0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ask4faizi View Post
    The bestest model ever of vitzzzz...in terms of comfort, power, stability and looks.... :-)

Sent from my LT26ii using PW Forums mobile app
    This would've been the best, had it been a bit bigger from the inside.
    P.S. I own a 2003 Vitz.
    Sent from my C2105 using PW Forums mobile app
    Under the Coconut tree

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir, I am totally agreed with you. Except the looks of this model (mainly front look). The looks of 2003-04 model looks better to me.

Sent from my HTC Desire using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Whenever i change my engine oil and thee guy opens up the oil cap, light white colour smoke or steam vapours come out.. whats the reason? Has anyone else noticed the same thing?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes, according to my observation, it is normal. because i also notice the same thing when i opened the oil cap. but it only happens when the engine is at its optimal temperature. Experts plz correct me if i am wrong.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by humayun.chughtai.7 View Post
    yes, according to my observation, it is normal. because i also notice the same thing when i opened the oil cap. but it only happens when the engine is at its optimal temperature. Experts plz correct me if i am wrong.
    Glad to know im not alone :p and yes it happens only when engine is hot.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

To all my friends: suggest me Vitz-100 or Mirs ES, Running only in Islamabad once( after 3-months) to Abbottabad. concern is Fuel and re-sales and maintenance/spare parts? plz

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by humayun.chughtai.7 View Post
    Sir, I am totally agreed with you. Except the looks of this model (mainly front look). The looks of 2003-04 model looks better to me.

Yeah, the crystal lights add too the beauty. I have yhe FL package with black interior, and I absolutely love this car!

Under the Coconut tree

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And it begins.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Under the Coconut tree

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Masha Allah, clean ride with my favourite crystal lights. Sir, plz add some alloy rims to your car because without alloys the vitz is of no beauty.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro, if the fuel efficiency is your main concern then go for mira 660 otherwise vitz is the best. On the other hand, vitz 1st generation (99-04) is also more fuel efficient,powerful and tough&rough ride as compared to the newer ones as per my experience. I have shared only my experience with you. Experts will also help you.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tanoli16 View Post
    To all my friends: suggest me Vitz-100 or Mirs ES, Running only in Islamabad once( after 3-months) to Abbottabad. concern is Fuel and re-sales and maintenance/spare parts? plz
    Resale and maintenance is pretty much same as they both are very famous and common cars at least in Lahore. You don't really need any kind of maintenance for 1-2 years if you buy a freshly imported and less driven car. You don't need any spare parts if you drive carefully and take good care of it. Even if you need them, they are available pretty much everywhere. New imported and a bit used from the half cuts car.
    Fuel economy of Mira is much better than Vitz. Around 17 in city and above 20 on long routes. It goes upto 140km/h. A decent ac when the car is running and all the features like ABS, Airbags etc. Cheaper than Vitz.
    Overall Vitz is a better car as its spacious, can take 5 persons aboard easily and runs very well. More comfortable than Mira. Doesnt look like a small car. Fuel economy in city is around 14 and on long routes about 17. At least my car is giving me this average with ac on most of the time. Expensive as compared to Vitz.
    My neighbour bought Suzuki Wagon R and according to him, 17km/l in city with ac. Cant say if he's telling the truth or just exaggerating.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Red face Toyota Airport Motors

I'm planning to visit Toyota Airport Motors for my next oil change. I just wanted to know what things i need to keep in mind before paying my visit to Toyota Airport Motors. As Faisal said that they're the best in town so I want to try that place. I've few questions about my Vitz I need to ask you guys.
    1- There is a "grh grh" sound between 50-60 Km/hr speed. Something like when you hear in a manual car when your RPM is very low. It never happened before or maybe rarely happened. But this time it started right after I visit PSO pump in Islamabad. It was constant throughout the ride for 3-4 days. Usually I use 2:1 (normal: HOC) ratio for vitz. But I read at many threads that you get some weird sound in vitz because of low octane level of fuel you're using. So I tried 50:50 ratio from the same pump. The problem kinda went away. I'm just worried that it might come back. So want to know the exact cause of this problem and make sure this doesn't happen again.
    2- When my car is idle there is a screeching sound coming underneath my car. It happens both on D and N mode. I happened to notice it most when there are walls on both side of my ride which increases the intensity of the sound and makes it easy to hear due to sound reflection (e.g., drive thru of Mc Donalds). I used to have belt screeching sound before but one mechanic tied some screws and it went away. Don't know he did the right thing or not but sound went away. Is it due to the belt?
    3- My car has crossed 40K mark on ODO now. So I want your advise what should be done in maintenance of the car. I bought my car a year back and ODO had 25K on it. I never got anything checked except changing engine oil, air filter and oil filter from a local mechanic. As I said before this is my first car. Didn't even know how to drive a car before that.
    4- I need to know the sum I'll be paying to Toyota Airport Motors for the
    a-) Engine Oil Change. I can buy original Toyota oil from the filter house faisal told about in his previous post.
    b-) Air Filter (Don't know where to buy from)
    c-) Oil Filter (I've read somewhere that it should be original like the engine oil. Made in Japan wala not the Thailand one.
    d-) Get CVT oil checked. I know from the faisal's post that if I need to change it then it might cost Rs. 5500 + 2500
    e-) Full diagnostic test
    f-) ECU re-caliberation. I have no idea about it but I've read most people concerned about it. Last time one mechanic changed my car battery and my car started vibrating so bad because ECU got reset. Somehow after driving for 3-4 days this thing went away but I want to get it checked and tune it to optimum setting of my car.
    g-) Throttle body clean.

