0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mortal View Post
    It is situated on the road going to barkat Chowk from Muhammad Ali Chowk?
    Or on the main road which is college road?

Sent from my LG-D802 using PW Forums mobile app
    Yes on Road Going to Barkat Chowk, Opposite Bismillah Store
    Never underEstimate anyone. Might be a charade has a v8 in his heart.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Yasirshafeeq View Post
    Dear Fellow,

Previously another guy has asked the same question, So discussing it again, THere is No Difference in vitz 2010 & 2012 in terms of Engine, Power train So, there is No Difference in Fuel Consumption. Coz both models have same Engine "1KR FE" in 1.0 L. Just the Body Shape, and interior is different in 2012. Fuel Consumption is Same.
    I got to drive a 3 rd Gen 50k driven Vitz, the car is alot smaller then the 2nd Gen and some how i found it to be more responsive maybe my 2nd Gen isnt responsive enough or the car i drove was better. But the 3rd Gen is definitely smaller in the front row

Althou on paper 2005-2010 is smaller, then 2010-2014

2005/2006 Dimensions
    Body size 3785 x 1695 x 15
    The size of the passenger compartment (LxWxH), mm 1855 x 1390 x 12
    Wheelbase mm 2460

2010-2014 Dimensions
    Body size 3885 x 1695 x 15
    The size of the passenger compartment (LxWxH), mm 1915 x 1390 x 12
    Wheelbase mm 2510
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ok, but There is no eco system installed in Vitz-2010, where as 2011~12 is with eco system. Am i right??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    I got to drive a 3 rd Gen 50k driven Vitz, the car is alot smaller then the 2nd Gen and some how i found it to be more responsive maybe my 2nd Gen isnt responsive enough or the car i drove was better. But the 3rd Gen is definitely smaller in the front row

2005/2006 Dimensions
    Wheelbase mm 2460

2010-2014 Dimensions
    Wheelbase mm 2510
    Ur info is good Bro, but Basically 2nd Gen is Bigger in sense of Passenger Compartment Floor to roof Height ratio, and Dashboard's Elegant style makes it looks more roomy than the 3rd Gen, Coz 3rd Gen has conventional Dashboard (Speedometer with Steering).
    Car u drove was more responsive B.coz it was produced later as compared to Previous Generation, So it is Considered that its Same Engine 1KRFE was more Fresh and less used as compared to 2nd Gen. Else theoretically Company has not changed the Engine in Vitz and Passo Generations recently.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tanoli16 View Post
    ok, but There is no eco system installed in Vitz-2010, where as 2011~12 is with eco system. Am i right??
    No Bro, There is Eco System(Smart Stop System) in Vitz 2010. But not in all versions/variants. U can Research it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys one common question being asked on this website about HIGH OCTANE.
    1- What is the standard RON recommended for Vitz 1.0L?
    2- What is octane level of petrol being sold to us? Both of premium and High Octane?
    3- I mix 2:1 ratio on every gas fill up. But does mixing actually causes mixing of the petrol and make the petrol octane level in between that of premium and high octane fuel or it stays separate creating a layer between them in the gas tank?
    4- If you use 75% high octane car takes longer sulf to start. Does longer sulf damages the car in the long run?

All of these questions are related to VITZ 1.0L.
    Thanks a lot!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ok its not 1 question but all of them are related to one topic.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by godsp3ll View Post
    Guys one common question being asked on this website about HIGH OCTANE.
    1- What is the standard RON recommended for Vitz 1.0L?
    2- What is octane level of petrol being sold to us? Both of premium and High Octane?
    3- I mix 2:1 ratio on every gas fill up. But does mixing actually causes mixing of the petrol and make the petrol octane level in between that of premium and high octane fuel or it stays separate creating a layer between them in the gas tank?
    4- If you use 75% high octane car takes longer sulf to start. Does longer sulf damages the car in the long run?

All of these questions are related to VITZ 1.0L.
    Thanks a lot!
    Other experts have given measurements about octane level previously, But I want to share one main thing that, 75% Octane does not make Self Start longer, There is an issue in throttle body, it needs cleansing, if Self takes longer to start. Or Check the Spark Plugs Condition, they needs cleaning or Replacement, if Self is longer. If u use more Hi Octane, the car starts even in lesser time then the Hi-Super.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Other experts have given measurements about octane level previously, But I want to share one main thing that, 75% Octane does not make Self Start longer, There is an issue in throttle body, it needs cleansing, if Self takes longer to start. Or Check the Spark Plugs Condition, they needs cleaning or Replacement, if Self is longer. If u use more Hi Octane, the car starts even in lesser time then the Hi-Super.
    Well I've tested it myself. If I use the Hi-super, the car takes considerably less time than when I use Hi-Octane. Some people have mentioned it that its harder to burn Hi-Octane as compared to Hi-Super. I got Throttle body and Spark Plugs checked and cleaned from Toyota Airport Motors yesterday. There is a huge difference of acceleration now because the Throttle body was dirty. But this wasn't an issue. As I already know for a fact that Hi-Octane needs higher temperature to ignite. But the main question is that vitz starts knocking on Low Octane as it requires considerably higher Octane level fuel to run at its optimum condition. If that is the case then why does it takes longer self start?
    I might be wrong but whenever I use Hi-Super, the car has no issue self starting in a second at all. Even when the ratio is 2:1 (i.e., 25% Hi Octane and 75% Hi-Super). The problem arises when the ratio is somewhat 1:1 or 25% Hi-Super and 75% Hi-Octane.
    My other question regarding car getting damaged by longer self starts might not be related to vitz only as every car does that. Does it damage the car in the long run?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well I've tested it myself. If I use the Hi-super, the car takes considerably less time than when I use Hi-Octane. Some people have mentioned it that its harder to burn Hi-Octane as compared to Hi-Super. I got Throttle body and Spark Plugs checked and cleaned from Toyota Airport Motors yesterday. There is a huge difference of acceleration now because the Throttle body was dirty. But this wasn't an issue. As I already know for a fact that Hi-Octane needs higher temperature to ignite. But the main question is that vitz starts knocking on Low Octane as it requires considerably higher Octane level fuel to run at its optimum condition. If that is the case then why does it takes longer self start?
    I might be wrong but whenever I use Hi-Super, the car has no issue self starting in a second at all. Even when the ratio is 2:1 (i.e., 25% Hi Octane and 75% Hi-Super). The problem arises when the ratio is somewhat 1:1 or 25% Hi-Super and 75% Hi-Octane.
    My other question regarding car getting damaged by longer self starts might not be related to vitz only as every car does that. Does it damage the car in the long run?
    Yes Longer Self Start, Damages the Car's Engine in the long run. And In short run Self can be burn out.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes Longer Self Start, Damages the Car's Engine in the long run. And In short run Self can be burn out.
    Aww man! didn't want to hear that. :/
    So that means I've to be careful about mixing two fuels. Ok! one more question. How many seconds exactly is considered a longer Self Start?
    Thanks for the reply Yasir

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aww man! didn't want to hear that. :/
    So that means I've to be careful about mixing two fuels. Ok! one more question. How many seconds exactly is considered a longer Self Start?
    Thanks for the reply Yasir
    It takes only one second to Self Start normally in my 2006 vitz and JDMS like mira move etc, even 2008 model coure. Means 2 to 3 Seconds are considered as longer Self Start. And the Self sound shows the condition itself. I dnt stopped u to mix fuels, May be the quality of fuel u filled in, was bad. We are discussing Not Fighting yara

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post

2005/2006 Dimensions
    Wheelbase mm 2460

2010-2014 Dimensions
    Wheelbase mm 2510
    However Toyota Japan claim 3rd Gen Vitz 1.3 litre more fuel efficient than 1.0 litre 1-Kr. Don't know which 1.3 litre engine they used.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Longer self is usually due to clogged fuel filter or weak fuel pump or any blockage in fuel lining. Hi Octane mixed in regular petrol increases the octane number of the fuel in the tank. It can in no way be the cause of longer start up.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aakbar View Post
    However Toyota Japan claim 3rd Gen Vitz 1.3 litre more fuel efficient than 1.0 litre 1-Kr. Don't know which 1.3 litre engine they used.
    They uses 2sz-fe for 2wd 1.3L vitz. U r right.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It takes only one second to Self Start normally in my 2006 vitz and JDMS like mira move etc, even 2008 model coure. Means 2 to 3 Seconds are considered as longer Self Start. And the Self sound shows the condition itself. I dnt stopped u to mix fuels, May be the quality of fuel u filled in, was bad. We are discussing Not Fighting yara
    No yaar! I'm too noob to fight
    this is my first car so I don't have an experience to relate to. Thats why I'm asking these stupid questions. On Hi-Super I get 1 sec or less self start. On pure Hi-Octane self start takes 2 seconds or more. I told that to Toyota guy and he was quite surprised about it. He said that these cars are made for Hi-Octane which I doubt that because we might have to use Hi-Octane because Japan local fuel must be better than ours and thats the only reason we have to use Hi-Octane. He also said Self start doesn't damage at all but I wasn't convinced about that.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No yaar! I'm too noob to fight
    this is my first car so I don't have an experience to relate to. Thats why I'm asking these stupid questions. On Hi-Super I get 1 sec or less self start. On pure Hi-Octane self start takes 2 seconds or more. I told that to Toyota guy and he was quite surprised about it. He said that these cars are made for Hi-Octane which I doubt that because we might have to use Hi-Octane because Japan local fuel must be better than ours and thats the only reason we have to use Hi-Octane. He also said Self start doesn't damage at all but I wasn't convinced about that.
    Ok Bro, for our info "ag3ntx" has cleared some reasons of longer self, that are satisfactory to me. But be relax about hi-octane, it never hurts Self Start issue. Choose Total Fuels from Johar Town or Barkat Market, etc. Zoom at MM Alam is also better for Hi Octane. Shell given me bad experiences always. Dnt know Y ??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok Bro, for our info "ag3ntx" has cleared some reasons of longer self, that are satisfactory to me. But be relax about hi-octane, it never hurts Self Start issue. Choose Total Fuels from Johar Town or Barkat Market, etc. Zoom at MM Alam is also better for Hi Octane. Shell given me bad experiences always. Dnt know Y ??
    Well I've been using Shell Pump in Cantt right next to Sherpao Bridge. Ok! I'll try my best to keep it 1:1 as it doesn't increases the self start.
    I would like you to read this one page only thread.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/eng...orning-problem

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well I've been using Shell Pump in Cantt right next to Sherpao Bridge. Ok! I'll try my best to keep it 1:1 as it doesn't increases the self start.
    I would like you to read this one page only thread.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/eng...orning-problem
    Yes Bro I have gone through it. THere are many reasons of longer self start. As thicker Engine Oil, Fuel pump, Air Filter, Spark plugs, etc etc
    Best of Luck

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes Bro I have gone through it. THere are many reasons of longer self start. As thicker Engine Oil, Fuel pump, Air Filter, Spark plugs, etc etc
    Best of Luck
    Well this time I'll try using Hi-Octane from the stations you've mentioned and see the difference. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List