Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 544 of 604 FirstFirst ... 44444494534542543544545546554594 ... LastLast
Results 10,861 to 10,880 of 12068
Like Tree1570Likes

Thread: Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    obz3ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dubai
    Age
    40
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

    The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

  2. #10861
    PakWheeler Follow
    naeemikram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faisal.imtiaz.16 View Post
    About the Steering being hard, i think its because of the extra load. Try the steering without turning on the a/c to make sure its not because of the gli compressor. Easy..
    I said this because i noticed with my vitz that when the car i standing still without a/c, steering is very soft and light. Turning on the a/c made it a little bit harder but nothing like getting stuck. If you keep steering it, engine rpm goes up a little bit as well because its electronic steering and any extra electronics need higher rpm in this small car. Check the battery and the generator power as well.


    Smell of petrol in the car is 99% because of the loose fuel tank/fuel filter cover. Previous owner might have changed the fuel filter or got it cleaned and whoever done it, did not tighten the cover properly. It needs special tools. Same thing happened to me and only Toyota Airport motors could fix it after wasting money on many shops. About 1% other reasons, there could be fuel leakage somewhere. Best bet would be to take out the back seat and inspect the surface under it. There is a metal cover hiding the fuel tank. Take it out by just pulling it with some screw driver and you will see petrol around the main big plastic cap of the fuel tank.
    It behaves the same way either with or without a/c...but with AC turned on the time period after which steering gets stuck reduces...it's strange!

    I will try to fix the petrol smell as u suggested...

    Thnx a lot for ur help man



    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  3. #10862
    PakWheeler Follow
    mariner2090's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    35
    Posts
    79
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Aoa Guys....I joined this thread just today and found lot of useful information. I am owning one vitz 2006 model isb number. Please guide me about an mechanic in rawalpindi area. Further more when i fill up fuel tank giving lot of fuel smell. Fuel average is around 11-12. Does the 1.3 variant gives better fuel consumption?

    I need to show my car to any of the guys here to have a check of its performance. Please advise.

  4. #10863
    PakWheeler Follow
    faisal.imtiaz.16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    300
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tahir.hashmi View Post
    Aoa Faisal Imtiaz bro
    With due respect, I would like to point out that the actions you are suggesting at 3s to reduce the bill appears to be bribery to me. Needless to say using bribes to gain financial advantage is illegal and haram.

    Everyone of us get forced to use bribes at some point of life, but in this case it is entirely avoidable.

    JazakAllah

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    I understand your point bro. As i see it, Toyota 3s shops are just looting the people. If you have ever been there specially with an imported car you will get to know that they are butchers.
    Its fine if they charge a lot but if you see it with open mind, WHY THE MECHANICS WOULD DO THIS BRIBE THING IF TOYOTA WAS PAYING THEM FAIR SALARY from the amounts they charge? If the employees of a company are not loyal to the employer, how do they expect the customers to be loyal? Mechanics know that Toyota is charging the customers a lot of money and when they see the crying face of the customer after hearing the price, they offer this under the counter offer.
    I think of it as a tip to the mechanics. You go to a restaurant regularly and pay tip to a waiter. Next time you come in, that waiter comes straight to you and offers you his best service. He does not offer his best service to other people. Why? Because you bribed him?? You gave him some money and in return he offered his best. Same applies to mechanics. You give them money and in return they make your bill lower.
    There are so many ways to justify it and even more ways to prove its wrong but at the end it comes to the end person.
    No one would do such thing if his employer is paying them enough. Look at our traffic wardens. They wont accept any bribe because they get enough for what they do and look at the normal police. They need something extra to keep their expenses cycle running.

  5. #10864
    PakWheeler Follow
    faisal.imtiaz.16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    300
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mariner2090 View Post
    Aoa Guys....I joined this thread just today and found lot of useful information. I am owning one vitz 2006 model isb number. Please guide me about an mechanic in rawalpindi area. Further more when i fill up fuel tank giving lot of fuel smell. Fuel average is around 11-12. Does the 1.3 variant gives better fuel consumption?

    I need to show my car to any of the guys here to have a check of its performance. Please advise.
    Fuel smell is most likely to be because of the fuel tank not being closed properly. Take out the rear seat and remove the metal lid in the center and see if there is any petrol around it?
    11-12 with a/c on is alright. About 1.3 variant, it all depends on how you drive. Honda city Manual 1.3 gives better average than Vitz. Personal experience.

