0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wat about pcv valve? I heard that needs to be replaced after 120000 kms. Saw it on the DIY site on MSN.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and if we don't service the radiator, how do we clean it? like how do i get new coolant?

and about brakes, they seem to be working pretty fine. do i still need to get serviced? brake oil should be enough i guess.

and lately, for almost a week, my car vibrates a bit if i stop at signals on D gear and put my foot on the brake. is it normal? mind you its not a lot of vibration but a little vibration.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Tyrone
    Yes if your car has been driven for more than 120,000 KMs you should change the PCV valve as well. But make sure you get the original one in replacement since the wrong PCV valve for an application can flow too much or too little air causing driveability problems.

@Sqahar
    To change the coolant, just drain the current fluid and top your radiator up with the new one. Also as frequently as you get your Air Filter cleaned, also get your radiator web cleaned. Thats all for the radiator maintainance.
    The vibration however is a complicated issue, it be due to the clogged Air Filter or the bad quality of CNG or for that matter maybe the setting of your kit needs to be redone etc. Get it checked by some Ustaad Mechanic
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no CNG. petrol only. cant stand in queues... get claustrophobic u know

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hahahah ur like me sqahar

It could be ur ABS when u press the brake pedal.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

solution?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ABS?
    Well I think it has got nothing to do with the engine, it does put a little load on the battery though but only when it is activated and it is activated only when you apply brakes on a moving vehicle. Out of the 360 degree rotation of the tyre, it frees up the brakes applied for some degrees so as to avoid the freezing/jamming of the wheels and thats all.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I've got a few questions too!

First, about the radiator. No way I am gona let a road side mechanic even come close to it so, how am I suppose to get the web cleaned? Air blow it? Wash it? Any advice? And from where?

Second, when you have drained radiator and coolant box both, what to do? fill the radiator with water and the coolant box with coolant or fill both with coolant? Also, what coolant would you advice?

Third, I have noticed that you do not need to press the gear shift button while driving on D and shifting to N, 2 or L. It's only needed when you need to pass the "R" geat. Someone recenrly told me that it's a "bad habbit" to press the button if you are not crossing the R gear as the gear shift button is there ONLY when you need to pass through R gear or to get to the R gear as he also said that it's a safety method to make sure you don't get to the Reverse mode while drivint the car.

Is it okay to not press the button and change the gear from D to 2 or D to N or D to L and vice versa.

Fourth, Can you shift from D to N and vice versa while you are driving your car? As in when the car is in motion. Would it hurt the transmission, engine?
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@zeeshan

Another question to add to urs. Sometimes when I switch off the car without putting the gear in P mode and the key doesnt come out. So I just switch the key one notch (without switching on the engine) so the dash comes on and then shift to P mode to remove the key. Is that ok

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ZeeshanSyed
    First on the radiator web. The best way to get it cleaned is to go to some A/C Repair shop and ask them from where (which service station) do they get their clients cars radiators and condencosrs washed. If you can do it fine, else go to any service station who has the facility of steam wash. They wash the raditor web best.
    Now second, you fill both the radiator and the coolant box with coolant. Any coolant that is imported from Gulf region is recommended, cuz every shop will give you its own variety of coolants I can not generalize it.
    Third, you dont need to or should press the gear shift button unless you are passing by the R position. and yes it is not a good habit if you keep pressing the button without need (any button on any devices that is ) There is no harm in doing so though except that you migth one day while travelling at 60 KM/Hr press that button and accidentally because of a slip of your hand or any other reason the gear lever tries to go upwards towards the R position, you get into trouble (in the transmission there will be something like we say in Punjabi "Gharmass' or afra-tafreeH).
    Now for the fourth and last question (Yaar you should ask one at a time ) it wont harm anything, shifting from D to N while driving, but the assistance your brakes get from the engine wont be there, so if you have to get your car to a stop in a hurry, the burden on the brake system would be slightly more than usual.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I heard Toyota LLC (long life coolant) is the best. Used abroad also. I reemember reading somewhere that you put it directly without mixing with water. Is that correct?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Tyrone
    Yes you are right, it is the best and it is most expensive as well... usually Vitz comes loaded with the same, the Reddish coloured Coolant. Now logically speaking, since Vitz is from Toyota it should come with the same coolant, and then if it is the same coolant, its name suggests it is long life coolant do I need to say anything else? Yes I do... once its level has gone down you should refill your coolant box with the same, else as it reaches 15% water and 85% coolant it becomes short life coolant.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cache: THANKS YAR! THANKS FOR THE ALLLLL THE HELP DUDE! I shall skip the caps now

Tyrone: Yes, that's perfectly fine. Gear can only be shifted while your ignition is on. If it's off then they have that emergency button but as long as your ignition is working you don't need to worry and/or start the engine before putting the gear to "P"
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks Zeeshan and Cache

How many cans of Toyota Long Life Coolant is needed when replacing the coolant? Is it put directly or mixed with water?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Tyrone
    I think it should be between 4-6 Litres... Personal Advice, dont completely change the coolant, just top it up. I kept 2002 Vitz for more than 1.5 years and never needed to change the coolant completely.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@cache

Thanks for the advice I will do what you said.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

for the attention of all the ppl who own new shape vitz 2005 onwards.

Can you please tell me if you hear excessive engine noise in the cabin when push the race pedal alil further. I test drove a vitz new shape yesturday and the only problem i thought the car had was the engine noise which comes into the cabin. Please confirm if you have the same noise in your car, it might be the 3 cylinder engine which is loud. or may be there was something wrong with the vitz i drove.

awaiting your reply.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

He dudes just a noobish question i have bought kenwood cd players and woofers that i want to fit in my vitz...but i dont know where to fit the cd changer?
    do i have to remove the original one and place the kenwood there?I dont think i could fit kenwood cd changer there...any suggestions?
    http://www.orkut.com/Profile.aspx?uid=12085126396157047344

DAWY

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Not sure if you can use the original area but you might wana consider having it under your seat??
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vitz seat doesn't cover fully my solid audio F45 amp. But i think cd changer gonna fit under the seat.
    X4ce.net | Stay Invisible! |

http://www.x4ce.net

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List