Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Engine sound increased after Rain, Vitz 2007

Salam all,

Hope everyone is good. I am very new to Vitz, just got my 2007 new shape vitz this week. It rained in Multan very heavily the day before yesterday, and I was out to enjoy the ride, now the engine sound is little changed, like grinding kind of sound.. I started last evening after Iftari and it started to sound like this but it was okay when it was raining.

I went to Toyota Multan Motors [loteray] and they said that it's the bearing of the AC Generator [but AC is working perfectly]. Another vitz 2003 user told me to that's generators bearing noise.

How to check them? I am just leaving for Lahore after this post, tell me about "Maahir" Vitz worker where I can have it checked for good quality and reasonable price? (Unlike Toyota Multan Motors which quoted 35,000 ]

Thanks!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Try Javed Denso in Lahore; he is a reasonable nan

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums mobile app
    The future of Automobile...Mercedes-Benz S Class Saloon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thats You Idler Pulley Bearing ....1st Check Which Bearing It Is And Get It Replaced....!

The Idler Pulley BEaring Is Mostly Effected In Rains
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    Thats You Idler Pulley Bearing ....1st Check Which Bearing It Is And Get It Replaced....!

The Idler Pulley BEaring Is Mostly Effected In Rains
    The sound is coming when I am driving too. Is it the generator bearing ? :/ I have asked a mechanic here and diagnosed it as generator bearing that needs replacing. Quoted 900 including bearing and mazdoori near NetSol. Is it the correct price?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Also, what kind of services should I get it done, like Throttler, CAT etc, Transmission oil also needs to be checked? Transmission filter, etc? Apart from bearing, should I get this done from Toyota Dealership or a mistri can do himself? How is Toyota Airport's service & maintenance crew for Vitz?

Let me know in details. I want it's engine to be smooth, with good pick & with very less noise

Sorry for asking too many questions.

Thanks!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes Its Seems Pretty OK For Price Of DYNO Bearing Replacement......!! Just Make Sure Its Same

Follow For Transmission Oil Change Thread ...Its Posted And Get It Done That Way.....CVT Oil itself Cost 5k-6k....Don't use Any other Oil...

Don't mess with anything else if its working all good......! just check for air/oil filter and do regular maintenance......!
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok. So, I visited Toyota Airport Lahore, and, they removed the belt, spinned all pulleys separate, and they too said its AC Compressors sound I asked if it can be repaired, and they said, no you'll have to replace complete AC in order to eliminate the noise so, 2 guys said it's generator sound, Toyota Dealerships @ Multan & Lahore says it's AC Compressor :s

What to do

According to them, idle pulley/Water pump is okay :s

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xulfiqar, BTW, I read about you in the "Xulfiqar" thread, and I am really hoping you will help me in this.

Can you please read all above and suggest me what to do ? The sound is still coming whether the AC is on or not. Thank you and appreciate your help

My Vitz is 1kr-fe {I guess, don't have documents near me}.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bump....... @Xulfiqar

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I know a good mechanic. He works at suzuki pioneer near sadhu sam chowk.
    The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror with a cop in it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waqar19 View Post
    I know a good mechanic. He works at suzuki pioneer near sadhu sam chowk.
    I just returned back to Multan without doing anything with the car today Is there a possibility that I can get a used compressor from one of the totalled vitz on good price? Instead of throwing 35k+ on a brand new kit for no reason [if it's really is a compressor].

There's also an issue with car electricity, sometimes, when I turn on dim light, none of the lights inside & outside lights turns on, when I turn the full light on, sometimes, only the front lights turns on fully and the car remains dark from inside. After few mins, if I turn off all lights, and then turn on again, everything seems to turn on normally.

The cigarette lighter is not working :s Are they all related to Generator or battery or something else in the car?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jigzyy View Post
    I just returned back to Multan without doing anything with the car today Is there a possibility that I can get a used compressor from one of the totalled vitz on good price? Instead of throwing 35k+ on a brand new kit for no reason [if it's really is a compressor].

There's also an issue with car electricity, sometimes, when I turn on dim light, none of the lights inside & outside lights turns on, when I turn the full light on, sometimes, only the front lights turns on fully and the car remains dark from inside. After few mins, if I turn off all lights, and then turn on again, everything seems to turn on normally.

The cigarette lighter is not working :s Are they all related to Generator or battery or something else in the car?
    Honda Breeze and Toyota multan have most incompetent mechanics. Last year Honda Breeze quoted 1 lac 70 thousand for honda city 2002 engine overhaul . They will buy spares from local market and give you huge bill.
    They and their prices are totally insane.
    The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror with a cop in it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waqar19 View Post
    Honda Breeze and Toyota multan have most incompetent mechanics. Last year Honda Breeze quoted 1 lac 70 thousand for honda city 2002 engine overhaul . They will buy spares from local market and give you huge bill.
    They and their prices are totally insane.
    Duh. That's a lot :s

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro, ther z no issue with electric in your car, i had the same issue in my vitz, that only front head lights lit up while others remained off, its due to knob assembly on right side of your steering. There z a piano switch inside it, and corbon deposits between the contacts is responsible for this problem, any electrician can fix it just for Rs.50 ~100. For permanent solution, it will cost you Rs. 200~ 300.He will remove the assembly, clean the deposits with contact cleaner and press the hinges, thats it. For AC compressor, absolutely no need to install new compressor, they mostly use Sanden compressor, which is total crap. i have bear the loss of Rs.40000 in this regard. Kabli compressor for Rs. 9000~11000 works quite fine. Plz make sure that it is procured from some reputed source, it should not be repaired.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ali_Mujtba View Post
    Bro, ther z no issue with electric in your car, i had the same issue in my vitz, that only front head lights lit up while others remained off, its due to knob assembly on right side of your steering. There z a piano switch inside it, and corbon deposits between the contacts is responsible for this problem, any electrician can fix it just for Rs.50 ~100. For permanent solution, it will cost you Rs. 200~ 300.He will remove the assembly, clean the deposits with contact cleaner and press the hinges, thats it. For AC compressor, absolutely no need to install new compressor, they mostly use Sanden compressor, which is total crap. i have bear the loss of Rs.40000 in this regard. Kabli compressor for Rs. 9000~11000 works quite fine. Plz make sure that it is procured from some reputed source, it should not be repaired.

Thanks for the tip about the electrical issue. Saved a lot of trouble for me. Is there anyway I can find out of the bearing noise is coming from AC / Water Pump or generator? Because, once the belt is taken out, there's is no way to spin them as fast as they are on the running car.

Also, I was disappointed with it's performance when I was trying to reach Monal [I never reached there, had to turn around]. I tried it on D, S & B at different stages and none made any difference when I was climbing. It never reached Was fuel an issue? I noticed it runs very smooth on Total, and Islamabad has shell, caltex and PSO on which my vitz performance is pathetic.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jigzyy View Post
    Thanks for the tip about the electrical issue. Saved a lot of trouble for me. Is there anyway I can find out of the bearing noise is coming from AC / Water Pump or generator? Because, once the belt is taken out, there's is no way to spin them as fast as they are on the running car.

Also, I was disappointed with it's performance when I was trying to reach Monal [I never reached there, had to turn around]. I tried it on D, S & B at different stages and none made any difference when I was climbing. It never reached Was fuel an issue? I noticed it runs very smooth on Total, and Islamabad has shell, caltex and PSO on which my vitz performance is pathetic.
    Bro, it all depends, how skillful is the mechanic,who is diagnosing the problem. If its compressor bearing sound, than upon switcing off the AC, this sound should b gone.thats all. If its not so, take opinion of 2-3 mechanics.
    Less power is due to multiple factors, like plugs, oil, engine condition, petrol is very minor reason for that.
    Do u feel any slackness and lazyness during normal drive too???

Sent from my MT15i using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro, it all depends, how skillful is the mechanic,who is diagnosing the problem. If its compressor bearing sound, than upon switcing off the AC, this sound should b gone.thats all. If its not so, take opinion of 2-3 mechanics.
    Less power is due to multiple factors, like plugs, oil, engine condition, petrol is very minor reason for that.
    Do u feel any slackness and lazyness during normal drive too???

I went to another mechanic today, and he told me that Generator bearing is okay, compressor has very minor sound but the tensioner [the middle pulley] has the most sound. After removing belt, I spun it and it making noise. I'll have it fixed on Saturday now.

As for drive, whenever I use PSO, PSO Hi-Octane, Shell, Caltex, it remains lazy, but when I use Total, it remains perfect. The pick, power and drive is smooth on Total too. On other fuel, it feels like its taking more power.

Should I take it to Toyota for Engine & Transmission oil change, also air, cabin and transmission filters? What about tuning, someone told me that Vitz do not require tuning like we do for Mehran etc after every x kms.

What plugs & oils should I use for maximum power & performance? Also, on motorway (Lahore ~ Islamabad), It only reached maximum of 150kms [200kms is the total speed]. Is this good ?

My Engine is 1KR-FE 990cc.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So, thats b it, I doubted, it cant b compressor sound, coz that is unique, and can b judged easily.and cooling z largly effected.
    Yup its rite, vitz dont require periodic tuning, but its better to clean the carboratr aftr 12000kms.
    In stead of Toyota oil, use some pow viscocity oil like castrol 10w-40 or calrex formula 10w-30.
    Use irridium plugs only, which will cost Rs.4000. Keep ur air filter clean.after 500kms vlean with air.
    Regarding petrol, I hav no such experience.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This speed z quite gud. Engine z 1.0 which z also sufficient to handle this hatchback.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So, thats b it, I doubted, it cant b compressor sound, coz that is unique, and can b judged easily.and cooling z largly effected.
    Yup its rite, vitz dont require periodic tuning, but its better to clean the carboratr aftr 12000kms.
    In stead of Toyota oil, use some pow viscocity oil like castrol 10w-40 or calrex formula 10w-30.
    Use irridium plugs only, which will cost Rs.4000. Keep ur air filter clean.after 500kms vlean with air.
    Regarding petrol, I hav no such experience.

Thanks a lot! I'll have it done this weekend and post here the changes / updates

BTW, should I use Toyota's Transmission oil for automatic gear or is there something that is better than it ? I am not sure how many kilometers it has done on previous oil. The car is 29k right now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List