1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default VITZ get OBD code P0171 on scanner

my vitz get code on scanner P0171 (Fuel trim too lean bank 1).
    i have done valve clearence in my car valve grinding but my car taking long self to start . pick and speed of is increased but when i switch on AC pick dies if i press hard the accelerator it sound loud like zooom and shift with a jerk but without AC its ok no need to press hard accelerator. mechanic told me its bcoz to bad fuel pump its not generating enough pressure . how to check fuel pump pressure
    or its bcoz of bad O2 sensor .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rhagvan View Post
    my vitz get code on scanner P0171 (Fuel trim too lean bank 1).
    i have done valve clearence in my car valve grinding but my car taking long self to start . pick and speed of is increased but when i switch on AC pick dies if i press hard the accelerator it sound loud like zooom and shift with a jerk but without AC its ok no need to press hard accelerator. mechanic told me its bcoz to bad fuel pump its not generating enough pressure . how to check fuel pump pressure
    or its bcoz of bad O2 sensor .
    Here is some information that should be useful for you:

A code P0171 may mean that one or more of the following has happened: The MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor is dirty or faulty Note: The use of "oiled" air filters may cause the MAF to become dirty if the filter is over-oiled. There is also an issue with some vehicles where the MAF sensors leak the silicone potting material used to protect the circuitry. There could be a vacuum leak downstream of the MAF sensor Possible cracked vacuum or PCV line/connection Faulty or stuck open PCV valve Failed or faulty oxygen sensor (bank 1, sensor 1) Sticking/plugged or failed fuel injector Low fuel pressure (possible plugged/dirty fuel filter!) Exhaust leak between engine and first oxygen sensor

Read more at: OBD-II DTC: P0171 System Too Lean (Bank 1)
    Copyright ? OBD-Codes.com

===============================

A lot of times, cleaning the MAF sensor and finding/fixing vacuum leaks fix the problem. If you're on a tight budget, start there, but that may not be the fix for certain. So, possible solutions include: Clean the MAF sensor. Consult your service manual for it's location if you need help. I find it's best to take it off and spray it with electronics cleaner or brake cleaner. Make sure you are careful not to damage the MAF sensor, and make sure it's dry before reinstalling Inspect all vacuum and PCV hoses, replace/repair as required Inspect all hoses and connections in the air intake system Inspect and/or test the intake manifold gaskets for leakage Check for a dirty fuel filter and proper fuel pressure Ideally you'll want to monitor short and long term fuel trims using an advanced scan tool If you have access, you may want to run a smoke test

Read more at: OBD-II DTC: P0171 System Too Lean (Bank 1)
    Copyright ? OBD-Codes.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1019 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

check air filter & clean throttle body, post maintenance history. It could be bad fuel filter in the fuel pump assembly causing P0171
    if the car is on CNG then the advancer emulator is malfucntioning
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List