0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Another problem with the spacers I have had fitted is that they are 2" ones. I am running my car on petrol and the tyres are size 13. So it looks kind of stupid! Need to get them replaced with the 1 inch ones.
    There is one thing I would break up over and that is if she caught me with another woman. I wouldn't stand for that!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@robust

Thanks for the information. That clears it up. As @cache mentioned I will go for probably size 14" and use rubber spacers 2.5" as I dont want the rubbing issue.

As far as I've heard any silencer wala can do the job provided he has done it on Vitz before, maybe not even necessary even if he hasn't had any experience of removing one from a vitz.

I also plan to get my car Royal Shielded once I get some free cash to spend I have not changed or checked my fuel filter and I was also thinking whether to change it or not??????

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Tyrone
    If you are not running your car on CNG you should also get the spacers of 1-1.5 Inches hieght and same goes for Springs.

@All
    Any silencer wala should be able to remove the CAT easily, not a technical thing at all.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I dont know why there is a negative aspect to putting spacers here on the forum. I realised this when I did a search. Some say it will spoil the shocks or the suspension. Thats why I am confused and still am

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tyrone_40

i recommend 14" cuz mine are 15 n they are rubbin
    YES, i drive a Miata and NO, im not a hairdresser!!! Eunos Roadster S-limited, Bilstein, Torsen LSD, Borla Dual Exhaust, Nardi steering, Genuine red leather!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Tyrone
    How about the CNG thing, how many say that it is not advisable?
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@aabirgti

Thanks I guess I'll have to settle for 14".

@cache

I asked a number of people familiar with the auto industry and they said if you're not putting CNG then the car will be too high as there will not be the weight of the CNG to push it down :s but my friend who has installed it has said that there was no issue as such. Will have to try his car out to see how it feels. Like i said I dont want to mess up the current beautiful drive that I'm enjoying at the moment

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@cache @tyre_one

yes i have got same issue .. car on petrol and with 2'' spacers looks really odd and drive not good.. i am also planning to change it with smaller one...

Second is it true that Al spacers will damage my shocks ? or should i replace it with rubber spacers ? what do u guyz suggest ??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vitz

While researching I found that many used aluminium spacers. So still deciding.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Vitz & Tyrone
    The car is low for one, and then our speed breakers and quite a few other places on broken apart roads are high, so logically every vitz owner has to get the car raised now or laterz. Now if you keep your Vitz on Petrol, you shall raise it less since the regular load would be lesser, else you have to raise it a bit more. Details are on the same and the second last pages.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@cache thx

@tyre_one

i dont think it will damage ur shocks.. its used everywhere where as rubber spacers wont work too long due to compression or wear tear problem with time...

Its better to save the car and u need to compromise with the smooth driving ( difference is not that much u will feel just feel it for few days) i think its better to raise it up instead of damaging ur car...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@cache

I agree coz I think I recently damaged the oil chamber due to the low height. Dont want any other serious problems. So then the solution is between 1-1.5" aluminium spacers in front and what size springs on the rear?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tyre_one

i will suggest you install spacers in all 4 wheels, spring option is best suited for CNG cars.. and believe me ur car will look really ugly... too high from back side and ride will not be good as well.

My suggestion AL spacers on all 4 wheels.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I agree with Vitz on spacers for all the four wheels if you are not running your ride on CNG, but I am using rubber spacers and am quite happy with them, with AL spacers I have seen quite a few of my friends complaining of different sounds and extra hardness... so I wont suggest AL spacers, I will rather recommend Hard Rubber spacers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks cache and everyone for your help.

@vitz what did you install?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

mine are Al spacers.. i agree with cache rubber one might be more soft but imagine its of rubber and you might need to replace them later or some might get out of shape as it will compress with time and oiling and car service also damages it... although a good option. you comments guyz this is what i have heard from some senior guyz.

With Al spacers i dont think it will hurts that much.. 1'' or 1.5'' will not make that much of difference

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tyrone_40

hmm, good to hear wet battery is worth the extra expense! as far as i know, yes it'll be better to get higher Ah battery. so u can get the max Ah available within the size limitation.

on tyre size, 195/50/R15 will result in almost the same effective size as the factory fitted ones (155/80/R13)... so won't change the height. u'll just end up buying newer rims and also end up with slightly reduced shock absorbing capability.

raising up your car... i believe the car manufacturer would recommend getting the springs changed to slightly harder and larger ones instead of spacers (rubber or metal). if u can wait a month, i'm planning on visiting khi during eid holidays, will show u the place from where i got my springs in plaza. they already had springs made for different cars (similar to how cache got his) and they gave a year's warranty as well! after buying them i got them changed from this place right beside Friends CNG's workshop (Baloch colony) and he did an okay job.

metallic vs. rubber spacers - from experience of various ppl, metallic ones can squeak! and rubber ones later on become problematic as with time they compress and one side's spacer might compress more than the other!

i just changed my rear springs and did not need to touch the front at all. with cng, i don't hit speed breakers any more - and the car doesn't look extra "high" either.

@zeeshanhashmi

dude, cng is not recommended for any petrol car. simple. but just for the sake saving some money, we have to compromise on a few things. if u can afford petrol, then it's better u avoid cng. if not, then join the club! just do some research and don't try to save money in getting cng conversion.

if u've recently bought the car, i'd recommend driving it for a couple of months and making sure everything else is working well before going with cng kit.

@robust

pal.. i've heard the vitz fuel filter does not need replacement unless there's some serious issue with it. i think u shud just get it cleaned, if needed. rest of the things should be changed (on their respective times). goodluck with the royal shielding!

(btw is it just me or is it really too complicated to keep track of all forums on pw?)
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@amoizp

Thanks for the info and advice. I dont mind waiting a while as I'm not in a hurry to raise the car coz I just luv the drive and dont want to mess it up.

Btw, I went to pick up my car file and the guy I bought the car from has another one in silver 2004 model and its in really good condition but he's asking 655k so if anyone's interested i can give u his contact. His meter's are untampered and can be verified by the japanese service stickers on the car. It's done about 24,000 km.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well cache is absolutely rite go for rubber spacer..coz silver spacers se road grip nae rehti i have a bad experience of silver spacers but after putting VTI's springs n Rubber Spacers my car has very smooth drive
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

does anyone know a workshop from where i can get my CAT removed? i want this as it will help in pick up performance, i've heard.
    -

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List