Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zuhaibafzal View Post
    VIOS looks ugly infront of New City.
    Lets wait till that day then. Let them both launch and see who's right about it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vios looks very good especially from rear.
    Aunda Fan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

VIOS looks ugly infront of New City.
    Looks pretty decent to me definitely better than city, city is good looking but now the design is kind of outdated and old.
    There is another post in the blogs and they are saying Pakwheel's sources in IMC have confirmed that Yaris is coming and they'll probably discontinue XLI. These are good signs at last we'll have some variety in the market that'd improve the competition and bring us different choices. These are hopeful signs of an improving car industry. Excited

Check the last picture, that's a good potential for this car. Let me put it this way, Jennifer Aniston is without a doubt very hot but a greater percentage of population would prefer Jennifer Lawrance now. (No offence if someone will still prefer Jennifer Aniston)
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If I believe as mentioned in Pakwheels blog that the Yaris and Vios Sedan will be coming sometime in end 2016, mid 2017, then both the current models ( Yaris/vitz hatchback and Vios sedan as pictured in this thread) will be in last stage of production by 2016. As both are already present for about a year in South Asian Market. By 2017 a production prototype will already be out for the next generation in outside world. Maybe by 2017 a new generation of Vitz/ Yaris hatchback will be out. We always get things late. I am not sure what IMC is planning as it will be failure to introduce current generation by end of 2016 in Pakistan.

The future of Belta, Vios/ Yaris sedan is still shady, Toyota Already stopped selling it NA market, Correct me if I am wrong, even in Japan its no more for sale. It has major market of sale in South Asian countries+ Australia only at this time.
    Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

City 1.3L is 1299 cc
    on paper its 1299cc but in real 1.3ivtec L13z1 is 1339cc

L13Z1 i-VTEC

L13Z1 i-VTEC in Fifth Gen Honda City Pakistan

My lugnuts require more torque than your Vtec can put out...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

exterior of toyota cars just keep getting better and better whereas recent honda cars suck. have a look at new corolla camry and this vios. All beautiful whereas the new civic and accord are nowhere close to their competitors. No wonder why honda had to launch an early refresh to keep some market for civic. Though Pakistan didn't get that either lol

< Coming from a honda owner/lover >

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fazalwahab11375 View Post
    If I believe as mentioned in Pakwheels blog that the Yaris and Vios Sedan will be coming sometime in end 2016, mid 2017, then both the current models ( Yaris/vitz hatchback and Vios sedan as pictured in this thread) will be in last stage of production by 2016. As both are already present for about a year in South Asian Market. By 2017 a production prototype will already be out for the next generation in outside world. Maybe by 2017 a new generation of Vitz/ Yaris hatchback will be out. We always get things late. I am not sure what IMC is planning as it will be failure to introduce current generation by end of 2016 in Pakistan.

The future of Belta, Vios/ Yaris sedan is still shady, Toyota Already stopped selling it NA market, Correct me if I am wrong, even in Japan its no more for sale. It has major market of sale in South Asian countries+ Australia only at this time.
    Unfortunately Paksuzuki started this trend and has made Pakistan one of the most technologically obsolete automotive assembling countries in the world. Nowhere else is Suzuki making/selling the obsolete vehicles that it does in Pakistan. On paper and on government forums Paksuzuki claims it is manufacturing modern high quality vehicles and this is something the government says too. I fail to realize what the Ministry of Industries and production is doing. Then there are also reports that Paksuzuki & PAMA have a good influence in our country's political circles to keep the government from implementing modern automotive safety, quality and environmental standards. Paksuzuki is 100% owned by Suzuki Japan and simply repatriating profits.

This trend of manufacturing obsolete vehicles has caused technological stagnation in the industry, causing great harm in the long run. You are correct about Vios/Belta/Yaris Sedans their major market is now south and south east asia.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    Vios looks very good especially from rear.
    Looks good from rear :/
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fazalwahab11375 View Post

You are right, I still have to see the 3rd GEN Belta/Platz, VITZ Lift back, But VIOS is particularly an Asian spec car designed in Thailand/Malaysia/Indonesian countries, Probably because a lower spec Corolla wasn't offered in these countries (including India where only Corolla Altis 1.8L is sold).

for the indian market i dont know why Vitz/Yaris wasnt offered and they came up with ETIOS currently ETIOS is only sold in India and Indonesia, the ETIOS Liftback is only sold in India.

For India as well as relived by @nickatnite Toyota India has plans for Yaris/VIOS in future.

for the Pakistani market there is space for a mid sized or subcompact sedan i suppose, like Vios and SwiftDzire and or the Honda Brio Sedan.

that's why i say an ideal replacement for Paksuzukis Cultus would be the Swift Dzire not a Celerio or a WagonR.

and btw Indus motors have Yaris planed for 2nd-3rd Quater 2015. Vios is only on the wishlist. Which might take another year or end plans

EDIT :

as earlier posted on this thread that indus motors had imported a Brio for internal testing and comparision their might be insights of Honda working on Brio/Brio sedan and as hinted by Paksuzuki that they plan a Swift Dzire in future.

