Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ayla..yaris..wagon r..v2 and now volkswagen cars will b gr8 addition in pak auto market....gone r the daz in pak when there was little compitition and high prices...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

VW's delegation is excited to see prices of cars in Pakistan...germans believe they can offer more features and duriabilty in lesser price tags

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    Daihatsu / Toyota - gathered 3 year import data of 660 & 1000 cc vehicles from across Pakistan & Customs. The price for multiple variant of Kei class & 1000 cc class varied between 635000 to 1.1 million. which due to currency disparity & taxation is almost the same even after 2~3 years of local registration means car is 5 ~ 6 year old model.

A Brand from Daihatsu 1000 cc auto with power windows, aircon & EPS will be announced for booking by mid march 2016. 1st 500 units will be imported ones, while Toyota will stick to 1.3 and above market under Corolla badge.
    Quote Originally Posted by usmansaeed2 View Post
    Another good news is tat volkswagen a german giant is about to enter in Pakistan in a big way like full car lineup will be launched in pakistan...The big three monopoly will b broken.

Bas ker pagle, Rulaega kya is the statement that comes to my mind.
    @capsat seriously 500 cars sample cars? This is just like your previous statement that the sample Etios Liva Indus motors had came from India, And more were coming, While actually it was an Indonesian import.

Any ways. Indus is earning good and doesnt seems to be interested in marketing Daihatsu, Still if they come up with a car from Daihatsu its either going to be Coure/Mira or the thai/malaysia/Indonesian Ayla.

Other then that mostly fingers crossed for the thai/Asian spec Yaris (which is different from the 3rd GEN JDM Vitz).
    @usmansaeed2, Volks wagon isnt coming anytime soon. Its going to take time

Till then we can think of the 660cc Alto being displayed, Brio and Fit which were displayed, an Etios which was spotted at the INdus motor plant, And the Yaris and Vios that were being driven here and there in Khi-Lhr-Isl.

Their were plans for the AT XLI as well, only 3 cars were made. Fingers crossed.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usmansaeed2 View Post
    VW cars will gve real tough tme to big three especially toyota mentality in pakistan will finish
    I wish that becomes true. But please read the news carefully, things are not looking good as local auto mafia is trying its best to influence government to block entry of new assemblers. A total of 3 major companies have expressed interest in investing in Pakistan: Volkswagen, General Motors, and Nissan-Renault and have requested government to liberalize the new entrant policy. They are in talks with government for a long period of time but so far government is favoring existing assemblers at the cost of consumers. Even the Japanese Embassy has approached all the way to PM level to protect its monopoly and continue exploiting consumers

Furthermore, local firms, especially Paksuzuki have easily convinced the government to withdraw proposal of "Mandatory Model Change" after 10 years. Safety Standards (mandatory airbags, abs, immobilizer) are also not being implemented to favor the big 3 at the cost of the consumers. Corruption and Incompetence by government in this sector is at an all time high..

I will quote from one the articles below
    A Senior public official confirmed to media "that the existing assemblers always block new investment in the country"

source:
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/new...s-new-entrants
    How to tackle challenges: New auto policy ?€“ no change on horizon - The Express Tribune
    Auto policy draft - Newspaper - DAWN.COM
    Auto policy: Asif, Zubair irked by excessive regulation? | Business Recorder

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

everytime a vehicle manufacturer in Pakistan submit a summary to launch a new BADGE , a blanket permit is issued for 500 CBU, plus an years production of CKD kits, About ETIOS - The GD i viewed mentioned INDIA and mode of shipment - By Train / Sea. some TEST vehicles came from INDIA while the CKD must be planned from ASEAN. - FEW Test vehicle are still parked in open out at the shade next to test track

I don see any European Manufacturer making any appearance in Local Automotive scene before 2020 or later
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

everytime a vehicle manufacturer in Pakistan submit a summary to launch a new BADGE , a blanket permit is issued for 500 CBU, plus an years production of CKD kits, About ETIOS - The GD i viewed mentioned INDIA and mode of shipment - By Train / Sea. some TEST vehicles came from INDIA while the CKD must be planned from ASEAN. - FEW Test vehicle are still parked in open out at the shade next to test track

I don see any European Manufacturer making any appearance in Local Automotive scene before 2020 or later
    I agree Volumes have to be increased to attract Europeans.Only 151000/- made last year 116000 the year before, number should be

atleast half a million annual sale to lure them

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by alphab View Post
    I agree Volumes have to be increased to attract Europeans.Only 151000/- made last year 116000 the year before, number should be

atleast half a million annual sale to lure them
    Volume is a significant factor but not the only reason some these potential manufacturers assemble in countries with similar or even lower volumes. Our polices and regulations favour existing assemblers too much. Read the articles I posted above and you'll have a clearer picture.

One way of increasing volumes is to introduce completion so that a price war starts between assemblers and sales increase.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Upcoming, and seemingly disappointing, automotive policy is from 2015-20. Unless this policy allows SKDs and lowers localization requirements for new entrants as previously discussed chances are low of any Europe or American manufacturer entering.

So yes you are possibly right maybe in 2020 when the 2020-25 policy arrives and there is some other hopefully better and more competent policy makers things can change.

BTW which car is are you expecting to launch here ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dont know about other test vehicles, But a Indus motors bought a Etios and a Brio which were later auctioned sold on tender, The white Brio can be seen roaming around in DHA karachi
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any updates anyone?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No update
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zuhaibafzal View Post
    No update
    All rumors so far. If manufacturers import a car for feedback it does not mean they are launching it. A good indicator that a new model is launching is if vendors get orders for parts (which usually happens several months in advance).

