0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tyrone_40

friend, such stories are always sad. in short, with the engine off, the fan and radio were on for about 5 minutes... and the engine didn't start! so, had to jumper-start it. then after turning off, it re started fine - for almost a month as i did not use the fan/radio on an off engine. and since the engine started easily on the first try (before the battery discharged) i had no problems even in starting in the mornings all this time.

and then i turned on the radio and fan again, on an off engine... and that's when i decided to change the battery! btw, the water level was okay in battery all this time. also, this last month... the dome light used to turn off while starting!

before removing the batter, i retested it... jumper start... turn off... restart ok... turn off... radio and fan on... not enough charge to restart!

@zeeshanhashmi

if u're talking about the MAF sensor (in the air intake), it is available easily in any good parts shop in khi especially plaza. price can vary b/w 2.5k to 4k. e.g. if u go to prime defence motors and ask him to change it, he might charge 3.5k to 4k for it. but if you go to the shops yourself, you might be able to get it for a bit less. easy solution is to go to a good place and let him find the sensor even if u have to pay extra 500 or 1000 as it'll be his responsibility to fix the problem. do let us know the outcome! and yes, i have cng kit installed.

@mbkhan

good to hear that!
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mbkhan

VITZology! Very well said dude

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@amoizp

I do that often as its quite hot in the car when I'm waiting for someone , so I switch off the engine and let the fan run with the radio. But then someone told me that the fan uses the most power after the same problem occured with my Suzuki Margalla. Had to change the battery then and put a dry batter which was much better.

Secondly, any idea if i can hook up a back camera for use on my LCD / navigation screen and from where it could be done here?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@amoizp

How is the performance on the CNG? do u have lambada installed? which is the make of CNG KIT and if u compare with petrol how much is the %age drop in pick?

Thanks for the reply..
    Race lani Jay ....:-)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wow, seems like I missed on quite a few things "again"
    Anyways I really appreciate MBKHAN's post for his problems resolution. That shall be the standard routine for all the mature people. Once your problem is solved post it so that others know that in advance (DreamGirl it goes specifically for you)

For the key and door issue, Vitz 2005 onwards has the builtin RFID in it and thats why once the key is not around you can not open the door. Just like BMWs.

@TYRONE
    Well yes, if you have the "AV in" capability in your player, you can watch it on your NAV/Video screen. You can get it done from any of the good Auto Stereo Shops there in Karachi. In Lahore I know a few people who can do it but in Karachi I am afraid I dont.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@cache

What about the camera to be fitted at the back? Where do I get that from?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tyrone_40

okay, by dry battery u mean the "maintenance free" one, right? regarding web camera... well, never heard anyone doing that... and considering the work involved, it's advisable to only try it if the screen is not being used for anything else (e.g. as a video player)

@2fastnfurious

no problemo. i'm very satisfied with the cng performance. i would say pick is 10% less without a/c and about 20% less with a/c. i just have emulator and advancer - no lambda (don't know much about it either!)
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@amoizp

Yes I mean the maintenance free one . I had that one on my Margalla and it was peace of mind rather than the wet battery.

How many Amp is ok for the maintenance free one? Will using a higher Amp be more beneficial?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all

I know the tyre sizes have been discussed a lot on this post and the forum so I've come to the conclusion that 195/50/R15s should be appropriate for my vitz and would also slightly raise the car.

Since I dont plan to raise the car as yet because I'm not sure whether to go for spacers or coil springs as I dont want to disrupt the original drive, would 195/50/R15s raise car up to a certain extent without any rubbing, as I find its too low and hitting the speedbumps here. Would appreciate your suggestions.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Tyrone
    if you run your car stereo/fan/radio often with the engine off or if you are planning to go for the carputer in your car you should get a high AMP battery... I am planning to put a 72 AMPH battery in my car, I hope (fingers crossed) that the generator of Vitz charges it well... I once put an 80Ah battery in my old 1983 model Accord and it went very well.

For the Tyres I think 15 size is not appropriate since it would rub with normal tyres, for 15 size to work without rubbing you will have to put low profile tyres which are a bit more expensive and they will fit on good Alloys only, so we are talknig about something like 35-36 K PKR here...
    To lift the car a bit you shall go for the standard Spacer/Spring manipulation technique which is very safe and hassle free... once done welll the car does look exactly as if it has the originals...
    Rubber Spacers(Not the metallic ones) 2.5 Inches in the front and Springs for the rear work fine.I have got them done and believe you me I have driven it to the highest Speed Breakers in Lahore with Full Load, 5 HEALTHY passengers in it and it works like charm...
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Oh and for the Camera it is avialable on almost all the tech shops now, dont know about Karachi but here in Lahore it is avialable on both montegomery road and Hall road.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Assalaam o allaykum

Thanks a lot to all those who give me suggestions and guided me.

here i need to know few more things :
    1) How an o2 sensor damages ?
    2) it need to be replaced in my case, what do you thing, is this the cause of caytalatic converter ?
    3) ZH Autos in Plaza, told me that they have original parts (i.e. O2 sensor, and Shocks etc) so are they right ?
    4) About 80% of people told me NOT TO INSTALL CNG, IT WILL CREATE A LOT OF TROUBLES. Is this statement Right ?
    5) If i install CNG, its common that Check Engine Light will turn on ? why this? and if after CNG there is any problem, like for example O2 Sensor, how would i Know ?

I regret for all those annoyed with my questions, please understand that i m quite new and need help.

Thank you all

Zeeshan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@zeeshanhashmi

With regards to point no.3, I have heard that they are reliable ppl as a friend of mine recommended me to them. So its upto you if you want to try them out.

@cache

Thanks for the info and help. Is your drive now as same as the original drive after installing spacers/springs? I read somewhere out here that spacers will damage the suspension, so thats why I was a bit hesitant to put spacers. What specification springs did you put and wat was the cost of all this?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Tyrone
    No change at all... except for the peace of mind and freedom from the fear of moving up these bloody in-human speed breaker
    Dont try to avoid the long queues while getting it done, the people who would keep you waiting for your turn to fix your car will be most reliable, a simple rule of thumb.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@cache

Thanks for the info. Can you tell me what type of springs did you use and how much it costed you? I think I will go ahead with it but now I have to find some reliable person in Karachi to do it from

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Tyrone
    With me actually I had been lucky to find someone in Lahore who are very experienced, they had their springs made for different cars already, so I did not have to go into technical details with them. I am sure there will be someone in Karachi who has experience of getting these springs fitted in more than 20 Vitz... find that guy and voila, you are done.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok thanks boss for all your help. I appreciate it Will post the results here when I do it. U didnt tell me the cost, I hope its not too much?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Tyrone
    Sorry, for the cost, the spacers cost was 900 while the Springs were for 1200 both are in PKR So I guess thats a very reasonable price... but I dont know about Karachi. I think it should not be much different from what I had to pay here.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@cache

Ok. Just one more qs. Why do u say rubber spacers and not the metallic ones?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Tyrone:

Probably cause I have had the metallic spacers fitted. Now they make a very disturbin squeaky noise. God I hate that noise and am considering getting them replaced with rubber spacers.

@All mates:

I have finally decided to get the cat converter removed. Do I need somebody with special skills to do the job or any average joe will be able to do that? If anybody can guide me towards some reliable person for the job in Islamabad/Pindi.

Plus, at the earliest, I am planning to get the following done:

- Get new plugs
    - Get a new fuel filter (havent changed it in a year's time!)
    - Get it Royal Shielded
    - Other stuff includes routine filter change (oil and air)
    There is one thing I would break up over and that is if she caught me with another woman. I wouldn't stand for that!

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List