0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have a question.
    Recently I've noticed that the engine oil drops to a certain level in 1-2 week after engine oil change and then maintains that level. What can cause that? If there is a leakage then it should consistently drop a certain level after some period of time. It goes below from 100% (hitting max line) to 75%. The engine oil gets darker with time too. Is that normal?

Thanks!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by godsp3ll View Post
    I have a question.
    Recently I've noticed that the engine oil drops to a certain level in 1-2 week after engine oil change and then maintains that level. What can cause that? If there is a leakage then it should consistently drop a certain level after some period of time. It goes below from 100% (hitting max line) to 75%. The engine oil gets darker with time too. Is that normal?

Thanks!
    Darker colour with the passage of Oil usage is normal. But Quantity gets lower is not OK. U can Consult with Makki oil change store, They are expert in their field and will guide u better.
    Never underEstimate anyone. Might be a charade has a v8 in his heart.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Yasirshafeeq View Post
    Darker colour with the passage of Oil usage is normal. But Quantity gets lower is not OK. U can Consult with Makki oil change store, They are expert in their field and will guide u better.
    yeah but the engine oil level is supposed to keep decreasing. It settles at 75% and doesn't go down further until the next oil change.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default vitz 2008 U

hello every one hope u ppl are doing great ...i recently bought vitz 2008 and i want an english manual is it possible to obtain one in peshawar?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I bought a 2012 vitz, Changed the front disc pads but they're still making the scrapping sounds, any help ?
    When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Cr33D View Post
    I bought a 2012 vitz, Changed the front disc pads but they're still making the scrapping sounds, any help ?
    Brakes ko tool lagao. Go to Toyota 3s and they will do it for you.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have a question.

Thanks!
    How much oil are you pouring in? I had this issue when I poured 3L in my Vitz. It was my first oil change and I had to trust the Mechanic. Pouring 3.2-3.3 since then and never faced oil reduction issue from my 12 years old car
    Under the Coconut tree

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Y u changed Disc Pads, u should go to a good mechanic, Original Pads when new, they make little sound when applied lightly, I f u press it with a little more pressure, it will not make sound. The sound is due to golden grains of copper in it. But get opinion from a good mechanic.
    When the pad will be used more than 1000 kms, this sound will be vanished, if discs are normal.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Y u changed Disc Pads, u should go to a good mechanic, Original Pads when new, they make little sound when applied lightly, I f u press it with a little more pressure, it will not make sound. The sound is due to golden grains of copper in it. But get opinion from a good mechanic.
    When the pad will be used more than 1000 kms, this sound will be vanished, if discs are normal.
    The old ones were rotten out i guess, i bought the original pads though the pads that fitted in vitz 2012 are of prius. Mostly the sound comes when turning the car.
    Also i need opinion on which oil should i use ? i am thinking of liqui moli 5w30
    Also which tires are best in 165 size.
    When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The old ones were rotten out i guess, i bought the original pads though the pads that fitted in vitz 2012 are of prius. Mostly the sound comes when turning the car.
    Also i need opinion on which oil should i use ? i am thinking of liqui moli 5w30
    Also which tires are best in 165 size.
    If u get original liquimoly then nothing like that, but chances are high that imported brands are faked here, So i suggest Total Quartz 9000 5W 30. But if Liqui moly or mobil 1 is original then opt for that. If sound comes on turning then must check to a good mechanic. Not theif mechanics.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Describe sound in more detail, and under what conditions does it come, how does it increase/decrease with speed and braking/releasing brake?
    Selling Vitz+local cars - compatible bluetooth Ecu Scantool, High-amp car chargers, Apple-certified Lightning Cables, etc. Click on my name and see my started threads for details.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahsanonline View Post
    Describe sound in more detail, and under what conditions does it come, how does it increase/decrease with speed and braking/releasing brake?
    The scrapping sound like something is hitting with discs, braking makes that sound go away and also if it matters, i noticed the sound usually comes when im going down the steep. Toyoto 3s is 2 mins drive from my house but i don't like their attitude and the way they charge money for simple things is just absurd.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If u get original liquimoly then nothing like that, but chances are high that imported brands are faked here, So i suggest Total Quartz 9000 5W 30. But if Liqui moly or mobil 1 is original then opt for that. If sound comes on turning then must check to a good mechanic. Not theif mechanics.
    Thanks, will get the liqui moly, here in rwp/isb there are official distributors of liqui moli, which tyres do you recommend, im thinking of getting dunlop.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks, will get the liqui moly, here in rwp/isb there are official distributors of liqui moli, which tyres do you recommend, im thinking of getting dunlop.
    Dunlop, Yokohama and Bridgestone are equally good, But keep in mind that u must choose threaded tyres, Not steel belted. Bcoz steel belted damages the suspension and increases the Road noise, and looses the comfort drive. I am using GT Radials from 1.5 years, I am very satisfied with this brand also. Threaded tyres are soft. Yokohama are more soft than Dunlop.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by LIANARULES View Post
    How much oil are you pouring in? I had this issue when I poured 3L in my Vitz. It was my first oil change and I had to trust the Mechanic. Pouring 3.2-3.3 since then and never faced oil reduction issue from my 12 years old car
    Thanks! I'll look into it as I didn't ask Toyota Airport people how much oil they are pouring in.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by LIANARULES View Post
    Can you suggest me a good place to buy Engine Oils in Lahore? I've been buying Toyota Tin pack Japanese engine oil 5W30 for the last 3 oil change from Toyota Airport and I find it to be quite expensive, given the fact that you can buy so much good engine oil near Rs.5K.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I ask the shop guy and he told me Yokohama isn't available in 165 size, true?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can you suggest me a good place to buy Engine Oils in Lahore? I've been buying Toyota Tin pack Japanese engine oil 5W30 for the last 3 oil change from Toyota Airport and I find it to be quite expensive, given the fact that you can buy so much good engine oil near Rs.5K.
    Filter house

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by omer.s View Post
    Filter house
    I went to Filter House near DHA, Lahore and they didn't have many options in 5W-30 range. In fact, they kept stressing on some Malaysian or Korean brand in 5W-30 range.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I went to Filter House near DHA, Lahore and they didn't have many options in 5W-30 range. In fact, they kept stressing on some Malaysian or Korean brand in 5W-30 range.
    Kixx in 5w30 is good , in other brands you have shell , total and liquimoly.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List