140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Vitz Striptease

Asalamoalaikum Dear Pakwheelers! Most of us know the importance of good maintenance and detailing when done professionally or even by our ownselves. The level of satisfaction is immense. I had bought a 2010 Toyota Vitz for my family as a daily driver. In fact, calling it a workhorse would be more suitable. While I was away, the vehicle was given for detailed servicing (detailing) at PSO Gas Pump located in Bahria Phase 4 who charged 2500/- per session. Rip offs. When I came and saw the vehicle, to my horror, it was in a mess. This time around, I took matter into my own hands. So let the pictures do the talking.

The Result (Part-1)

Vitz Striptease -1504311Vitz Striptease -1504308Vitz Striptease -1504312Vitz Striptease -1504309Vitz Striptease -1504310Vitz Striptease -1504307
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fouadbakht View Post
    Vitz Striptease -1505998
    Yes v r waiting....
    Leave sooner, drive slower, live longer

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by suzukialtomehran View Post
    Thanks alot janab actually its my 2nd cultus, its 2006 model white totally stock and little bit in neglected condition (Needs servicing and some painting + adjustment only on bumpers. but have plans for it whenever i got time inshaALLAH.
    Great (Y)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fouadbakht View Post
    Vitz Striptease -1505998
    Subscribed.

Sent from my Nexus IV using Tapatalk running Android 5.0 L.
    Drive what you can handle.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Fouad

dear i have been looking for a car for my wife and my options are narrowed down to 1 very good condition pino 2007.

and a very nice vitz2007 (1.3L). the difference in price is more than 3 lack. however my mechanic is persistent not to get vitz and instead i should look for city.

since it is going to be the learning car for my wife i am getting more and more confused in whether i should buy the vitz or not

please suggest if there is any special issue wit vitz like very expensive parts etc etc

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking View Post
    @Fouad

dear i have been looking for a car for my wife and my options are narrowed down to 1 very good condition pino 2007.

and a very nice vitz2007 (1.3L). the difference in price is more than 3 lack. however my mechanic is persistent not to get vitz and instead i should look for city.

since it is going to be the learning car for my wife i am getting more and more confused in whether i should buy the vitz or not

please suggest if there is any special issue wit vitz like very expensive parts etc etc
    Brother, I'm glad that you asked. The selection involves some basic considerations from personal and market perspectives. These include: Reliability, Economy, Utility, apart from Resale, availability and cost of spares. First off let me narrate my experience. My mother being aged needed a car with these characteristics:
    1. Automatic Transmission for convenience, comfort and more focus on the road
    2. Compact Hatchback for easy handling in traffic and while parking
    3. Spacious enough for loading those monthly groceries or pick/drop duty of a platoon of grandchildren.
    4. Fuel efficient thereby eliminating any need of CNG.
    IMHO, the first two factors would apply to a lady of any age.

The Story of Our Vitz
    Now, my mother asked for a JDM Mehran so I told her she meant a JDM Suzuki Alto. I took her to quite a few showrooms to check out/drive the Alto but recommended her the current Passo as being slightly better. Well, the Passo was more utilitarian and looked/felt solidly built but somehow she didn't feel comfortable while being seated in the car so naturally the driving experience was not commensurate. Finally, I made her check out our current 2010 Vitz. She was immensely and immediately impressed the moment she sat in the car. Comfortable seats, nice all around view (very important for lady drivers), and good layout of the dashboard and its controls. Okay, so far so good.
    At this point when she was all set for the Vitz, I recommended yet another option: Honda City 1.3 Prosmatec. Took her to Honda Classic Islamabad for a demo but she refused. One: More expensive without any obvious advantages except the boot and 1.3L engine. Two: No airbags. Three: Uncomfortable seats. Four: I didn't tell her about the stiffer or hard suspension.
    Next Stop: 2010 Toyota Vitz. Supposedly 4.5 Grade with Genuinely Verified Auction Sheet blah blah.

Our Experience
    It has proved to be a real workhorse. Seen all kinds of road, sustained our dusty environment, hot weather and yet never gives up (Mashallah). Highly fuel efficient. Never required any mechanical or electronic work apart from the full tuning it had initially. Change of tyres, all fluids (engine oil, CVT oil, brake oil, coolant etc) and filters. The slight knocking issue remains which immediately vanishes whenever I fill in some Hi-Octane fuel. From groceries, school pick and drop, outings to even cement bags and sanitary fittings transporter from Raja Bazar to Bahria. It just does the job.

In your scenario, i strongly suggest you take our sister to check and try out both. While it's going to be you to ultimately decide, there are pros and cons to everything. Personally, I don't like the Pino's shape. It just seems out of place. Do reason with your mechanic as to why he is preferring City over Vitz. Because of his experiences? Or Maybe he has got a secret seller looking for a buyer (you).
    To sum it up, both are capable cars (1.3 Vitz and 1.3 Honda City), well made and suited to our environment. But both would offer trade-offs. Relate them to your personal preferences and budget and you will get your answer. City will experience a dip in its resale value as soon as the new model launches (probably sometime mid next year) whereas 2007 Vitz has seen and had its share of price drop and is probably stable enough in the resale department.
    Spare parts are easily and adequately available (both new and used). Cost wise parts are almost equally priced but please don't take my word for it yet unless someone here gives a full experience. Mechanics are well conversant with working on both. So, finally, it might be a tough one but it's your call.

If the difference is more than 3 Lacs, look elsewhere for a nice 1.0 Vitz. But I won't compare a Pino to a Vitz.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Fouad

Brother you have some skills with writing. may be you can be jeremy clarkson of pakistan.