Its just I wanted to know the total cost before bumping into Toyota guys. I know it might be pain in the *** for you guys to write down the cost separately but it would help me out deciding which things to go for according to my budget. If i've left anything important to get checked please do let me know.

I've got many more questions but I think this post getting really long and boring for you guys so I'll ask about them later on. Thanks in advance.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by godsp3ll View Post
    I'm planning to visit Toyota Airport Motors for my next oil change. I just wanted to know what things i need to keep in mind before paying my visit to Toyota Airport Motors. As Faisal said that they're the best in town so I want to try that place. I've few questions about my Vitz I need to ask you guys.
    1- There is a "grh grh" sound between 50-60 Km/hr speed. Something like when you hear in a manual car when your RPM is very low. It never happened before or maybe rarely happened. But this time it started right after I visit PSO pump in Islamabad. It was constant throughout the ride for 3-4 days. Usually I use 2:1 (normal: HOC) ratio for vitz. But I read at many threads that you get some weird sound in vitz because of low octane level of fuel you're using. So I tried 50:50 ratio from the same pump. The problem kinda went away. I'm just worried that it might come back. So want to know the exact cause of this problem and make sure this doesn't happen again.
    2- When my car is idle there is a screeching sound coming underneath my car. It happens both on D and N mode. I happened to notice it most when there are walls on both side of my ride which increases the intensity of the sound and makes it easy to hear due to sound reflection (e.g., drive thru of Mc Donalds). I used to have belt screeching sound before but one mechanic tied some screws and it went away. Don't know he did the right thing or not but sound went away. Is it due to the belt?
    3- My car has crossed 40K mark on ODO now. So I want your advise what should be done in maintenance of the car. I bought my car a year back and ODO had 25K on it. I never got anything checked except changing engine oil, air filter and oil filter from a local mechanic. As I said before this is my first car. Didn't even know how to drive a car before that.
    4- I need to know the sum I'll be paying to Toyota Airport Motors for the
    a-) Engine Oil Change. I can buy original Toyota oil from the filter house faisal told about in his previous post.
    b-) Air Filter (Don't know where to buy from)
    c-) Oil Filter (I've read somewhere that it should be original like the engine oil. Made in Japan wala not the Thailand one.
    d-) Get CVT oil checked. I know from the faisal's post that if I need to change it then it might cost Rs. 5500 + 2500
    e-) Full diagnostic test
    f-) ECU re-caliberation. I have no idea about it but I've read most people concerned about it. Last time one mechanic changed my car battery and my car started vibrating so bad because ECU got reset. Somehow after driving for 3-4 days this thing went away but I want to get it checked and tune it to optimum setting of my car.
    g-) Throttle body clean.

Its just I wanted to know the total cost before bumping into Toyota guys. I know it might be pain in the *** for you guys to write down the cost separately but it would help me out deciding which things to go for according to my budget. If i've left anything important to get checked please do let me know.

I've got many more questions but I think this post getting really long and boring for you guys so I'll ask about them later on. Thanks in advance.
    1. That grh grh sound you are talking about is engine knocking. Thi happens because of bad fuel. Ch?nge your fuel station and you will be good. You dont need.high octane if the normal fuel is of good.quality. try to find some company operated fuel station of Caltex or Attock.
    2. That chrr chrr sound is from the spring bolts which are holding your silencer pipe. They get dry and start making noise. When you go to your mechanic, ask him to grease the aprings around the bolt and change their position like front bolts to the back and vice versa.
    3. After 40k, you should change the cvt oil. You already know the the cost. Get your brakes serviced. Front and back. Get your suapension and brakea performance checked. Airport motors have git a special equipment for that.
    They will charge you only 50rs for the oil change.
    Get the genuine air filter from filter house. Costs 1200. There is another one for 600rs. You can use any of them.
    Genuine oil filter is made is thailand not japan. Costs 800 from filter house. Dont buy the filters from Toyota as they charge a lot for them.
    Normallay Toyota charges 1000rs for Ecu diagnostic but make a deal with the mechanic. Give him 300rs and he will do it for you. What battery did you get? Make sure its 45mAh.
    Throtyle body cleaning costs 1500rs f om Toyota but again.. Deal with the mechanic and he will do it for you in just 500rs.
    There is a guy named Adnan there. He is a very good mechanic. Tell him about me and he will take good care of you. Call me on 03214215750 if you need more help or if you are a bit reluctant about making 'deal'. :p

