Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 597 of 605 FirstFirst ... 97497547587595596597598599 ... LastLast
Results 11,921 to 11,940 of 12081
Like Tree1572Likes

Thread: Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    obz3ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dubai
    Age
    40
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

    The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

  2. #11921
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    COOLTAHIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    19
    Posts
    4,702
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saadkhan35 View Post
    Has any one faced a limp mode in vitz?

    Today while getting back from ISB in motorway my car refused to go beyond 60kmph.

    Problem started when engine would rev up but no increase in speed and when i release the paddle it eases off but stays on same speed. So speed remain same 60 or 70 regardless of how much the engine revs.

    There is no check light. Car starts fine.

    Is this a sign of CVT failure? By the way i drove back 300km on 60kmph.
    bro did u changed cvt oil in recent days ? because this is a problem of cvt transmission because of pouring wrong cvt oil. it can even destroy whole cvt transmision so get it diagnosed as soon as possible.

    Sent from my Infinix-X600-LTE using PW Forums mobile app
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

  3. #11922
    PakWheeler Follow
    saadkhan35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by COOLTAHIR View Post
    bro did u changed cvt oil in recent days ? because this is a problem of cvt transmission because of pouring wrong cvt oil. it can even destroy whole cvt transmision so get it diagnosed as soon as possible.

    Sent from my Infinix-X600-LTE using PW Forums mobile app
    CVT oil was changed i think 5 - 6k KM ago. And it was bought from toyota center. CVT - TC that silver can. So that i am sure was correct oil and the amount which got in and out was approximately same as well.

    Ill go tommorow to get it scanned. Cant find any one with same symptom but i read its a limp mode in vitz which is activated when some thing is malfunctioning.

    Can be CVT but i am not hearing any unusual sound or burn etc.

    By the way within City run my Vitz never reduced water. Even in june and july. But a trip to ISB reduced water around half litre side bottle was empty and little bit was poured in radiator as well. Same thing when i got back so this reduction of water on long run is fine?

  4. #11923
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    COOLTAHIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    19
    Posts
    4,702
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saadkhan35 View Post
    CVT oil was changed i think 5 - 6k KM ago. And it was bought from toyota center. CVT - TC that silver can. So that i am sure was correct oil and the amount which got in and out was approximately same as well.

    Ill go tommorow to get it scanned. Cant find any one with same symptom but i read its a limp mode in vitz which is activated when some thing is malfunctioning.

    Can be CVT but i am not hearing any unusual sound or burn etc.

    By the way within City run my Vitz never reduced water. Even in june and july. But a trip to ISB reduced water around half litre side bottle was empty and little bit was poured in radiator as well. Same thing when i got back so this reduction of water on long run is fine?
    from what i've heared is 90% of vitz which came in pak have little to more weaker engines.
    my vitz never droped a inch of water ALHAMDOLILLAH.
    although i dont know about limp mode you will know whats the prob once its connected with obd2 scanner.
    btw did you self imported ur vitz or bought from dealer with varifiable auction sheet ?

    Sent from my Infinix-X600-LTE using PW Forums mobile app
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

  5. #11924
    PakWheeler Follow
    saadkhan35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by COOLTAHIR View Post
    from what i've heared is 90% of vitz which came in pak have little to more weaker engines.
    my vitz never droped a inch of water ALHAMDOLILLAH.
    although i dont know about limp mode you will know whats the prob once its connected with obd2 scanner.
    btw did you self imported ur vitz or bought from dealer with varifiable auction sheet ?

    Sent from my Infinix-X600-LTE using PW Forums mobile app
    no bought it from a dealer a year ago, got a lot of documents, not sure which one is the auction sheet, there are some in Chinese as well.

    i have been to Multan via GT Road in scorching heat with AC turned ON and not even a single drop was reduced.

    but this time when i went to ISB for first time on this car. firstly i had to used "S" gear in salt range, we were only 2 persons on board. there was a large squealing type noise and i am sure thats CVT. although full throttle was not needed but max i went there in some corners was 60kmph, after that switched to D and everything was running fine, spent a day in ISB and drove around 100KM within city and it was fine, while returning back for LHR i checked the water and there was nothing in side bottle and radiator wasnt filled up to top as well, so i poured nearly half litter and started my journey.

    while coming back after i think 50 - 60km i noticed the issue that car was having a hard time going beyond 100kmph and it was hard for it on some steep roads there was power loss so i had to switch to "S" mode in some places and max speed i went to was 80kmph, so sensing some thing is wrong, i took a break at chakri, let the car cool down for 40 minutes or so, checked the water level and it was full at that point. so i started my journey again but after salt ranges max speed car could achieve was 80kmph, no matter how much i rev it would stay at 80 and actually if i rev more i would notice that speed is reducing rather then increasing. so i thought better to get safely back rather than trying to push more.

    any how eventually speed got dropped from 80 to 70 and then stayed at 60 for whole journey. Alhamdulilah got back to lahore. but within city car behaved worst it would not go beyond 20 no matter how much accellerator is pressed, engine would rev up but no increase in speed. but as soon as i let go of the throttle it would accelerate to 60 and stay there. so neogtiated that as well and got back home. Allah ka shukar hai.

  6. #11925
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    COOLTAHIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    19
    Posts
    4,702
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saadkhan35 View Post
    no bought it from a dealer a year ago, got a lot of documents, not sure which one is the auction sheet, there are some in Chinese as well.

    i have been to Multan via GT Road in scorching heat with AC turned ON and not even a single drop was reduced.

    but this time when i went to ISB for first time on this car. firstly i had to used "S" gear in salt range, we were only 2 persons on board. there was a large squealing type noise and i am sure thats CVT. although full throttle was not needed but max i went there in some corners was 60kmph, after that switched to D and everything was running fine, spent a day in ISB and drove around 100KM within city and it was fine, while returning back for LHR i checked the water and there was nothing in side bottle and radiator wasnt filled up to top as well, so i poured nearly half litter and started my journey.

    while coming back after i think 50 - 60km i noticed the issue that car was having a hard time going beyond 100kmph and it was hard for it on some steep roads there was power loss so i had to switch to "S" mode in some places and max speed i went to was 80kmph, so sensing some thing is wrong, i took a break at chakri, let the car cool down for 40 minutes or so, checked the water level and it was full at that point. so i started my journey again but after salt ranges max speed car could achieve was 80kmph, no matter how much i rev it would stay at 80 and actually if i rev more i would notice that speed is reducing rather then increasing. so i thought better to get safely back rather than trying to push more.

    any how eventually speed got dropped from 80 to 70 and then stayed at 60 for whole journey. Alhamdulilah got back to lahore. but within city car behaved worst it would not go beyond 20 no matter how much accellerator is pressed, engine would rev up but no increase in speed. but as soon as i let go of the throttle it would accelerate to 60 and stay there. so neogtiated that as well and got back home. Allah ka shukar hai.
    bro im asking about auction sheet because. majority of jdm cars in pak are repaired so they create problems.
    the above prob you mentioned is related to cvt transmission. when wrong oil is poured in cvt transmission chains/gears gets sliped with each other thats why car strugles to change gears.
    get it checked from toyota asap.


    Sent from my Infinix-X600-LTE using PW Forums mobile app
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

  7. #11926
    PakWheeler Follow
    husnain78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    My Vitz Experience
    I have Vitz (1KR-Fe) model 2011, got 6 months ago from a person who driven around 10K in Pakistan. I have driven it around 10K so far. I have changed oil/oil filter twice, spark plugs and tires. It shows 67K on odo. My car is running very smooth (Masha-Allah) and I am much satisfied. It gives 13Km/Lit with ac and 17Km/Lit without ac in city. It gives 17 Km/lit with ac on long (highway and motorway) and 21Km/Lit without ac on long. In a recent trip (around 500Km Taunsa-Islamabad) coming back from Eid, it gives 20Km/Lit (with 50% travel on ac).

  8. #11927
    PakWheeler Follow
    vikky1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I have purchased vitz 2012 with 70k mileage. It was fine in the starting but now i'm hearing some weird noises. Has any one experienced these noises like kurrr kurr sound coming from doors?

  9. #11928
    PakWheeler Follow
    mastspidy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saadkhan35 View Post
    Has any one faced a limp mode in vitz?

    Today while getting back from ISB in motorway my car refused to go beyond 60kmph.

    Problem started when engine would rev up but no increase in speed and when i release the paddle it eases off but stays on same speed. So speed remain same 60 or 70 regardless of how much the engine revs.

    There is no check light. Car starts fine.

    Is this a sign of CVT failure? By the way i drove back 300km on 60kmph.
    2 months back i had the same problem on Motorway. i tried everything but car didn't cross 60kmph.

    The CAT was fully choked. After reaching pindi, CAT was cleaned and Thats it, everything back to normal.

  10. #11929
    PakWheeler Follow
    walls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    30
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mastspidy View Post
    2 months back i had the same problem on Motorway. i tried everything but car didn't cross 60kmph.

    The CAT was fully choked. After reaching pindi, CAT was cleaned and Thats it, everything back to normal.
    From where you got cat cleaned and what are the charges?

