0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mohammadalee View Post
    @ Yasir- Alright-- I am noting all these things. I will try to get the technical ones done from Toyota centre. Please also tell me what does brake servicing includes, specifically for ABS Brakes.
    omer.s- I got rear shocks for vitz 07 for around 7k genuine or close to genuine. 04 should cost less than these and kabli ones cost less than genuine so plz make an educated guess.
    Brake Servicing: Check Front Brake Leathers, if they are well, then ok. If they are finished, then get only TOYOTA genuine ones, but not from 3S, they will charge double price, I got them from a trusted private shop three months back for Rs. 5,000 (Toyota 3S demanded Rs. 10K). Genuine Front brake leathers have copper granules (golden color) in it. Then check Handbrake Shoe, i.e. Rear brake shoes, Normally they are fine but if required get new ones for around Rs. 2,600-3,000. Hand brake adjustment will be fine When ur handbrake locks in lower position. If u apply handbrake and it comes upward more than 45 degrees then it needs adjustment.
    Never underEstimate anyone. Might be a charade has a v8 in his heart.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Yasirshafeeq View Post
    With normal/Standard size oil filter, 3.25 Ltr
    Thanks sir

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Marschall View Post
    anybody interested in buying this vitz 1300 for 16lac???
    Which year of registration and production plus import.. and which city

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Yasirshafeeq View Post
    Brake Servicing: Check Front Brake Leathers, if they are well, then ok. If they are finished, then get only TOYOTA genuine ones, but not from 3S, they will charge double price, I got them from a trusted private shop three months back for Rs. 5,000 (Toyota 3S demanded Rs. 10K). Genuine Front brake leathers have copper granules (golden color) in it. Then check Handbrake Shoe, i.e. Rear brake shoes, Normally they are fine but if required get new ones for around Rs. 2,600-3,000. Hand brake adjustment will be fine When ur handbrake locks in lower position. If u apply handbrake and it comes upward more than 45 degrees then it needs adjustment.
    By brake leather do you mean brake pads? the one with little granules on it?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

By brake leather do you mean brake pads? the one with little granules on it?
    Yes i mentioned that

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Marschall View Post
    anybody interested in buying this vitz 1300 for 16lac???
    Bro, plz describe the purpose and function of both Buttons on the Handbrake panel.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nawan885 View Post
    Which year of registration and production plus import.. and which city
    unreg 2012 model Lahore
    "Stand by your glasses steady and drink to your comrade's eyes.
    Here's a toast to the dead already and hurrah for the next to die."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello Yasir bhai. How are you? I sent you a private mesage. Did you get it?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for detailed reply. I have noted these things and I will make sure to get them done. Anyway, I got the rear shocks changed recently so I am not expecting the shock to have gone bad within months. Can you tell me any sign of bad/poor engine belt? and Toyota guys will give me a bill of 20-25k with all those things done
    No problem bro. The signs of bad belt are the cracks, closely check the belt, if you see the cracks then replace it and also your car will make chirr chirr noises if the belt is too weak.
    If you buy parts from outside then they don't charge that much for installing.
    Lastly the noise is then of loose Brake calipers or bushes.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waleed96 View Post
    InshAllah, Me and my father will be starting our hunt for a Vitz at the end of May or June, really excited. Wish us luck!
    Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1432771222.955090.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  98.5 KB
    My vitz for sale in LHR

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

AOA, i need toyota vitz 2011's user manual, kindly share it. Thanks

faizan_cat46@hotmail.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faisal.imtiaz.16 View Post
    Hello Yasir bhai. How are you? I sent you a private mesage. Did you get it?
    Yes, Me fine, What about you. I have replied Bro.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Meguair Quick Detailer

Just used the product as test on one side and I must I am thoroughly impressed. Not sure if the clarity can be seen in pics or not-- Ill will try to take pics with DSLR next time

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1579612Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1579613Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1579614

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello everyone. just bought a 07 vitz 1.0 cvt and I noticed a couple of things which are bothering me.

1) the car on normal driving stays very quite. however, upon sudden acceleration, I can hear the exhaust start sounding like a scooter. Took the car to the exhaust guys and they couldn't find any holes or cracks, the exhaust is still stock and no part of it has been changed. However they told me I am missing the catback mesh. Could that be the reason for the loud exhaust sound under acceleration?

2) this is my first cvt car. So im not sure if the car should be doing this or not. when i brake to slow down for a breaker, checkpoint or whatever, i feel the car downshift and stay in one gear till nearly the end untill the last moment just before i go dead slow. at this point the car engages 1st with a jerkish movement. is this normal with a cvt? the upshifts are seamless. even under suden acceleration, the car downsifts without any jerks. I've changed the cvt oil but that hasnt helped in anyway. Just wondering.

3) when in motion if i let go of the throttle, just before the car shifts down in a lower gear, and I hit the throttle again, I hear a rattling sound coming from the engine. "krrrrrr krrrrrrrrrr". A little speed catchup and the sound is gone. this happens when the rpm drops too low in a specific gear and when i hit the throttle, it starts to accelerate in the same gear rather then downshifting. This scenario would happen in a manual car when you are driving in a high gear at very low speed and the car kinda rattles and you have to downshift to gain motion.

I've looked for any loose components in the engine bay but nothing seems to be loose. I thought it could be the exhaust since I read a similar review of a member who had the same type of symptoms in his camery and it turned out to be the manifold inlet.
    My 1985 Mercedes Benz W201 190D (DIY's, Detailing and Photo-shoots)
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/207432-my-mercedes-c-class-w201

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@devils_smile

1) noise occurs when the cat converter mesh is punctured by our ustaad mechs. Some vitz Wheelers have installed an extra 'dholki' between cat & rear 'dholki' to get the sound back to normal again.
    2) I don't think this should be happening, but others will confirm. Are you sure you're driving in 'D'? When you got CVT fluid changed did they open the gearbox chamber from below and check the filter/screen inside? It could be clogged up and 'might' be contributing to this. Also, make sure you have the right oil. More investigation needed imo.
    3) The 'krrrr krrrr' is pre-detonation/knocking/pinging. Happens when there is a high load condition and fuel detonates. Try using hi-octane, but I'm thinking it will still happen because your CVT's downshifting is sorta...unique.

What to do?
    1) Check if the oil replaced was really CVT oil?
    2) Check if they visually inspected the inner oil screen in the gearbox?
    3) Do an ecu scan. Do not the long & short fuel trims. Also, try to get the O2 sensor output trace to see if its sluggish. Some users report a sluggish O2 causing the pinging issues.
    4) If vitz uses an MAF sensor, that is surely dirty and needs cleaning *the right way*. Also I would go for a throttle-body service *the right way*.

Diagnose before going on a parts replacement spree.
    Selling Vitz+local cars - compatible bluetooth Ecu Scantool, High-amp car chargers, Apple-certified Lightning Cables, etc. Click on my name and see my started threads for details.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahsanonline View Post
    @devils_smile

1) noise occurs when the cat converter mesh is punctured by our ustaad mechs. Some vitz Wheelers have installed an extra 'dholki' between cat & rear 'dholki' to get the sound back to normal again.
    2) I don't think this should be happening, but others will confirm. Are you sure you're driving in 'D'? When you got CVT fluid changed did they open the gearbox chamber from below and check the filter/screen inside? It could be clogged up and 'might' be contributing to this. Also, make sure you have the right oil. More investigation needed imo.
    3) The 'krrrr krrrr' is pre-detonation/knocking/pinging. Happens when there is a high load condition and fuel detonates. Try using hi-octane, but I'm thinking it will still happen because your CVT's downshifting is sorta...unique.

What to do?
    1) Check if the oil replaced was really CVT oil?
    2) Check if they visually inspected the inner oil screen in the gearbox?
    3) Do an ecu scan. Do not the long & short fuel trims. Also, try to get the O2 sensor output trace to see if its sluggish. Some users report a sluggish O2 causing the pinging issues.
    4) If vitz uses an MAF sensor, that is surely dirty and needs cleaning *the right way*. Also I would go for a throttle-body service *the right way*.

