Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Whistling/chirping noise from Timing belt area of Vitz 2005

Hello PW's,

I recently bought a Vitz 2005 milage: 75,000km. The person I got it from had recently done full service etc from Toyota 3S Rawal motors. Having driven the car now 5,000km (milage: 80,000) I am facing the following 2 issues:

Requesting your guidance and suggestion on what to do:

1) When the car is on idle there is no Whistling/chirping sound, but as soon as I put it on D and drive no matter what speed the Whistling/chirping sound comes up. Although when I accelerate at higher speeds(above 100km/h) the sound goes away. I took the car to Toyota 3s dealership on rawal road and the mechanic there said its the timing belt(belt rolled around the bearings). I said fine went back in asked how much for the belt and they actually said 8,000 Rs for the "original imported from Japan"??? Then there was another option which was mentioned by Toyota service reps that I can get one which is also original but used that I can get for half the price i.e. Rs 4,000!!!?!? Seriously is it me or this is the actual price of a belt??? Is there other shops nearby Rawalpindi from where I can get a BELT for my car at a reasonable price??? At this point I am not even sure that a new belt would sort the noise issue?

2) I noticed just 2 days ago that when I accelerate, the car seems to be reving the RPM BUT the speed is not up to the par. I hear more engine rev noise and the car's speed is not up to the same mark. The RPM and speed are not inline as they were 2 days back.

Please help! Your suggestions dearly needed. Thanks!

P.S I havent done anything so far to the car in terms of servicing etc.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Anyone there....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dont these cars have timming chains? Also funny noises from vitz have been discussed many times....n people diagnosed it with water body etc......point 2 u mentioned is how cvt works.....u r new to it i guess
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Chirping sound is usually loose fan belts. Replace if necessary. Timing belts ARE this expensive at 3S. Check the market for "genuine" belts. Should be less than half the price.

Also check bearings of water body, idler, A/C compressor and timing belt idler pulleys. Although faulty bearings don't result in a chirping sound, rather grinding or hissing sounds.
    Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    Dont these cars have timming chains? Also funny noises from vitz have been discussed many times....n people diagnosed it with water body etc......point 2 u mentioned is how cvt works.....u r new to it i guess
    I dont think they have timing chains as I can actually see the belt on the outside it rolls around the bearings,,,I know how CVT works when I bought the car the pick was not what it is now. The pick is not what it used to be before, I used to accelerate and would feel the car shoot but now when I accelerate the car picks speed slowly....could it be that I need to change the engine oil?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usmankpk View Post
    I dont think they have timing chains as I can actually see the belt on the outside it rolls around the bearings,,,I know how CVT works when I bought the car the pick was not what it is now. The pick is not what it used to be before, I used to accelerate and would feel the car shoot but now when I accelerate the car picks speed slowly....could it be that I need to change the engine oil?
    The belt you see in the engine bay is not the timing belt. The timing belt is hidden underneath the timing belt cover along with the water body pulley.
    Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Proverbial_Slang View Post
    The belt you see in the engine bay is not the timing belt. The timing belt is hidden underneath the timing belt cover along with the water body pulley.
    Yes I had them confused just realized now. So I will have the fan belt replaced and just so you know it was this belt that I see in the engine bay that Toyota 3s were saying Rs8,000 for and I kid you not. Could you also suggest for the best engine oil & oil filter for this Vitz 2005? I've read a mix of reviews some suggested viscosity of 10W40 others say 5W30....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So its not timming chain but alternator belt.shld b for 800-1200 rupees i guess....i hp u keep note of cvt oil n change it on time.if u dnt want ur gear to go down!
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

your car does not utliize timing belt - it has a chain.

chirping noise is usually a worn serp belt (fan belt). try cleaning it with soap and water, also clean all the pulleys with something like brake contact cleaner to remove all impacted rubber from it. Check all pulleys, usually the alternator or water pump pulley fails.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    So its not timming chain but alternator belt.shld b for 800-1200 rupees i guess....i hp u keep note of cvt oil n change it on time.if u dnt want ur gear to go down!
    Yes the fan belt, the person I bought the car from had just changed the cvt transmission oil when he gave it to me at milage 63000km. However how would I check if it was actually changed?

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    your car does not utliize timing belt - it has a chain.

chirping noise is usually a worn serp belt (fan belt). try cleaning it with soap and water, also clean all the pulleys with something like brake contact cleaner to remove all impacted rubber from it. Check all pulleys, usually the alternator or water pump pulley fails.
    Thanks Xulfi brother! I don't really have the tools nor have I ever done this before so I wouldn't want to risk doing this myself but thanks for the guidance I might have done it if I had the right tools on me.

What about the engine oil I am still confused today I visited the market and there are different brands with different prices also a lot of suggestions. The guys at 3s said they use Toyota oil which I checked is 20w40 viscosity but then I heard and read that Vitz should use 5w30? Confused!!! Also what filter brand for my car to use.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for 5w40 of shell , kixx or havoline.its best for our climate all year round or you can use use 5w30 which is also reccomended oil for vitz.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In case the chirping sound hasn't gone away yet, I had a similar problem in my vitz (2010). Apparently it was the tension of the serpentine belt that needed some adjustment, the sound's gone now. Get your car's serpentine belt checked from a good mechanic he'll know what to do. best of luck bro.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Changed the belt with Bando brand (cost:600 Rs) code:6PKK1210 and it works like a charm. All that chirping is gone now!!! Thanks everyone for your inputs. Believe you me it helps alot when member over here chip in with their experiences.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Changed the belt with Bando brand (cost:600 Rs) code:6PKK1210 and it works like a charm. All that chirping is gone now!!! Thanks everyone for your inputs. Believe you me it helps alot when member over here chip in with their experiences.
    Thats why i love this place.every member is here to help and share his experience :-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Excellent!

Change the CVT oil. You never know what has been done with the previous owner.

I would suggest the below engine oil. I have used this in my cars since 2001 and never failed. It is the best value for money and protection for engine. Going fully synthetic doesn't make sense in our driving conditions unless you can afford it.

Whistlingchirping noise from Timing belt area of Vitz 2005 -1561255

TM
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello PW's,

I recently bought a Vitz 2005 milage: 75,000km. The person I got it from had recently done full service etc from Toyota 3S Rawal motors. Having driven the car now 5,000km (milage: 80,000) I am facing the following 2 issues:

Requesting your guidance and suggestion on what to do:

1) When the car is on idle there is no Whistling/chirping sound, but as soon as I put it on D and drive no matter what speed the Whistling/chirping sound comes up. Although when I accelerate at higher speeds(above 100km/h) the sound goes away. I took the car to Toyota 3s dealership on rawal road and the mechanic there said its the timing belt(belt rolled around the bearings). I said fine went back in asked how much for the belt and they actually said 8,000 Rs for the "original imported from Japan"??? Then there was another option which was mentioned by Toyota service reps that I can get one which is also original but used that I can get for half the price i.e. Rs 4,000!!!?!? Seriously is it me or this is the actual price of a belt??? Is there other shops nearby Rawalpindi from where I can get a BELT for my car at a reasonable price??? At this point I am not even sure that a new belt would sort the noise issue?

2) I noticed just 2 days ago that when I accelerate, the car seems to be reving the RPM BUT the speed is not up to the par. I hear more engine rev noise and the car's speed is not up to the same mark. The RPM and speed are not inline as they were 2 days back.

Please help! Your suggestions dearly needed. Thanks!

P.S I havent done anything so far to the car in terms of servicing etc.
    Good to know that you were able to solve one of the two problems....talking about the 2nd problem that you are facing...could it be the issue of CAT??? I could be wrong about this..... Experts what do you say?????
    "Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Excellent!

Change the CVT oil. You never know what has been done with the previous owner.

I would suggest the below engine oil. I have used this in my cars since 2001 and never failed. It is the best value for money and protection for engine. Going fully synthetic doesn't make sense in our driving conditions unless you can afford it.
    Bro, just today I noticed my car front left wheel makes the famous TAK TAK TAK noise on U turns only. But when driving straight there isnt the Tak Tak noise instead a squealing sound coming I think its from the left side of the car, when pressing the brakes it stops. Is it linked to the Tak Tak noise coming from the front left wheel?

I took it to the mechanic nearby and he advised to change the whole left "goddaa" having my doubts took it to another mechanic and he said to replace the kit as the goddaa boot was bust. He said there is no need to change the goddaa as it looks ok. Your suggestions would be helpful in deciding what to do.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro, just today I noticed my car front left wheel makes the famous TAK TAK TAK noise on U turns only. But when driving straight there isnt the Tak Tak noise instead a squealing sound coming I think its from the left side of the car, when pressing the brakes it stops. Is it linked to the Tak Tak noise coming from the front left wheel?

I took it to the mechanic nearby and he advised to change the whole left "goddaa" having my doubts took it to another mechanic and he said to replace the kit as the goddaa boot was bust. He said there is no need to change the goddaa as it looks ok. Your suggestions would be helpful in deciding what to do.
    Bro if there is a tak tak sound then your axle is shot due to torn boot. You will have to change it but just the outer axle.
    The squealing is probably brake pads. Get brakes serviced.

Sent using Curiosity's onboard communications sytem.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro if there is a tak tak sound then your axle is shot due to torn boot. You will have to change it but just the outer axle.
    The squealing is probably brake pads. Get brakes serviced.

Sent using Curiosity's onboard communications sytem.
    Ok that outer axle is it also known as "kit" in local terms? Because the second mechanic said the IT needs replacement. Shoul I get the Chinese or kabuli one?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List