  6. #10865
    PakWheeler Follow
    faisal.imtiaz.16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    300
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by naeemikram View Post
    It behaves the same way either with or without a/c...but with AC turned on the time period after which steering gets stuck reduces...it's strange!

    I will try to fix the petrol smell as u suggested...

    Thnx a lot for ur help man



    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    I would suggest you to get the wheel alignment checked. Get the EPS sensor and EPS fuse checked. I think this is the sensor that gives the steering motor the info if the car is on highway or normal streets making if stiff or light. Get the zero calibration done for the steering from Toyota shop.
    Hope it gets better.

  7. #10866
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    salmanrasheedpsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    1,708
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by naeemikram View Post
    Oookay bro...but does it ever causes low acceleration in your car?
    Plus vibration at D or R gear at standstill?
    And about cvt he drained the lubricant and said its fine...however I will get it checked or I will get it changed!

    Thanks a lot for ur suggestions


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Yes slight decrease in power is there as this compressor is heavier

    Vibration a little but it can be reduced by using hioctane

  8. #10867
    PakWheeler Follow
    godsp3ll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    126
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Hey faisal! Can you help me out in the following issue I have been facing recently?

    I have 2010 vitz with 60K on odometer. Recently my car starting reducing oil abruptly. I say abruptly because last oil change before that it had no sign of engine oil reduction. I have checked floor of the car in the morning and there is no sign of oil leakage. I have asked about in the past and many people have suggested to look for any smoke in the morning to have an idea about bad engine. But in Vitz you won't have any smoke sign with CAT installed. Now before I was using 5W-30 Toyota Japanese tin thats when this issue started. I changed to 5W-40 Mobil-1 and I noticed somewhat decrease in engine oil reduction. With 5W-30 Toyota Oil I had reduction from MAX to in between MAX-MIN at 1,200 KM whereas with using 10W-40 Mobil-1 engine oil reduction went from MAX to MID after 2,800 KM. I have checked online for the causes and some people have said to check PCV valve first as it is the easiest job on earth with no extra cost and a very common cause of oil reduction. I went to Toyota Airport Motors and inquired about it. They didn't check PCV Valve and said to use 20W-50 first and if the problems solves then there is no need of further work. But I think 20W-50 is damn heavy on such a small engine. Plus I don't think engine health suddenly drops in 1-2 month.

    I keep using Hi-Octane 100% or with 50:50 ratio. Use STP full system cleaner almost after every 7,000 KM. Never REV my car. Drove it with light foot. I'm pretty happy with the car mileage both in city and on highway. But this issue is bugging me because I want my car to be completely normal and healthy.
    Please help me out!

  9. #10868
    PakWheeler Follow
    just_a_legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    60
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    1
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I bought ELM 327 for reading engine data , but it does not connect to the ECU Bed buy

  10. #10869
    PakWheeler Follow
    faisal.imtiaz.16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    300
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by godsp3ll View Post
    Hey faisal! Can you help me out in the following issue I have been facing recently?

    I have 2010 vitz with 60K on odometer. Recently my car starting reducing oil abruptly. I say abruptly because last oil change before that it had no sign of engine oil reduction. I have checked floor of the car in the morning and there is no sign of oil leakage. I have asked about in the past and many people have suggested to look for any smoke in the morning to have an idea about bad engine. But in Vitz you won't have any smoke sign with CAT installed. Now before I was using 5W-30 Toyota Japanese tin thats when this issue started. I changed to 5W-40 Mobil-1 and I noticed somewhat decrease in engine oil reduction. With 5W-30 Toyota Oil I had reduction from MAX to in between MAX-MIN at 1,200 KM whereas with using 10W-40 Mobil-1 engine oil reduction went from MAX to MID after 2,800 KM. I have checked online for the causes and some people have said to check PCV valve first as it is the easiest job on earth with no extra cost and a very common cause of oil reduction. I went to Toyota Airport Motors and inquired about it. They didn't check PCV Valve and said to use 20W-50 first and if the problems solves then there is no need of further work. But I think 20W-50 is damn heavy on such a small engine. Plus I don't think engine health suddenly drops in 1-2 month.