Diagnose before going on a parts replacement spree.
    So i should install the cat-back. I was quoted a price of 2500-3000 from shoba. If that dsnt work, i might go for the second "dholki"

I read some threads on the honda, toyota and nissan forums and alot of people complain of this jerking issue when decelerating. Most have claimed that a ecu reset helped.

I changed the oil with genuine toyota cvt oil (silver canister). I dont know about the inspection but should i take the car to the stealership and ask them to test drive the car. Honestly toyota dealerships are a PITA and they will charge you a thousands for even looking at your car.

The ecu scan will be done by the dealership correct? I cleaned the o2 sensor on the intake manifold but havnt checked the one thats connected at the base of the exhaust under the engine.

Its a 1kr-fe. where do i check for the maf sensor? The throttle body was cleaned a few days ago. It was taken out when I was replacing all the filters and cleaned.

Are there any members in peshawar who are experts and can check my car out? that would be great tbh.
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/207432-my-mercedes-c-class-w201

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just used the product as test on one side and I must I am thoroughly impressed. Not sure if the clarity can be seen in pics or not-- Ill will try to take pics with DSLR next time

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1579612Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1579613Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1579614
    Bro. change or remove ur vitz exhaust / silencer cover. Rust is decreasing the grace of ur Black Bison.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devils_smile View Post
    So i should install the cat-back. I was quoted a price of 2500-3000 from shoba. If that dsnt work, i might go for the second "dholki"

I read some threads on the honda, toyota and nissan forums and alot of people complain of this jerking issue when decelerating. Most have claimed that a ecu reset helped.

I changed the oil with genuine toyota cvt oil (silver canister). I dont know about the inspection but should i take the car to the stealership and ask them to test drive the car. Honestly toyota dealerships are a PITA and they will charge you a thousands for even looking at your car.

The ecu scan will be done by the dealership correct? I cleaned the o2 sensor on the intake manifold but havnt checked the one thats connected at the base of the exhaust under the engine.

Its a 1kr-fe. where do i check for the maf sensor? The throttle body was cleaned a few days ago. It was taken out when I was replacing all the filters and cleaned.

Are there any members in Peshawar who are experts and can check my car out? that would be great tbh.
    Bro i will suggest Nawab Ustaad. Trust me he is really well know mechanic for JDM. He can scan your car sensors, as he do possess the necessary tools. Apart from that, i can offer my car for test drive for comparison, whenever you want. Please don't waste your hard earn money on 3s.

Regarding the noise, i will suggest, if you can get hold of silencer from shoba.. that will be more suitable, rather than adding another box.

You do have my number, if you need any help regarding visiting Nawab Ustaad, as i know him very well, call or text me.

Cheers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Uashah007 View Post
    Bro i will suggest Nawab Ustaad. Trust me he is really well know mechanic for JDM. He can scan your car sensors, as he do possess the necessary tools. Apart from that, i can offer my car for test drive for comparison, whenever you want. Please don't waste your hard earn money on 3s.

Regarding the noise, i will suggest, if you can get hold of silencer from shoba.. that will be more suitable, rather than adding another box.

You do have my number, if you need any help regarding visiting Nawab Ustaad, as i know him very well, call or text me.

Cheers
    hello usman, please let me know where nawab ustad sits. i guess tomorrow is a holiday so i can give your car a test drive on sunday (if you are free) u can also have a look at my car and see what I am complaining about.

I do have your number. will call you 2moro IA. Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devils_smile View Post
    hello usman, please let me know where nawab ustad sits. i guess tomorrow is a holiday so i can give your car a test drive on sunday (if you are free) u can also have a look at my car and see what I am complaining about.

I do have your number. will call you 2moro IA. Thanks
    His Garage is behind Usmania Restaurant at University road. Street adjacent to usmania restaurant is the entrance.His workshop is at the end of this street.

Most welcome bro. any time

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List