Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Haroon_Tarar
  • 1 Post By capsat
  • 1 Post By Husnain85

Thread: urgent help vitz 07 transmission problem

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Husnain85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Gujrat
    Age
    31
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Exclamation urgent help vitz 07 transmission problem

    AOA guyzz i have vitz 07 import 13 (Newshape)
    using it frm last 5-6 months,,, when i purchased it there was sum thing wrong with its gear box,,,,when i shift it to "D" car wont start moving when release the brake,,,,,and when shifted my foot from brake to acceleator..car starts moving with a jerk.
    went to toyota they said change the gear oil n this problem will b solved get it changed frm them(n when they open the tray they showed me that there is no gear oil n instead of oil these is kind of black greece),,, car was driven 147000km n they said it seems like owner in japan never change the gear oil.
    any wayz after sumtime weird kind of noise start cuming frm the gear box like "kurrrrrrrrrrr" but i keep on using the car.
    noise wasnt loud n drive was ok so i ignored that noise.
    now yesterday while cuming back home stop at a shop,,,, came back start the car shifted to "D" n NOTHING........tried it 50 times n nothing car is going in reverse but when shifted to D...S or B nothing happens.
    now what i think gearbox is completely gone.
    Question is can it b repaired or i need to change the whole gearbox...... n need ur help in getting address or number of a gud auto tranny machenic in LAhore.

    ENgine is working fine....a/c is working.....all electrical things r working going revese is fine.... only prob is with gearbox.
    Now expets plzzz diganose the EXACT problem n tell me where to go in lahore n how much its gona cost.
    Thanks in advance.


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    akash190's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kharian
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,399
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Husnain85 View Post
    AOA guyzz i have vitz 07 import 13 (Newshape)
    using it frm last 5-6 months,,, when i purchased it there was sum thing wrong with its gear box,,,,when i shift it to "D" car wont start moving when release the brake,,,,,and when shifted my foot from brake to acceleator..car starts moving with a jerk.
    went to toyota they said change the gear oil n this problem will b solved get it changed frm them(n when they open the tray they showed me that there is no gear oil n instead of oil these is kind of black greece),,, car was driven 147000km n they said it seems like owner in japan never change the gear oil.
    any wayz after sumtime weird kind of noise start cuming frm the gear box like "kurrrrrrrrrrr" but i keep on using the car.
    noise wasnt loud n drive was ok so i ignored that noise.
    now yesterday while cuming back home stop at a shop,,,, came back start the car shifted to "D" n NOTHING........tried it 50 times n nothing car is going in reverse but when shifted to D...S or B nothing happens.
    now what i think gearbox is completely gone.
    Question is can it b repaired or i need to change the whole gearbox...... n need ur help in getting address or number of a gud auto tranny machenic in LAhore.

    ENgine is working fine....a/c is working.....all electrical things r working going revese is fine.... only prob is with gearbox.
    Now expets plzzz diganose the EXACT problem n tell me where to go in lahore n how much its gona cost.
    Thanks in advance.
    repairing is just for guzara .try to get a new one if needed.
    A real driver knows exactly what's in his car.

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    Einstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    972
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    The kurr sound which you say that is probably the knocking sound of the engine.

    The gearbox at my vitz used to make a sound like kard kard kard. Like something constantly hitting something else on every rotation.

    Also there was sometimes a screeching sound when the car was started.

    Came out that the fly wheel and the converter both were broken :/.

    Car never stopped. I was very lucky because when i reached the mechanic only then the fly wheel was completely broken and nothing moved when you moved the key in the ignition.

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,578
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Post

    Toyota CVT U-340E - trans fluid need change between 40 ~ 55000 km with filter change. If it was never changed till your purchase, am sorry but the transmission is KAPUT, you need to search the yards for a working CVT transmission, when purchase for swap please refresh the oil & filter before rigging into your car. ensure that you get the CVT from yard with coupled Torque converter

    remember to reset ECU after the transmission swap
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    Husnain85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Gujrat
    Age
    31
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    Toyota CVT U-340E - trans fluid need change between 40 ~ 55000 km with filter change. If it was never changed till your purchase, am sorry but the transmission is KAPUT, you need to search the yards for a working CVT transmission, when purchase for swap please refresh the oil & filter before rigging into your car. ensure that you get the CVT from yard with coupled Torque converter

    remember to reset ECU after the transmission swap


    thanks bro for ur help.
    i m planning to go to yard on tuesday.
    bro i cannot take my car to lahore coz its not moving n 2ndly in my city there is no market of used transmission so after purchasing it from lahore i have to bring it to my city n get it changed... but how im going to check in yard that what im purchasing is a good working condition transmission?
    n 2ndly bro wats this coupled torque converter and how to reset this ECU after swap.

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,363
    Follows
    18
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    13

    Default

    do check if ur car is awd or 2wd and
    buy accordingly.junkyard people shld give guarantee of thr product.i dnt think u can check it, as it would be sealed

    ecu can be reset by taking battery terminal off
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Haroon_Tarar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,213
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Buying kabli samaan is an art. If you don't know how to or have no one who can do it for you, let me know. Will refer you to a guy who will buy it for you and guarantee excellent stuff.

    First check prices yourself and then let me know.

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,578
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    if the member Haroon Tarar saheb is offering help, please do accept & have an opportunity to learn more, visit him as well to see what he does to so many mercedes vehicles it will be a pleasant learning visit for you

    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,363
    Follows
    18
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    13

    Default

    my colleague fried the auto gear of his axio AWD

    80-90,000 ka teeka :|
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    Husnain85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Gujrat
    Age
    31
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    my colleague fried the auto gear of his axio AWD

    80-90,000 ka teeka :|
    but this is vitz 2wd n wat i heard (not sure) its about 30k teeeka.

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    Husnain85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Gujrat
    Age
    31
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Ok guys went to bilal gunj yesterday bought a used gear box in very good condition for 25k.(with a frnds refrence)
    guy removed gear box from engine in front of me so 1 thing i don't have to worry that its not repaired.
    3k is labor so in total it cost me around 30k.
    read in a thread a guy paid 45k for the same gearbox.
    so guyzzz its better to buy parts urself.
    i checked 2~3 mechanics in my city they all gave me estimate of 40K+..... so by going to lahore myself i saved minimum 10k

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    OgRe1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    174
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I am also experiencing problem in my suzuki every transmission, It works fine on plain road, shifting is smooth but today when i tried to park the car on a little steep position transmission refused to work, as a result i had to reverse the car and then came with speed to get to that point, what could be the problem? @Xulfiqar @capsat any thaughts on it?

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,578
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    buying a JDM car require few immediate things to be done: a) transmission fluid & filter change b) engine oil & filter change reason being no track record of maintenance available. changing wheels / tyres shall be considered secondary.
    @OgRe1985 please do the above & post results.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    thekhanlala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Multan
    Posts
    919
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @OP: In Multan from where did you bought the car and what was the Mileage mentioned by Dealer and on Auction sheet?
    "May God keep you away from the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger, and the revenge of the Afghans." ~Alexander the Great.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •