Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 558 of 604 FirstFirst ... 58458508548556557558559560568 ... LastLast
Results 11,141 to 11,160 of 12068
Like Tree1570Likes

Thread: Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    obz3ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dubai
    Age
    40
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

    The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

  2. #11141
    PakWheeler Follow
    Yasirshafeeq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    371
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by godsp3ll View Post
    That is awesome. But one thing is for sure, Islamabad fuel Octane level is extremely low. My car knocks even on High octane. Lahore fuel quality is much better.
    You are right. Once or twice I had experience of Fuel fill up from near Chaklala Garrison, My Car knocked badly.
    Never underEstimate anyone. Might be a charade has a v8 in his heart.

  3. #11142
    PakWheeler Follow
    godsp3ll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    126
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yasirshafeeq View Post
    You are right. Once or twice I had experience of Fuel fill up from near Chaklala Garrison, My Car knocked badly.
    I have to travel quite often between Islamabad and Lahore. And I can easily say that there is a lot of difference of fuel quality between Lahore and Islamabad. There might be some good spots in Islamabad but, so far, I haven't been unable to find one.

  4. #11143
    PakWheeler Follow
    nawan885's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    36
    Posts
    599
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by godsp3ll View Post
    I have to travel quite often between Islamabad and Lahore. And I can easily say that there is a lot of difference of fuel quality between Lahore and Islamabad. There might be some good spots in Islamabad but, so far, I haven't been unable to find one.
    Try shell aappara.. pso diplomatic enclave or pso super market

  5. #11144
    PakWheeler Follow
    godsp3ll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    126
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nawan885 View Post
    Try shell aappara.. pso diplomatic enclave or pso super market
    Will try once I get there

  6. #11145
    PakWheeler Follow
    saadkhan35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Salam.

    guys i have bought a 2007 1.0 Vitz. it has done 82k Kms.

    i instantly changed oil and oil filter/Air filter.

    i checked the coolant level. it was full in Radiator and in plastic bottle it was in middle.

    car doesnt give any kind of smoke. generates water in exhaust.

    i have few questions:

    1) i have read that its recommended to use 5 - 30 oil for vitz. but my mechanic insisted to use 10 - 40 as the car has done above 80k kms. so i used ZiC A. which oil should i use?

    2) acceleration is quite good when i accelerate from a stop. but if i am at 60 or 70kmh and i accelerate i feel its a bit less. may be i am used to a manual car and thats why i get this feeling?

    3) on first startup of day when i switch to D or R engine sounds like phata hua silencer for about 30 seconds and the there is no sound. and this sound doesnt come whole day. just comes when i start the day. what would be the reason?

    4) i checked coolant level its full in radiator but in middle in reservoir. i put bit of water to raise it around full. should i use a coolant or water? if coolant then which one?

    5) do you think i should get a scan from toyota center. just to check if there arent any other issues?

    please advice.

    Thanks

  7. #11146
    PakWheeler Follow
    adnanzafar71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1451138790.057899.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  171.4 KB

  8. #11147
    PakWheeler Follow
    nawan885's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    36
    Posts
    599
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Today I changed old Bridgestone ecopia tyres of 3rd gen vitz. . New tyres are yokohoma ecos 185/70/14 worth 26000 in islamabad and car gained height of 1.5 inches

  9. #11148
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    salmanrasheedpsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    1,708
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saadkhan35 View Post
    Salam.

    guys i have bought a 2007 1.0 Vitz. it has done 82k Kms.

    i instantly changed oil and oil filter/Air filter.

    i checked the coolant level. it was full in Radiator and in plastic bottle it was in middle.

    car doesnt give any kind of smoke. generates water in exhaust.

    i have few questions:

    1) i have read that its recommended to use 5 - 30 oil for vitz. but my mechanic insisted to use 10 - 40 as the car has done above 80k kms. so i used ZiC A. which oil should i use?

    2) acceleration is quite good when i accelerate from a stop. but if i am at 60 or 70kmh and i accelerate i feel its a bit less. may be i am used to a manual car and thats why i get this feeling?

    3) on first startup of day when i switch to D or R engine sounds like phata hua silencer for about 30 seconds and the there is no sound. and this sound doesnt come whole day. just comes when i start the day. what would be the reason?

    4) i checked coolant level its full in radiator but in middle in reservoir. i put bit of water to raise it around full. should i use a coolant or water? if coolant then which one?

    5) do you think i should get a scan from toyota center. just to check if there arent any other issues?

    please advice.