-Last year there were posts that Celerio was launching in Q2 2015 which turned out to be false.
    -Then there were posts in 2013 that newer shape Alto would be launched.
    -There were even some posts that Mehran would be replaced.

I have said all the time that manufacturers are enjoying a monopoly and government is fully overprotecting them. When there is no competition in Pakistan these manufacturers esp PakSuzuki will never replace models. Government is catering only to the interests of assemblers /Japanese Embassy. After there were reports in the media that the German Embassy had asked the government to facilitate Volkswagen by allowing SKDs and MKDs (semi knock down and medium knock down kits) the Japanese Ambassador has met all the way with the PM and Finance Minister to ensure that over-protection of Japanese assemblers is maintained and concessions are not given to new entrants (in other words entry of German or American assemblers is blocked). This has occurred at a time when Volkswagen, General Motors, and Nissan-Renault have all expressed interest in entering Pakistan and have asked for incentives for entry.

The only way to get modern vehicles in line with international market and timely model replacements is if the government implements a pro-consumer auto policy that creates competition and forces manufacturers to upgrade technology and provide safety features. the way things are right now there is no change on the horizon.

How to tackle challenges: New auto policy – no change on horizon - The Express Tribune - This article will give further clarity.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Celerio will be launched, under the name of Cultus. The tooling required to manufacture it has already been purchased from India by Pak Suzuki. And it will be launched sometime next year. And I'm pretty sure Mehran will be discontinued shortly after, I've been told this would happen in 2017, but i would give it another year before they'd actually do it.
    || Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/saqibshams/ || Instagram: ssshams ||

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My Aqua.
    Achieved average After Refuelling & placing original Airfilter, trip from Scheme3 to H-10 Isb Via peshawar Rd & kashmir highway & back.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drsaqibshams View Post
    Celerio will be launched, under the name of Cultus. The tooling required to manufacture it has already been purchased from India by Pak Suzuki. And it will be launched sometime next year. And I'm pretty sure Mehran will be discontinued shortly after, I've been told this would happen in 2017, but i would give it another year before they'd actually do it.
    Dear bro Allah kre aap ke bataieen such hon....plss tell us all abt source of ur prediction..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cars under either CBU or CKD and auto parts from INDIA as well are included in the "negative list" implemented by the Government of Pakistan - in other words government has totally restricted import of automotive components from India.

There were rumors last year that Celerio will launch in 2015. Paksuzuki has a monopoly in small car market, read my posts above . In such a government supported monopoly this Japanese company has zero interest in investing further in Pakistan when it can reap huge profits from 1980's era design and technology.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mehranferrari View Post
    Cars under either CBU or CKD and auto parts from INDIA as well are included in the "negative list" implemented by the Government of Pakistan - in other words government has totally restricted import of automotive components from India.

There were rumors last year that Celerio will launch in 2015. Paksuzuki has a monopoly in small car market, read my posts above . In such a government supported monopoly this Japanese company has zero interest in investing further in Pakistan when it can reap huge profits from 1980's era design and technology.
    Yes, this was only possible if Pakistan had granted MFN status to India ( Most Favoured Nation )
    But due to monopoly of these big 3, this step was cancelled by the government.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Yaris/ Vitz 1.2 launching in Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by mehranferrari View Post

Do you have a reliable source of information? Or are you saying all this because you think that's the case here? Because I'm pretty confident about my source... Heck I'll even put money on it. Would you?
    || Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/saqibshams/ || Instagram: ssshams ||

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How about we bet on it? My source is very authentic.
    Bro pls share ur source....its gud news if correct...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Do you have a reliable source of information? Or are you saying all this because you think that's the case here? Because I'm pretty confident about my source... Heck I'll even put money on it. Would you?
    with all due respect I am not here to argue or debate or do something like bet money over such a thing. I am stating what is a fact for everyone's knowledge. We all like to dream and wish new cars would launch here but the dynamics of Pakistan's auto industry are not in favor of consumer. Google the negative list between India and Pakistan or Call up and confirm with any officer from the Ministry of Commerce or Pakistan Customs (FBR).

My source is publicly available information by FBR, Ministry of Commerce, and various news research articles from both Pakistan and India not some person.

http://www.commerce.gov.pk/Downloads...93_2012-15.pdf

Ministry of Commerce
    Import Policy Order 2012-15
    Appendix G "List of Items not Importable from India"

read line items HS Chapter 87 in the banned list. Not only are CBU's banned even almost all auto parts are banned from India. I am just posting a few auto related item for your info you can review the whole list yourself. It's too big to post here.

8702.1010 - Components for assembly / manufacture of vehicles, in
    any kit form
    8703.2112 Components for the assembly / manufacture of mini vantype vehicles, in any kit form
    8703.2113 Mini Vans (CBU)
    8703.2220 Vehicles of a cylinder capacity exceeding 1000cc but notexceeding 1300cc.
    8703.2193 4x4 vehicles (CBU)

I am not posting a huge list to cover all items but pretty much almost everything is covered in the banned items list of import from India even small items like...
    4012.9020 Rim flaps, mud flaps / guards

Even if Celerio does launch in Pakistan anytime soon ... it's components cannot be imported for India and neither can a CBU celerio be imported from there... it has to come from another source.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

User Tag List