Vios can be a killer to SwiftDzire and Brio Sedan, By only having the toyota reliability.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post

for the indian market i dont know why Vitz/Yaris wasnt offered and they came up with ETIOS currently ETIOS is only sold in India and Indonesia, the ETIOS Liftback is only sold in India.

For India as well as relived by @nickatnite Toyota India has plans for Yaris/VIOS in future.
    The Etios/Vitz/Yaris all share the same underpinnings and bits and pieces from the same parts bin. by the time the new gen Vios is introduced in India the Etios would have outlived it's 5-year cycle and it makes economic sense to go with one model instead of catering to individual markets. or, you never know as right now Etios occupies pride of place in Toyota's Indian made car lineup.the Vios might be added to the lineup to fight the City and a new set of Etios cars might show up. Toyota can afford to experiment, i guess.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/get...sive-auto-show

Toyota Yaris 12 launching in Pakistan -1525270
    Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

don't know why but I don't like new toyota vehicle design 11gen/yaris/vario all looks ugly to me atleast toyota is trying to follow Russian to make thing bigger and bulky

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
    The Etios/Vitz/Yaris all share the same underpinnings and bits and pieces from the same parts bin. by the time the new gen Vios is introduced in India the Etios would have outlived it's 5-year cycle and it makes economic sense to go with one model instead of catering to individual markets. or, you never know as right now Etios occupies pride of place in Toyota's Indian made car lineup.the Vios might be added to the lineup to fight the City and a new set of Etios cars might show up. Toyota can afford to experiment, i guess.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/get...sive-auto-show

Toyota Yaris 12 launching in Pakistan -1525270
    Since Etios/Yaris are being sold side by side in indonesia then why not India as well. We have seen Suzuki doing quite well with sister brand rivalry i.e so many cars within a price range. Maruti800/alto k10/celerio/ a star / etc
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You are right, I still have to see the 3rd GEN Belta/Platz, VITZ Lift back, But VIOS is particularly an Asian spec car designed in Thailand/Malaysia/Indonesian countries, Probably because a lower spec Corolla wasn't offered in these countries (including India where only Corolla Altis 1.8L is sold).

for the Pakistani market there is space for a mid sized or subcompact sedan i suppose, like Vios and SwiftDzire and or the Honda Brio Sedan.

that's why i say an ideal replacement for Paksuzukis Cultus would be the Swift Dzire not a Celerio or a WagonR.

and btw Indus motors have Yaris planed for 2nd-3rd Quater 2015. Vios is only on the wishlist. Which might take another year or end plans

EDIT :

as earlier posted on this thread that indus motors had imported a Brio for internal testing and comparision their might be insights of Honda working on Brio/Brio sedan and as hinted by Paksuzuki that they plan a Swift Dzire in future.

Vios can be a killer to SwiftDzire and Brio Sedan, By only having the toyota reliability.
    Vios easily will beat these subcompact sedan.
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vios easily will beat these subcompact sedan.
    With what?
    Opposite aligned tail lights?

Sent from my Nexus Mako using Tapatalk running Android 5.0 L.
    Drive what you can handle.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rapper View Post
    With what?
    Opposite aligned tail lights?

IMC definitely, have some such issues but VIOS can beat SwiftDezire and Brio Sedan anytime and any day if these cars get launched in Pakistan.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You can't compare VIOS with these compact sedans like SwiftDezire and Brio Sedan.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It will be assembled by the same monkeys.

Drive what you can handle.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

honda Fit/Jazz is a better car in all terms instead of the yaris or vios, if Honda Pak introduces it under 1.4 mill, it will sure be a Vitz/Swift/Yaris/Vios killer. and i will happily switch to it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Since Etios/Yaris are being sold side by side in indonesia then why not India as well. We have seen Suzuki doing quite well with sister brand rivalry i.e so many cars within a price range. Maruti800/alto k10/celerio/ a star / etc
    why not?. maybe Toyota will expand it's range in India like in other Asian markets like Thailand and Indonesia. Toyota exported 1888 Etios cars from india in December 2014, to where they don't say in press release.

Toyota Yaris 12 launching in Pakistan -1525661
    Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
    why not?. maybe Toyota will expand it's range in India like in other Asian markets like Thailand and Indonesia. Toyota exported 1888 Etios cars from india in December 2014, to where they don't say in press release.

Toyota Yaris 12 launching in Pakistan -1525661
    That's what I'm saying yes they can expand their line up

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

User Tag List