, they have different branches which are located in DHA, Infront of Qazafi Stadium and Montegomery Road, select any of it which suits you.

For maintenance like Throttle service, Fuel Injectors cleaning, ECU scanning etc, Magic Motors is a good option and they are economical too. They are located in Model Town. If you want to spend extra, Toyota Airport Motors is a good option.

If you have any other queries, please feel free to ask.
    Yeah I just read last 100 pages in a row
    You guys are helping a lot in understanding all I need to know about the ride. I will definitely check out Filter House. Once again Thanks a lot!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Yasirshafeeq View Post
    Dear Fellow,

If u can easily find, You should go to Magic Motors Model Town, Lahore. And meet the son of the owner. He is very nice guy. They have very welcoming behaviour and good mechanics as well. And for oil change you can trust Makki Oil Store at Johar Town Branch, or Akbar Chowk Branch. They are also good at their quality and work. Best of luck on this forum and dnt worry , You will be a competent car owner through this forum.
    I will check out. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List