0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Need Help: Toyota Vitz 1999 Gear problem

Dear All,

I need help on urgent basis.
    I've Toyota Vitz model 1999, recently I got my engine heated and its mobile oil and water body got mixed and engine needed over haul. Rather than getted it over hauled, me and my mechanic insisted to get a new KABALI engine from Bilal Gunj lahore, so I got new CHAARRAA engine and get my car fixed. But from that moment I felt something wrong with the gear box as the accelerator giving me a strange noise. I insisted my mechanic to fix it but he kept on saying that its natural sound and its coming because the pick of car has increased but after two days of drive the reverse gear start to respond lately. I've noticed from that day that it reacts very lately sometime and also sometimes it responds very quickly. And one or two times the forward gear (D) also acted in a strange way like deceasing and increasing the accelerator itself. So I need suggestions from all of you. Please advice me, what should I do as my mechanic is saying k it needs to get service but I think he is telling lie and wants to get money from my pocket as he already charged me 13000 just for replacing engine. Please help could it be a problem of gear box or is there any sensor due to which its creating problem.
    You can reply me on my cell as well 0321-4055485

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salaam,you say your gearbox was fine before your engine change?its possible your transmission fluid leaked out of the torque converter if your mechanic was careless and let it slide of its spline's,check your auto transmission fluid level and if its low top it up with the recomended fluid only,the fluid level changes when the fluid gets hot so check it when is cold,im not sure if your car has a dipstick on the transmission...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A.A.

I had the same issue with my 2005 Vitz. Basically the gear turned faulty when the engine got over-rev (ed). Or at least thats what my mechanic told me.

For how much did you get the replacement Kabuli engine ? And i'm assuming 13000 was just your mechanics charges, minus all parts/engine right?
    http://www.proapps.com.au

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List