Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Vitz 2008 Transmission Problem

Hi PWS

yesterday i went to PirSohawa with friends we were 4 people inside the car. Usually i never get stuck in the heights of pir sohawa but yesterday my car suddenly stopped at last height towards Monal then the car went through at second session.
    while coming back from monal at straight road when i press the accelerator fully, car takes too much time to shift gear and it also gives a high sound but taking much time to increase speed.
    i have made the following maintenance work when i purchased

at 49000 kms, Transmission oil i.e CVT,engine oil+filter air filters
    *I have changed oil+ filter three times since i bought the car
    currently the car's mileage is 59500

Kindly help me in this regard . Because every local mechanic gives me different suggestions so i dont know whether to examine the car from Toyota or some other.

Your response will be appreciated
    Thankyou

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^Ec1 choo mantar box can fix this?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    ChipLoco.com | Anything and everything from the tech world!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by atta1111 View Post
    pm for details or contact me at cell no
    that will be an attempted suicide. jokers can make you laugh letting you forget the stress for a while but will not cure your problems
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I don't know your exact problem but I faced a situation with my vitz few months back when the car stopped shifting or shifting too late. Quite a few so called transmission experts diagnosed this issue as failed transmission et el with expesnes from 20k to 50k from repair to replacement. Went to a transmission guy thru a reference in Lahore and he advised to first clean up the CVT filter and said if the problem doesn't get solved there, the car's CVT would be the pinpointed. After cleaning the filter (I've been told by Toyota motors that CVT filter isn't available - so apparently cleaning was the only choice) and changing the CVT oil, the transmission started working just fine. Get the CVT Filter cleaned up along with new CVT oil before trying anything on the CVT. Also, CVT filter needs cleaning every 20k km.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

6. 06-03-2014, 10:52 PM

PakWheeler

Reason
    not needed

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    that will be an attempted suicide. jokers can make you laugh letting you forget the stress for a while but will not cure your problems
    zidd na karya kar soneya assi aap baray zidi aan .... khayal karya kar .. te izzat karani sikh kisay waday koolon ni tay aahooo tera wii band wajjjj jaseeee .......... mooj kar CW tay.....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vitz 2008  Transmission Problem -1371909

thats a suffering joker

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aakbar View Post
    I don't know your exact problem but I faced a situation with my vitz few months back when the car stopped shifting or shifting too late. Quite a few so called transmission experts diagnosed this issue as failed transmission et el with expesnes from 20k to 50k from repair to replacement. Went to a transmission guy thru a reference in Lahore and he advised to first clean up the CVT filter and said if the problem doesn't get solved there, the car's CVT would be the pinpointed. After cleaning the filter (I've been told by Toyota motors that CVT filter isn't available - so apparently cleaning was the only choice) and changing the CVT oil, the transmission started working just fine. Get the CVT Filter cleaned up along with new CVT oil before trying anything on the CVT. Also, CVT filter needs cleaning every 20k km.
    Whats the cosr for cvt filter?
    do i have to change the transmission oil as well? I've done just 10000 kms

Sent from my GT-I9001 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ozzeyy View Post
    Whats the cosr for cvt filter?
    do i have to change the transmission oil as well? I've done just 10000 kms

Sent from my GT-I9001 using PW Forums mobile app
    U mean cost of cleaning the filter? or new filter? I couldn't find New CVT Filter and everyone told me its next to impossible to find one locally. Better get clean it every 20k. Cleaning of filter costs around 1000 to 1500 Rs but CVT oil also needs replacement although I feel you can re-use the CVT oil after cleaning the filter as CVT oil is good for 40k but I used new CVT oil.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ozzeyy please go through this thread for peace of mind & your information stay away from culprits like EC box makers
    please check all pictures carefully ---> https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/d-i...0-transmission

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ozzeyy please go through this thread for peace of mind & your information stay away from culprits like EC box makers
    please check all pictures carefully ---> https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/d-i...0-transmission
    pufff puffff smellllll of burning in jealousy and hate coming from @capsat ........ keep burning like thisss your hate is the only fuel left to run your engine........ keep it up

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ozzeyy View Post
    Hi PWS

yesterday i went to PirSohawa with friends we were 4 people inside the car. Usually i never get stuck in the heights of pir sohawa but yesterday my car suddenly stopped at last height towards Monal then the car went through at second session.
    while coming back from monal at straight road when i press the accelerator fully, car takes too much time to shift gear and it also gives a high sound but taking much time to increase speed.
    i have made the following maintenance work when i purchased

at 49000 kms, Transmission oil i.e CVT,engine oil+filter air filters
    *I have changed oil+ filter three times since i bought the car
    currently the car's mileage is 59500

Kindly help me in this regard . Because every local mechanic gives me different suggestions so i dont know whether to examine the car from Toyota or some other.

