0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Yasirshafeeq View Post
    Means if using 5W 30 then go for 10W 40. or Toyota Petron Multigrade 20W 50 .
    Great Jazak Allah for the assistance brother i must try this

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Yasirshafeeq View Post
    Means if using 5W 30 then go for 10W 40. or Toyota Petron Multigrade 20W 50 .
    10w40 may be thicker than required. Try 10W30 or 5w40.
    Don't leave a highway for a byway....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imrananr View Post
    10w40 may be thicker than required. Try 10W30 or 5w40.
    Brother Imran How thick oil helped me in this position if my engine is weak now? and what exactly oil helped me to come up in this situation? is their any any proper mechanic in karachi who helped me and diagnose the actual problem.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aoa.
    Can anyone mail me the Owners manual/service manual?

Sent from my SM-J700H using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by syedalidee View Post
    Brother Imran How thick oil helped me in this position if my engine is weak now? and what exactly oil helped me to come up in this situation? is their any any proper mechanic in karachi who helped me and diagnose the actual problem.
    A compression test determines the mechanical condition of an engine in terms of oil leaking into the combustion chamber causing fouling of plugs, loss of compression etc.

Using a thicker oil is a temporary solution to arrest or perhaps decrease oil leakage Ito the combustion chamber. But this may consequently increase the clearances ( wear and tear) and you may have to spend more on major overhauling. At the moment, top overhaul may solve all the problems you are experiencing.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Red face Newb buys his first car.

As salam u alaikum guys,

Just purchased my first car, haven't owned one before. Learned how to drive at the age of 28. Since I'm a complete noob and has no experience whatsoever. Would be great if someone could guide me as to what I should do first.

Bought a Vitz 2013 in Pearl White, 4.5 Grade, has 47K on ODO. I went through the whole forum and found @fouadbakht checklist which looked interesting. One of my friend who has owned a Vitz 2nd Gen recommended me to go with a few from his checklist.

1. Engine Oil Change
    2. Engine Oil Filter Replacement
    3. Air Filter Replacement
    4. Spark Plugs Replacement

The rest were a NO GO from him as he said ... If there's nothing wrong with the car then why finger it.

Hoping to hear from you guys! specially @Nabeel_Ali

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abduuu View Post
    As salam u alaikum guys,

Just purchased my first car, haven't owned one before. Learned how to drive at the age of 28. Since I'm a complete noob and has no experience whatsoever. Would be great if someone could guide me as to what I should do first.

Bought a Vitz 2013 in Pearl White, 4.5 Grade, has 47K on ODO. I went through the whole forum and found @fouadbakht checklist which looked interesting. One of my friend who has owned a Vitz 2nd Gen recommended me to go with a few from his checklist.

1. Engine Oil Change
    2. Engine Oil Filter Replacement
    3. Air Filter Replacement
    4. Spark Plugs Replacement

The rest were a NO GO from him as he said ... If there's nothing wrong with the car then why finger it.

Hoping to hear from you guys! specially @Nabeel_Ali
    He's right. But consider changing the CVT transmission oil.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A compression test determines the mechanical condition of an engine in terms of oil leaking into the combustion chamber causing fouling of plugs, loss of compression etc.

Using a thicker oil is a temporary solution to arrest or perhaps decrease oil leakage Ito the combustion chamber. But this may consequently increase the clearances ( wear and tear) and you may have to spend more on major overhauling. At the moment, top overhaul may solve all the problems you are experiencing.
    so whats your opinion shall i go for top overhauling and if yes please also recommend the appropriate mechanic and place in Karachi please.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