  11. #11930
    PakWheeler Follow
    mastspidy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walls View Post
    From where you got cat cleaned and what are the charges?
    Paid 4000.
    Rehman Autos Pindi

  12. #11931
    PakWheeler Follow
    hellomobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    36
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walls View Post
    From where you got cat cleaned and what are the charges?
    I had this problem due to catalyic converter choked, Go to magic moter at model town lahore ,i paid 2000 for this https://www.facebook.com/MagicMotors/?fref=ts

  13. #11932
    PakWheeler Follow
    saadkhan35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mastspidy View Post
    2 months back i had the same problem on Motorway. i tried everything but car didn't cross 60kmph.

    The CAT was fully choked. After reaching pindi, CAT was cleaned and Thats it, everything back to normal.
    Thank you, that was indeed the problem, cat was fully choked.

    i took it to Toyota Cantt Motors, they dont clean it and dont have the part either so they recommend to break it, so i went to another shop and got it cleaned for Rs. 1000/-

    and car is perfect now. lost power is back.

    how did they clean yours?

  14. #11933
    PakWheeler Follow
    omer.s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    30
    Posts
    590
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saadkhan35 View Post
    Thank you, that was indeed the problem, cat was fully choked.

    i took it to Toyota Cantt Motors, they dont clean it and dont have the part either so they recommend to break it, so i went to another shop and got it cleaned for Rs. 1000/-

    and car is perfect now. lost power is back.

    how did they clean yours?
    Can you tell me the shop name from you cleaned your cat converter?and where it is located and how he cleans the cat ?

    Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using PW Forums mobile app

  15. #11934
    PakWheeler Follow
    mastspidy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saadkhan35 View Post
    Thank you, that was indeed the problem, cat was fully choked.

    i took it to Toyota Cantt Motors, they dont clean it and dont have the part either so they recommend to break it, so i went to another shop and got it cleaned for Rs. 1000/-

    and car is perfect now. lost power is back.

    how did they clean yours?
    They used some chemical for the cleaning.

    Rs. 1000 is very reasonable. Can you share the Shop's location and name ?

  16. #11935
    PakWheeler Follow
    saadkhan35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omer.s View Post
    Can you tell me the shop name from you cleaned your cat converter?and where it is located and how he cleans the cat ?

    Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using PW Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by mastspidy View Post
    They used some chemical for the cleaning.

    Rs. 1000 is very reasonable. Can you share the Shop's location and name ?
    Guys i dont know the workshop name but its located on bedian road. Near Askari 11. Workshop is opposite to Shell Petrol pump. Mechanic name is Jamil he is known by his nick name "Hero".

    Procedure was simple cleaned it up with detergent and then bit of pressurize water. After that dried it up with air and petrol.

    Lets see how long it works. The way it was clogged i am assuming a yearly service is necessary.

  17. #11936
    PakWheeler Follow
    nawan885's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    36
    Posts
    603
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Dear vitz user..what is avg inclination where you have used your vitz..I have 2013 model vitz and last week I went to area where inclination was almost 30 degree or more..3 people on board..no issues in D gear..but at a sharp turn it didn't go back in R. But it went back smoothly in straight road..inclination was a bit more

    Sent from my SM-A510F using PW Forums mobile app

  18. #11937
    PakWheeler Follow
    walls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    30
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Dear All

    Few days back I shared about STP Fuel injector cleaner I pour in my vitz 2nd generation.
    Intialy it was good.. but..
    After almost fuel tank at end
    The results are;
    1. CAR VIBRATING EXTREMELY
    2. KNOCKING PROBLEM ON EXTREME.
    3. LOW FUEL AVG
    Lets see what happened next..
    fuel light is blinking and I will end this fuel soon and then will get some fuel will high octane mixture.


    Sent from my GT-I9192 using PW Forums mobile app

  19. #11938
    PakWheeler Follow
    walls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    30
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default



    My vitz engine
    something is burning inside due to stp fuel injector cleaner
    Engine is dirty too from inside.

  20. #11939
    PakWheeler Follow
    walls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    30
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I have to get my engine oil change and with engine oil filter as soon as possible..

    Sent from my GT-I9192 using PW Forums mobile app

  21. #11940
    PakWheeler Follow
    xubair.ashraf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    231
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walls View Post
    Dear All

    Few days back I shared about STP Fuel injector cleaner I pour in my vitz 2nd generation.
    Intialy it was good.. but..
    After almost fuel tank at end
    The results are;
    1. CAR VIBRATING EXTREMELY
    2. KNOCKING PROBLEM ON EXTREME.
    3. LOW FUEL AVG
    Lets see what happened next..
    fuel light is blinking and I will end this fuel soon and then will get some fuel will high octane mixture.


    Sent from my GT-I9192 using PW Forums mobile app
    What was the reason for pouring this injector?


    Sent from my QTab Q1000 using PW Forums mobile app
    Driving safe is better than not being able to drive..

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •