0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by margallar View Post
    please explain this to me, i am not getting it
    You would need to know basics of fulid dynamics to understand it engine with 1valve for inlet tends to suck air better on low revs and engine with 2 valve for inlet tends to suck air better on high rev this is due to mass of air denser air mass increases

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Owners of 3rd Gen Vitz (2011 onward) what Tyre size is best for better ground clearance and better road grip n look. 185/65-R14 was best for 2nd gen. Whats best for current....
    ?Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    You would need to know basics of fulid dynamics to understand it engine with 1valve for inlet tends to suck air better on low revs and engine with 2 valve for inlet tends to suck air better on high rev this is due to mass of air denser air mass increases
    I think the reduction in low end torque is attributed more to the design of the cold air intake, rather than the air temperature. The diameter and shape of the tube that goes to the throttle body.

Denser air means more oxygen, i don't see how that can be bad.

Lucky for me, i'll be studying fluid dynamics pretty soon
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Pakwheelers AoA, you guys are quite experienced and have a lot better knowledge than me regrading the toyota vitz so I seek a little bit help from you guys.
    We are planning to buy a vitz the 3gen one for our daily use our daily usage is like 50-60 kms in lahore, actually the purpose is for me to go to school college etc.. when we saw the cars available in the hatchback type I adviced my Abu many but our final decision is now stuck at the 3gen 2013 model or 2015 model the facelift one. I've heard that the 2015 one has an upgraded engine with better fuel economy and has some changes in the looks. For the 2013 model we were planning for the F-smile pacakge with the smart entry and for the 2015 facelift we are planning for the F package with only the keyless entry. In my knowledge I've heard that the F-smile (2013)would cost me 15lakhs without registration, a clean piece and the 2015 one would cost till 16-16.5 lakhs..
    Now the real thing I wanted you guys to tell me that which one is better my main aim is fuel economy because we are using a 09 model civic for our daily routine travelling and it is a gas guzzler does 7km/l on light foot soo we need a change a heavy change. Guys please suggest me which model is better plus the prices i mentioned for both the models are those correct or there is some difference..
    Thanks a lot in advance
    -Fahad
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fahad.bari4434 View Post
    Dear Pakwheelers AoA, you guys are quite experienced and have a lot better knowledge than me regrading the toyota vitz so I seek a little bit help from you guys.
    We are planning to buy a vitz the 3gen one for our daily use our daily usage is like 50-60 kms in lahore, actually the purpose is for me to go to school college etc.. when we saw the cars available in the hatchback type I adviced my Abu many but our final decision is now stuck at the 3gen 2013 model or 2015 model the facelift one. I've heard that the 2015 one has an upgraded engine with better fuel economy and has some changes in the looks. For the 2013 model we were planning for the F-smile pacakge with the smart entry and for the 2015 facelift we are planning for the F package with only the keyless entry. In my knowledge I've heard that the F-smile (2013)would cost me 15lakhs without registration, a clean piece and the 2015 one would cost till 16-16.5 lakhs..
    Now the real thing I wanted you guys to tell me that which one is better my main aim is fuel economy because we are using a 09 model civic for our daily routine travelling and it is a gas guzzler does 7km/l on light foot soo we need a change a heavy change. Guys please suggest me which model is better plus the prices i mentioned for both the models are those correct or there is some difference..
    Thanks a lot in advance
    -Fahad
    I have vitz 2011 non face-lift version and it gives 16 km/l easily in winters in city. The face-lift version won't do any miracles and in fact it would give the same. The problem with face-lift vitz is that it's too expensive and doesn't make any sense to me as you can add one lakh more go for aqua which is king of fuel efficiency and has a bigger much powerful engine with far more goodies than vitz. Rest the choice is yours.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks bro. Actually the problem is that one facelift version is available parked at karachi one of my close friend has imported it and can come to Lahore in a week or so but I heard importing a car from Japan can take at least 2 months.. soo i was wondering that importing would take a lot of time as you've mentioned that there are no significant differences in both the models so if any 2013 model is available in karachi or lahore in your knowledge please let me know, I am willing to buy a 4.5 or 5 grade car with mileage not more than 20k
    And lastly aqua is pure love I've driven it but my dad doesn't give any positive remarks to its shape!! :/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fahad.bari4434 View Post
    Thanks bro. Actually the problem is that one facelift version is available parked at karachi one of my close friend has imported it and can come to Lahore in a week or so but I heard importing a car from Japan can take at least 2 months.. soo i was wondering that importing would take a lot of time as you've mentioned that there are no significant differences in both the models so if any 2013 model is available in karachi or lahore in your knowledge please let me know, I am willing to buy a 4.5 or 5 grade car with mileage not more than 20k
    And lastly aqua is pure love I've driven it but my dad doesn't give any positive remarks to its shape!! :/
    Bro if vitz is your choice than go for non facelift version you can find a clean ride in 14.5 lakhs. rest the facelift version has nothing special and is not worth spending 16 lakhs.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by margallar View Post
    I think the reduction in low end torque is attributed more to the design of the cold air intake, rather than the air temperature. The diameter and shape of the tube that goes to the throttle body.