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks a lot Faisal bhai. I will definitely give u call once I get back to Lahore In Sha'a Allah.
    1- well what about Shell? Is it trustworthy. I've read a lot of positive reviews about Attock station near Liberty. I've heard that if you don't use HOC in 1L vitz the CAT gets choked.
    2- I will get the spring bolt checked.
    3- should I get the CVT oil checked before getting it replaced. I mean to say is maybe there might not be a need of changing it right now. Or maybe it's a stupid question
    4- you said that they charge Rs. 50 for oil change. I'm assuming you meant Rs. 500, right?
    5- about the Thailand oil filter. It's genuine too. But there are 2 variants. Both are genuine. Check out this link.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/oil...-thailand-made
    6- Adnan guy works Airport motors? Deal thing sounds good to me.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Seems like faisal is one stop shop for all queries asked in this club.... :-) keep up the good work faisal bhai...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by godsp3ll View Post
    Thanks a lot Faisal bhai. I will definitely give u call once I get back to Lahore In Sha'a Allah.
    1- well what about Shell? Is it trustworthy. I've read a lot of positive reviews about Attock station near Liberty. I've heard that if you don't use HOC in 1L vitz the CAT gets choked.
    2- I will get the spring bolt checked.
    3- should I get the CVT oil checked before getting it replaced. I mean to say is maybe there might not be a need of changing it right now. Or maybe it's a stupid question
    4- you said that they charge Rs. 50 for oil change. I'm assuming you meant Rs. 500, right?
    5- about the Thailand oil filter. It's genuine too. But there are 2 variants. Both are genuine. Check out this link.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/oil...-thailand-made
    6- Adnan guy works Airport motors? Deal thing sounds good to me.
    Shell near Model town entrance is an excellent fuel station. Gives very nice average but the car knocks sometime. Caltex and Attock are good if you want to get rid of knocking. It happens when you are driving your car with extremely light foot. Its because Vitz needs 95 Octane fuel and our normal petrol is 87 as claimed by the companies and high octane is 95. No one can afford 100% high octane.. Just ignore it and when it happens, press the accelerator a bit more. Shell petrol is unleaded which is ideal for the cars with catalytic converter. Mixing 50% HOBC is a good thing. I get 1000rs HOBC when the reserve light is on and drive with heavy foot. Everything is fine so far.
    Manual says get the cvt oil inspected at 40k. It does not say to change it. Sometime the CVT oil can be used upto 80k as well. People change it just in case if the car is driven more then what the ODOmeter says. I got my cvt oil checked from toyota ravi and he said its fine. That time it was driven 36k. I got it changed at 52k and its colour was brown instead of red and was very thin. Get it inspected before you change it.
    I changed my engine oil from Toyota twice and they charged only 50rs. However the oil was bought from them. Not sure if they will charge more if you bring your own oil.
    I havent seen that filter anywhere for Vitz. Its just a paper filter without any black outer cover. And that brown filter goes into a container in your car. Both Toyota centres and filter house have Thailand made filter.
    Yes.. He works at Toyota Airport. Very competent and does not waste anytime.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ask4faizi View Post
    Seems like faisal is one stop shop for all queries asked in this club.... :-) keep up the good work faisal bhai...

Lol.. Thanks for the appreciation. Its just that i have been through all these problems myself and i love to share my experience. And most of the time, somehow i know the solutions..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Faisal bhai i am new to vitz, please elaborate ask versions and difference including Hana plus??

Sent from my LG-D802 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Faisal bhai, you are our expert for vitz. Plz keep it up.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by immi803 View Post
    Faisal bhai i am new to vitz, please elaborate ask versions and difference including Hana plus??

Sent from my LG-D802 using PW Forums mobile app
    There is no such trim as 'Hana Plus' in Vitz. It's for Passo. As for what I know, vitz Comes in F Package, FL package, jewela edition, and HID edition. F package is basic. FL package has some extra features like 4 PW, privacy glass, etc. Jewela edition comes with Chrome linings here and there, alloys (Most of the time). HID edition has HIDs. :p. I'm not sure but this is what a dealer told us.

Under the Coconut tree

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List