0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@zeeshansyed
    Well, its too simple. open car bonut, open the filter case, bring it out,put it in a bucket full of water, add surf excel,wash,rinse and throw it into dust bin.
    otherwise, if u have a blower or some high air pressure device (like hair dryer,vaccume cleaner,air pump) u can use that as well. waise wat i do is that when i get my tyre pressures checked, i ask the guy to clean the filters as well. hay na mufta
    @all
    i have found a link to online manual for yaris 2007. i hope 2005,06 models can also take advantage. the size of the files is almost 300MB. i will try to post a link soon.
    finally, tell me how to attach a pic to my profile and how to set that nick that appears in the footer of each reply.
    byez.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@skullbox
    Shoaib Thanks for your co-operation and a very special thanks to your younger brother Awais (f).
    J.A.K LAW ASSOCIATES F-8 DISTRICT COURTS ISLAMABAD.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

got ZIC A from hyderi finally for 1100 (4ltrs) but also came across ZIC HIFLO which is supposed to be SL grade whereas ZIC A is SM Grade (whatever that means). HIFLO was 100 rupees cheaper than A and according to the retailer the only difference was in mialeage covered by 4 liters. experts please?

and btw, after new oil, oil filter air filer and service... baby is running like crazy. no pick issues anymore. i guess they were coz of the air filter only. 7 months of satisfaction so far.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hi ppl. i have been askin this question time and again in my own threat, but got no reply. so i m asking it here now. from where can i get fog lites for my platz 03?? the fog lites for vitz and platz are different i guess, so i m unable to find them in market generally. can anyone help me in this regard??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@sqahar
    For oils, more important is viscosity ratings. ZIC A is i think 5W20 and ZIC A+ is 5w30. so A+ is for hotter environments. i use it. below is a posting on yarisworld.com. hope will help pakwheelers.
    "The car calls for 5w30 whay would you use a 5w20, and shorten the life of your engine.
    Using a 10w thinner oil is only worth around a .02 mpg improvement. Car mfg are using a lighter oil to meet CAFE ( corporate average fuel economy ratings). A car manufacturer must get a average fuel milage rating for their entire auto line or they pay millions of dollars in penalties. As the engine gets hotter the oil thins, thinner oil has less internal friction, hence better mileage, but under fast driving and high rpm the thin oil layer can be spun away so you have metal to metal contact. More important than the brand of oil you use is the oils viscosity. If you really want a lighter oil find a 5w30 that is lighter at 100C, or a 5w20 that is heavier than others at 100c All oil spec sheets will show the visc at 40c and 100c compare brands and find the right oil but in my opinion a 0-20 or 5w20 is just too light if you plan on keeping the car beond the warrantee period"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all
    what's the market situation of vitz now-a-days? has it gone down, up or no change as compared to what it was about six months ago, i.e. very low.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salamz
    @mwaqar
    well, frankly speacking, i havnt visited mkt after my purchase. but according to my knowledge, prices r same. sale is ok. abt resale im not sure. generally, resale is not good. btw,y u asked for this info?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@salman

thanks for sharing info. actually, i want to have a sedan car, so was thinking if i can get my vitz sold for some reasonable amount. i have vitz auto model 2001 and got it in 2006 June.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mwaqar
    u r welcome. if u want to shift to PLATZ, i wont recomend that. other sedans r ok.
    @aLL
    yo men, petrol prices going to shoot this november. 1st november 2007 and it would expected to cross 60Rp/L. so all u with petrol get ur tanks full.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@salman
    can i please know why dont u recommend a platz ??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salman
    source of info?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi guys!

I got a problem here. I think my Vitz is consuming a lot of petrol. Got my Air filter checked, they said that a change was not needed so they cleaned it. Got Oil filter changed, got Havoline oil for my Vitz. They also checked the plugs and told me that they are not in a bad shape at all and that cleaning it should do the job and also told me to get BOSCHE plugs fitted in the car after a couple of months as they perform real good. Still, the average hasn't really been THAT impressive as some had said that it would deliver. Any ideas why?

Second, my keyless entry has been a nightmare so far. I mean it just doesn't work like it should. When I press the button from REAL CLOSE (as in sitting the car already or standing right next to the car and pointing it closer to the Dashboard) it works.

The red light at the Key does blink but the keyless entry system is not working properly. I changed the battery and got a new one but no change so far. Any help in these regards would be HIGHLY appreciated!

Thanks guys!
    z
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@zeeshan

I just changed the air filter and plugs (used denso as they were in there before) also changed the ATF as my car had done over 68000 km (original reading, meter untampered)and now I can really see the difference in mileage.

