Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Vitz 1KR-FE engine problems

Hello all !
    I have a quite experience in vitz because in three year i have changed six vitz ..all were 1000 cc. But model difference. While using vitz 2007 the engine was driven 70000km but in good condition ..i drive it ,no vibration no engine noise ....but when i purchase 2009 model vitz (25000 km driven) but engine was vibration badly..mechanic washed throttle body and it works but vibration was not ended but it reduces.
    Recently i sold 2009 model and purchase 2012 model vitz new shape. Engine is driven 6800km and recently fully maintain .oil etc changed ..throttle body and spark plugs cleaning ..engine is good and giving good milage ...but problem is when engine start .. i feel vibration in interior ...when i open up bonet engine was vibrating. Not in still condition...mechanics says kay itni vibration tu hoti hay..but i m not satisfied yet ..i vil make video of the engine vibration and will upolad in evening...
    But any expert of engine r among u kindly give me advise.

Sent from my HTC One using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is the CAT removed ? Have you checked that the intake is not taking excess air from any leaks / cracks in the plastic ? Which brand of air / fuel filters are you using ? Ever changed the fuel filter ?
    Apart from pakwheels, my blogs can be also be viewed at http://tajziat.blogspot.com/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think many replies are there for the original post which was about engine vibration issue, while another member dragged in his fuel economy problem and is expecting that everyone is replying to him. I didn't notice that before :-D
    Apart from pakwheels, my blogs can be also be viewed at http://tajziat.blogspot.com/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bilalahm View Post
    Was about to ask this question :-), you cannot expect such a tiny engine to drag those 195's and not protest about it, in this case by gulping in more fuel. You need to switch to a reasonable size ASAP, 165's aren't easily available in 14 easily so at least get it to 175 and it would make things very different for your fuel situation. Also are the rims stock or aftermarket ?
    Rims and tyres were installed when I bought this car 6 months back. Yes I am planning to change with 175 soon. So what you thing that is the only reason and how much fuel economy will improve after changing the tyres as I am getting 400 km in full tank. I just changed the plugs last month and they are sk20hr-u11. Someone told me that they are fully compatible with 1krfe engine. I am using genuine Toyota oil filter, air filter and toyota 10 w 30 plus synthetic oil.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bilalahm View Post
    I think many replies are there for the original post which was about engine vibration issue, while another member dragged in his fuel economy problem and is expecting that everyone is replying to him. I didn't notice that before :-D
    Yes and he got rid of this problem after changing the engine. Cat was removed already. Fuel filter was cleaned by myself when I bought the car. I am also planing to change fuel filter with its assembly in next month.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If the rims are aftermarket, they also need some consideration. The selection of tires also matters even when the sizes are the same for different brands

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The 195s are not only destroying your economy, they are also abusing your car's suspension badly. The sooner you switch to the proper sized rubber the better

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amjads98 View Post
    Engine mounts are fine. Replaced one last month. Tyres are bigger then normal. 195 are installed rim size are 14. Maybe this the problem?
    195? :O
    I've installed 175's on mine, and that too after much resistance. My dad insisted to go for this size whereas I wanted to get 165/70's. Switch to 175/70's ASAP.
    Under the Coconut tree

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by LIANARULES View Post
    195? :O
    I've installed 175's on mine, and that too after much resistance. My dad insisted to go for this size whereas I wanted to get 165/70's. Switch to 175/70's ASAP.
    Really sorry. Today i checked again and the tyre size are not 195 but 185 with aftermarket rims.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I will definitely switch to 175/70. Today I went to mechanic for general check up. He told me that these engines are having two inherit problems one is vibration and the other is bad compression ratio. So better change your engine with 2szfe. No alterations nothing is required except the right side foundation will change nothing else and economy in city is better then 1krfe and poor in highway. He told me to keep 1krfe transmission as both engine uses the same cvt transmission. What you guys think. Secondly he told me that maybe your engine is week thats why it is giving you bad economy. I am confused. Your suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Really sorry. Today i checked again and the tyre size are not 195 but 185 with aftermarket rims.
    Local rims I guess. You probably have local rims installed. Try to exchange these tires/rims with Japanese 13" inch rims and 165/175 tires.
    Under the Coconut tree

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I will definitely switch to 175/70. Today I went to mechanic for general check up. He told me that these engines are having two inherit problems one is vibration and the other is bad compression ratio. So better change your engine with 2szfe. No alterations nothing is required except the right side foundation will change nothing else and economy in city is better then 1krfe and poor in highway. He told me to keep 1krfe transmission as both engine uses the same cvt transmission. What you guys think. Secondly he told me that maybe your engine is week thats why it is giving you bad economy. I am confused. Your suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks
    1kr-fe recommended engine oil is 5w-30. Use Shell Helix Ultra (3.25 ltr). 185 / 65 / 14 is also okay with vitz. I am using it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am using toyota 10w 30 3.1L as recommended by its manual. Using the same tyre as you mentioned. My question is do I need to change engine. Or not. How to know what is the problem of economy. Scanner show that everything is fine.no fault or code detected. Secondly when I switch on anything like headlights or ac or move the steering right left when idle the car vibrates and then come back to normal. My throttle body, map sensor, and oxygen sensor are crystal clear. And using all genuine filters.using high octane with super. Wheels are aligned and balanced. Air intake and exhaust checked. Valve clearance checked. New iridium plugs installed. Cat removed. Alternater changed. New 60 amp battery installed but actually giving 45 amp. Mount and foundation checked and one replaced. Fuel injecter cleaned.brake pads changed. Spend hell of amount of money but bad economy and vibration as I mentioned above still there.now after all this just wanted to throw the engine but everyone is saying that donot change it otherwize you will putting yourself in a mess. 1krfe is a nightmare for me. My family and kids love this car whenever I decided to sell. Kids says baba ye car nahi bechni. Do anyone have the solution.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well tell your mechanic that this this engine has been given the 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010International Engine of the Year awards in the sub-1.0 liter category. Toyota KR engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, aglay nay apna thesis dey diya lol

15. 07-10-2013, 10:02 PM

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am using toyota 10w 30 3.1L as recommended by its manual. Using the same tyre as you mentioned. My question is do I need to change engine. Or not. How to know what is the problem of economy. Scanner show that everything is fine.no fault or code detected. Secondly when I switch on anything like headlights or ac or move the steering right left when idle the car vibrates and then come back to normal. My throttle body, map sensor, and oxygen sensor are crystal clear. And using all genuine filters.using high octane with super. Wheels are aligned and balanced. Air intake and exhaust checked. Valve clearance checked. New iridium plugs installed. Cat removed. Alternater changed. New 60 amp battery installed but actually giving 45 amp. Mount and foundation checked and one replaced. Fuel injecter cleaned.brake pads changed. Spend hell of amount of money but bad economy and vibration as I mentioned above still there.now after all this just wanted to throw the engine but everyone is saying that donot change it otherwize you will putting yourself in a mess. 1krfe is a nightmare for me. My family and kids love this car whenever I decided to sell. Kids says baba ye car nahi bechni. Do anyone have the solution.

Try to use 100% total hi premium instead of mixing with hi octane. I have tried Hi Octane and I got pathetic mileage. It is true that I am not getting more then 11 km/l but this maximum average is only on Total & not on Shell or PSO or Hi Octane.

I am pretty sure that you might not get more than this. Try using STP Gas Treatment or Complete Fuel System Cleaner from Metro / Hyperstar, this may increase your mileage by 1 or 2 kms.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go to any mechanic with any sort of live scan device, warm up the engine and see the following items

1 - Short term fuel trim
    2 - long term fuel trim
    3 - spark timing advance
    4 - AFR sensor reading
    5 - post cat sensor reading

If you are seeing long term trims nearing about more than 10% in anyway (+ve or -ve) then you need to sort out why this is happening. To see it the AFR sensor is very a nice indicator to see the fuel mix, make sure the MAF is also seeing something going. If your trims are cuckoo a systematic approach is required to bring the tune back to factory specification.

In some cases AFR sensors have worn out (unlikely but possible) - missing cat will cause problems as the ECU sees the post cat o2 sensor wildly fluctuating (meaning no or dead cat present) - fuel leak off into the manifold also causes excessive fuelling
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Friends I am driving vitz 2012, measuring upto 17.3 km/l in city, not yet tested on highway. This avg is on the meter. ODO reads 83000 km. Not done any tunning. Just oil change.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

jo mirza kar loun vitz ki vibration khtm nahi hoti ha beshak jo marzi kar lo
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MADDYBOY View Post
    jo mirza kar loun vitz ki vibration khtm nahi hoti ha beshak jo marzi kar lo
    well the only way out is to swap the engine with 2NZ-FE.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aakbar View Post
    well the only way out is to swap the engine with 2NZ-FE.
    no the right way is to fix the 1krfe
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by margallar View Post
    no the right way is to fix the 1krfe
    Please mention how to fix it. I believe 1Kr-Fe has some vibration (more than other normal engines) which can't be fixed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List