0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Raja
    If you have read all the posts you wont even think of buying any of the other cars that you have mentioned. If I were you I would go definitely for Vitz... but maybe not 2005 because of the 3 Cylinders and Parts issue, I would go for 2004, which I already have and in that I dont face any such problem.
    For the Noise and Ride hieght issues: Noise yes, it should not be there and I am 100% sure it is related to tuning, since in winters you need to tune your car to a little higher RPM. I am not having this problem cuz I got it fixed early this winters, and as soon as there is summers again I will get it back to normal.
    Ride hieght has been discussed a thousand times so please refer back to a few pages back and you will find what you need to know.
    Waisay just for your information, I had the choice of buying a very good condition, very low mileage Honda City 2006 but I prefered Vitz over it because of the lovely drive I get on this car.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I second everything that cache said and I'm not regretting my decision

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tyrone_40 hei salam yar i wnt to one of my mechanics today infact hes a tuning walla at pso ph-8 d.h.a
    i discussed the viabration problem with him he told me k proper tuning hoggi garri kee aur throtle body (carborator) kee service hoggi he said hell take 1000rs but the banda didnt seem to be genuine ill discuss it with a senior mechanic i noe manzoor bhai in phase2 or babbu bhai at khanmotors have u tried getting ur car chked by the ways wats ur cars model
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@max414
    Dear take your ride to DORA [A Shock master in Saddar Rawalpindi, near cola center]. he will put big coil springs for rear and rubber packing for front wheels and I hope this will resolve your problem.

@all
    An A** H**e FX wala rear-ended my 2002 vitz today, consequently right corner of bumter and mud guard have been damaged. I took it to my denter who will dent/paint it for RS. 3k. Luckily plastic part of bumber is not broken it has just received severe bruises only metalic area needs denting. Half of the rear bumber and half of the mud guard are gonna be repainted.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello. I am a new member here at Pakwheels. I am looking to buy a new car, though I do not have any knowledge in autos. Some people have recommended Vitz. I wanted to ask if Vitz comes with factory fitted CNG. And what is it's trunk space with CNG? How does it compare to Santro Prime GV?
    If it doesn't, how much space do we have left after CNG kit has been installed.
    I hope the knowledgable members here can give useful information as well as advice.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

good suggestion cache bhai!!

today i was gone to lahore and bought a vitz 2004, but made a mistake of buying analog one.

I drove it, it was superb!!! i was coming my way to home and a city started to race with me. I gave the gas and beat that city within 10 seconds by reaching 125km/h

I'm loving my car and its engine!!

but what will u say about analog thing?

is it good for me or i should have bought power packed?

my vitz info:
    immaculate
    27269km used
    power steering
    power windows
    central locking
    only fm/am but i will put the cd player soon
    airbags
    abs (i'm sure it has)
    electric moveable mirrors
    ---

what it don't have:
    chrome over buttons inside car
    digital meter
    mirrors can be folded through a button

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@raja01
    hey,
    we have '04 Vitz wid same options as urz car have...
    we have '99 vitz too with full option...rerectable miror , digital meter , air filter , bla bla....

n i lyke analog meter as compared to digital...
    Simple Living. High Thinking !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

me too man!

actually there was a digital car too but when i saw its meter, that meter looked like a jelly!!

the digital meter of civic 1.8 i-vtec is better than vitz one.

I love my vitz!!

thank you all guys for convincing me!!

Now everyone is saying that you bought the right car!! im so happy

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi!,
    My vitz (2001) engile oil change was due yesterday, So i took my car for an oil and filter change, I asked for Fuel filter but the shop wala just stared at me, and said "Bhai, there is no such thing in these cars" i asked a few more shops but the replies were same, I even asked a member of Pakwheels but, and he also said that maybe ur car is unique and has it, otherwise i havn't heard of such thing.

Anyway, i finally asked Storm about it and he recommended me to go to F-10, and besides changing fuel filter, i should also have a few other things done, like change spark plugs and removing the catalyst etc. so got a fuel filter in F-10, asked them to replace it, the fuel filter is actually inside the fuel tank below the rear seat, and i also got new plugs, got the Catalyst removed, new air filter, oil filter and changed Engile oil.