Thanks for the feed back.

I am stuck at PINO because its gonna be first ever car of my wife. she is gonna learn on it and probably an initial bump or two are on the cards (as per my previous experience with the mother and sisters - its inevitable) .

I know the mechanic for 2nd generation too. probably he is pushing for city coz he has many contacts with Kabli parts dealers and he once fixed my friends vitz (a foreigner) and it really did cost a lot even tough only thing that was fixed was a radiator, a bumper and a faulty fuel sensor. whereas there are many citys around and the fixing cost is lesser.

Now the things is i found this pino and vitz after almost 3 months. have been to each dealer in isb and pindi. they all lie and i cant stand that. i even explored the option of importing an ESSE (probably best in 660 class) thats what i think. but nothing seems to workout at the moment.

I understand that Vitz has the range and drive and comfort that should be there however what i fear is in case of a bump how small it may be if 8 air bags pop out than i will be in a sure shot fix. besides since daily commute will include IJP road so m getting more and more skeptical. if the car had been for me no doubt i would have gone for vitz.

i like vitz a lot however its application is restricting me at the moment in my case.

I dont like dadoo city's shape. and the new one costs more than 13 lack (even used). its probably out of question anyway.

lets hope something turns out well IA.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

we are waiting for some final outcome pics plz

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well, it's good to know that you've done your homework pretty well like the mechanic and other factors catered for. In that case your decision is good enough. When I said I didn't like Pino, I was referring to the shape. Rest we all know it's pretty reliable. My mother's case was a little different. She had been driving all sorts of cars since 1990 in Pakistan and even Canada so Vitz was okay. But taking que from the "bump" thing, I'm going to follow your footsteps when buying for my wife.
    And thank you indeed for the compliment.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

2 of the learned friends (proper car enthusiasts) are persistent that since i have found the proper Vitz must not miss the opportunity to procure it. As per them any local city or swift and pino is by far no match for the reliability and drive and feel of vitz.

referring to your point # 1 and 2 it will also be the most suited option.

as far as repair cost is concerned it would be same for PINO and Vitz no major difference and parts of both cars are likely available.

so the strategy would be to make begum learn to drive by becoming a co driver as long as possible and hope its gonna be safe IA.

Gonna go for Vitz lets hope it works. Thanks for guidance. and sorry for being off topic on your detailing thread.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

by the way since you bought vitz for your mother i doubt you gonna go for anything less than it once you are buying for wife.

there are reasons to that which i believe married people would understand.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I agree with thinking. Fouad and @ak471 both have the skills to Generate Interest amongst their readers :thumbup:.

Sent from my HUAWEI G610-U20 using Tapatalk 2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Fouad

Brother you have some skills with writing. may be you can be jeremy clarkson of pakistan.
    James May to be exact. Only person capable of going that long in details.

Clarkson cant be that much sensible as he would go side ways saying "Poooowerrrrrrr", fix things with hammer, questioning "how hard can it be?" and end it like "on that bomb shell, yes you can buy a Honda City for females in pakistan but for the love of god don't, buy vitz instead". Thank you for watching. See you next week. Good night".

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Your thread inspired me to clean my Santro 06. Since i was doing it alone, it took a hell lot of time for me to strip it out and clean it. Right now all the interior parts are cleaned and carpet is washed using surf. I'll place all the stuff back in car tomorrow. I just hope that it would take two hours to complete the job as i have to leave for office around 10 . P.s i couldn't take the pictures, was too tired.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Derby52 View Post
    Your thread inspired me to clean my Santro 06. Since i was doing it alone, it took a hell lot of time for me to strip it out and clean it. Right now all the interior parts are cleaned and carpet is washed using surf. I'll place all the stuff back in car tomorrow. I just hope that it would take two hours to complete the job as i have to leave for office around 10 . P.s i couldn't take the pictures, was too tired.
    Turn that frown upside down. It's alright. Just enjoy it while you do it. You will be done in no time. Best of luck.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Got the vitz. Alhamd u lillah.

but i am probably one of those guys who doesnt believe in removing the carpets for cleaning it up from underneath. its way too complicated and will surely leave some noises once put back.

ideally anything that is visible and accessible should be cleaned properly and thats detailing for me. removing and re assembling is more a restoration process.

but thats just me. not taking anything away from fouad specially the effort to get it all done properly.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Rapper

bro as far as i have understood the top gear show, the script is all written and all 3 of them are actors. Jeremy being the least influenced by the act and written words.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Fouad

what is the verdict on getting the vitz engine cleaned on service station.

the guy i got it from never got it washed. m not too sure about that.

please advice.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

by the way since you bought vitz for your mother i doubt you gonna go for anything less than it once you are buying for wife.

there are reasons to that which i believe married people would understand.
    You nailed it. Even the model of that Vitz has to be a step down. Well said

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Derby52 View Post
    I couldn't be happier. I bet you got the confidence and satisfaction of a clean car finally. If everything put back correctly, much of rattling also goes away. Great job.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Got the vitz. Alhamd u lillah.

but i am probably one of those guys who doesnt believe in removing the carpets for cleaning it up from underneath. its way too complicated and will surely leave some noises once put back.

ideally anything that is visible and accessible should be cleaned properly and thats detailing for me. removing and re assembling is more a restoration process.

but thats just me. not taking anything away from fouad specially the effort to get it all done properly.
    Great. Mashallah and congrats. May Allah bless you and your family with all the joy and safety. For now, I understand, but sooner or later I bet you will follow the footsteps. It's not an option.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

User Tag List