0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Seeing a lot of members here who complain about bad idle, engine shuddering on D (when at a standstill) and when the air con is switched on. These problems are more prone on the 1kr-fe engine's but the 1.3's are not spared either. I had the same issues with my vitz so I went ahead and replaced/cleaned a few things.

Note: Its been approx 5k km's since I did these DIY's. My odo was at 93k and its currently done 98k and the symptoms mentioned above have yet to return. So roll your sleeves, grab some tools and get to work.

1) Remove the air box completely. I cleaned the insides using some apc and a flexible cleaning brush gently. Let it dry for 30 minutes. Replaced the old air filter with a new Toyota one fore Rs450. Also, I cleaned the breather hose with a clean cloth. There was oil build up in there. You can remove the breather hose to clean it or do it while its connected to the air box.

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660384

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660385

I also cleaned the inside of the base air filter box with a damp cloth to remove all the stuck dirt.

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660394

2) Next up, the throttle body. These get mega clogged over time. The insides of the tb were jet black in my case. I un-clipped the plug connected to the tb and using pliers, un-clipped the top rubber inlet for the tb. You can let it be there. I did'nt wanna miss out on anything so I removed it before I removed the tb. There are two coolant hoses connected to the tb. Disconnect theses. You might see a little coolant come out, that's normal. Just put them to the side facing upwards but remember which was which. Finally, loosen the 4 bolts holding the tb in place. You don't need to remove them to get the tb out.

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660386

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660387

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660388

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660389

Here's how the tb looked after I was done cleaning it out using a tooth brush, some Carburetor spray and a clean cloth.

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660391

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660392

3) Here is the sensor that need's a lot of attention. Most of you might have skipped on this and you will be surprised how bad the MAP sensors condition is if its been neglected all this time. Its located right behind the TB and is held by 2x10mm bolts. Unclip the connector and gently remove it. It might need a slight wiggle to come out so don't panic if it dose not pop out once the bolts are removed.

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660390

When I removed mine, the sensor was a black oily mess. I didn't capture a before picture but here is how it looked exactly upon removal.

(Reference Picture of a BMW Map sensor)

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660398

Once I cleaned it up ( Carb spray can be used to clean a MAP sensor ) and let it dry, I had a sensor that was ready to do its job properly.

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660393

4) I removed the O2 sensors too. Cleaned them up and put them back in. I did not take any pictures in this case since it's been done here loads of times but I'll still update this post with how to remove them and see if they need replacement or a cleaning will do.

5) Finally, the plugs. Remove the electrical clips from the coils and unscrew the 10mm bolts to remove the coils. I put them in the order I removed them from the car. To remove the old plugs, you need a long reach bar along with a 16mm socket. I got both of them for Rs250 from a local store.

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660395

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660396

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660397

I loosened the plugs and then used a long reach needle nose pliers ( the one dentists use lol ) to take out the plugs. These were completely shot.

(PW wont allow more pics so I'll upload the rest in the next post).

So I went ahead and bought some new NGK iridium plugs. Here's a little trick to make sure you don't cross thread the plugs when you are installing them back in. Saw this on youtube. Buy a small rubber hose that fits on top of the spark plug terminal (1 meter costed me Rs40) and lower the plug into the chamber. The rubber hose allows you a better feel of the plug as you screw it in. If the plug goes in wrong, the rubber hose won't be able to turn the plug any further and damage the threads. Once the plug is securely in, pull out the hose and tighten it up using the socket and bar.

* Before you start with this DIY, disconnect the -ve terminal of the battery. Once done with everything, reconnect the battery, check if any tools are left inside the engine bay, remove those and turn the key to the on position. You might see the RPM do a few calibrations while the ignition is switched ON. Once the rpm needle settles, start the car up without pressing the throttle. Nissan mention not to press on the throttle when these DIYs are done to let the ECU calibrate for the X-trail and that's how I did it on my X-trail as-well as the vitz. I let the engine reach normal running temp before touching the throttle.

** I also replaced the the oil filter and poured Shell Helix Ultra when I did these DIY's. I will be switching back to HX7 when I replace the oil this time. The synthetic oil was used to clean out any build ups inside the engine since I had no idea what oil was used by the previous owner. I also use a 50/50 ratio of regular/HOBC fuel on every refill to counter the knocking issue.

I hope this helps out everyone. Cheers.
    My 1985 Mercedes Benz W201 190D (DIY's, Detailing and Photo-shoots)
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/207432-my-mercedes-c-class-w201

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my vitz 2012 emmite low pressure through silencer and also engine sound like truck tic tic tic what should i do????
    and one thing more when engine is cold it is allright but after 5-10km its shows some issue
    1 vibrate at idle
    2...vibrates when lights or windows buttons on
    3..engine vibration starts etc.........??????????

