0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

in any case and condition, change engine & transmission oil as soon as u get the car... and also filters... beyshakk 5000km hee kyun na chali ho..

Quote Originally Posted by fahad.bari4434 View Post
    Dear Pakwheelers after getting no solutions for the in dash dvd system of my vitz now I wanted to tell my dear vitz brothers that Alhamdulillah I've bought the Toyota Vitz. It's a 2015 model and 2016 import driven 11,500 kms and is 5 grade. I want some help here.. according to my personal inspection that japani bhai woh owned the car before me was careless in maintaining the engine I found out that the oil is not changed before importing and so are the filters etc.. so what should I do for the maintenance like I'm new to vitz so can someone list down the maintenance list which should be coverd after like 11,000 kms.. I'll be really thankfull. It's a 1kr - fe and I'll be uploading the pics soon Insha Allah.. plus what would be the fuel consumption in city n highway with n without ac
    #peace

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waqasik View Post
    brother, simple solution is to get it changed.
    FM radio range is fixed, cannot be changed.
    Yup unfortunately :/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Anyone using 16" rims on a second generation vitz?
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Has anyone instead fog lights in 2013 model fl vitz.. which brand is best and what's avg price

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello everyone, I'm addicted to this thread. I started reading since I bought my vitz. Its 2007 white colour 2009 registered. Got lots of information from here. Thankfully all. Now I wanna modify or do some sticker work on lights and bumper. What do u say. I seen few pics on net.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nawan885 View Post
    Has anyone instead fog lights in 2013 model fl vitz.. which brand is best and what's avg price
    Try to find oem valeo (Avg price 8k to 12k) fog lamps, if you want quality. otherwise Dlaa or depo(avg price 3 to 4k) are easily available, but of no use due to poor quality.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    Anyone using 16" rims on a second generation vitz?
    If it is 1kr-fe. then a big no to 16".Max you can for 15 with 185-60-15 tire same as Suzuki Swift.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Uashah007 View Post
    If it is 1kr-fe. then a big no to 16".Max you can for 15 with 185-60-15 tire same as Suzuki Swift.
    Did my homework,

195/50/16 can go decently, But i cant find this size anywhere, I found one guy who had 3 tires

So il probably drop the idea

http://www.wheel-size.com/size/toyota/vitz/
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MinhasRajput View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm addicted to this thread. I started reading since I bought my vitz. Its 2007 white colour 2009 registered. Got lots of information from here. Thankfully all. Now I wanna modify or do some sticker work on lights and bumper. What do u say. I seen few pics on net.
    Better to leave it stock...
    Keep Faith in Allah...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=chinyoti;5035483]Did my homework,

195/50/16 can go decently, But i cant find this size anywhere, I found one guy who had 3 tires

The tire size you are referring is meant for Vitz Rs with 1.5 or 1.3 engine. by no i dont mean, they wont fit or something. i said no because you will be facing suspensions issues, significantly millage drop. and pick related issues with 1kr. otherwise i have seen Vitz's with 17" even.
    i think you like big rims, get a decent pair of 15", with 195-50-15 and you are good to go.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=Uashah007;5035901]
    Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    Did my homework,

The tire size you are referring is meant for Vitz Rs with 1.5 or 1.3 engine. by no i dont mean, they wont fit or something. i said no because you will be facing suspensions issues, significantly millage drop. and pick related issues with 1kr. otherwise i have seen Vitz's with 17" even.
    i think you like big rims, get a decent pair of 15", with 195-50-15 and you are good to go.
    Nae yar actually had been looking for lenso s2, didn't find anything eventually got my hands on a 16" similar set.

But I'm probably dropping the idea 1kr is sometimes really a pain to drive. With heavy rims it's going to die.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

vitz 2010 black color for sale in lahore

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/car...re#post5033812
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MADDYBOY View Post
    vitz 2010 black color for sale in lahore

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/car...re#post5033812

Is it 1.3...?
    Keep Faith in Allah...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DrUsmanNawaz View Post
    Is it 1.3...?
    no it is 1.0
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Anyone got this installed? Saw on a facebook page "JDM Experts"
    Attached Images Attached Images   

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fahad.bari4434 View Post
    Anyone got this installed? Saw on a facebook page "JDM Experts"
    Is there any less costly option?
    Driving safe is better than not being able to drive..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devils_smile View Post
    Seeing a lot of members here who complain about bad idle, engine shuddering on D (when at a standstill) and when the air con is switched on. These problems are more prone on the 1kr-fe engine's but the 1.3's are not spared either. I had the same issues with my vitz so I went ahead and replaced/cleaned a few things.

Note: Its been approx 5k km's since I did these DIY's. My odo was at 93k and its currently done 98k and the symptoms mentioned above have yet to return. So roll your sleeves, grab some tools and get to work.

1) Remove the air box completely. I cleaned the insides using some apc and a flexible cleaning brush gently. Let it dry for 30 minutes. Replaced the old air filter with a new Toyota one fore Rs450. Also, I cleaned the breather hose with a clean cloth. There was oil build up in there. You can remove the breather hose to clean it or do it while its connected to the air box.

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660384

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660385

I also cleaned the inside of the base air filter box with a damp cloth to remove all the stuck dirt.

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660394

2) Next up, the throttle body. These get mega clogged over time. The insides of the tb were jet black in my case. I un-clipped the plug connected to the tb and using pliers, un-clipped the top rubber inlet for the tb. You can let it be there. I did'nt wanna miss out on anything so I removed it before I removed the tb. There are two coolant hoses connected to the tb. Disconnect theses. You might see a little coolant come out, that's normal. Just put them to the side facing upwards but remember which was which. Finally, loosen the 4 bolts holding the tb in place. You don't need to remove them to get the tb out.

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660386

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660387

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660388

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660389

Here's how the tb looked after I was done cleaning it out using a tooth brush, some Carburetor spray and a clean cloth.

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660391

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660392

3) Here is the sensor that need's a lot of attention. Most of you might have skipped on this and you will be surprised how bad the MAP sensors condition is if its been neglected all this time. Its located right behind the TB and is held by 2x10mm bolts. Unclip the connector and gently remove it. It might need a slight wiggle to come out so don't panic if it dose not pop out once the bolts are removed.

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660390

When I removed mine, the sensor was a black oily mess. I didn't capture a before picture but here is how it looked exactly upon removal.

(Reference Picture of a BMW Map sensor)

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660398

Once I cleaned it up ( Carb spray can be used to clean a MAP sensor ) and let it dry, I had a sensor that was ready to do its job properly.

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660393

4) I removed the O2 sensors too. Cleaned them up and put them back in. I did not take any pictures in this case since it's been done here loads of times but I'll still update this post with how to remove them and see if they need replacement or a cleaning will do.

5) Finally, the plugs. Remove the electrical clips from the coils and unscrew the 10mm bolts to remove the coils. I put them in the order I removed them from the car. To remove the old plugs, you need a long reach bar along with a 16mm socket. I got both of them for Rs250 from a local store.

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660395

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660396

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1660397

I loosened the plugs and then used a long reach needle nose pliers ( the one dentists use lol ) to take out the plugs. These were completely shot.

(PW wont allow more pics so I'll upload the rest in the next post).

So I went ahead and bought some new NGK iridium plugs. Here's a little trick to make sure you don't cross thread the plugs when you are installing them back in. Saw this on youtube. Buy a small rubber hose that fits on top of the spark plug terminal (1 meter costed me Rs40) and lower the plug into the chamber. The rubber hose allows you a better feel of the plug as you screw it in. If the plug goes in wrong, the rubber hose won't be able to turn the plug any further and damage the threads. Once the plug is securely in, pull out the hose and tighten it up using the socket and bar.

* Before you start with this DIY, disconnect the -ve terminal of the battery. Once done with everything, reconnect the battery, check if any tools are left inside the engine bay, remove those and turn the key to the on position. You might see the RPM do a few calibrations while the ignition is switched ON. Once the rpm needle settles, start the car up without pressing the throttle. Nissan mention not to press on the throttle when these DIYs are done to let the ECU calibrate for the X-trail and that's how I did it on my X-trail as-well as the vitz. I let the engine reach normal running temp before touching the throttle.

** I also replaced the the oil filter and poured Shell Helix Ultra when I did these DIY's. I will be switching back to HX7 when I replace the oil this time. The synthetic oil was used to clean out any build ups inside the engine since I had no idea what oil was used by the previous owner. I also use a 50/50 ratio of regular/HOBC fuel on every refill to counter the knocking issue.

I hope this helps out everyone. Cheers.

It was indeed helpful. Only one question why do you wanna switch back to hx7 as it is 10w-40 whereas ultra is 5w-40 and the manual suggests to use 5w-30??? I mean arent we suppose to use the 5w instead of 10w???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Plz give suggestions where to get seat covers in lahore and estimated cost.
    Driving safe is better than not being able to drive..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

VITZ 2009, 115000 K.M. driven, 1000cc

The car pickup was really bad when pressing the accelerator the car would not response properly like it was suffocated,
    On D the engine was vibrating while standing still
    with ac the engine trembled pretty badly,
    mileage was 10 in the city and 12 on highway,
    took a long sulf to start also
    rear shock was also in pretty bad condition
    black carbon in the silencer
    the gear shifter was also a bit hard

So did some work on the car (took 2 days)

DAY - 1 (Yesterday)

Complete tuning was done and by complete i mean complete (total Labor for tuning Rs.3000/-)

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1671932

1. Spark plugs changed (Denso irridium Sk20HR11) (Rs.1000 each = total 3 Rs. 3000)

New one and old one

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1671933

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1671934

2. Cleaned Throttle Body using NASA carburetor cleaner (Rs.200)

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1671935

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1671936

3. Cleaned fuel injectors and injector rail using Nasa carburetor cleaner

injector were cleaned by connecting wires with injectors and battery

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1671937

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1671938

4. Fuel filter cleaned ( removed from petrol tank)

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1671939

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1671940

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1671941

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1671942

5. Oxygen sensor cleaned and Catalytic converter cleaned ( as it was completely choked)

Catalytic converter was cleaned using Acid (taizab Rs. 100) as it was pored in from one side and left for some time inside then cleaned with water pressure thrice

oxygen sensor after removal (dirty)

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1671943

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1671944

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1671945

6. MAP sensor cleaned with NASA carburetor cleaner
    as map sensor is located beneath the throttle body

7. Air filter changed (Rs.600 good quality not genuine)

8. A/C filter was also installed under the dash board
    (Rs.400 good quality not genuine)

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -1671948

9. Car was diagnosed with Launch X431 diagnostic toll
    Initially there were some error codes but once cleaned and reset after that Alhumdullilah there were no errors checked all the systems engine, ABS, Airbag, etc etc. all was working good.

The 1st day ended started the work at around 2:30 p.m and ended at 7:30 p.m

Difference after all the work done

Excellent starting just a slight sulf and car starts

No vibration at idle and in D gear

No vibration with A/C on

No difference at all in engine noise and vibration inside the cabin with A/C on and off

Excellent pick and acceleration

The car is very responsive as compared to before

The car has become very light and there is a lot of difference in the drive

The black carbon from the silencer tip is also reduced a lot a signifacnat difference from before

Rest fuel average will be known in coming weeks but i am sure inshaallah it would improve also both in city and highway

The work paid off well at the end

Day 2 (today in the next post)

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List