Now, the performance has greatly increased, but there is still some problem i feel as if there is fuel cutoff when i push the accelerator. the car accelerates suddenly and then slows down for a second or two and then again starts accelerating. has anyone else experienced such problem with, what can be the solution?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Raja
    An excellent buy I must say... I myself bought analog meter cuz I also dont like Digital meter in Vitz. For other things your car is fully power packed bhai... no worries.
    @Wzahoor
    Really feel sorry for your ride... but thats what happens when you drive a car on the road, everywhere in the world, I am happy to learn that you are safe, thats what matters to us.
    @MansooriBoy
    there is nothing like any space in the trunk of the car after installing CNG, simple. You can go for eiter 40Kg Cylinder or 55 Kg Cylinder. With both you wont be having any space in the trnk left for the luggage. If you install Cylinders that are installed in Santro, they will get you some space for sure but they will cost you about 30,000 for the cylinders alone, Kit would be somethnig like 33,000 to 38,000 seperate.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@MansooriBoy
    Bhai if you want space in your car's boot then buy some saloon or sedan one. Vitz, santro, alto.. etc are hatchbacks so don't expect much storage in your car's boot.

@cache
    thank you for appreciating but some thing weird has happened today! many many times!! my car height! i passed a street and it had a jump, my car's ground portion touched that jump

i'm worried about my car's height!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@raja01
    go for highprofile tyres buddy...(Y)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

n kindly post ur carz pik please...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@cache & raja01

Thanks for replying. Yes you are right. But I saw a few pics of Santro on the dewan motors website as well as checked a friend's santro(factory fitted cng). It did have space in the trunk since the cylinders were actually installed beneath the trunk floor. Here is the link:
    http://www.dewan-motors.com/hyundai/...V_interior.htm
    So Vitz does not come in factory fitted CNG. Hmmm, that's a bummer. Anyways, thanks for the help. I would really appreciate more suggestions and advice.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Raja
    I think we talked about both the hieght and the CNG, anyways... go to any known shock absorbers mechanic and they will fix this issue in a jiffy. Higher and tighter coils for the rear and rubber spacers for the front. should cost you around 2000 max. By the wat on this very page wzahoor has told in a post how to fix the hieght issue thats how closely you read on this forum no one likes to answer the same question many a times bro.

@MansooriBoy
    Conversion of Vitz on CNG is not a big issue... All you need to do is to be there all the time while the conversion is being done, and actively participate in the conversion. I will post the pics of the conversion I got done, if you want me to, and believe you me many people say it is factory fitted

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@waqas
    please tellme how much did u get your stuff worth
    i jus wanna noe so nobody cheats me!!!!!!!!
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

err considering that spark plugs are also in discussion, the vibration can be because of plugs? i havent changed or serviced mine since i bought the car... its been 10 months... long over due?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Chinyoti
    I think you are talking about the Hieght issue, I got it done in exactly 1800/- Rupees and approx 35 Minutes.
    @Sqahar
    I personally believe changing the spark plugs is not really needed when you buy your ride. Best thing to adopt in that is to check the status of your plugs by yourself and if they look worked out or dirty from insdie and around the tip, only then you need to change them... else it usually is a wastage of time and money (I have wasted the two twice on the same) so not recommended.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the fact is that the ride hasnt been much different in last ten months. hasnt varied i mean. besides the time when air filter gets dirty. so i dont know how the plugs are performing. if i had drive a car with new or clean plugs, i'd perhaps be able to differentiate. checking the plugs has been on my mind but i keep forgetting it for some reason.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Vitz owners,

last 3 or 4 days i've been having a serious problem with my vitz 2002 . in the morning when i start the car and try to put on reverse to backup ,, literally nothing happens as if its in N or P . this is really strange but more importantly its serious too , its CNG but nothing happens even if i convert it to petrol , D works fine though.
    someting wrong with the tranny , keep in mind that last 3-4 days its lil much cooler that before in khi. i really appreciate if someone can help me or face similar situation with his vitz ,coz its appears to me that Reverese gear is not engaging or something , after driving some 2, 3 km , ther reverse starts to work , please brothers help me or name a good mechanic in karachi , regards

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List