0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the above guide is for vitz 2007!

here is link for vitz(echo) 2000-2002 manual
    http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/3531925/2000_to_2002_Toyota_Echo_OEM_Service_Manual_w_Tabl e_Of_Contents.3531925.TPB.torrent

its torrent file, if you don't know how to download torrents, please search on google.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Storm

Ok thanks man. So no fog lights? Wht abt the spoiler? how much did tht cost you?

Today i got the rear springs for 1400, bosch 4 tip spark plugs for around 900 and changed the oil along with the air filter. My mechanic told me not to change the oil filter as its genuine and lasts long...he said the one which comes here from toyota doesn't have a "jaali" in it and it doesn't last long.

Also got the CAT removed from the front dholki.

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -825654

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -825655
    1. Live and LET Live !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ storm

thnx for the slap suggestion
    http://www.darsequran.com/ http://www.aswatalislam.net/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@OptimusSS and @all,
    you are talking about the 05 model, the one with a new shape? Well I am too interested in buying it but have heard that there is a problem with it on CNG but honestly its not reliable but you know one has to be sure be4 making decisions as petrol prices will go near to 100.
    So, if anybody at the forum has vitz 05 model (one with a new shape) and has cng installed on it or any information regarding it, please come forward and share your experiences with us.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Asrar

Yaar go for the 04' model. Its better in every aspects..
    1. Live and LET Live !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Rawfay and @all

first of all thanks for the quick reply , Well I have been surveying the lahore market ( jail road, DHA, faisal town). I have seen mostly 05 cars in the market with few number of 04 models. Its obviously raise to your mind to get a new model bcz in this way you would have a resale value of it. Plus, its shape is similar to the latest 07 vitz model so its spare parts will be available for a long time. Also the price difference b/w them is not much , you get 04 model in good condition around 630k whereas 05 model is around 750k.Well thats all my novice opinion.

Could you tell me features in 04 that surpass 05 model apart from CNG ( although its a heavy one for me) bcz it seems to be illogical that 05 model is not superior to its predecessor, its against the natural phenomenon.
    Kindly give your valuable opinion bcz i am really confused b/w 05 and 04.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hey friend i have a question of that I am way too confused of , please let me know much a single square of petrol on the vitz digital meter can take you ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@imranahmed999,
    well no idea about it bcz haven't bought it yet. However, i have heard that vitz 04 model usually do 13-14 km in a litre whereas vitz 05 model 15-20 depending upon the condition and how you drive

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Asrar

man it depends on you. I actually like the interior of the 04 model more than the 05's one. Plus 700-750K for a 1 litre car is too much imo. If you put new rims, get it registered and install CNG in it..phir ye aapko around 800-850K ki per jaye gi which is way tooo much i think. Abt the availibility of the 04' model in the market..yes now you rarely see a 04 model cars in the showroom thts because now they can't be imported. So tht is the reason why they have increased the prices a bit.
    1. Live and LET Live !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Rawfay and @all

Thanks for your reply

yea you are right about the price but what about the future of 04 model, will it have resale value comparing to 05 model bcz ppl are sayin that if you buy 04 model with 05 already in market, you would lose 30-40k on the spot, plus as the time goes by its parts will start to diminish from the market as ppl will demand 05 spare parts.

Anyhow,do you have any information about the CNG performance and drive of 05 model when comparing to 04 model.

What would be the expected price of 04 model with good condition, infact i have seen one at my relative's showroom, 04 model with 5 grade auction grad, 28k mileage, pearl white color and beige interior, he is asking 675k for that. What would be the ecnoomical price of such a car considering i haven't seen any other pearl white car with beige interior in the market which means that in future it interior parts will have availability issue due to its uniqueness.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asrar842
    Only one year does'nt makes difference. 2004 market value is more then the newer model, bcoz 2005 is way much expensive. If one budget is 7.60k to 7.80k. He'll be insane if he spend it on hatch 1litre car. 2ndly 2005 is 3 cylinder engine and 2004 is 4 cylinder and it's failed aerodynamically.
    When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty. Kill few become a murderer, Kill more become a conqueror. It's not about the money. It's about the money. Remember everything, forgive nothing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Check this link and specs of vitz 05.
    http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/car/?car=128128
    When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty. Kill few become a murderer, Kill more become a conqueror. It's not about the money. It's about the money. Remember everything, forgive nothing.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi every one, can any one of you tell me that what is the cost of projection lights for Vitz 04 and are they really Taiwan made, plus many people are removing CAT Converters, i recently bought vitz 04, should i get both CAT removed or just one. I got to know that fuel economy will increase but would it also increase engine performance, like pick in 1st gear and also the top speed.

Storm need your support and expert suggestion.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Adnan34
    glad to hear that you felt a difference, indeed Zubair is honest and knows that i'm always chekcing up on his work as well so he'll not swindle any of us. infact a friend got a filter and when zubair checked it he returned it and got him an original one as he knew that we are all the type who want the best for our cars.

@Rawfay
    4tip plugs make almost no difference to performance in the vitz, but if you are happy paying more for slightly longer lasting plugs than the cost is justified (i use single tip plugs). As for th eoil filter, your mechanic is a muppet. if you buy an original toyota oil filter they are the same ones you get abroad, perhaps he is confusing them with the cheap local ones.

@shirazkhan
    LOL! sorry about that, was in one of my moods.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@VitzRulez

Thanks for your reply

So you are sayin that 05 model is not good in performance to 04 model apart from being expensive. Could you elaborate on the point of 3 cylinder and 4 cylinder and aerodynamic bcz i am novice in car terminologies and have not much information about the tecnical jargon.

However, I have heard that vitz 05 fuel consumption is better then 04.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

in PK every car is considered a flop when it comes out, but eventually it becomes a best-seller.

the people at toyota are not fools, i'm sure there are many good resons why they made the new one a 3 cyl, and i find it hard to believe that it has a higher Cd than the older shape. we need to get some facts and figures before we start making wild claims about cars.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What do you guys who have replaced the tyres do with the original spare? Replace it too? Since the profile of the new tyres are different, should I keep the original spare or replace that too?

The problem is that I think the current tyre or the new tyre won't fit in the slot reserved for the spare. Any suggestions what I should do?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the spare is usually a space saver. so it's best you keep it as it is. usually problems arise when people fit oversized tyres instead of maintaining the original overall circumferance.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm

Thanks. So an option for a tyre profile of 185 60 R15 would not cause a problem if the spare is used with them, where overall drive of the car is concerned i.e. untill u get to the service station?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

One of my friend wants to have CNG in 2007 model Vitz and he is residing in Lahore. Do u Guys know any experienced person or workshop where he can get CNG conversion? The second thing does this model is convertible to CNG? Kindly let me know.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List