Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 543 of 605 FirstFirst ... 43443493533541542543544545553593 ... LastLast
Results 10,841 to 10,860 of 12089
Like Tree1580Likes

Thread: Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    obz3ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dubai
    Age
    40
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

    The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

  2. #10841
    Newbie Follow
    ghulam.rabbani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Hi guys, sold my civic recently and am buying a vitz 2012. Would be owning a vitz for the first time.

    First noob question .. Any idea if it is OBDII complaint?

  3. #10842
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Nabeel_Ali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,509
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghulam.rabbani View Post
    Hi guys, sold my civic recently and am buying a vitz 2012. Would be owning a vitz for the first time.

    First noob question .. Any idea if it is OBDII complaint?
    Yes. Even first gen vitz was.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

  4. #10843
    PakWheeler Follow
    haseebsattar798's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

  5. #10844
    PakWheeler Follow
    faisal.imtiaz.16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    300
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yasirshafeeq View Post
    Dear faisal.imitiaz.16
    Good to see u back.
    I think you are on Eid Holidays.
    Nice to see you too. No Yasir bhai. Still in UK. Was free and going through the posts and replied.
    You say.. hows everything?

  6. #10845
    PakWheeler Follow
    Yasirshafeeq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    373
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faisal.imtiaz.16 View Post
    Nice to see you too. No Yasir bhai. Still in UK. Was free and going through the posts and replied.
    You say.. hows everything?
    All is well Bro.
    God Bless U. When u come back, we will have a meeting InshAllah.
    Never underEstimate anyone. Might be a charade has a v8 in his heart.

  7. #10846
    PakWheeler Follow
    godsp3ll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    126
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nabeel_Ali View Post
    Yes. Even first gen vitz was.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Well I bought one the wifi one for my iPhone. It isn't working for me...don't know how to get it work.

  8. #10847
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahsanonline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    86
    Posts
    2,295
    Follows
    3
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghulam.rabbani View Post
    Hi guys, sold my civic recently and am buying a vitz 2012. Would be owning a vitz for the first time.

    First noob question .. Any idea if it is OBDII complaint?
    Tested a device on the 08 vitz 1.0
    Worked.
    Selling Vitz+local cars - compatible bluetooth Ecu Scantool, High-amp car chargers, Apple-certified Lightning Cables, etc. Click on my name and see my started threads for details.

  9. #10848
    PakWheeler Follow
    faisal.imtiaz.16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    300
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yasirshafeeq View Post
    All is well Bro.
    God Bless U. When u come back, we will have a meeting InshAllah.
    I will be back in Feb or March INSHALLAH.

  10. #10849
    PakWheeler Follow
    wajahat_sultan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I have Vitz 1000cc 2005 model registered 2009
    Please tell which Engine oil is best and how much 3L or 4L and when to change it.?
    Thanks

  11. #10850
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    salmanrasheedpsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    1,709
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wajahat_sultan View Post
    I have Vitz 1000cc 2005 model registered 2009
    Please tell which Engine oil is best and how much 3L or 4L and when to change it.?
    Thanks
    0w-20 or 5w-40 fully synthetic 3.25 liters

  12. #10851
    PakWheeler Follow
    Yasirshafeeq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    373
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wajahat_sultan View Post
    I have Vitz 1000cc 2005 model registered 2009
    Please tell which Engine oil is best and how much 3L or 4L and when to change it.?
    Thanks
    5W-30 Recommended By Company. If ODO is Less THan 100,000 Kms. Else 10W-30. Quantity Required is 3.25 L.
    Never underEstimate anyone. Might be a charade has a v8 in his heart.

  13. #10852
    PakWheeler Follow
    tallalkn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by n0mi_89 View Post
    i think fuel consumption is good and auto tranny does have less mileage than manual IMO
    Mine gives 9 kms/ltr in karachi's traffic jams and On ODOmetre it's just 20k kilometres

    2) auto trannies have less pick up dunno y :/ that's y i usually drive on S rather than D and B

    3) dont get spacers cux it will decrease ur grip or whatever...i've installed 15" rims and 195/55 tyres & yuh can go for 195/60 or 195/65 and there is no rubbing or scratching down on the famous paki's breathtaking speadbreakers





    Spacers = Gutkay right?

  14. #10853
    PakWheeler Follow
    naeemikram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Hello all experienced PWheelerz!
    Need help!
    I own a vitz 2005, 80k on da odo...just bought a month ago...over the time I have been facing following problems in my ride:

    1. The previous owner told me dat he installed AC compressor of a corolla in it because the old one stopped working. Now...the cooling is fairly good but I noticed that after driving with AC on around 15 to 20km the car looses its pick or I have to press the accelerator down to the metal...seems like the vehicle is getting hot but no sign on the cluster!

    2. After driving 10 to 15 km the steering gets a bit hard on bit higher speed I mean 30 to 40km/hr...the return rotation also needs some effort. Feels like it gets stuck and after applying a little force it suddenly responds. On a turn if the speed is around 30km the steering wouldn't get straight or back to normal position unless force is applied. After giving vehicle some rest and the vehicle is cold it would behave normal and again.

    3. Smell of petrol in the room...after driving and then parking

    4. Average calculated so far is 10 to 12 with AC on around 70% of the time.

    It's 1.0 B...got oil, filter changed, calibration done!
    It's also noticed that front wheel bearings have also gone bad and produce sound on bumps (as speculated by mechanic)

    Need ur valuable suggestions please


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  15. #10854
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    salmanrasheedpsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    1,709
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by naeemikram View Post
    Hello all experienced PWheelerz!
    Need help!
    I own a vitz 2005, 80k on da odo...just bought a month ago...over the time I have been facing following problems in my ride:

    1. The previous owner told me dat he installed AC compressor of a corolla in it because the old one stopped working. Now...the cooling is fairly good but I noticed that after driving with AC on around 15 to 20km the car looses its pick or I have to press the accelerator down to the metal...seems like the vehicle is getting hot but no sign on the cluster!

    2. After driving 10 to 15 km the steering gets a bit hard on bit higher speed I mean 30 to 40km/hr...the return rotation also needs some effort. Feels like it gets stuck and after applying a little force it suddenly responds. On a turn if the speed is around 30km the steering wouldn't get straight or back to normal position unless force is applied. After giving vehicle some rest and the vehicle is cold it would behave normal and again.

    3. Smell of petrol in the room...after driving and then parking

    4. Average calculated so far is 10 to 12 with AC on around 70% of the time.

    It's 1.0 B...got oil, filter changed, calibration done!
    It's also noticed that front wheel bearings have also gone bad and produce sound on bumps (as speculated by mechanic)

    Need ur valuable suggestions please


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Dat slowing down part , change cvt oil , i guess ur gear is heating up

    Consumption is fine
    Steering has an adjust ask an electrition he will adjust its softness for u

    Bearings make noise at speeds not on bumps i guess

  16. #10855
    PakWheeler Follow
    naeemikram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salmanrasheedpsh View Post
    Dat slowing down part , change cvt oil , i guess ur gear is heating up

    Consumption is fine
    Steering has an adjust ask an electrition he will adjust its softness for u

    Bearings make noise at speeds not on bumps i guess
    Thnx 4 the reply man!

    I asked the oil change guy to inspect the transmission oil...he said its fine
    Will ask anyone else to check it again!
    Don't u thnk the load on engine increased due to compressor change and eventually causes low acceleration??
    Is it okay to install GLI compressor in vitz?
    Is there no compatibility issue in ecu and sensor based vehicles?




    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  17. #10856
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    salmanrasheedpsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    1,709
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by naeemikram View Post
    Thnx 4 the reply man!

    I asked the oil change guy to inspect the transmission oil...he said its fine
    Will ask anyone else to check it again!
    Don't u thnk the load on engine increased due to compressor change and eventually causes low acceleration??
    Is it okay to install GLI compressor in vitz?
    Is there no compatibility issue in ecu and sensor based vehicles?




    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    I also have installed corolla compressor in my vitz ,
    Its a mechanical clutch compressor where as original 1 is electronic
    So they install a relay for this corolla compressor to work in vitz !

    U cant check cvt oil , u have to drain it and replace it and clean cvt oil filter ! there is no gear oil dip stick

  18. #10857
    PakWheeler Follow
    faisal.imtiaz.16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    300
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by naeemikram View Post
    Hello all experienced PWheelerz!
    Need help!
    I own a vitz 2005, 80k on da odo...just bought a month ago...over the time I have been facing following problems in my ride:

    1. The previous owner told me dat he installed AC compressor of a corolla in it because the old one stopped working. Now...the cooling is fairly good but I noticed that after driving with AC on around 15 to 20km the car looses its pick or I have to press the accelerator down to the metal...seems like the vehicle is getting hot but no sign on the cluster!

