Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Vitz Ground Clearance Issue - Should I change tyres?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation Vitz Ground Clearance Issue - Should I change tyres?

Hello all,

I purchased a Vitz 2010 a few days ago, immediately I noticed there's a ground clearance issue with the car where the car hits from the bottom with almost every speed breaker. I am concerned if some of this is due to my tyre size that came with the car.

Right now the car has 165/70 R14. Should I consider upgrading do a different size if it would raise the height of the car a little bit?

Your advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by issamkhan1 View Post
    Guyz,

Need sone help regarding ground clearance. One of the Toyota dealers suggested to increase the spring size from 6 to 9 inches
    Support sought
    is he a dealer or scrapyard owner seriously no 3S shop can be so idiot

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The best size to opt for Vitz is 185/65/R14 if u want the OEM Diameter size of 23.1 inches with better road grip.
    However, if u r looking to increase the height of the car, u can opt for 185/70/R14, with this size ur wheel diameter will increase by 1 inch to 24.2 inches giving u an additional 1 inch ground clearance.
    If u opt for 195/60/R15, u'll only be adding more weight to the car resulting in a decrease in fuel economy. 195/60/R15 has a diameter of 24.2inches which is same as 185/70/R14. Plus, 195/60/R15 will slightly be uncomfortable as compared to 185/70/R14 as the former has a smaller sidewall.
    Bumper Sticker: "I feed off other people's rage, so drive carefully :-)."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Docjunaid View Post
    15 size Rims
    195R15 tyres
    Keep tyre pressure 28+

ive been using this set up for almost 2 years now

No spacer needed
    Even with 4 person in car ground clearance is good

Sent from my 4S using Tapatalk
    Which model/ year your car is?
    Knowledgeable buyer is Rational decision maker. (Y)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Use recommended size tires and use spacers or change springs. Ride height is maintained by springs.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for 195/60/15 or 185/70/15. I am using 195/60/15 from past two year. Trust me no problem at all. No Problem of millage or pick at all.
    Don't go for the spacers or spring change( not at all recommended), they will destroy your car rear suspension, road grip and abs functionality.

Make sure you get the right offset, with right width, when selecting rims.. for tires i will suggest that for yokohama.. if you still need some more help regarding rims and tire selection pm any time bro

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Still if you are facing problem

visit this web side Toyota Vitz 2007 - Wheel & Tire Sizes, PCD, Offset and Rims specs - Wheel-size.com

I hope you will get the answer

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what if i use R15 in vitz ?
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

be prepared for scrubbing at corners and with 4 adults in car .. @MADDYBOY
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@khm42747 has mentioned the right size to be used in my opinion.

I have used Vitz 06 for a year, Belta 06 for 3 years and currently using Vitz 11 and Vitz 08.I tried multiple sizes and best I found was 185 65 R15 which was the best compromise among ground clearance , fuel economy, car handling and braking.

If you want the best fuel economy, go for the stock size but thats the issue, car will have ground clearance issue as JDM is supposed to be for Japan only. So it means we have to compromise on economy here. First step is easy to move from 14 inch to 15 inch tyre. It means the rim diameter has increased from 14 to 15 inch so increased ground clearance. The second step is bit tricky, say we have 195/60/R15 tyre. It means the tyre width is 195 mm and height (sidewall) is 60 percent of 195 = 117 sidewall. Theoretically wider tyre can harm your ABS calculations, traction control calculations etc (saying theoretically as I cant find out if its happening or not in my car myself) and practically "The Jali of Bumper " can be chewed by tyre or will at least create sounds on turns and high speeds (if a bit lose) by touching tyre. As we have to choose a wider tyre so go with 185/65/R15 with 120.5 mm sidewall height and less width.

My personnel opinion on fuel economy is its very relevant thing. 70 percent of time I drive alone so even with tyres r15 and heavier allow rims, my belta was giving better fuel economy then vitz 08 which was having stock sized tyres and rims but had more then 1 passenger plus driver for 80 percent times.

P.S. I might be wrong on many things above as I am no expert but happens to google and take a decision among different choices/opinions based on my interpretation.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I had vitz 2007 from 2012 to Jan 2015 and drove more than 65k kms in Lahore and Islamabad/pindi. Never had any issues with ground clearance except passing over high bumps with 4 or 5 passengers. Else I never felt it had any clearance issue. I never thought about spacers or changing the tyre size.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shehbazbashir View Post

I have used Vitz 06 for a year, Belta 06 for 3 years and currently using Vitz 11 and Vitz 08.I tried multiple sizes and best I found was 185 65 R15 which was the best compromise among ground clearance , fuel economy, car handling and braking.