    I keep using Hi-Octane 100% or with 50:50 ratio. Use STP full system cleaner almost after every 7,000 KM. Never REV my car. Drove it with light foot. I'm pretty happy with the car mileage both in city and on highway. But this issue is bugging me because I want my car to be completely normal and healthy.
    Please help me out!
    You might have known that i am back in UK for about 1 year now. So i can not be certain about this but to be honest with you, my vitz 2010 same mileage as yours i.e 60k was having same problem with Toyota 5w30 tin. It was difficult to admit that my car is decreasing oil so i used to assume that the oil change guy did not put the right amount lol.
    I have even used Toyota 0w20 Tin oil that i bought from Toyota Ravi and never had the problem of oil decrease.
    Yasir bhai uses Total quartz 9000 5w30 in his car. I asked my brother to use the same few months ago. I will ask him tomorrow if its still decreasing or not.
    Even with the catalytic converter, if the engine is bad, it will blow out the smoke. I have seen many Toyota Yaris here blowing out clouds of smoke.

    Some engines are supposed to consume some of the oil every 1000kms. I am not sure if this is the case with Vitz as well.
    Do not use 20w50 just because mechanic said so. Thicker oil is not the cure for oil consumption. If it was, Toyota would suggest to use 'grease' instead of the oil. Thicker oil does not find its way through the combustion seals meaning no more oil consumption but could also means very bad lubrication. Bad lubrication is worse than oil consumption.
    Worst thing about Vitz is that there is no Temperature gauge in it. If the engine is overheating, oil consumption is for sure.
    I would suggest you to use some fully synthetic oil 5w30 or 5w40. Some people say using FS oils is wastage of money but its not. Here all the oils are fully synthetics because they have lower volatility. Surprisingly, Toyota Petron Plus 10w30 oil works very well in Vitz. Smooth and quite engine and no oil consunmption.
    If that does not help than get the engine checked for worn seals and gaskets.

  11. #10870
    PakWheeler Follow
    just_a_legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    60
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    1
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Every one has a different experience. So I can only tell you how the Vitz went on with me.
    Driving Superb
    Traction Breaking Millage Very good.
    Parts. Did not need parts for the past 3 months 9000 km,
    Check engine light. Used to go on sometimes. later I observed O2 sensor wire was broken. no more check engine light

    When you buy VITZ. take it for a drive not less than 20 km
    Drive it up to 100 km
    Observe shifting of gears / UP and Down
    It may not give you a kick on D but will give you a kick on S drive

    The car is Romantic That is all what I can say.
    Buy it from a trusted source . Any Model starting 2003 and above registered after 2010 will be a good idea
    Do look for the following
    Mud shields under the fenders./costs Rs 6000/pair if not present you will have to buy it else mud will splash on the body under the fender
    Get Air cleaner taken out and see how much of dust is prevailing after the Air cleaner
    Mostly People do not replace CAT and remove the inside materials it costs over 20000 , so find out as if cat has been altered . still the car runs ok only sound increases.
    Have a good Vitz bro

  12. #10871
    PakWheeler Follow
    godsp3ll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    126
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faisal.imtiaz.16 View Post
    You might have known that i am back in UK for about 1 year now. So i can not be certain about this but to be honest with you, my vitz 2010 same mileage as yours i.e 60k was having same problem with Toyota 5w30 tin. It was difficult to admit that my car is decreasing oil so i used to assume that the oil change guy did not put the right amount lol.
    I have even used Toyota 0w20 Tin oil that i bought from Toyota Ravi and never had the problem of oil decrease.
    Yasir bhai uses Total quartz 9000 5w30 in his car. I asked my brother to use the same few months ago. I will ask him tomorrow if its still decreasing or not.
    Even with the catalytic converter, if the engine is bad, it will blow out the smoke. I have seen many Toyota Yaris here blowing out clouds of smoke.

