Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Suzuki Swift vs Vitz, which one to buy?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suzuki Swift vs Vitz, which one to buy?

Dear all, I know this is an old topic but I need a recent take on this as I am on the verge of buying one. Would appreciate your comments/ suggestions. Thanks.

1. Suzuki Swift 2013 model, 1300cc, Automatic Transmission
    2. New Car
    3. Not much safety features
    4. I have heard that a Japanese swift is better, but the dealers say that it's not imported by the company so any available one would be reconditioned....
    5. Worth Rs 13,98,000
    6. Petrol consumption???????
    7. Resale value???????

1. Toyota Vitz, 1300cc, Automatic Transmission (I have seen a 2011 model but then people say that latest the version the more damaged the car would be)
    2. Being reconditioned one can never be sure as to how much it had been initially damaged + mileage run
    3. Good interior + safety features (but then being reconditioned it's not necessary e.g: that the air bags would work at the 11th hour or not)
    4. I have heard that the tyers etc. of vitz need to be changed.
    5. Spending around 12 lac on 2009 model & 14 lac on 2011 model??? How wise is this???
    6. Petrol consumption?????????
    7. Resale value of 1000cc is very good but of 1300cc is not good.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suzuki Swift ATS vs Manual

I am now towards buying suzuki swift...but i am more inclined towards ATS. Many people say Suzuki's ATS cannot be trusted??? What's your take on this...

Quote Originally Posted by adeel_malik View Post
    AOA

Mate in my humble opinion go for swift.These imported jdms are crap.Id a very hard experience with that so called thingy VITZ. Not at all that fuel efficient which people claim here.all auction sheets are made or printed here in PAKISTAN.Above all in JAPAN no car which had clocked less than 100,000 k or had into accident is auctioned ( MY PERCEPTION ).

On the other hand ID a SWIFT AUTO in my use for a month and believe me its aw-some machine. Fuel consumption in around 9 to 10 kms with 60 % AC on and with four people on board inside city.

Above all its a brand new car plus piece of mind. Maintenance or parts availability aint an issue.

Now coming to resale point of view just check the availability of SWIFT for sale and VITZ in used car for sale section and ull get the idea.

Above all we dont understand a simple formula that CAR IS NOT AN INVESTMENT ITS A UTILITY.Hope ull get my point.

regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suzuki Swift ATS vs Manual

I am now towards buying suzuki swift...but i am more inclined towards ATS. Many people say Suzuki's ATS cannot be trusted??? What's your take on this...

Quote Originally Posted by Yawar538 View Post
    You want peace of mind with resale: Swift
    You want a budget car: Vitz
    You are a car freak and would like to stomp the pedal at times: Swift
    You want less mileage cost but don't mind exp part: Vitz

For me its simple. If you have the budget of 1.1mil get Vitz. If you can extend it to 1.3mil get Swift. Its all about what you can afford according to your range. Sit in both cars, drive them around for a while, slow and fast, uphill down hill, braking, parking..everything and you will know
    About the security and safety thing...Swift comes with an immobilizer and ABS brakes with front discs. keep the seat belt on and you are pretty much safe. Vitz lacks the immobilizer while its packs in the AirBags which you never know for sure if they will come out upon impact.

What people say about Swift making noise after sometime, dont believe them. The car is as good as it's owner keeps it. Be is Vitz, Swift or even a Bimmer.

Happy Selection

My vote: Swift (Fun, Pleasure and Peace of mind)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

... in that much amount, a locally used Honda City is a far better option.
    1st Generation Integration

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahsan1702 View Post
    New Car Has It's Own Charm....... An Old Civic Can't Change The Feel Of A New Swift......
    Like My Page Please: https://www.facebook.com/BabuJeeKaThullu?ref=hl

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SaharS View Post
    What's ATS?
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

automatic transmission system

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Honda City??????? is that available in 14 lac???
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsan1702 View Post

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i guess yawar has already answered ur queries. i would like to add a few cents of my own.

vitz will create CAT (catalytic convertor) problems after a while ( a few thousand kilometers) which will result in low mileage and drastic drop in power. from that day ur problems will start. u will visit 10 people and all of them will suggest different solutions. especially one to remove the CAT from exhaust. which is worst of it by the way. and the list of issue go on and on...

PKDMs even if they are crap, they provide u solution for every issue.
    1- Abundant availability of "new" parts at reasonable prices that too from authorized dealerships.
    2- Insurance (Insurance for a JDM will cost higher)
    3- PKDM have mechanical expertise available from cheap road mechanics to authorized dealerships
    4- u can always have 2nd opinions abt any problem arising from ur vehicle by authentic source rather than being fooled by mechanics while end up spending money over nothing.

the car is as good as the owner keeps it...
    Whenever a bird shits on my car, I eat a plate of scrambled eggs on my front porch just to let them know what I'm capable of...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am very late to join this Thread but I want to add some experience for the followers. In Big cities like SaharS is living in Lahore, there is no maintenance issue for a JDM like Vitz. Coz here are so many Private and Authorised workshops in Lahore to service and maintain the (JDMs) Vitz on lower costs also. And in My opinion and by my experience there is no comparison between the same capacity JDM cars and local Cars. JDMs are always some steps Ahead from locals. The durability Performance and luxury in JDM car is never ever achieved by any locally manufactured Car. I can proove with examples from history and current scenarios. Always JDM cars got previlige at local cars. So a good condition (less used) Vitz is much much better than a local Swift. Its a charm to have a good Vitz . . . Bcoz its not just a caaaarrrrrrr . . .

