Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vitz' transmission is really confusing, pls help me!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Vitz' transmission is really confusing, pls help me!!

Guys, is it just me or there a technical reason to the following problem;

1) I am in the process of buying a Vitz. I tried around three: 2007 models and also took a test drive of a couple of 2009 models.

Question: In all 2007 models, I dont feel the gear shifting. Like I feel in my 2009 City A/T and in my Civic 2006 eagle eyes A/T there were 2 stages of paddle shift throttles. Aadhay paddle dabanay pe torque lagta tha for a fast pickup and full paddle dabanay pay tou esa lagta tha jesay NOS ka button daba diya ho. What is the technical term for these paddle shifts ? And why I was unable to find same paddle shifts in Vitz 2007 and I only experienced this kind of 2-step paddle shift on one of the 2009 Vitz. But the 2009 Vitz that I just bought, doesn't have that gear shift feeling at all. I enjoy the feeling of these hear shifts and plus it gives a bit more control on picking up quick speed at anytime.

What seems to be the problem ?

Please also recommend best mechanic of Vitz who is expert in transmission issues in Karachi

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

CEEEE-VEEEEE-TEEEEE aka CVT
    Or, it's transmission has been depar.

CVT's change gears continuously depending on RPM's.
    HowStuffWorks "Pulley-based CVTs"
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Before posting a new thread please search in forums for your relevant information.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aminurrehman View Post
    Guys, is it just me or there a technical reason to the following problem;1) I am in the process of buying a Vitz. I tried around three: 2007 models and also took a test drive of a couple of 2009 models.Question: In all 2007 models, I dont feel the gear shifting. Like I feel in my 2009 City A/T and in my Civic 2006 eagle eyes A/T there were 2 stages of paddle shift throttles. Aadhay paddle dabanay pe torque lagta tha for a fast pickup and full paddle dabanay pay tou esa lagta tha jesay NOS ka button daba diya ho. What is the technical term for these paddle shifts ? And why I was unable to find same paddle shifts in Vitz 2007 and I only experienced this kind of 2-step paddle shift on one of the 2009 Vitz. But the 2009 Vitz that I just bought, doesn't have that gear shift feeling at all. I enjoy the feeling of these hear shifts and plus it gives a bit more control on picking up quick speed at anytime.What seems to be the problem ?Please also recommend best mechanic of Vitz who is expert in transmission issues in Karachi
    increased torque means that the car tried to accelerate at half pedal in the same gear it was in before increasing throttle and when you floored it, ecu downshifted the tranny and the term used for it is kickdown.

cvts work differently than standard at tranny's easiest example for explaining a cvt would be to think of the main gear as a cone, when the change in gear ratio is required the cone is simple moved with the reference to driving gear so that the size of the gear can increase or decrease smoothly, while in standard trannies there is a huge jump of gear ratio cuz there are limited number of gears with definite ratios.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List