so whats your opinion shall i go for top overhauling and if yes please also recommend the appropriate mechanic and place in Karachi please.
    oh meray bhai aesay hi overhaul per na chalay jao. do a proper test, kitna arsa hogaya hai gari liyay huay, oil reduction hai koi? starting ma smoke hai? plugs ma oil hai? wese bhi mousam change ho raha hai ho sakta hai its vapour..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saadkhan35 View Post
    oh meray bhai aesay hi overhaul per na chalay jao. do a proper test, kitna arsa hogaya hai gari liyay huay, oil reduction hai koi? starting ma smoke hai? plugs ma oil hai? wese bhi mousam change ho raha hai ho sakta hai its vapour..
    Just bought a month back, that's what i wanted to know from where i can have that test or person can check properly the actual reason?
    I changed all plugs oil and filters at the time of purchasing and there was no oil on the plugs however plugs was full blown, its giving smoke in idle condition when i gave hard throttle.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Once confirmed that top overhauling shall solve the issue you may go ahead with it which usually involves piston ring replacement and valves seal replacement / head overhauling.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Once confirmed that top overhauling shall solve the issue you may go ahead with it which usually involves piston ring replacement and valves seal replacement / head overhauling.
    How and whom will confirm in this regard? any one expert in karachi for best solution?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

He's right. But consider changing the CVT transmission oil.
    Any way of knowing whether i should change it or not? Like a sign or something.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How and whom will confirm in this regard? any one expert in karachi for best solution?
    Sorry bro, I am from Punjab and donot know any mechanic in Karachi. Why not get a second opinion from Toyota dealership. Let them physically check it. I mean the white smoke issue of burning of engine oil.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sorry bro, I am from Punjab and donot know any mechanic in Karachi. Why not get a second opinion from Toyota dealership. Let them physically check it. I mean the white smoke issue of burning of engine oil.
    Brother i visited toyota eastern motors for checkup he told me that engine has back combustion however i am not satisfied because of his careless attitude because how it suddenly start given smoke as it was not appeared before, i also discuss with another mech he told me that you used wrong oil that's why car gave smoke, (which replaced with shell 5w30 now) as this is my first experience of Japanese car and i just bought it that's why i am not so sure what to do.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any way of knowing whether i should change it or not? Like a sign or something.
    It's done on the mileage a vehicle has driven. Usually, for vitz CVT 40,000 KM is recommended as here on Pakwheels forum, where as some say on 50,000 and some say 60,000. Since ur vehicle has done 47,000 KM and considering it to be true then u may go ahead with the CVT oil change, but only from Toyoya service agent with genuine recommended oil and parts.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It's done on the mileage a vehicle has driven. Usually, for vitz CVT 40,000 KM is recommended as here on Pakwheels forum, where as some say on 50,000 and some say 60,000. Since ur vehicle has done 47,000 KM and considering it to be true then u may go ahead with the CVT oil change, but only from Toyoya service agent with genuine recommended oil and parts.
    Okie Dokie! Will do that. Will be getting these things done this Saturday. As for the car, loving it so far.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother i visited toyota eastern motors for checkup he told me that engine has back combustion however i am not satisfied because of his careless attitude because how it suddenly start given smoke as it was not appeared before, i also discuss with another mech he told me that you used wrong oil that's why car gave smoke, (which replaced with shell 5w30 now) as this is my first experience of Japanese car and i just bought it that's why i am not so sure what to do.
    yaar agar ap lahore ma hotay to i would have recommended you to some experts but i think you are in karachi so i guess members from karachi can help you better.

but please hasty decision na lena, kay foran overhaul karanay nikal chalo, abhi 1 month hua hai observe your self as well if there is oil reduction or any thing. 3, 4 logon say opinion lo, overhaul is a big decision...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Okie Dokie! Will do that. Will be getting these things done this Saturday. As for the car, loving it so far.
    Only from Toyota dealer /agent using original Toyota oil for CVT transmission. NOte that CVT transmission oil is specifically for Toyota CVT transmission and available at Toyota dealership. Also, every mechanic cannot easily replace it. So, get the job done from Toyota dealer/ agent.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Only from Toyota dealer /agent using original Toyota oil for CVT transmission. NOte that CVT transmission oil is specifically for Toyota CVT transmission and available at Toyota dealership. Also, every mechanic cannot easily replace it. So, get the job done from Toyota dealer/ agent.
    JazakAllah brother. Will definitely be going to the dealership.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List