    2. After driving 10 to 15 km the steering gets a bit hard on bit higher speed I mean 30 to 40km/hr...the return rotation also needs some effort. Feels like it gets stuck and after applying a little force it suddenly responds. On a turn if the speed is around 30km the steering wouldn't get straight or back to normal position unless force is applied. After giving vehicle some rest and the vehicle is cold it would behave normal and again.

    3. Smell of petrol in the room...after driving and then parking

    4. Average calculated so far is 10 to 12 with AC on around 70% of the time.

    It's 1.0 B...got oil, filter changed, calibration done!
    It's also noticed that front wheel bearings have also gone bad and produce sound on bumps (as speculated by mechanic)

    Need ur valuable suggestions please


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

    About the Steering being hard, i think its because of the extra load. Try the steering without turning on the a/c to make sure its not because of the gli compressor. Easy..
    I said this because i noticed with my vitz that when the car i standing still without a/c, steering is very soft and light. Turning on the a/c made it a little bit harder but nothing like getting stuck. If you keep steering it, engine rpm goes up a little bit as well because its electronic steering and any extra electronics need higher rpm in this small car. Check the battery and the generator power as well.


    Smell of petrol in the car is 99% because of the loose fuel tank/fuel filter cover. Previous owner might have changed the fuel filter or got it cleaned and whoever done it, did not tighten the cover properly. It needs special tools. Same thing happened to me and only Toyota Airport motors could fix it after wasting money on many shops. About 1% other reasons, there could be fuel leakage somewhere. Best bet would be to take out the back seat and inspect the surface under it. There is a metal cover hiding the fuel tank. Take it out by just pulling it with some screw driver and you will see petrol around the main big plastic cap of the fuel tank.

  19. #10858
    PakWheeler Follow
    faisal.imtiaz.16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    300
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Salman, yasir and other respected members have guided you well already.
    About the CVT oil, some so called mechanics check the cvt oil by slightly opening the bottom tray of the gear box. Bright red oil comes out that is like new and they say its still good. But the oil inside the gear box becomes very dirty. Just to be on the safe side change the cvt oil. Buy it from filter house as they sell it much cheaper and get it changed from the Toyota 3s shop. If they ask too much money then speak to the mechanic in private and ask him to make it cheaper. He will charge you few hundred rupees but the bill would be less than 50% of original price. It happens on all Toyota shops.

  20. #10859
    PakWheeler Follow
    tahir.hashmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    37
    Posts
    57
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faisal.imtiaz.16 View Post
    Salman, yasir and other respected members have guided you well already.
    About the CVT oil, some so called mechanics check the cvt oil by slightly opening the bottom tray of the gear box. Bright red oil comes out that is like new and they say its still good. But the oil inside the gear box becomes very dirty. Just to be on the safe side change the cvt oil. Buy it from filter house as they sell it much cheaper and get it changed from the Toyota 3s shop. If they ask too much money then speak to the mechanic in private and ask him to make it cheaper. He will charge you few hundred rupees but the bill would be less than 50% of original price. It happens on all Toyota shops.
    Aoa Faisal Imtiaz bro
    With due respect, I would like to point out that the actions you are suggesting at 3s to reduce the bill appears to be bribery to me. Needless to say using bribes to gain financial advantage is illegal and haram.

    Everyone of us get forced to use bribes at some point of life, but in this case it is entirely avoidable.

    JazakAllah

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

  21. #10860
    PakWheeler Follow
    naeemikram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salmanrasheedpsh View Post
    I also have installed corolla compressor in my vitz ,
    Its a mechanical clutch compressor where as original 1 is electronic
    So they install a relay for this corolla compressor to work in vitz !

    U cant check cvt oil , u have to drain it and replace it and clean cvt oil filter ! there is no gear oil dip stick
    Oookay bro...but does it ever causes low acceleration in your car?
    Plus vibration at D or R gear at standstill?
    And about cvt he drained the lubricant and said its fine...however I will get it checked or I will get it changed!

    Thanks a lot for ur suggestions


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •