0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mbkhan
    oooooops
    Ok, no issues, here:
    1. Catalytic Converter: it is like another DHOLKEE in the exhaust system, the welders doing the silencer works will remove whole exhaust body + pipe from the car and will take the CAT out. Now you might ask why it is used, much has been said about it in different forums, dig the info out.
    2. Throttle Body=Carburetter in the language of our mechanics. It is where the fuel goes after air is mixed in fuel.
    3. MAF Sensor=Mass Air Flow Sensor, telling the car how much oxygen is going in the air-fuel mixer
    4. O2 Sensor, this is oxygen sensor again placed at the beginning of the silencer pipe, telling the engine how much air-fuel mixer is comnig out of the pistons without being combusted/burnt, hence telling CPU to reduce/increase the air-fuel mixture and their respective proportions.

Hope it helps, else if you want to read essays (which I actually encourage people to), www.google.com is the name
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mbkhan

That is normal for the blue engine light to be on. That goes off when the engine heats up a bit.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks man
    i am a novice i just started off
    I do not have any problem wid fuel avg. my car is giving mashallah 14-15 km/l with AC. do i still need to do all that ??

and secondly the green temp light at startup is it normal?? should i get the plugs, airfilter and fuel filter changed or leave it as it is . also recommend me a really good machenic for vitz 2006 in khi. thanks for all ur help dear

cheerz

s90
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i hav Q to all vitz owners...........how's ur cars going and any prob in it and wht abt spare parts?

and wht will happen in event of major accident?
    Not to be absolutely certain is, I think, one of the essential things in rationality. - Bertrand Russell

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mbkhan

Like i mentioned above greenish / bluish light will go off once engine warms up to an acceptable temperature.

@s90
    Go through this post and you will get all your answers.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

for the greenish blue light - someone told me that the coolant needs to be replaced as it has gone old. i found complete service history and the last oil change was done on 17000 kms now it is 19500 and the next oil change is due on 22000 as per service record. what do u think should i change the oil the last oil change was done on 15-03-2006 ??
    It has almost new tyres even the grooves pins are visable on the sides of the tyres. should i change them the same someone said that if the car is standing for two years the tyres become dangerous to drive....

whare can i find good rims for Vitz please tell me

cheerz

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mbkhan

For peace of mind, change the engine oil, filter and relax. Rest should be fine. 15.3.2006 seems like a long time. Are u sure its not 2007 but that too is a long time.

If the tyres are fine then dont change them unnecessarily.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There has been a long discussion abt the oil but not final resolution please reccomend a oil ! sorry for getting on ur nurver but i cant help it

thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well if u search and also go through this post there have been various debates on using different oils, synthetic vs semi synthetic and other brands.

I've just used the normal Shell (Yellow Can) and no problems. Car is running fine. Just make sure you buy the oil from a reliable place.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Why did toyota replace the 4-cylinder 1.0L VVT-i engine found in the 99-04 vitz with a 3-cylinder 1.0L VVT-i in the 2nd generation (05 and onwards) vitz. The 1.3l and 1.5l versions still have 4-cylinders.
    The word politics is derived from the word poly meaning, many & the word ticks,meaning blood sucking parasites

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@s90
    so far we're all happy, parts are reasonably priced, service parts are now openly available. as mentioned earlier i've had to replace the back bumper of my car as some muppet hit the back and bent it. it could have been repaired as it wasn't a major hit, but i believe it woudln't have been 100% so i made him pay for a new one which was available in both pindi and toyota abppara.

@bluntknife
    i had a detailed talk with a friend about this and the conclusion we came to was that it probably had alot to do with:
    1. production cost
    2. efficiency (less moving parts, less energy lost in each combustion cycle)
    3. technological advances since 1999
    4. improved fuel grades available in the rest of the world.
    5. better tradeoff between balancing a 3cyl and (semi)smoothness of a 4cyl.
    6. possible loopholes in japanese laws for 3 cyl engined cars.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salamz
    Today i got my sonu made up. installed new windscreen, new poshish,matts,steering cover,perfume,a little dentiing job, a total of 14000 teeka.
    Montgomery road is full of "jeera blades". so plz always try to go with a reference. i went there witha reference and the job "appears" cool. lets c if it proves as well.
    Finally, if any body want a good poshish or other decoration stuff, windscreen etc etc...i.e exterioir only... can contact Mr. Sardar at this number : 03224809831. just give my reference "SALMAN SHAH from FFC". hope they will entertain u.
    n btw, i hv heard musharaf sb has announced emergency. so greetings to all Pakistanis.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Strom
    Excellent analysis

@Salman2k
    Congrats, where are the pics man?
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all

help me tooooo

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Storm

my vitz is consuming a lot of petrol these day,mecchanic advice me to change the fuel filter & remove the catalytic converter of the car. I m going to remove catalytic converter,should i change the fuel filter of the car too????

and my front right suspension is leaked , my car hit the ditch at night at the speed of 60km/hr

from where u bought suspension for your vitz and wht is the price of a pair of front suspension??

Can i hav ur cell phone number
    i want to talk u in detail

@all

is there any better shop here in lahore from where i can remove my Catalytic converter??

help needed

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@speed_manan
    i have not changed my fuel filter yet as last time it was ok, but it is now time for it to be changed for sure. i spoke to skullbox a while back and he had just changed his and he said the difference was quite a bit in terms of performance (not too sure as to how it will effect economy though). also my catalytic converter seems to be dead too so i'll have to remove it and replace it with a resonator of some sort to keep the noise level down.

i got my suspension from KHI through alta, as for the prices, not too sure anymore but i think it was 15-16000 for 4 shocks and new brake pads for all corners. check older posts in this thread.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Salman2K

Aap ne seating kaisi karwai hai i mean tight seating or loose one?aur material konsa use kiya hai aur second chiz meri white vitz hai compound n polish 2 karwai hai per shining nahe hai wat to do?aur seating kitne ki karwai?
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salamz
    @cache
    i did take few pics but dont have enuff time to post. actually, im an IT professional and u must be knowing how busy one is at the year end(targets jo pooray karnay hain boss. anyways, will post them soon.
    @speed_manan
    well,sad to hear abt the hit. for spare genuine spare parts u can contact RAVI MOTORS LAHORE(042-5426961).
    @DreamGirl
    yes i have opted for tight fitting. there were three type of leatheride. i opted for something called...burnish or ..i forgot the terminology. it costed around 3k.
    As far as shine is concerned, u have made a mistake. compound destroys metallic colors. it gives temporary shine but then vanishes. always use wax n polish(toyota genuine recomended). further, only use some soft cloth to clean ur car. finaly, use a damp cloth. I have recently bought a new wax *** polish. i will let u ppl now its results once i use it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

for those of you who feel your headlights are a bit dull, my advice is to hit them with some polish and ALOT of elbow grease (strength). here are the results:

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -780884

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -780885

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm

Wow! Thats neat. Your car headlights look brand new .

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List