    Some engines are supposed to consume some of the oil every 1000kms. I am not sure if this is the case with Vitz as well.
    Do not use 20w50 just because mechanic said so. Thicker oil is not the cure for oil consumption. If it was, Toyota would suggest to use 'grease' instead of the oil. Thicker oil does not find its way through the combustion seals meaning no more oil consumption but could also means very bad lubrication. Bad lubrication is worse than oil consumption.
    Worst thing about Vitz is that there is no Temperature gauge in it. If the engine is overheating, oil consumption is for sure.
    I would suggest you to use some fully synthetic oil 5w30 or 5w40. Some people say using FS oils is wastage of money but its not. Here all the oils are fully synthetics because they have lower volatility. Surprisingly, Toyota Petron Plus 10w30 oil works very well in Vitz. Smooth and quite engine and no oil consunmption.
    If that does not help than get the engine checked for worn seals and gaskets.
    yeah I do remember you going to UK. Your replies back in this forum is a sign of relief. Thats what I thought when senior mechanic at Toyota Airport Motors advised me to put 20W-50. Because this is not the permanent solution. Now What should I be doing now? Did you check your PCV valve?

  13. #10872
    PakWheeler Follow
    faisal.imtiaz.16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    300
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by godsp3ll View Post
    yeah I do remember you going to UK. Your replies back in this forum is a sign of relief. Thats what I thought when senior mechanic at Toyota Airport Motors advised me to put 20W-50. Because this is not the permanent solution. Now What should I be doing now? Did you check your PCV valve?
    No i did not check the PCV valve on my car. Take out the PCV valve and see if there is oil on the tip. Also check inside if its dark. Either of them, get it replaced as it shows the valve is clogged and sucking oil from the chamber and pushing it back to burn, I dont know how much it costs over there but its just ?3 here. Do not use the Toyota oil anymore. Use Total quartz 9000 5w30. Its synthetic and specs are good. I am sure after these steps there wont be oil consumption anymore.

  14. #10873
    PakWheeler Follow
    godsp3ll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    126
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faisal.imtiaz.16 View Post
    No i did not check the PCV valve on my car. Take out the PCV valve and see if there is oil on the tip. Also check inside if its dark. Either of them, get it replaced as it shows the valve is clogged and sucking oil from the chamber and pushing it back to burn, I dont know how much it costs over there but its just ?3 here. Do not use the Toyota oil anymore. Use Total quartz 9000 5w30. Its synthetic and specs are good. I am sure after these steps there wont be oil consumption anymore.
    I believe our Toyota dealers won't even have it. I stressed so much over PCV valve check-up at Toyota Airport Motor but the guy wasn't ready to check it. I don't think putting thicker oil is a good way to deal with issues. Kher! I will try total quartz 9000 next time. But honestly I don't believe thats gonna change anything. Right now I'm using Mobil-1 and I believe its a pretty good oil, reputation wise. But still I'm going to try Total Quartz. I hope there is a permanent fix to this problem without overhauling the engine. The drive, acceleration and mileage are all pretty good. Giving me no reason to believe that the car engine is in bad shape.

  15. #10874
    PakWheeler Follow
    faisal.imtiaz.16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    300
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by godsp3ll View Post
    I believe our Toyota dealers won't even have it. I stressed so much over PCV valve check-up at Toyota Airport Motor but the guy wasn't ready to check it. I don't think putting thicker oil is a good way to deal with issues. Kher! I will try total quartz 9000 next time. But honestly I don't believe thats gonna change anything. Right now I'm using Mobil-1 and I believe its a pretty good oil, reputation wise. But still I'm going to try Total Quartz. I hope there is a permanent fix to this problem without overhauling the engine. The drive, acceleration and mileage are all pretty good. Giving me no reason to believe that the car engine is in bad shape.
    Mobil-1 is excellent oil but if its genuine or not thats a question.
    I dont understand why he did not check the PCV valve. If you search on Google there are many people suggesting to clean the valve every 15k kms or change it if necessary. Just find a way to get it checked or get it replaced. Go to magic motors model town lahore and ask them to check it. If they do not have the new valve they will even order it for you.

  16. #10875
    PakWheeler Follow
    godsp3ll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    126
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faisal.imtiaz.16 View Post
    Mobil-1 is excellent oil but if its genuine or not thats a question.
    I dont understand why he did not check the PCV valve. If you search on Google there are many people suggesting to clean the valve every 15k kms or change it if necessary. Just find a way to get it checked or get it replaced. Go to magic motors model town lahore and ask them to check it. If they do not have the new valve they will even order it for you.
    Your point is valid. I will go to Magic Motors Model Town Lahore and will give the feedback here. Thanks.