I have the same problem with my key nowadays, sometimes it works with the button sometimes it doesnt. So I made some duplicate keys, just in case. Although I've not changed the battery as yet.

How many kms has your vitz done? And from where did you get it checked?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

keyless entry of my vitz is also like pakistan cricket team... unpredictable.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@zeeshansyed
    seems to me that your catalytic converter is on its way out, better get it removed now if you han't already. also get your air flow sensor cleaned as well as your intake manifold.

@zeeshansyed & tyron_40
    also had the sme issue with my wifes car, but luckily for me a swap of batteries was the cure.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@CoolJamshed. You're most welcome brother

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank Storm.

@zeeshan

There's this guy at Prime Defence Motors who I spoke to. Seems a nice guy and was very helpful. They do the onboard diagnostics for Vitz too, so why dont u have ur car checked there. I'm sure the picture will be clearer then. If ur interested ill give u the contact details. Why dont u go to him and have ur car checked?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@waleed80
    well, in my assessment PLATZ's body is bigger for a 1000cc. so the power to mass ratio decreases resulting in lesser durability of the engine. however, if u use it for 2-3 persons, it should work fine. plz note that its just my personal assessment and i havent googled for any confirmations.
    @sqahar
    well heres a link regarding international oil price record rise. however, today theres a news dat prices will resume. in short, internationaly, there is an up n down situation in oil prices. howerver, i expect that Paki govt will raise the prices.
    im keeping my fingers crossed
    http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSSP21758220071026
    @zeeshansyed
    hmmmm.wat i think is dat sometimes v get too concerned abt milage. i hv heard ppl getting 15-17km/l. mine is 11-13. but i dont get frustrated. it doeasnt indicate anything if i have all lubricants ok,car serviced, properly well tuned... if this all is ok, then theres nothing u can do. its how ur engine can respond. so either accept it or change the engine.
    however, i will again say do chk if u r RIGHTLY CALCULATING the milage???
    ur tyre should not deviate from:
    155/80R 13"
    175/65R 14"
    185/55R 15"
    baqi ab kia batayeen bhai, zara aram se chala lo ek month, remove excessive weights. hope it should get fine. wish u best of luck (Y)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just check the millage of my vitz (its on petrol). 296 KM in 1260rs. It come out to be Rs.4.25 per KM, with 50% AC on and with in city driving.
    Race lani Jay ....:-)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tyrone_40: My car when I bought it was originally driven only 8700km. I know it's hard to believe but the expert denter/painter I had with me told me that even if the meter has been tempered, the engine sound has a huge difference (a good one) when you compare with the other cars they had in the showroom. The car I bought comes with a high price but he said that it's worth every single penny so I went for it. I am not sure if my meter has been tempered but the condition of the car speaks for itself. Not only me but my mechanic was like :| when he saw the car inside out.

My showroom guy sent me to this mechanic at Khalid bin waleed road (I didn't go to my denter, I wanted to try someone else too). His name is Wazir something. His garage is right next to a car showroom CAR COLLECTION right at the beginning of Khalid-bin-Waleed road. I am going to attach the pics of the plugs and air filter for expert's opinion. Wazir told me that the plugs need NOT to be changed and same goes for air filter. He just cleaned it and I also learned how to do it and cleaned it again when I came back home (I have a powerful air blower). He told me not to rinse it with any liquid and avoid water/solutions while cleaning Air Filters and only use a blower.

tyrone can you please tell me how much it costs to get an onboard diagnose test would cost me? Can you also pleaseeee tell me the cost of plugs, air filters and ATF? Where did you buy them from?

Here are the pics of plugs and air fliter BEFORE he cleaned/serviced it.

Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club - 29102007003kw6

@SQAHAR: LOL!! hahahahaha Well said bro!

@Storm: Hey dude! Thanks for the tips. Now if you could also please tell me how to get them cleaned? Is there any DIY? How long does the procedure take? Also what is an "intake manifold"?

The battery thing has not worked well for me! It's horrible!!

@Salman2k960: How do I check if my tyres fit the details you gave me i.e. 155/80R 13" -- 175/65R 14" -- 185/55R 15"

I am driving the car REAL SLOW. I mean I do not pass 50km all that often. Do you think that could be one of the reasons for low mileage? When the car is standing still, I do not push the pedal hard. I accelerate it slowly and the car gains momentum pretty easy. Could this be a problem?

After changing oil, the car is running pretty smoothly though but not a huge difference in mileage!

Thank you allll for all your help! Thanks a lot
    Zee
    -

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List