2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool Toyota Vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal

Removed CAT con after drivin 70k kms, and after that installed additional DHOLKI to reduce noise whhich comes after CAT removal...toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277443toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277444toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277445toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277446

1) Car on dock..
    toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277474
    toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277447toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277448toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277449toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277450toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277451toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277452toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277453toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277454

2)CAT con opened and visible by opening joint just under engine after exhaust manifold..
    toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277469

3)Brocken CAT con.
    toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277476toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277475toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277477

4) DHOLKI installation after CAT removal to reduce BHARRRR BHARRRR PHiTT PHiTT noise of Vitz
    toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277470toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277472toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277473

5) Place where extra dholki installed just close to Secondary dholki under car cabin
    toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277478toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277479toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277480toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277483

6) And Alhamdulillah my car is silent just as new and regained its lost power and acceleration which it had 4,5 years back...
    toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277504toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277505toyota vitz choked cat removal and noise solution after cat removal -1277507

<....MaVericK....>

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by LIANARULES View Post
    There is no such thing as cleaning the CC. Why do you think it isn't serviced abroad and replaced? It has many layers to it. All we see is the external one. My car's CC was cleaned, but choked within 4 months again. I had it done from bhatta chowk.

Well CC is choked due to bad fuel quality and deposits which plug into the CC. Toyota or any other company recommends changing CC after 70k but not all can afford it. CC is a mesh of ceramic plus nobel metals in it, and most of us agree not breaking it or they agree after getting their cars in trouble due to broken CC.

I think one should give a try to spend only 600 rupees if it works wel rather to spend 4500 for replacing the sensors afterwards.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I've removed the CC from my car. I know I shouldn't do that and all- but the pumps should give us good petrol aswell then? We get low quality petrol. It ought to be blocked! I did some reasearch before taking it out. Honestly, when I took it off, I thought I'd made a mistake. But it took one new sensor to solve everything! Total cost was 4.5k for me. The car runs freely now and has regained the pick-which I had never witnessed before.
    Which sensor you are talking about ?? Why does only removing cost you 4.5k :s
    Boy Badnam hua LIANA tery liya

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Proverbial_Slang View Post
    Which workshop in DHA would that be?

As far as I know, cleaning the CAT is useless as per the internet research. Breaking or removing is a common practice all over the world. The question is, what are the ill effects of removal?

My dear Internet has some details of cleaning the CC as well, but you may know that breaking CAT is not a recommended practice. It ruins out your AFR and Oxygen sensors as well. The answer to your question regarding ill effects is that the post CAT sensor is oxygen sensor or sometimes called Lambda sensor. It functions by measuring the proportion of oxygen in the remaining exhaust gas, and by knowing the volume and temperature of the air entering the cylinders amongst other things, an ECU can use look-up tables to determine the amount of fuel required to burn at the stoichiometric ratio (14.7:1 air:fuel by mass for gasoline) to ensure complete combustion.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The mechanic i got it done from is in DHA Phase 1 , behind police station Defence A, Ghazi Road at auto workshops near Charad Pind.

Shop is Arshed Autos and mechanic name is Abdulwahid.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waqasjamil View Post
    The mechanic i got it done from is in DHA Phase 1 , behind police station Defence A, Ghazi Road at auto workshops near Charad Pind.

The place is near to where I live and there are many workshops there but idn't know which ones are good.

BTW, can you tell me if there is a good diesel mechanic there?
    Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waqasjamil View Post

I live very close to that. Probably the worst workshops I've gone too. My santro broke down in K block. I pushed it till there, they asked for 2500 to repair something related to the fan. I then called for my Liana and towed it to bhatta chowk. Costed 200 Once was sold fake oil there. Once was sold a fake sensor and my car was stranded for 3 days because of that. So yeah, you can't trust those workshops.
    Under the Coconut tree

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I live very close to that. Probably the worst workshops I've gone too. My santro broke down in K block. I pushed it till there, they asked for 2500 to repair something related to the fan. I then called for my Liana and towed it to bhatta chowk. Costed 200 Once was sold fake oil there. Once was sold a fake sensor and my car was stranded for 3 days because of that. So yeah, you can't trust those workshops.
    Well You are correct, most of the mechanics there are untrained and rip off the money. I use to go there when i owned a santro and i go to the only workshop at the corner (school side). I went there through reference of a friend. Only mechanic is good. I dont recommend for any other work. Mechanic( Mr.Wahid) is very honest and loyal so i trust him and he does what he is told to do, not like other mechanics who insist on their way of work, no matter wrong or right.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

One thing important is that the car's work must be done by the mechanic himself not by his Chotaa's.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hasooboy View Post
    Which sensor you are talking about ?? Why does only removing cost you 4.5k :s
    My car's oxygen sensor had become lazy due to the Clogged CC. I had it replaced once I had the CC removed. Now, I'm enjoying a 50% better pick and a much better fuel average!
    Under the Coconut tree

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cat

The mechanic removed the honey comb and the glass wool from the primary sound suppressor [ S^ S^] , which is being termed as CAT or catalytic converter , since then the sound of the car has increased . Holly Bummer what Did I do ):
    1. was it a catalytic converter is the first question
    I think the answer is NO.
    the second thing about this S^S^ , it is located very close to the fan plastic shield , and the glass wool in the S^ S^ was to prevent heat being transmitted.
    This piece comes with a manifold and is expensive. so replacement is a difficult to swollow pill. So this little cylinderlike S^S^
    should be wrapped with glass wool and should be clamped. It will resolve one issue. For sound issue Add a local sound supressor Known as dholki before the middle dholki.
    As for atalitic converters Cars having a pair of O2 sensors do not have a CAT . unless in California because they have co2 & Co issues. by standard CA law.
    Correct me if I am wrong i will appreciate

