Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Help needed in buying Vitz

Hi All,

I am planning to buy Vitz and my budget will get me a model of 2003/2004, I never have had purchased any imported car before, so there are many questions come to my mind which you good community may help me... I am really novice in this.

1. What is the difference between F and FL package in 2003/2004 model of Vitz.

2. When someone says that, this car has Airbags, how can I check them if they have never used? I mean if they already have been used than they are useless for me, so how would I know? Also, can they be again installed, if yes, than how much it costs approx.?

3. When some one says that their Vitz has always been on petrol and never been used on CNG, how can I confirm it? may be they have just taken off the complete CNG kit!

4. How much you guys think a good condition Vitz should cost around 2003/2004 model pertol running?

Thanks in advance,
    Regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

to best of my knowledge:
    1- fl has some extra features like climate control, 4 head rests, velvet instead of fabric on door panels etc
    2- you can check that air bag light turns on and turns off with ignition. and its wiring is not tempered. better get it checked by some expert. airbags can be installed again. but you will need to find it in scrap or import it. i guess price will be around 1 lakh.
    3-you can try to find cylinder fitting marks and other marks for example on fuel opener. anyway if a ride drives perfect, don't worry if cng has been used or not.
    4- 7-8
    Quote Originally Posted by f_hkhan View Post
    Hi All,

I am planning to buy Vitz and my budget will get me a model of 2003/2004, I never have had purchased any imported car before, so there are many questions come to my mind which you good community may help me... I am really novice in this.

2. When someone says that, this car has Airbags, how can I check them if they have never used? I mean if they already have been used than they are useless for me, so how would I know? Also, can they be again installed, if yes, than how much it costs approx.?

3. When some one says that their Vitz has always been on petrol and never been used on CNG, how can I confirm it? may be they have just taken off the complete CNG kit!

4. How much you guys think a good condition Vitz should cost around 2003/2004 model pertol running?

Thanks in advance,
    Regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I also would like to share according to the best of my knowledge.

1. An F package has analog meters, 2 head, 1 air bag
    FL a digital meter, pv, 2 air bags, headrests 4 (2003 and above models) new style with the silver dash panel (2003 and above models) withdraw mirrors, press the trunk (2003 and above models)

2. Airbag Deployment Detection

Despite cover-up jobs, there are some ways to tell if the vehicle has had an airbag deployed.

Utilize All Research Options

Ask the seller detailed questions about the vehicle you intend to buy. Specifically, you want information concerning accidents. Unless the vehicle sustained only minor damage to the sides or the rear, there was probably an airbag deployment. There are services that provide vehicle histories. Some vehicle sellers will supply a copy of the report free of charge. However, be prepared to order and purchase one on your own. Even with the vehicle history report, you should always take the vehicle to a trusted mechanic for an impartial inspection. Not only will you know if there was an airbag deployment, but you will also know if the vehicle is in good working order.

Inspect the Airbag Cover

When an airbag deploys, the airbag cover splits apart. The split cover can be repaired. Look and feel for any unevenness in the cover. Check for the presence of seams and repainting. If the cover was repainted, it will look "fresh" compared to the rest of the interior. Check the cover to see if it has the vehicle manufacturer's emblem and the SRS (Safety Restraint System) logo on it. Cosmetic airbag covers will not have the emblem or the SRS logo. Indeed, some cosmetic covers will state that there is not an airbag inside it.

Inspect the Dash

Another indicator of airbag deployment is dash replacement. When there is an airbag deployment, both the driver and passenger side airbags will have deployed. Since the passenger side airbag is located inside the dash, an airbag deployment will split the dash open.

Check the Airbag Indicator Light

The airbag indicator light can clue you in on airbag system trouble. Turn the ignition key to the first position, and pause there. This is the indicator light test position. You should see all the indicator lights turn on, including the airbag light. Turn the ignition to the start position and start the vehicle. Take note of the airbag indicator light. Normal operation is when the light comes on momentarily and goes out. If the light stays on or flashes, there is a problem with the airbag system.

There are vehicle sellers and mechanics that will try to fool unsuspecting used car buyers by hiding an airbag deployment. You need to know whether the vehicle had an airbag deployed before you purchase it. Vehicle self-inspections and vehicle reports are a good start in detecting airbag deployment. However, the best way to detect it is to take the vehicle to a trusted mechanic for a thorough inspection.

3. follow advice from Mr. meh1

4. In Karachi - mint condition 600k to 700k

REMEMBER! airbag is useful with seatbelt only - therefore always buckle up and arrive safely

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by f_hkhan View Post
    Hi All,

Thanks in advance,
    Regards
    ''Creativity is contagious, pass it on''

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam,

Thanks for your helpful suggestions.

Also, with regards to my question point no. 4. it appears as market for Vitz 2003/2004 is going some higher than usual, could be due to Eid nearing or Vitz are short.

Regards.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

in market prices of clean rides are always sky high. and you need skills of a good buyer like patience and bargaining

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List