1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Vitz Fuel Pump

Salam!! I have vitz 2005 i have been facing problem with its fuel pump every 2-3weeks it gets weak n car is unable to start.What can be the reason?Your advise and suggestion will be highly appreciable.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What is the model of your vitz and where r u located

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by atroo786 View Post
    Salam!! I have vitz 2005 i have been facing problem with its fuel pump every 2-3weeks it gets weak n car is unable to start.What can be the reason?Your advise and suggestion will be highly appreciable.
    Thanks

Fuel pump is the thing which is very very rare to malfunction.
    I'll say to do check with few other mechanics and don't tell them this fuel pump situation. Just tell them its starting problems etc. and let them find the solution.
    Even Toyota motors do the car check-up absolutely free. There can be number of other problems for it. So plz make sure first and then decide to change. Ok?

I have Lancer 91 model. Mechanic (whom I see almost everyday because his shop is in my neighbor) told me that fuel pump of my car is only working as 25%. So I have to change it with the speed of light. Otherwise, bla bla bla....

I took leave from office, went to bilal ganj, found the fuel pump and was on the way to mechanic to have it change.
    On the way I stopped at my electrician to fix up my A/C fuse and told him this fuel pump problem too. He called other mechanic, checked and said its perfectly fine. So I went to shop again from where I bought and asked him to return. But he said "We don't return the sold parts". However, after negotiations I sold him back with 50% price discount in just 1 day.

Its almost 1 month and my car is running as smooth as before. Not a single problem.
    However, I really want to slap that mechanic who asked me to change it.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by atroo786 View Post
    Thanks

Fuel pump is the thing which is very very rare to malfunction.
    I'll say to do check with few other mechanics and don't tell them this fuel pump situation. Just tell them its starting problems etc. and let them find the solution.
    Even Toyota motors do the car check-up absolutely free. There can be number of other problems for it. So plz make sure first and then decide to change. Ok?

I have Lancer 91 model. Mechanic (whom I see almost everyday because his shop is in my neighbor) told me that fuel pump of my car is only working as 25%. So I have to change it with the speed of light. Otherwise, bla bla bla....

I took leave from office, went to bilal ganj, found the fuel pump and was on the way to mechanic to have it change.
    On the way I stopped at my electrician to fix up my A/C fuse and told him this fuel pump problem too. He called other mechanic, checked and said its perfectly fine. So I went to shop again from where I bought and asked him to return. But he said "We don't return the sold parts". However, after negotiations I sold him back with 50% price discount in just 1 day.

Its almost 1 month and my car is running as smooth as before. Not a single problem.
    However, I really want to slap that mechanic who asked me to change it.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

did you measure fuel pressure and came to know fuel pump is failing

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am having the exact same problem. I am going through my 3rd fuel pump now.

Its like, I drive around fine. Stop the car for a while and then it just wont start. Self will try to start the engine but after Ghe Ghe Ghe Ghe Gheee... The engine just doesnt start. Mechanic comes and checks, every time he says the pressure is not enough. He changes the fuel pump and The Engine is fine as before. Its been like this since last 3 4 months.

I've got Vitz 2005 1000cc

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by meerwaleed View Post
    I am having the exact same problem. I am going through my 3rd fuel pump now.

Its like, I drive around fine. Stop the car for a while and then it just wont start. Self will try to start the engine but after Ghe Ghe Ghe Ghe Gheee... The engine just doesnt start. Mechanic comes and checks, every time he says the pressure is not enough. He changes the fuel pump and The Engine is fine as before. Its been like this since last 3 4 months.

I've got Vitz 2005 1000cc
    I have faced exactly same issue in last month. Had to change fuel pump twice. I have Vitz 2005 1000cc. There is a specific pattern or symptoms before it fails. But sometimes you can drive around whole day and suddenly pump fails.

1. Long self when starting.
    2. Sometimes need second self to start.
    3. When you move the car from rest, it gives a gap in throttle. As if car loses power for 1/4 of a second.
    4. When leaving a signal on green. It feels as if car has no power for a second.
    3. Unstable car performance and excessive knocking.

Original fuel pump is quite costly so you must be replacing kabli motors. They are hit and miss. But what worries me is fuel pump is one of the most durable parts in a car. May be you need to buy the whole assembly. My old pump worked around 2.5 years.

One thing I can separate is I used STP Injector cleaner. May be a coincidence but I did use it before my pump failed and after that I used it again since it improves car stability and again pump failed.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List