Your response will be appreciated
    Thankyou
    Aoa...Allah karay u wount have the same prob but i m sharing my experience.
    same problm was with my vitz 1000 cc 07 shape was same as urs.......exactly 100% same.....as members mention change cvt oil and clean filters i had done same frm toyota n that cost me arund 7-8k but prob was not solved even after changing oil it got worse....so went to a machenic he said gearbox needs to b changed but i keep on driving like this for i thnk 2-3 months n then studdenly 1 day car completly stoped.
    If u want to try ur luck by changing oil and cleaning filters u can...... allah karay ap k prob solve ho jai.
    If not then u need to change whole gearbox.
    These carz r driven very roughly in japan 2ndly meters are temped as well may b ur ths 59k odo in real is 159k or in sum cases 259k :-)
    We people just see these japanies cars frm outside but engine and transmission wise they r in very bad condition.

Sent from my iPad using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

pufff puffff smellllll of burning in jealousy and hate coming from @capsat ........ keep burning like thisss your hate is the only fuel left to run your engine........ keep it up

Im still awaiting the fuel trim unit for diesel engines that you claimed to have made.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Husnain85 View Post
    Aoa...Allah karay u wount have the same prob but i m sharing my experience.
    same problm was with my vitz 1000 cc 07 shape was same as urs.......exactly 100% same.....as members mention change cvt oil and clean filters i had done same frm toyota n that cost me arund 7-8k but prob was not solved even after changing oil it got worse....so went to a machenic he said gearbox needs to b changed but i keep on driving like this for i thnk 2-3 months n then studdenly 1 day car completly stoped.
    If u want to try ur luck by changing oil and cleaning filters u can...... allah karay ap k prob solve ho jai.
    If not then u need to change whole gearbox.
    These carz r driven very roughly in japan 2ndly meters are temped as well may b ur ths 59k odo in real is 159k or in sum cases 259k :-)
    We people just see these japanies cars frm outside but engine and transmission wise they r in very bad condition.

Sent from my iPad using PW Forums mobile app
    People who buy these cars whole heartidly beleive the scumbag dealers who sell them after a champi paalish and diesel detailed interior.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    Im still awaiting the fuel trim unit for diesel engines that you claimed to have made.
    right now improving the current EC1 piggyback fuel controller for Gasoline engine's changing the whole design to a 16 * 16 table with the tunning possible in different Rpm range's and at different Throttle angle's so had not worked on diesel's yet. Had 5 diesel vehicle's are lined up which are of toyota and mostly are 2L-THE, 2L-TE, 5L-E, 1KZ-TE, and 1KD-FTV only one common rail engine available for installation will first work on L and Kz series just waiting for the new Lambda Afr sensor to arrive then I will start the work on them.. In BTW what do you suggest the best Afr for running diesel on as it alway's run's lean I am going to decrease the turbo boost as well My calculations are 18.3 what do you suggest.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

People who buy these cars whole heartidly beleive the scumbag dealers who sell them after a champi paalish and diesel detailed interior.
    I think his vehicle need's to be tested on techstream by engaging active transmission test on road whether it perform's well or not if not performing well then the transmission should had worned out and need's rebuilding .. Any suggestion's..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

right now improving the current EC1 piggyback fuel controller for Gasoline engine's changing the whole design to a 16 * 16 table with the tunning possible in different Rpm range's and at different Throttle angle's so had not worked on diesel's yet. Had 5 diesel vehicle's are lined up which are of toyota and mostly are 2L-THE, 2L-TE, 5L-E, 1KZ-TE, and 1KD-FTV only one common rail engine available for installation will first work on L and Kz series just waiting for the new Lambda Afr sensor to arrive then I will start the work on them.. In BTW what do you suggest the best Afr for running diesel on as it alway's run's lean I am going to decrease the turbo boost as well My calculations are 18.3 what do you suggest.
    Vitz 2008  Transmission Problem -1372624

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what would you say changing from P ---> N ---> R --> D --> S --> B , is it not shifting gears
    Itna gusa
    93 Accord CB7 (Sold) / 2005 CL7

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

diesel engines are simple.

add fuel = accelerate
    cut fuel = decelerate.

cut the turbo boost pressure - might as well throw out the turbo too.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

diesel engines are simple.

add fuel = accelerate
    cut fuel = decelerate.

cut the turbo boost pressure - might as well throw out the turbo too.
    modyfying only the boost from 7 psi to 5 psi and will tune the AFR only till part throttle driving condition's and a wot or more than 30% throttle all the thing's will be back to it's original state for the safety of the engine so one who will install our unit in his diesel vehicle will also had to control his driving habit's as well .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

atlast my problem is solved
    had cleaned catalytic converter and there was a little shortage of transmission oil. Alhamdulilllah Car is more lighter than before.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List