    Thanks
    Only use 5w-30 5w-40 full synthetic oil , mechanics are jahils not engineers

    That sound is normal as the engine is cold and its on autochoke , acceleration thingy totally normal
    For coolant its supposed to be half full the secondary bottle , so that there is room for breathing ! If u completely fill it there wont be any room for dat so drain it till half is left ! U can do dat with a syringe


    Sent from my iPod touch using PW Forums

  10. #11149
    PakWheeler Follow
    saadkhan35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salmanrasheedpsh View Post
    Only use 5w-30 5w-40 full synthetic oil , mechanics are jahils not engineers

    That sound is normal as the engine is cold and its on autochoke , acceleration thingy totally normal
    For coolant its supposed to be half full the secondary bottle , so that there is room for breathing ! If u completely fill it there wont be any room for dat so drain it till half is left ! U can do dat with a syringe


    Sent from my iPod touch using PW Forums
    Thanks. should i change transmission oil?

  11. #11150
    PakWheeler Follow
    Yasirshafeeq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    371
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saadkhan35 View Post
    Thanks. should i change transmission oil?
    Get it checked from Toyota. They will lift the car and check it by opening lower portion of CVT Box. If Oil has got very thinner/black and smells like burnt. Then u must change it. Else Toyota guys will guide u to use for a further period of kms.
    Never underEstimate anyone. Might be a charade has a v8 in his heart.

  12. #11151
    PakWheeler Follow
    djtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    429
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Salaam guys. What could be the possible reason for blue smoke?

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    "We still got love for the STREETS"

  13. #11152
    PakWheeler Follow
    nawan885's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    36
    Posts
    599
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yasirshafeeq View Post
    Get it checked from Toyota. They will lift the car and check it by opening lower portion of CVT Box. If Oil has got very thinner/black and smells like burnt. Then u must change it. Else Toyota guys will guide u to use for a further period of kms.
    Yes
    Agreed. We also went to toyot and they recommended not to change after checking cvt oil. Car is 49000 driven.

  14. #11153
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    salmanrasheedpsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    1,708
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djtz View Post
    Salaam guys. What could be the possible reason for blue smoke?

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Of blue smoke when u rev lock the engine and smells like something burning means weak engine rings


    Sent from my iPod touch using PW Forums

  15. #11154
    PakWheeler Follow
    djtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    429
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salmanrasheedpsh View Post
    Of blue smoke when u rev lock the engine and smells like something burning means weak engine rings


    Sent from my iPod touch using PW Forums
    Where shall i get it checked from?

    How much would it cost to get it repaired?

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    "We still got love for the STREETS"

  16. #11155
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    salmanrasheedpsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    1,708
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djtz View Post
    Where shall i get it checked from?

    How much would it cost to get it repaired?

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Does it have these symptoms , smoke on rev locking ? Of burnt smell ? Reducing engine oil ?
    Weak engine rings means overhauling the engine , which mechanics cant do in pak incase of 1krfe !
    Other option is replacing engine with a kabuli one

    Isnt ur vitz a new 1 ?


    Sent from my iPod touch using PW Forums

  17. #11156
    PakWheeler Follow
    djtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    429
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salmanrasheedpsh View Post
    Does it have these symptoms , smoke on rev locking ? Of burnt smell ? Reducing engine oil ?
    Weak engine rings means overhauling the engine , which mechanics cant do in pak incase of 1krfe !
    Other option is replacing engine with a kabuli one

    Isnt ur vitz a new 1 ?


    Sent from my iPod touch using PW Forums
    The smoke is kind more black than blue. It comes out continuously but it invreases on high revs and rev locking. I am not sure of burnt smell and reducing engine oil, I'll check that.

    Plus it's a 1300cc, 2SZ FE. Can that be overhauled?

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    "We still got love for the STREETS"

  18. #11157
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,544
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djtz View Post
    The smoke is kind more black than blue. It comes out continuously but it invreases on high revs and rev locking. I am not sure of burnt smell and reducing engine oil, I'll check that.

    Plus it's a 1300cc, 2SZ FE. Can that be overhauled?

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Get compression test done on your car your car problem doesnt seem to be related to piston rings

  19. #11158
    PakWheeler Follow
    djtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    429
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    Get compression test done on your car your car problem doesnt seem to be related to piston rings
    Can a normal workshop diagnose what really is wrong or only Toyota 3s would do it?

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    "We still got love for the STREETS"

  20. #11159
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,544
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djtz View Post
    Can a normal workshop diagnose what really is wrong or only Toyota 3s would do it?

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    It depend a good workshop should have compression tester 3s should have it through I know a person (pakwheeler) who is facing exact same issue and 3s refused to work on his car

  21. #11160
    PakWheeler Follow
    djtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    429
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    It depend a good workshop should have compression tester 3s should have it through I know a person (pakwheeler) who is facing exact same issue and 3s refused to work on his car
    Rightt. I don't think you'd know a good workshop in Rwp/Isb since you're from Karachi. And thank you for the input.

    Can you tell me the name of that pakwheeler?

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    "We still got love for the STREETS"

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •