0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by scorpiono1 View Post
    I bought vitz 2011. My first automatic car before it i keep my hand clean using bolan. Well matter is today i bring my vitz to baldia town karachi and around some 10 to 12 time my car touched and scratched on the speedbreakers (feeling so bad and sad)

Any one can please let me know how much damage could be happen? should i bring my car to toyota service center for checkup?

and what i should do? did i buy new big tyres or shocker thing?

Please help
    All the vitz have same problem that is low ground clearance. You have two optuons to resolve this issue.
    Change your tyres to 185-70-14 from 165-70-14. It will imprive the ground clearance roughly about 2".
    2nd option is to install spacers in the rare shocks.
    If your current tyres are in good condition then use the spacers otherwise go for new tyres 185-70-14
    Yokohama dna ecos, Yokohama advan db are good tyres. Make sure you buy soft tyres and not the hard ones.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ask4faizi View Post
    I went to change oil of my 1999 vitz. Initially I used Liqui moly oil, dnt remember its grade bt it was one.of the top line variant and oil color was lead gray...i think it was 5w20. It gave gud mileage and i.changed it after 9000k as the company recommends 10-12k mileage. When drained...the oil was still viscous and the quantity was almost the same i.e. 3.5 litres approx that means engine didnt consume oil. Bt second time I went for zic A+ and yesterday after 5000 kms when I checked gauge the oil level was at half...thats shocking for me as my car's engine is in extremely gud condition (96% compression rate). I decided to change oil immediately and went to a shop...wanted to have ur xpert opinion,that for which oil I shud go this time bt unfortunately didnt hv ur number....kindly note that my car's odo is 187,000 kms and I imported it myself in january 2013.

Sent from my LT26ii using PW Forums mobile app
    I don't remember the post number but I did mention once that Zic is the worst oil. I used 0w30 i.e a bit thicker than zic a+. Engine started knocking badly and very noisy. I changed to havoline and it was much better. What oil were you using before LM? What i think is, that thin LM oil cleaned your engine well and removee all the sludge and oil itself became a bit thicker.that time and when you changed the oil to same grade, the gap in rings increased a bit resulting in oil consumption. I could be wrong but zic is a very low quality oil.or you might have got the fake oil.
    With 187000 on odo i would never use 5-20 grade. Use your havoline for about 2500 and then change to Toyota tin 10w30.
    What ever the oil is and whatever company recommends, you don't drive a small sump engine for 9000kms, specially with 187000 odo and our hot and dusty environment.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I went to change oil of my 1999 vitz. Initially I used Liqui moly oil, dnt remember its grade bt it was one.of the top line variant and oil color was lead gray...i think it was 5w20. It gave gud mileage and i.changed it after 9000k as the company recommends 10-12k mileage. When drained...the oil was still viscous and the quantity was almost the same i.e. 3.5 litres approx that means engine didnt consume oil. Bt second time I went for zic A+ and yesterday after 5000 kms when I checked gauge the oil level was at half...thats shocking for me as my car's engine is in extremely gud condition (96% compression rate). I decided to change oil immediately and went to a shop...wanted to have ur xpert opinion,that for which oil I shud go this time bt unfortunately didnt hv ur number....kindly note that my car's odo is 187,000 kms and I imported it myself in january 2013.

I am using zic A+ in all my cars from day one and never had any problem , the change interval is 5k but even if i go till 8k it doesn't matter!
    My cars have clocked more then 200 000 km!

Treat others the way you want to be treated
    Always respect your parents

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faisal.imtiaz.16 View Post
    I don't remember the post number but I did mention once that Zic is the worst oil. I used 0w30 i.e a bit thicker than zic a+. Engine started knocking badly and very noisy. I changed to havoline and it was much better. What oil were you using before LM? What i think is, that thin LM oil cleaned your engine well and removee all the sludge and oil itself became a bit thicker.that time and when you changed the oil to same grade, the gap in rings increased a bit resulting in oil consumption. I could be wrong but zic is a very low quality oil.or you might have got the fake oil.
    With 187000 on odo i would never use 5-20 grade. Use your havoline for about 2500 and then change to Toyota tin 10w30.
    What ever the oil is and whatever company recommends, you don't drive a small sump engine for 9000kms, specially with 187000 odo and our hot and dusty environment.
    If you buy fake oils then we can't do any thing and you keep on using a oil meant for 5k till 9k, if you do these kind of saving then definitely you'll ruin your engine

