Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Vitz 2005 chirping noise?

Hello all,

I recently got a very clean Vitz 2005 but I've noticed a really strange sound coming from the engine compartment can't tell from where exactly it sounds like a chirping noise(it sounds like night time insects creeeech, creeeech) the kind of noise you would think is coming from the belt.

I took it to the mechanic and had the belt tightened the noise got better slightly not gone though, to be exact it comes when you put the car on D and step on the throttle till you reach 20km/h and above then when you take the foot off and step the throttle slightly the noise comes in. Although if step on the throttle is hard the noise never comes.

I did not put HOC fuel so I am wondering if this is the common knocking sound?

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waleed2409 View Post
    Rapper bro did ur noise went away if u put the car in S mode or put the ac on?Coz mine goes away if put in S Mode or when i put ac on. N mine comes between 1500-2000 RPM only. I thnk its the same noise. N i changed the waterbody. But my mehcnic only installed a part from the top after removing the serpentine belt. A small part with fan type rotary part at the end. Is it waterbody u r referring to?Wats the difference between waterbody and water pump?Plz help
    On anydriving mode i used to listen to the sound with AC or not. Mostly uphill and low revs. As my vitz is 1999 so i dont really have a Rpm guage as it comes with a digital speed o meter.Second yes, it is a rotary part with kind of fan type that goes into the water assembly. Water assembly needs cleaning too doesn't need to be changed (If not broken or leaked). Other than that the gasket came with the waterpump was thin so i thought about it and got me self a thicker gasket, the secondary gasket at the water inlet was checked as well and since then well everything is pretty good. Ran 40k Km after that. No noise what so ever.
    May be water body and water pump are the same OR lets say, water body is actually the water assembly. But water assembly.
    What i know is this is the water pump that i replaced.

Vitz 2005 chirping noise? -1548530

and there you can see the water assembly/Water pump cover which i dont think you are referring to.

Vitz 2005 chirping noise? -1548531
    Drive what you can handle.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes thnx a lot for getting back to me bro.
    U r rite. I changed the water pump not the water pump cover.
    By changing the pump the noise became less but did not vanish.
    Do u think i shud change water pump cover?
    How to knw for sure? N whre to get good parts?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List