Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Vitz 1KR-FE engine problems

Hello all !
    I have a quite experience in vitz because in three year i have changed six vitz ..all were 1000 cc. But model difference. While using vitz 2007 the engine was driven 70000km but in good condition ..i drive it ,no vibration no engine noise ....but when i purchase 2009 model vitz (25000 km driven) but engine was vibration badly..mechanic washed throttle body and it works but vibration was not ended but it reduces.
    Recently i sold 2009 model and purchase 2012 model vitz new shape. Engine is driven 6800km and recently fully maintain .oil etc changed ..throttle body and spark plugs cleaning ..engine is good and giving good milage ...but problem is when engine start .. i feel vibration in interior ...when i open up bonet engine was vibrating. Not in still condition...mechanics says kay itni vibration tu hoti hay..but i m not satisfied yet ..i vil make video of the engine vibration and will upolad in evening...
    But any expert of engine r among u kindly give me advise.

Sent from my HTC One using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

some of the vibration will stay, first check the mounts, second thing would be to scan the ecu and find out whether everything is perfect, i have a feeling that something is wrong with most 1krfe vitz, they don't give good enough fuel average and they vibrate, i feel it is something related to valve clearance, vvti or sensors

the vitz service manual shows a detailed troubleshooting flow chart. that should be implemented.

i feel that the vibration might be a slight misfire
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello guys , i got the the same toyota vitz model 08 problem is same . I tried every thing man still this vibration doesnt go , should i clean my fuel injectors ? Need ur advice cuz i saw in new shape vitz that car doesn't vibrate but they equipped with same engine.

4. 14-09-2016, 06:46 PM

PakWheeler

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aakbar View Post
    well the only way out is to swap the engine with 2NZ-FE.
    How about swapping a 1nzfe?

Sent from my LG-D851 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Don't know what Toyota engineers were high on when they launched the dumbest configuration of a CVT and a 3 cyl 1KRFE on a 1010kg car,
    To achieve speeds if you over rev, the tranny is the first thing to go, once you are done with tranny and 100,s of configurations, your engine has seen enough and it starts to shy away.
    So actually one of the thing, either the tranny or the engine is never , I repeat never working optimally.
    I recommend to throw this scrap metal (engine)away and enjoy 2SZFE .. Do whatever you want to with it and it won't bug you at all.
    Vitz is a lovely car, quiet cabin, awesome AC, but the 1000cc variant in 2nd generation is PITA

Sent from my HTC D628h using PW Forums mobile app
    AE 86

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vitz 1.0 - 3 cylinders engine is not bad at all.
    It all depends on the condition of your engine.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I recently changed my vitz injectors and car is back to life.. no more sluggish.. same lovely pick and drive It use to 5 years back..
    One more thing is catlytic convertor that got blocked and need to be clean.
    In Pakistan we lack expert mechanics of this car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well let me share my story here.
    I have recently bought a toyota iq, driven 192k kilometers (yes you read that right). The car has 1kr-fe and just bogged down significantly when accelerated. Hell lot of knocking and poor drivability.
    Started off by cleaning throttle body, changed spark plugs, clean fuel filter, cat removal (bad decision though) and everything that one can think off. That improved things a little but not what i was looking for.
    Eventually googled and found EGR valve clogging an issue with this particular engine. Had to sit on mechanic's head to tell him what to do and how to clean it. It was pretty clogged and after cleaning, car is back to life. significant improvement.
    Therefore, add one more thing to your do-list of cleaning EGR valve and trim on which it is connected to the intake manifold.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hamz80 View Post
    Well let me share my story here.
    I have recently bought a toyota iq, driven 192k kilometers (yes you read that right). The car has 1kr-fe and just bogged down significantly when accelerated. Hell lot of knocking and poor drivability.
    Started off by cleaning throttle body, changed spark plugs, clean fuel filter, cat removal (bad decision though) and everything that one can think off. That improved things a little but not what i was looking for.
    Eventually googled and found EGR valve clogging an issue with this particular engine. Had to sit on mechanic's head to tell him what to do and how to clean it. It was pretty clogged and after cleaning, car is back to life. significant improvement.
    Therefore, add one more thing to your do-list of cleaning EGR valve and trim on which it is connected to the intake manifold.
    Did you take a pictorial demonstration of it

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kkoool View Post
    Don't know what Toyota engineers were high on when they launched the dumbest configuration of a CVT and a 3 cyl 1KRFE on a 1010kg car,
    To achieve speeds if you over rev, the tranny is the first thing to go, once you are done with tranny and 100,s of configurations, your engine has seen enough and it starts to shy away.
    So actually one of the thing, either the tranny or the engine is never , I repeat never working optimally.
    I recommend to throw this scrap metal (engine)away and enjoy 2SZFE .. Do whatever you want to with it and it won't bug you at all.
    Vitz is a lovely car, quiet cabin, awesome AC, but the 1000cc variant in 2nd generation is PITA

How about shifting to 1nzfe? Is it possible? Because the category in docus after swapping will remain the same, i. E 1000cc

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by codenamezagr View Post
    How about shifting to 1nzfe? Is it possible? Because the category in docus after swapping will remain the same, i. E 1000cc

2SZFE is a 1300cc 4 cylinder engine with a very high compression ratio, better inlet design, and I have found it to be very powerful, taken the car to 180km without any stress.
    The swap is relatively simple as the gearbox remains the same, just throw in the uncut wiring and you are good to go. Same radiator and fuel pump is used. 1nz is also possible but I have heard the inlet design for Vitz is very different and hard to get.

AE 86

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kkoool View Post
    2SZFE is a 1300cc 4 cylinder engine with a very high compression ratio, better inlet design, and I have found it to be very powerful, taken the car to 180km without any stress.
    The swap is relatively simple as the gearbox remains the same, just throw in the uncut wiring and you are good to go. Same radiator and fuel pump is used. 1nz is also possible but I have heard the inlet design for Vitz is very different and hard to get.

Perhaps you are ignoring the documentation factor. Yes its possible to upgrade from 1.0 to 1.3 but the taxes will differ so is the resale value. Moreover what opinions you suggest for swapping a passo 1krfe engine, i am more inclined to buy a 1nzfe engine with wiring but i am not confident because of the transmission adjustment for passo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

User Tag List