  17. #10876
    PakWheeler Follow
    nawan885's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    36
    Posts
    599
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    hi friends. .
    can someone share his experience of getting fabric seat cover for 3rd Gen vitz in Rwp/Isl like this
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  18. #10877
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    devilz_apprentice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    AoA PWers!

    Has anyone here got their Vitz CVT-TC Oil replaced from a qualified mechanic? Please share the experience and complete procedure.

    Regards.
    Bumper Sticker: "I feed off other people's rage, so drive carefully :-)."

  19. #10878
    PakWheeler Follow
    mohammadalee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by godsp3ll View Post
    Hey faisal! Can you help me out in the following issue I have been facing recently?

    I have 2010 vitz with 60K on odometer. Recently my car starting reducing oil abruptly. I say abruptly because last oil change before that it had no sign of engine oil reduction. I have checked floor of the car in the morning and there is no sign of oil leakage. I have asked about in the past and many people have suggested to look for any smoke in the morning to have an idea about bad engine. But in Vitz you won't have any smoke sign with CAT installed. Now before I was using 5W-30 Toyota Japanese tin thats when this issue started. I changed to 5W-40 Mobil-1 and I noticed somewhat decrease in engine oil reduction. With 5W-30 Toyota Oil I had reduction from MAX to in between MAX-MIN at 1,200 KM whereas with using 10W-40 Mobil-1 engine oil reduction went from MAX to MID after 2,800 KM. I have checked online for the causes and some people have said to check PCV valve first as it is the easiest job on earth with no extra cost and a very common cause of oil reduction. I went to Toyota Airport Motors and inquired about it. They didn't check PCV Valve and said to use 20W-50 first and if the problems solves then there is no need of further work. But I think 20W-50 is damn heavy on such a small engine. Plus I don't think engine health suddenly drops in 1-2 month.

    I keep using Hi-Octane 100% or with 50:50 ratio. Use STP full system cleaner almost after every 7,000 KM. Never REV my car. Drove it with light foot. I'm pretty happy with the car mileage both in city and on highway. But this issue is bugging me because I want my car to be completely normal and healthy.
    Please help me out!
    My 2007 Vitz 1.3 is also reducing oil, did you guys find out the reason? my mechanic told me that this much reduction in oil level is not alarming. Oil level is at 25% after around 2600 km of driving.

  20. #10879
    PakWheeler Follow
    speedracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    330
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Hi there everyone,

    need an urgent advice from you guys.
    I am looking for a vitz 2012, I have an option of a R grade vitz with both front fenders replaced from Japan (X) and a scratch on rear dear ( a long one as shown in auction sheet) but the plus is that the car is 10k driven only verifiable auction sheet.

    The prob is that the car is in transit, its not reached karachi yet. I am confused whether to inspect the DOOR SCRATCH on arrival and then buy or book it right now. What do you guys suggest? I've attached the car's port pics for your reference. And the auction sheet as well, can some experienced members help me out?

    I also have another option of a 4.5 B grade (verifiable auction sheet) vitz 12k driven, but that one is a bit expensive. Which car do you recommend?

    Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1628477Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1628478Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1628479
    Honda Civic VTi Oriel '14
    Honda City '13 & Yamaha R1 '07

  21. #10880
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Nabeel_Ali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,509
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedracer View Post
    Hi there everyone,

    need an urgent advice from you guys.
    I am looking for a vitz 2012, I have an option of a R grade vitz with both front fenders replaced from Japan (X) and a scratch on rear dear ( a long one as shown in auction sheet) but the plus is that the car is 10k driven only verifiable auction sheet.

    The prob is that the car is in transit, its not reached karachi yet. I am confused whether to inspect the DOOR SCRATCH on arrival and then buy or book it right now. What do you guys suggest? I've attached the car's port pics for your reference. And the auction sheet as well, can some experienced members help me out?

    I also have another option of a 4.5 B grade (verifiable auction sheet) vitz 12k driven, but that one is a bit expensive. Which car do you recommend?

    Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1628477Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1628478Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1628479
    The car indeed looks clean. Get it. The scratch can be dealt with. It's interior is A and is a low mileage car. Overall it's a brand new like plus it has oem fog lights and air press.



    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •