0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm
    removing cat convertor will change da sound or not?
    When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty. Kill few become a murderer, Kill more become a conqueror. It's not about the money. It's about the money. Remember everything, forgive nothing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it didn't change the sound of my car, but it DID slightly cause a rattle in skullbox's car. i guess it's more down to how well it is welded closed when the internals of the cat are removed (nothing left inside).
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it's been around one and a half year or more since i got my vitz, till now i have only faced one problem, was having check engine light along with temperature light, got the ecu checked and learned that coolant temperature sensor was not working, got it changed for 2,000/- and all is well now
    Lost in /dev/null

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@baqai

That shows how reliable this car is even though they are used. Where do you get your ECU checked and also tuning etc.?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I got it checked at Khan motors they charge 500-1000 Rs for ECU checking ( depending if you go there via contact or on your own :p ) and they give a good service ( both in terms of customer satisfaction and emptying your wallet :p )
    Lost in /dev/null

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks

Where are they located?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@baqai, well its a gud work shop he has attitude as all executive cars *** tn him but he was a lil rude wen i tuk my baleno for tuning @tyrone, its locatd just oposite ground 2 zero and suzuki defence at korangi road, tuning charges r 600 and obd is also 600 but mgr kam acha hota hai hes da one who told me put k16r plugs in vitz as they r genuine and the cheapest
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tyrone and baqai,
    there is also a gud tuning wala at pso at kh-e-ittehad he charges around 350 (to me atleast)
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm, bhai im using this car since july06 bougt it at 51k its a 02 model and its done 68k+ well i havent felt da need of removing dis cat thingy, could u please guide me that y is it requird to remove it n all details coz i took da car to my mechanic for a routine chk up and dat knocking problem but he was amazed by the pick up compard to other vitzes (Mashallah) and said removing cat wasnt reqd

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cont storm u postd a link to vitzes owners manual in english could please re-post it as da link u postd isnt working thanx

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

want 2 exchange my cappuccino sports UNREG wid vitz 04 REG cng auto
    if any1 interested then contact Ali 0321 3760580
    Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -812795

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -812796

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -812797

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -812798
    -ALLAH JISEY CHAY BAYSHAB DAITA HAI-

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

we use leaded fuel in PK and the lead is what causes the deterioration of the catalytic converter. if your car has een on CNG all this time then you shouldn't need to do anythign to the cat. however in my case my cars fuel economy suddenly halved and the performance was non existant.

when we opened th ecat we found that it was 99% blocked and my car was literally choking to death. good thing i got it out when i did or i might have done some major damage due to excessive back pressure.

sorry but that's the only link i had for the manual

here's what is inside the cat, and what happens to it (2nd picture)
    Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -812809

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -812810
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm (and all interested in ideal tyre size for vitz)

exactly! so here are all the bad things in 185/70:

• More weight
      More tyre circumference per engine rotation
      More air drag at high speeds

All contributing to slower acceleration and higher shift speeds! Fuel economy is badly affected by only the higher shift speed here. Other than that, slower acceleration does not directly affect fuel economy as the engine doesn't rev more than needed (atleast in vitz).

And ofcourse the good is that more tyre circumference per engine rotation simply makes you cover more ground as you said... directly increasing fuel economy!

The net affect is my speedo's giving around 5-10 more kms on every cng cylinder now in city driving (within speed limits, etc.). Add to it the fact that due to change in tyre size, the speedo will show about 1.5% less kms.

So fuel economy is definitely better now. But my recommendation would still be to go for 175/70s, as the loss in acceleration, especially from a stop while climbing even slight inclines with cng and a/c, is not worth the couple of rupees u save every day. Don't forget it's not even a full 1000cc engine we're talking about here. So if u've got one of those 1.3 or 1.5 litre versions, maybe 185/70 won't be as bad.

Btw, Yokohama's Aspec A300 are very good overall and safe too. Low sound but don't expect them to be as "super quiet" as some internet literature makes them sound. Don't use them if you're into racing and all - they're soft and don't seem to be made for this purpose at all.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Storm, nai yar i havent driven this car on any thing but petrol and once evry 3 refils i put in 10liters hi-octane and rs1250 of super widout a/c the car does around 440kms wid a/c 350 wen i drive and 410 wen my dad drives and this is what ive been geting since i have this car people say k unki 04 abt 14kms/ liter chal ti hai mgr God noes the truth
    @all ap ki gari kya average de rai hai??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my vitz gives me 550 - 600 kms in one tank full without AC. i usually use caltex Techron. i don't know whether it is a good average or bad. will come to know after comparison.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my vitz gives me 550 - 600 kms in one tank full without AC. i usually use caltex Techron. i don't know whether it is a good average or bad. will come to know after comparison.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

mine gave me 500 in the first filling......naturally without a/c in this whether.....and I haven't had the CAT removed......will have to take avg of a couple of more fillings to be sure
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Adnan bhai, and communicator bhai, yar mashallah very gud average itni average hojai then who needs c.n.g atleast jitny meri runing hai wats da mileage of ur car and wat engine oil do u use and any specific plugs well i havent tried caltex i use shell and once in say 6 mnths total il try caltex next tym

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti
    lately i also fill my vitz the same way you do. i think your catalytic converter isn't also blocked since your car isn't revved alot. usually when i'm driving my car i rev it hard in 1st gear so i guess the heat and lead caused the cat to block.

still, if your cat isn't blocked i'll suggest you leave it in as long as you can so as to do less damage to the environment.

lately my vitz has gien me 500+ km on one tank and i still have 2-3 bars of fuel in it (have to check it). I should point out that it has been mostly long drives though. will check the average when i fill it next time.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my car is giving abt 3.5-3.75 ruppes per km,,,decision is urs if its bad or good

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List