If you want the best fuel economy, go for the stock size but thats the issue, car will have ground clearance issue as JDM is supposed to be for Japan only. So it means we have to compromise on economy here. First step is easy to move from 14 inch to 15 inch tyre. It means the rim diameter has increased from 14 to 15 inch so increased ground clearance. The second step is bit tricky, say we have 195/60/R15 tyre. It means the tyre width is 195 mm and height (sidewall) is 60 percent of 195 = 117 sidewall. Theoretically wider tyre can harm your ABS calculations, traction control calculations etc (saying theoretically as I cant find out if its happening or not in my car myself) and practically "The Jali of Bumper " can be chewed by tyre or will at least create sounds on turns and high speeds (if a bit lose) by touching tyre. As we have to choose a wider tyre so go with 185/65/R15 with 120.5 mm sidewall height and less width.

My personnel opinion on fuel economy is its very relevant thing. 70 percent of time I drive alone so even with tyres r15 and heavier allow rims, my belta was giving better fuel economy then vitz 08 which was having stock sized tyres and rims but had more then 1 passenger plus driver for 80 percent times.

P.S. I might be wrong on many things above as I am no expert but happens to google and take a decision among different choices/opinions based on my interpretation.
    i have put 185/70/R15 on my vitz 2010 believe me that is ZULM with the car i just drive my car for you can say like one day for the very next day i changed the rims and tyre and use its original rims and tyre
    i dont know how people opt for bigger rims and drive car but believe me i am satisfied with the drive and what i found height of the car is high even swift is having the same mentioned profile but believe it is zulm on the car
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MADDYBOY View Post
    i have put 185/70/R15 on my vitz 2010 believe me that is ZULM with the car i just drive my car for you can say like one day for the very next day i changed the rims and tyre and use its original rims and tyre
    i dont know how people opt for bigger rims and drive car but believe me i am satisfied with the drive and what i found height of the car is high even swift is having the same mentioned profile but believe it is zulm on the car
    Swift recommended is 185 / 60 r15

If you put that size in vitz the you will nit feel any difference
    But the size you put is 185 / 70 r15
    Which is even bigger than corolla s 195/65 R15 in height

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@MADDYBOY 185/70 is overkill man. Use 185/65, will feel much better.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

now i m stick to its original size
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I
    Quote Originally Posted by shehbazbashir View Post

Bro, how about 185/55 for 15" rim for Vitz. I think this would be perfect.
    Don't leave a highway for a byway....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi, I have just bought vitz Model 2012, it came along with 165/70 R14. it has serious ground clearance issues plus if I drive on the straight bumpy roads at 100 along with two passengers sitting on the rear seats, car tyres touches to the body. Secondly, front left side body ground piece hits the bump when I crossed the bumps. I have read he above threads but this for 3rd generation vitz question which has intense ground clearance issue. if possible then pls share the prices of the solution.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In my 2008 vitz i only faced ground clearence issue with 4 adults sitting. 2 front 2 back.
    I bought new 185/65 tyres replaced old tyres165/60 but the problem was still dere.
    So the only option left was 1inch spacer.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if the overall weight of the new rim 15" and wider tyres is equal to the previous 14" then there is no worry of economy really... but try to get some good branded light weight rims rather than chinese rims which can be even heavier than steel rims...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well guys.i do have vitz 2010. Bought in early 2014 and so far ride is so good.giving me 15 or 15+ /l in city.on motorway I am getting almost 18 or 18+/l.
    Couple of months before I was facing the problem of ground clearance .at every bumper I have to get it slow like stoping it over the bumpers to clear them.but then I read some where how to "GET RID THIS PROBLEM ". You guys don't need to change original tiers to with bigger tires.You guys need to put right air pressure in your tires.if you check on front passenger side door you will find a sticker in Japanese language.check it it must be 230 kPa.if you google to convert 230 kPa to psi it is = 33.35. So u need to put 33 psi.Usually guys at shops don't know so they will put 32 or 31. Go for 33 front and rear tires.you will see the difference no more bumper hitting.hope it will help.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother if it's vitz Jewela then you need to put right air pressure. Believe me or not it's only cause of less air pressure .check front passenger side door and see if there is any sticker mentioning KPa .just google the digits with kPa to convert psi.result is your required air pressure for tires.i guess front is 36 and rear is 34 or 35. Once you have right air pressure no more ground clearance problem.Hope it will help.enjoy your ride.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List