In Hatchback history Charade was a hot cake. Today is only vitz... In Germany Vitz is being sold under the name Daihatsu Charade. Vitz is a small car with Big Heart.
    Never underEstimate anyone. Might be a charade has a v8 in his heart.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

JDM Swift can be compared with vitz, but not the local brand new swift. Local is local and JDM is a Dream Car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Yasirshafeeq View Post
    I am very late to join this Thread but I want to add some experience for the followers. In Big cities like SaharS is living in Lahore, there is no maintenance issue for a JDM like Vitz. Coz here are so many Private and Authorised workshops in Lahore to service and maintain the (JDMs) Vitz on lower costs also. And in My opinion and by my experience there is no comparison between the same capacity JDM cars and local Cars. JDMs are always some steps Ahead from locals. The durability Performance and luxury in JDM car is never ever achieved by any locally manufactured Car. I can proove with examples from history and current scenarios. Always JDM cars got previlige at local cars. So a good condition (less used) Vitz is much much better than a local Swift. Its a charm to have a good Vitz . . . Bcoz its not just a caaaarrrrrrr . . .

In Hatchback history Charade was a hot cake. Today is only vitz... In Germany Vitz is being sold under the name Daihatsu Charade. Vitz is a small car with Big Heart.
    a few cents;

1- does the workshops etc provide a 2 year warranty on vitz?
    2- Is there any guarantee that the vitz u r buying is showing genuine mileage on the dial?
    3- does they guarantee that the vitz imported was not dented/repaired in Pak since majority of JDMs are
    4- Is there a guarantee that part u r looking for is readily available in the market + cost of the part on import if not available otherwise u will always end up buying a used (kabli) spare.
    5- care to shed some light on CAT issues faced by vitz owners?

wat sort of "luxury" do u expect from a small hatchback which is not even a family car? this applies to all hatchbacks around the world. if u think that JDM hatchbacks provide luxury than u have set the standards very low my friend.
    Whenever a bird shits on my car, I eat a plate of scrambled eggs on my front porch just to let them know what I'm capable of...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

get this car and live happy ever after.

Used Toyota Vitz 1.3 F 2010 Car for sale in Islamabad - 703533 | PakWheels

there are two with the same dealer i think. I would have bought it if I had not closed a deal for city 2009 AT. did it just now and feeling foolish. giving up a Japanese reliable and a durable car for a local one.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Retaliator View Post
    get this car and live happy ever after.

Used Toyota Vitz 1.3 F 2010 Car for sale in Islamabad - 703533 | PakWheels

there are two with the same dealer i think. I would have bought it if I had not closed a deal for city 2009 AT. did it just now and feeling foolish. giving up a Japanese reliable and a durable car for a local one.
    Shukar karo sir u didnt buy it...this Vitz is 108,000kms driven with the rear section repaired ..I was in search for a good Vitz for atleast 4 months buy I found was crap...so moved to local and bought a clean used 2013 city..and I am happy that I won't have any issues with it....

Sent from my HTC Rhyme S510b using PW Forums mobile app
    JDM Always 2 STEPs AHEAD..........

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by FarhanAnwarKhan View Post
    Shukar karo sir u didnt buy it...this Vitz is 108,000kms driven with the rear section repaired ..I was in search for a good Vitz for atleast 4 months buy I found was crap...so moved to local and bought a clean used 2013 city..and I am happy that I won't have any issues with it....

Dear aap tau apnay Signature k opposite gaye ho this time"JDM Always 2 STEPs AHEAD.........."
    . Not Fare buddy.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Model Town Magic Moters, Classic Motors and Car Point Multan Road etc can manage all maintenance of Vitz easly. Other local ones are further more

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear aap tau apnay Signature k opposite gaye ho this time"JDM Always 2 STEPs AHEAD.........."
    . Not Fare buddy.
    Yes your correct...air bags,quality work,quality stuff is still there but its our own Pakistani dealers that have made me hate JDMs...I wrote that signature back in 2012 when there were very less accidental cars...

JDM Always 2 STEPs AHEAD..........

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you for your feedback. What kind of charm do you look in Vitz? it would be great if you could elucidate. Its used, the mileage run as shown by the dealers is deceiving, It has less ground clearance etc. means a lot of work has to be gotten done on it before its set for use. What do you say???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What exactly were the problems that you faced that made you change your mind so drastically form JDMs to local. Could you please elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by FarhanAnwarKhan View Post
    Yes your correct...air bags,quality work,quality stuff is still there but its our own Pakistani dealers that have made me hate JDMs...I wrote that signature back in 2012 when there were very less accidental cars...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I was in the same boat couple of months back and almost got a swift. If swift auto was at the same price I would had gone for it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Lost in /dev/null

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Trust me you are right on time Thank you for sharing your experience & do answer my questions asked in the previous post. thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List