Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default AC issues Vitz 2000

Hi guys,

My compressor had gone completely bad, so I got it replaced, but its not the genuine vitz one but another one, corrola wala. Anyway, so for it to be fit, they had to adjust different pipelengths and to get compressor in right place, they used a steel placeholder that is screwed to have compressor at correct place.

so, now the AC is working really fine and the mileage is fine too, so there doesnt seems to be a problem with the internal workings of AC and engine.

However, the issue seems to be with belt (my guess), the belt makes a screeching sounds when its accerelating from 0 to x. (I also had the belt replaced). Once the car is in steady movement, there are no problems, but sometimes, things are little unpredictble, when i press teh paddle, sometimes the car will accelerate fine, sometimes, there is a lag and bit of noise and when the car is started and AC is on, there is alot of vibration, which causes some of the parts to hit against rubber protectings so that makes alot of noise etc.

So, I'm wonderng what are the problems and where can I have these issues resolved in Pindi/Isb. I had got the work done initially from Lahore but right now im not there and I dont want to risk such a long drive to get it fixed.

Thanks and your response would be really appreciated.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Belt sound is normal.. pon belt put some water on belt
    Pakistan <3

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the reply Tabish.

I got it checked, turns out the metal bracket holding the compressor is cracking a bit and so compressor is not at its place, its off by ~1.5 cm and that's why belt is also not straight. Its off by one slot in the compressor pulley, so that's why the car acts funny sometimes and there are noises. And with idle vibration and when compressor is active, I think its unsafe to drive on long distances.

Does anyone know of a a good metal brackets expert in Isb/Rwp? I think a good bracket will solve the problem.

I cant afford to buy another compressor and what not. It was a custom job and a bad decision earlier, but what is done is done. I need temporary solution until I have money again.

So, any metal bracket experts in isb/rwp?

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List