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think the primary sound / temperature suppressor is being termed as CAT If it is a CAT then there has to be a smog pump air flow entering the cat. But there is a flow pipe after this Sound suppressor. Cars with O2 coupled with CO sensors do not need a CAT by design
    unless in california. I may be wrong

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cat

The mechanic removed the honey comb and the glass wool from the primary sound suppressor [ S^ S^] , which is being termed as CAT or catalytic converter , since then the sound of the car has increased . Holly Bummer what Did I do ):
    1. was it a catalytic converter is the first question
    I think the answer is NO.
    the second thing about this S^S^ , it is located very close to the fan plastic shield , and the glass wool in the S^ S^ was to prevent heat being transmitted.
    This piece comes with a manifold and is expensive. so replacement is a difficult to swollow pill. So this little cylinderlike S^S^
    should be wrapped with glass wool and should be clamped. It will resolve one issue. For sound issue Add a local sound supressor Known as dholki before the middle dholki.
    As for atalitic converters Cars having a pair of O2 sensors do not have a CAT . unless in California because they have co2 & Co issues. by standard CA law.
    Correct me if I am wrong i will appreciate

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here are my comments:
    1. CATCON can be cleaned by high pressure air. Don't have to break it.
    2. Hi-octane also has lead in Pakistan, perhaps more lead than regular (check PARCO website).
    3. Don't fill up from Attock and PSO, your CATCON will last longer. Shell is best.
    4. In Islamabad CATCON's are cleaned at Sarya chowk by Imran silencer wall. Does good job.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In some cases cat cannot be cleaned if it is chocked way to much. No matter what you try it won't open.
    This happened with my Vitz 2006.
    The best thing is to replace exhaust manifold from spare part market.
    I got it for 6k from bilalganj, it was brand new in condition and it's jali was completely white carbon free.
    My car's performance was top notch again.
    I recommend everyone to change it rather then breaking or cleaning it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default save your CAT

Price of a used CAT is in thousands so save it

if O2 sensor is bad then cat will be the victum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4tAyWfdHB8

how to check the O2 sensor. Let an electrician do this. write down the steps . No adventures DIY stuff
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uqmYkl7t0c

o2 sensor with 4 wires What is it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKsS6AELPuM

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have been toying with the idea of removing the Catcon for a couple years but the fear of O2 getting fouled and burned and the car running too lean is stopping me.
    Theoretically, if Cat is removed, the exhaust gases will become richer for the secondary O2 sensor and the ECU will make the car run leaner, which will result is detonation and premature engine wear.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent using Curiosity's onboard communications sytem.
    Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default TOYOTA vitz noise after CAT removal

Please guide me how to install the extra dholki after CAT removal to get rid of noise.
    I hv 08 Model.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear guide me where to install the extra dholki.I have 08 model ov VITZ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it is better you should install cat convertor
    if it is not install in the car most of the sensor does not work
    -

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Waqas
    Could you please give me the number and address of your mechanic, i have suzuki wagonr, its cathlatic is chocked.

Thanks
    waqasjamil;4591589]Today i Got My Vitz's Catalytic Converter Washed and and Cleaned with High pressure air and petrol.

I must say that the people who do the stupidity of breaking the CAT converter on the recommendations of the local learned mechanics do bad with their rides because the pick and power or my car is much improved and noise and rattling is greatly reduced.

First I went to TOYOTA CANTT Motors to get it cleaned but they refused straightaway and told that they will break it instead of cleaning as they d'nt do such practices. Anyways then i went to my trusted old mechanic in DHA who did all the job and he was also convinced of cleaning it rather to break it.

My mechanic told me that a person use to buy the broken CAT Converters from us @ Rs1200/Kg. He was probably not aware of the precious platinum present in the CAT Converters which is Used in jewelry making and mixing.

Here are the Pics:-

BEFORE

The dis assembly and removing the AFR sensor.
    Toyota Vitz chocked CAT removal and Noise *SOLUTION* after CAT removal -1499859

Toyota Vitz chocked CAT removal and Noise *SOLUTION* after CAT removal -1499860

The AFR sensor, you can see has the deposits of so called unleaded fuel in Pakistan.

The Senor is Denso, so if anyone has to change it for any reason, he can see the part number.
    Toyota Vitz chocked CAT removal and Noise *SOLUTION* after CAT removal -1499863
    Toyota Vitz chocked CAT removal and Noise *SOLUTION* after CAT removal -1499864

Toyota Vitz chocked CAT removal and Noise *SOLUTION* after CAT removal -1499865

Toyota Vitz chocked CAT removal and Noise *SOLUTION* after CAT removal -1499866

The Exhaust Manifold was Clean. I couldnt get the clear pic of CAT from AFR sensor orifice as it is too small.
    Toyota Vitz chocked CAT removal and Noise *SOLUTION* after CAT removal -1499867

Toyota Vitz chocked CAT removal and Noise *SOLUTION* after CAT removal -1499870

Cleaning First with Water and Detergent. Sensor was cleaned with petrol only.

Toyota Vitz chocked CAT removal and Noise *SOLUTION* after CAT removal -1499874

Toyota Vitz chocked CAT removal and Noise *SOLUTION* after CAT removal -1499872

Toyota Vitz chocked CAT removal and Noise *SOLUTION* after CAT removal -1499875

Petrol and high pressure air cleaning

Toyota Vitz chocked CAT removal and Noise *SOLUTION* after CAT removal -1499876[/QUOTE]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

User Tag List