Denser air means more oxygen, i don't see how that can be bad.

Lucky for me, i'll be studying fluid dynamics pretty soon
    Exactly more oxygen in dense air oxygen have mass more oxygen means more Mass now see it like this you have heavier air but suction power of engine remains same

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jibranmalik View Post
    Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1657664

Can anyone guide me that what is the function of this highlighted button ?
    Bump Anyone

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bump Anyone
    It's I guess is there to warm up the wind shield wipers in extreme cold as they might not move. It will work in Japan so no use here.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bump Anyone
    Windscreen warmer/ icebreaker.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by civic7 View Post
    Owners of 3rd Gen Vitz (2011 onward) what Tyre size is best for better ground clearance and better road grip n look. 185/65-R14 was best for 2nd gen. Whats best for current....
    We are using 185/70/14
    As compared to stock tyre ground clearance inc by 1 inch.. few of my friends using 195/65/14

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys can someone tell how to tow an automatic car..in N or D

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nawan885 View Post
    Guys can someone tell how to tow an automatic car..in N or D
    Put the stick in N when toeing

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For no aparent reason, my windshield just so happened to have this crack when I took the car out this afternoon. It was not present last night when I reached home.

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1658742

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1658743

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1658744

At this point, I'm planning on changing the ws but what could have caused the crack? And any idea how much it would cost replacing the ws on a 07 vitz?
    My 1985 Mercedes Benz W201 190D (DIY's, Detailing and Photo-shoots)
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/207432-my-mercedes-c-class-w201

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devils_smile View Post
    For no aparent reason, my windshield just so happened to have this crack when I took the car out this afternoon. It was not present last night when I reached home.

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1658742

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1658743

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1658744

At this point, I'm planning on changing the ws but what could have caused the crack? And any idea how much it would cost replacing the ws on a 07 vitz?
    Stone chip from traffic ahead you probably.

Total expense would be around 6000

4500 for windscreen + 1000-1500 labour fitting etc
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    Stone chip from traffic ahead you probably.

Total expense would be around 6000

4500 for windscreen + 1000-1500 labour fitting etc
    Appreciate the expense breakdown. Regarding the stone chip, there is non. Its smooth all across the crack. Plus, the crack appeared over night since it was not present when I parked the car in the garage last night. When I took it out of the garage in the afternoon, it was there. Weird
    My 1985 Mercedes Benz W201 190D (DIY's, Detailing and Photo-shoots)
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/207432-my-mercedes-c-class-w201

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Appreciate the expense breakdown. Regarding the stone chip, there is non. Its smooth all across the crack. Plus, the crack appeared over night since it was not present when I parked the car in the garage last night. When I took it out of the garage in the afternoon, it was there. Weird
    You might have not noticed it but is due to a stone chip or some thing hit the screen.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I've been thru this, a stone from a dumper hit my car too. It was clean untill around 12-15 kilometers later I went in an underpass and when I came out i could see a long crack later it grew to about 10-12 inches.

Ps: if not wrong a stone chip can be seen in the first picture. Just above the rubber strip.

Altho in the second picture that very spother is covered by the viper. Could be a case of someone bashing down the wiper on the windscreen

Once children playing basketball ball hit oureply 2002 vitz and it got a half circle crack on it too. Since their is plastic in between the glasses that plastic cracks one the load is unbearable. The glass won't break it would keep growing with in

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

whats the price of 2015 model vitz 1000cc wid auto stop and go??

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List