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umarsaleem143 View Post
    my vitz 2012 emmite low pressure through silencer and also engine sound like truck tic tic tic what should i do????
    Low pressure?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    Low pressure?
    means throw

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can we start auto cars in gear other than P....like D or N

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nawan885 View Post
    Can we start auto cars in gear other than P....like D or N
    Yes u can also Start Car in N mode. but not on D.
    Never underEstimate anyone. Might be a charade has a v8 in his heart.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Assalamualikum guys,

What's the price for vitz 09 and 12 model these days?

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by electrolics View Post
    Assalamualikum guys,

What's the price for vitz 09 and 12 model these days?

09 old shape will cost you around 11 lakhs and 12 model new shape around 14 lakhs

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Friend giving 2011 for 12.75

I sold 2013 driven just 5,200 kms for 14.40

Wassalaam
    Transparency & Trust @ WWW.MYCAR.PK , salaam.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nabeel_Ali View Post
    09 old shape will cost you around 11 lakhs and 12 model new shape around 14 lakhs

Quote Originally Posted by umarmuslim View Post
    Friend giving 2011 for 12.75

I sold 2013 driven just 5,200 kms for 14.40

Wassalaam
    Prices have risen it seems, last year I was getting 11 model for 1180k

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

New 3rd gen vits has cvt or a4t transmission? In 1000cc

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jibranmalik View Post
    Bump Anyone
    This is front screen defogger.

Look closely your front screen must has defogger lines like in back screen, only at bottom and sides

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by edrahool View Post
    New 3rd gen vits has cvt or a4t transmission? In 1000cc
    Cvt

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aoa pakwheelers I need some help for my Toyota Vitz's stereo system it's NSCP-W61

1)Changing the language of the system it's all in japanese I want English

2) The fm radio is from 70mhz to 90mh is there any solution to set the frequency so that it can stream stations like 100 101 103 106.2 etc

3) I saw in a video when the car is turned into reverse guide lines are seen but in mine they are not present it's just simple back display

4) Is there bluetooth feature in this model if yes how to use it

PLEASE HELP ME WITH THESE PROBLEMS I'll be reallly thankfull

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Very informative and useful. Please share the remaining pic. IA I ll try to do all these DIY's by next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by devils_smile View Post
    Seeing a lot of members here who complain about bad idle, engine shuddering on D (when at a standstill) and when the air con is switched on. These problems are more prone on the 1kr-fe engine's but the 1.3's are not spared either. I had the same issues with my vitz so I went ahead and replaced/cleaned a few things.

Note: Its been approx 5k km's since I did these DIY's. My odo was at 93k and its currently done 98k and the symptoms mentioned above have yet to return. So roll your sleeves, grab some tools and get to work.

1) Remove the air box completely. I cleaned the insides using some apc and a flexible cleaning brush gently. Let it dry for 30 minutes. Replaced the old air filter with a new Toyota one fore Rs450. Also, I cleaned the breather hose with a clean cloth. There was oil build up in there. You can remove the breather hose to clean it or do it while its connected to the air box.

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660384

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660385

I also cleaned the inside of the base air filter box with a damp cloth to remove all the stuck dirt.

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660394

2) Next up, the throttle body. These get mega clogged over time. The insides of the tb were jet black in my case. I un-clipped the plug connected to the tb and using pliers, un-clipped the top rubber inlet for the tb. You can let it be there. I did'nt wanna miss out on anything so I removed it before I removed the tb. There are two coolant hoses connected to the tb. Disconnect theses. You might see a little coolant come out, that's normal. Just put them to the side facing upwards but remember which was which. Finally, loosen the 4 bolts holding the tb in place. You don't need to remove them to get the tb out.

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660386

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660387

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660388

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660389

Here's how the tb looked after I was done cleaning it out using a tooth brush, some Carburetor spray and a clean cloth.

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660391

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660392

3) Here is the sensor that need's a lot of attention. Most of you might have skipped on this and you will be surprised how bad the MAP sensors condition is if its been neglected all this time. Its located right behind the TB and is held by 2x10mm bolts. Unclip the connector and gently remove it. It might need a slight wiggle to come out so don't panic if it dose not pop out once the bolts are removed.

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660390

When I removed mine, the sensor was a black oily mess. I didn't capture a before picture but here is how it looked exactly upon removal.

(Reference Picture of a BMW Map sensor)

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660398

Once I cleaned it up ( Carb spray can be used to clean a MAP sensor ) and let it dry, I had a sensor that was ready to do its job properly.

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660393

4) I removed the O2 sensors too. Cleaned them up and put them back in. I did not take any pictures in this case since it's been done here loads of times but I'll still update this post with how to remove them and see if they need replacement or a cleaning will do.

5) Finally, the plugs. Remove the electrical clips from the coils and unscrew the 10mm bolts to remove the coils. I put them in the order I removed them from the car. To remove the old plugs, you need a long reach bar along with a 16mm socket. I got both of them for Rs250 from a local store.

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660395

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660396

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660397

I loosened the plugs and then used a long reach needle nose pliers ( the one dentists use lol ) to take out the plugs. These were completely shot.

(PW wont allow more pics so I'll upload the rest in the next post).

So I went ahead and bought some new NGK iridium plugs. Here's a little trick to make sure you don't cross thread the plugs when you are installing them back in. Saw this on youtube. Buy a small rubber hose that fits on top of the spark plug terminal (1 meter costed me Rs40) and lower the plug into the chamber. The rubber hose allows you a better feel of the plug as you screw it in. If the plug goes in wrong, the rubber hose won't be able to turn the plug any further and damage the threads. Once the plug is securely in, pull out the hose and tighten it up using the socket and bar.

* Before you start with this DIY, disconnect the -ve terminal of the battery. Once done with everything, reconnect the battery, check if any tools are left inside the engine bay, remove those and turn the key to the on position. You might see the RPM do a few calibrations while the ignition is switched ON. Once the rpm needle settles, start the car up without pressing the throttle. Nissan mention not to press on the throttle when these DIYs are done to let the ECU calibrate for the X-trail and that's how I did it on my X-trail as-well as the vitz. I let the engine reach normal running temp before touching the throttle.

** I also replaced the the oil filter and poured Shell Helix Ultra when I did these DIY's. I will be switching back to HX7 when I replace the oil this time. The synthetic oil was used to clean out any build ups inside the engine since I had no idea what oil was used by the previous owner. I also use a 50/50 ratio of regular/HOBC fuel on every refill to counter the knocking issue.

I hope this helps out everyone. Cheers.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Pakwheelers after getting no solutions for the in dash dvd system of my vitz now I wanted to tell my dear vitz brothers that Alhamdulillah I've bought the Toyota Vitz. It's a 2015 model and 2016 import driven 11,500 kms and is 5 grade. I want some help here.. according to my personal inspection that japani bhai woh owned the car before me was careless in maintaining the engine I found out that the oil is not changed before importing and so are the filters etc.. so what should I do for the maintenance like I'm new to vitz so can someone list down the maintenance list which should be coverd after like 11,000 kms.. I'll be really thankfull. It's a 1kr - fe and I'll be uploading the pics soon Insha Allah.. plus what would be the fuel consumption in city n highway with n without ac
    #peace

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fahad.bari4434 View Post
    Dear Pakwheelers after getting no solutions for the in dash dvd system of my vitz now I wanted to tell my dear vitz brothers that Alhamdulillah I've bought the Toyota Vitz. It's a 2015 model and 2016 import driven 11,500 kms and is 5 grade. I want some help here.. according to my personal inspection that japani bhai woh owned the car before me was careless in maintaining the engine I found out that the oil is not changed before importing and so are the filters etc.. so what should I do for the maintenance like I'm new to vitz so can someone list down the maintenance list which should be coverd after like 11,000 kms.. I'll be really thankfull. It's a 1kr - fe and I'll be uploading the pics soon Insha Allah.. plus what would be the fuel consumption in city n highway with n without ac
    #peace
    First of all congradulations bro. Secondly, get the oil changed to mobilone 5w-30 or 5w-40 semi synthetic oil thats best for vitz. get air filter changed and get original ones. No further tuning is needed as car is brand new.
    Lastly kindly post pictures of your ride and give a review of it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nabeel_Ali View Post
    First of all congradulations bro. Secondly, get the oil changed to mobilone 5w-30 or 5w-40 semi synthetic oil thats best for vitz. get air filter changed and get original ones. No further tuning is needed as car is brand new.
    Lastly kindly post pictures of your ride and give a review of it.

Thanks bro and surely I'll post them soon.. and can you tell me till how much km's do those mobilone oils don't need to be changed and the cost plus is there any specific company of the genuine air filters of vitz or it will be available at any toyota dealership
    Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fahad.bari4434 View Post
    Thanks bro and surely I'll post them soon.. and can you tell me till how much km's do those mobilone oils don't need to be changed and the cost plus is there any specific company of the genuine air filters of vitz or it will be available at any toyota dealership
    Thanks
    Mobilone easily lasts 5000kms and you can go to filter house for oil change and genuine filters. They will provide you everything of vitz

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brother, simple solution is to get it changed.
    FM radio range is fixed, cannot be changed.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List