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Allhamdoulillah the issue of rough idling has been resolved significantly by resetting the ECM using DTC from Toyota Airport. The throttle body was checked and did not require any service as it was clean MashAllah.
    The rough idling has been reduced by 90%. only very small rough idling can be felt while looking at the engine. I think this can be made to go away completely by using a proper grounding kit. However, I am apprehensive about disconnecting the battery since it was the reason for upsetting the settings of the ECM.
    Bumper Sticker: "I feed off other people's rage, so drive carefully :-)."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What was the problem?
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    If you buy fake oils then we can't do any thing and you keep on using a oil meant for 5k till 9k, if you do these kind of saving then definitely you'll ruin your engine

Well I would recommend you to read the whole story first before jumping on to conclusions....if I ACCIDENTLY came across a fake oil then ofcourse its luck...nobody wants to buy a fake oil, secndly I didnt ask u to dp something bro...i actually asked faisal for advice on my next oil change. And at last...the LM oil which I used was not meant for 5k...it was for 10k which I used for 9k and pretty satisfied when it came out of engine.

Peace and thanks for your VALUABLE words

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well I would recommend you to read the whole story first before jumping on to conclusions....if I ACCIDENTLY came across a fake oil then ofcourse its luck...nobody wants to buy a fake oil, secndly I didnt ask u to dp something bro...i actually asked faisal for advice on my next oil change. And at last...the LM oil which I used was not meant for 5k...it was for 10k which I used for 9k and pretty satisfied when it came out of engine.

Peace and thanks for your VALUABLE words

Congratulations , keep on using L.M oils

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I ultimately have havoline 10w30 deposit shield bkz I cudnt afford to spare even another day on that oil...was it right decision as I read ur previous posts in which u recommended 5w30 or 10w30 for vitz....i was confused that the same grade would be gud for older models as of mine or just for 6-7 year older models....

Just read this, you made a good choice. This is one of the best oils I've used in my vitz. Did you get the engine flushed? I onced poured fake Zic oil in my santro by mistake. It started to give off smoke and ruined the engine. I had to change the oil again after just 10 kms. I had to get the engine flushed aswell and it was back to as it was before. I poured 20W-50 then as my mechanic suggested it and told me to switch over to 10W-30 next time. I'd suggest you change this oil after 1-1.5k kms. Hopefully, the engine would be fine.

Sent from my C2105 using PW Forums mobile app
    Under the Coconut tree

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by LIANARULES View Post
    Just read this, you made a good choice. This is one of the best oils I've used in my vitz. Did you get the engine flushed? I onced poured fake Zic oil in my santro by mistake. It started to give off smoke and ruined the engine. I had to change the oil again after just 10 kms. I had to get the engine flushed aswell and it was back to as it was before. I poured 20W-50 then as my mechanic suggested it and told me to switch over to 10W-30 next time. I'd suggest you change this oil after 1-1.5k kms. Hopefully, the engine would be fine.

Sent from my C2105 using PW Forums mobile app
    Nt nw bt when I used LM, I used LMs engine flush before pouring oil. Lets hope for.the best....will keep a strict eye on oil levels

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nt nw bt when I used LM, I used LMs engine flush before pouring oil. Lets hope for.the best....will keep a strict eye on oil levels

Please let us know about the results. Many members had bad experience with zic oils. A zic product manager started a thread about their oils and a member asked him some questions which he couldn't answer and got very ?ngry and rude.
    Are you using LM oil from the first day or just once before using zic? Check your exhaust for any km nd of smoke on a cold start in the morning.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@faisal can you recommend any good tyres of size 185/70/14... plz state their price aswell

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For ppl looking to upgrade their rims & tires:
    The OEM size of Vitz is 165/70/R14x5J ET:+45.
    If you are looking to keep the same overall diameter as OEM, then the best size to opt for is 185/65/R14x6J ET:+35.
    However, if you want to increase the road clearance, without compromising on fender clearance, then the best size to opt for is either 195/60/R15x6J or 195/60/R15x6.5J, both with ET:+38-40. The size 185/70/R14 can serve the same purpose, however, it doesn't look good and appears to be too bulky. These sizes offer an additional ground clearance of approx. 1.25" and net decrease in fender clearance by 0.8-0.9", which is acceptable in case of vitz.
    Do note that if u r opting for R15, then get some good quality light weight wheels like Lenso's.
    Bumper Sticker: "I feed off other people's rage, so drive carefully :-)."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Devilz Thanks for the suggestions bro.

What does these figures ('x6j' and 'ET:+35') represent?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by emaad1 View Post
    @faisal can you recommend any good tyres of size 185/70/14... plz state their price aswell
    I'm using Yokohama DNA ECOS 300.
    They are soft tyres with excellent road grip and they are advertised as fuel efficient and quiter tyres. 5800rs for each tyre. Made in Japan and late 2013 manufactured.
    Yokohama, Bridgstone, Gt radial are some excellent mid range tyres. If you want best then Pirelli and Michelin. Whatever tyre you buy, make sure they are 2014 manufactured and in case if they are Japanese, it should be late 2013. Tyre pattern/traction should be narrow. Wide traction keep getting the small stones stuck inside that makes very annoying noise. Soft tyres give a comfortable ride.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devilz_apprentice View Post
    For ppl looking to upgrade their rims & tires:
    The OEM size of Vitz is 165/70/R14x5J ET:+45.
    If you are looking to keep the same overall diameter as OEM, then the best size to opt for is 185/65/R14x6J ET:+35.
    However, if you want to increase the road clearance, without compromising on fender clearance, then the best size to opt for is either 195/60/R15x6J or 195/60/R15x6.5J, both with ET:+38-40. The size 185/70/R14 can serve the same purpose, however, it doesn't look good and appears to be too bulky. These sizes offer an additional ground clearance of approx. 1.25" and net decrease in fender clearance by 0.8-0.9", which is acceptable in case of vitz.
    Do note that if u r opting for R15, then get some good quality light weight wheels like Lenso's.
    Very nice info bro. About 185/70/14, it does look bad with stock rims and wheel caps but looks better with alloys. 195/60/15 looks great with alloys but its a bit low profile. I opted for 185/70/14 because of higher side walls as they provide excellent protection on bad roads and ensure a comfortable ride. And what does those numbera represent? 6.5 j and et 38-40??

18. 30-07-2014, 02:21 PM

Senior PakWheeler

Reason
    mistakenly added

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The sidewall height of 165/70/R14 is: 70% x 165 = 116mm. and the sidewall height of 195/60/r15 is: 60% x 195 = 117mm. Hence the profiles of both the above mentioned sizes is exactly the same, the only difference is the rim size, hence resulting in an increase in ground clearance by 1-1.25".
    R15x6j is the size of the rim, with 15 being the diameter in inches, 6 being the width of the rim in inches and J being the rim edge/tire bead profile.
    It is very important to opt for the rims whose width best suits the profile and dimensions of ur tire.
    Opting for a rim which is incompatible with ur desired tire profile, will result in a excess wear n tear of tires on road, and they represent a safety hazard on highways.
    Let's take the example of OEM wheels:
    the width of the tire is 165mm=6.5" and the width of the rim is 5" which is 77% of the tire width. The acceptable ratio is anywhere between 75% to 85%. Beyond 85%, you will have a relatively straight sidewall as opposed to a contoured sidewall, depicted in the pictures below:
    straight side-wall:
    Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1453310

contoured side-wall:
    Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1453307

Contoured side-wall offers more comfort for our pakistani roads.

ET is the offset of the stud plate of rims from centre line of the rim. The higher the ET value, the further it is from the centre line of the rim. If u select in appropriate value of the offset of the rim, u might end up either scuffing the tire with the suspension and wheel well every time u go over a bump or take sharp turn or u can also end up scuffing the tire edge with the fender lip.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey friends, assalaam o alaikum, first of all eid mubarak to all of you. Respected members, plz add me in group as i was also owned a vitz about a year ago. The car is in excellent condition and serving me perfectly. I am very very happy with the ride. It is 2001 model, silver color, with full options. I have only installed new tyres and rims in it. And does a periodic maintenance regularly.

Sent from my HTC Desire using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here are some pics of my love, my vitz

Attached Images Attached Images      

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by humayun.chughtai.7 View Post
    Here are some pics of my love, my vitz

The bestest model ever of vitzzzz...in terms of comfort, power, stability and looks.... :-)

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List