Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Vitz 2005 chirping noise?

Hello all,

I recently got a very clean Vitz 2005 but I've noticed a really strange sound coming from the engine compartment can't tell from where exactly it sounds like a chirping noise(it sounds like night time insects creeeech, creeeech) the kind of noise you would think is coming from the belt.

I took it to the mechanic and had the belt tightened the noise got better slightly not gone though, to be exact it comes when you put the car on D and step on the throttle till you reach 20km/h and above then when you take the foot off and step the throttle slightly the noise comes in. Although if step on the throttle is hard the noise never comes.

I did not put HOC fuel so I am wondering if this is the common knocking sound?

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please can anyone distinguish what noise is this?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i've got exactly the same problem on my vitz 2010. where're the experts we need help lol

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ask someone to sit along open the window and pop his head out and listen carefully. It might be from exterior
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

for me atleast its confirmed that the sound is from the right side of the engine bay and that too when you're driving on low RPMs at a speed of around 30km/h with a light food. a light vibration and the intermittent chirping sound practically happen simultaneously. i'm assuming usmanpk has the same issue.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exactly that brother, did you try Hi octane fuel with regular mix. Problem for me was when I bought the car I had forgotten to tell my elder bro to mix high octane he filled it up with regular fuel now I have to wait till the car is empty then I will try the mix and see if this noise finishes.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The noise is definitely from the right side of the engine bay but I am being told on another thread this is the common knocking sound that comes in Vitz so until I have tried the fuel mix I really can't say what exactly it is.

My tank is half now will update this thread after trying the mix. Although if anyone has gotten this problem of noise from the right side of engine bay....simultaneous chirping and knocking. Please do share the solution here.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro same prblm here, my vitz 2005 starts chirping sound and it continuously keep coming out of the engine, when i accelerate my car and after it goes above 30 km/h the sound starts coming out, i spent lot of amount to resolve this issue but failed, i went three times to toyota frontier, once changed the belt, secondly they told me to change the AC bearing coz they thought its due to the jammed bearing so i changed it, and 3rd time i changed the CL with toyota's genuine oil for CVT transmission and plugs as well, but still the problem is not resolved, also mixed HI-OCT but zero result.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There are several aspects behind a knocking sound. I know that because I been there and done that.
    The trendy vitz knocking sound comes with low rev, upclimb, light foot accelerator.
    I fixed the issue and found the problem rested in water pump. Jacked up the car to get a closer look at the water pump and found pink residue around the pulley. Cranked the engine, looked underneath while running and the sound was definitely coming from the pump. Got it replaced and no knocking what so ever, been 2 years now.
    Here are the other fixes i did/tested before getting to the actual problem.
    -40% hi-octane.
    -Checking the engine coolant (at the radiator, not just the overfill bottle). Because i heard If it is low, an air bubble can get into the waterpump and make weird noises.
    -checking weather the plugs needed to be changed.
    -changing Transmission oil.
    -checking alternator.

Sent by my Nexus V using Tapatalk.
    Drive what you can handle.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Knocking sound

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rapper View Post
    There are several aspects behind a knocking sound. I know that because I been there and done that.
    The trendy vitz knocking sound comes with low rev, upclimb, light foot accelerator.
    I fixed the issue and found the problem rested in water pump. Jacked up the car to get a closer look at the water pump and found pink residue around the pulley. Cranked the engine, looked underneath while running and the sound was definitely coming from the pump. Got it replaced and no knocking what so ever, been 2 years now.
    -40% hi-octane.
    -Checking the engine coolant (at the radiator, not just the overfill bottle). Because i heard If it is low, an air bubble can get into the waterpump and make weird noises.
    -checking alternator.

Rapper bro which city are you based in? Is it possible to meet and you can show me where this problem is exactly. I'm in Islamabad. I would also be very thankful of you please tell me a workshop that you had got this problem fixed from? I have been trying back and forth and realised this sound is unbearable and I am sure there is a fix for it as you mention.

Waiting for your reply

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usmankpk View Post
    Rapper bro which city are you based in? Is it possible to meet and you can show me where this problem is exactly. I'm in Islamabad. I would also be very thankful of you please tell me a workshop that you had got this problem fixed from? I have been trying back and forth and realised this sound is unbearable and I am sure there is a fix for it as you mention.

Waiting for your reply

I prefer other fixes that I mentioned in my post before you go for the water pump.
    Replacing the water pump is the last hurray. Before changing should be checked by mechanic if there is any pink residue around there by getting below the car and thorough inspection.
    The thing is that it is a complex job changing the water pump. First comes the price that is around what I remember paying 13-15k PKR for the pump it self and 6k for the labor.
    The radiator will be drained.
    Alternator will be removed for a clean access to the pump.
    Pump pulley will be removed.
    For removing the pump either the AC line is removed or Engine mount flexed. (Flexing engine mount is easy and it saves time too).

Important things to Note:
    -while removing/flexing the engine mount there should be a jack supporting the engine with some wood on it.
    -The gasket came with OEM water pump was paper thin and I had to purchase a aftermarket gasket that had better built quality weirdly.
    -You should be aware of the fact after draining the radiator the fill up shouldn't have bubbles/air pockets left behind.
    -even after draining radiator, when the water pump is removed there will be a reasonable coolant coming out.

It's a one day job. Well 4/5hrs but yeah takes one day as one has to cancel all other programs. A water pumps life is about 40-45k kilometers.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

-40% hi-octane.
    -checking alternator.

It is really hard to understand the knocking relation to water pump.. Can you please explain ?
    It seems interesting dimension.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello all,

I recently got a very clean Vitz 2005 but I've noticed a really strange sound coming from the engine compartment can't tell from where exactly it sounds like a chirping noise(it sounds like night time insects creeeech, creeeech) the kind of noise you would think is coming from the belt.

I took it to the mechanic and had the belt tightened the noise got better slightly not gone though, to be exact it comes when you put the car on D and step on the throttle till you reach 20km/h and above then when you take the foot off and step the throttle slightly the noise comes in. Although if step on the throttle is hard the noise never comes.

I did not put HOC fuel so I am wondering if this is the common knocking sound?

Just a guess
    Ask mechanic to untie AC belt and see if it gone. It seems that this sound is coming from dry/damage bearing .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by thbaig View Post
    It is really hard to understand the knocking relation to water pump.. Can you please explain ?
    It seems interesting dimension.
    Sure, well as I mentioned before I tried other fixes first but still it was bothering me. Could listen it clearly leaving out of the office parking in basement at night. Or empty steep road keeping her under 20 with light foot.
    I did try all, the alternator, the octane plus regular fuel, transmission oil if someone gets it fixed with those well that's fine with me but I had a old water pump in it and it was the actual cause may be for others the causes I stated might fix before even getting to the water pump but in my case surely was that and I got it fixed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sure, well as I mentioned before I tried other fixes first but still it was bothering me. Could listen it clearly leaving out of the office parking in basement at night. Or empty steep road keeping her under 20 with light foot.
    I did try all, the alternator, the octane plus regular fuel, transmission oil if someone gets it fixed with those well that's fine with me but I had a old water pump in it and it was the actual cause may be for others the causes I stated might fix before even getting to the water pump but in my case surely was that and I got it fixed.

Rapper, thats good but could you tell us who the mechanic was where you got this issue resolved? I need to show my car to a reliable mechanic.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Rapper, thats good but could you tell us who the mechanic was where you got this issue resolved? I need to show my car to a reliable mechanic.
    Usman i m having the same problem. Did u find any solution? If yes plx share here.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Rapper bro did ur noise went away if u put the car in S mode or put the ac on?
    Coz mine goes away if put in S Mode or when i put ac on. N mine comes between 1500-2000 RPM only.
    I thnk its the same noise.
    N i changed the waterbody. But my mehcnic only installed a part from the top after removing the serpentine belt. A small part with fan type rotary part at the end. Is it waterbody u r referring to?
    Wats the difference between waterbody and water pump?
    Plz help

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers