2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Vitz 2006 1.0 suddenly stops

Today my vitz is acting strangely. It has suddenly stopped 2-3 times on the road with a long 'breath'. When I started it again each time ,it started with a quite longer ignition but at the first attempt.
    I have recently changed its fuel filter at toyota walton 3s..so I went to them to get this checked.....but during drive test this problem did not appear again.According to them there is no indication for any fault and could be a bad fuel (which I doubt as it's run on 100% high octane that too from one of the best pumps in lahore).According to them if it were a fuel filter or fuel pump issue, then it would have occured very frequently.So they have asked me to wait and see if it happens again
    Any ideas what it could be?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vitz_2006 View Post
    Just got fuel pump checked at Toyota 3s and it is generating normal 300(psi or whatever the unit is) pressure
    So fuel pump is out of equation.This problem started immediately after two things were done 1). Liquimoly fuel system treatment was used 2). Fuel filter was changed 2 days after fuel system treatment.
    According to my driver, the frequency of staling increases whenever fuel tank is refilled (could be a coincidence as well).I use PSO cavalry pump which is one of the best in lahore. Also according to him car is creating air in the fuel tank.(again he could be wrong).So any idea what the issue is. So far 3 of the toyota 3s are unable to diagnose it
    Get fuel refilled from some other Petrol station and hi octane specially.
    And specially , check the throttle body and there is some other sensor , same problem happened with my car PINO , and cleaning throttle body and changing a sensor fixed the issue.
    Rest battery and follow the idle lean procedure too.
    Hope it helps
    Always respect your parents

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Got the throttle body serviced and computer scan done this afternoon from 3s.No problem found during computer diagnosis..... But car stalled thrice today after the setvice.So throttle body and some sensor, too, are our of equation ( though not sure if computer check catches any sensor errors????)
    It's getting very confusing and annoying as no lead/clue is available right now that what is happening withdrew car.....
    Can it be fuekl cleaning system causing any damage?...
    or new fuel filter (genuine Toyota one) being faulty?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Got the throttle body serviced and computer scan done this afternoon from 3s.No problem found during computer diagnosis..... But car stalled thrice today after the setvice.So throttle body and some sensor, too, are our of equation ( though not sure if computer check catches any sensor errors????)
    It's getting very confusing and annoying as no lead/clue is available right now that what is happening withdrew car.....
    Can it be fuekl cleaning system causing any damage?...
    or new fuel filter (genuine Toyota one) being faulty?
    Are the fuel lines clean ? What about tank ?
    There will be a check lamp when there is a sensor error but in my case too there was no check lamp just electrician changed a sensor and car got normal_!
    Mine used to stall the second i take off my foot from gas pedal.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    Are the fuel lines clean ? What about tank ?
    There will be a check lamp when there is a sensor error but in my case too there was no check lamp just electrician changed a sensor and car got normal_!
    Mine used to stall the second i take off my foot from gas pedal.
    Fuel lines should be clean as this is the mai of a good fuel tpurposen purpose of fuel treatment system and liquimoly is a good brand.
    Btw which sensor did you get replaced.... It's name, cost and availability?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you checked the injectors? as the fuel system treatment may have loosen dirt which may have clogged injectors. check fuel lines too and fuel rail pressure at the injectors if you haven't already done. have you checked the air intake and all the vacuum hoses? maybe its not a fuel but air problem as both are needed for perfect mixture.

and what happens if you floor the car now, does it stumble or stall at high revs or the problem is only while starting and idling?
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and did you note any readings from scanner? or did you ask them if fuel trims were fine? because only if we compleltely rule out any fuel problem then we can go on to other mechanical stuff.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Fuel lines should be clean as this is the mai of a good fuel tpurposen purpose of fuel treatment system and liquimoly is a good brand.
    Btw which sensor did you get replaced.... It's name, cost and availability?
    I really don't know our mechanic took it to sone electrician

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok ,I did some more research. It stalls at low speed only usually before or after the speed breakers , traffic signals ,turns etc i.e at low speed and rpm. Searched the internet and experts say it could be due to idle air control valve(IAC) or Idle Speed Control Valve (ISCV) or exhaust gas return valve (EGR)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok ,I did some more research. It stalls at low speed only usually before or after the speed breakers , traffic signals ,turns etc i.e at low speed and rpm. Searched the internet and experts say it could be due to idle air control valve(IAC) or Idle Speed Control Valve (ISCV) or exhaust gas return valve (EGR)
    EGR is only on diesel cars. did you have the throttle body serviced before the problem appeared? then check the IAC or ISCV if that got disturbed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if as you say only happens at low rpms then its worth checking the ground and all eccentric connections, a leaking spark or short on the engine will rob the engine of power at low rpm. typically it happened with me once a wire was shorting on the engine block resulting in problems with coil packs and less voltage at spark plugs.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my liana was doing the same and whenever i tighten the positive terminal it works good as soon terminal loses it stalls while driving happened to me same while entering Motorway and i tighten the terminal and reached pindi without any problem got the terminal changed yesterday so i will update if it does the same or not.
    Money differs from an automobile or mistress in being equally important to those who have it and those who do not.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    EGR is only on diesel cars. did you have the throttle body serviced before the problem appeared? then check the IAC or ISCV if that got disturbed.
    This happened immediately after I did two things:
    1). Fuel system treatment used (Liquimoly)
    2). Fuel filter changed 2 days after Fuel system treatment

I got the throttle body cleaned yesterday to rule out its problem ,but stalling problem still persists
    Once stalled , car starts after a very long ignition on 1st or 2nd try

A similar problem has been described here but with no concerete solution

car stalls in the middle of driving - Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Low idle rpm problem on 2003 Toyota Camry: How I solved it - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This happened immediately after I did two things:
    1). Fuel system treatment used (Liquimoly)
    2). Fuel filter changed 2 days after Fuel system treatment

I got the throttle body cleaned yesterday to rule out its problem ,but stalling problem still persists
    Once stalled , car starts after a very long ignition on 1st or 2nd try

A similar problem has been described here but with no concerete solution

car stalls in the middle of driving - Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Low idle rpm problem on 2003 Toyota Camry: How I solved it - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
    it cant be IAC as you say it takes longer to start as well. try this once its stalls and takes longer to start floor the accelerator while cranking but immediately remove when engine starts, if flooring the accelerator while cranking makes it easier for it to start compared to no accelerator then you should do two things

goto another toyota dealership and have them look at the fuel system from start to finish again, check fuel filter again fuel pump, fuel lines and rail pressure and injectors, it can be that the toyota dealer you already went to caused the problem themselves and are now trying to cover it.

2) go to any good EFI electrician ask around in pakwheels for who's better so that bad ones dont cause more damage with their wrong test lamp techniques. go over the wiring in the engine bay especially around the engine block and check coil packs etc.

because you have done so many things your are probably getting ocnufsed and trying hit and miss technique now. it will help to go over the fundamentals from a different person once again. shouldn't cost much.

about the fuel system treatment i did once use liqui moly's in my mini pajero it was fine made a slight difference. the thing is after pouring the fuel system treatment you have to run the car hard on open roads not on short distances and make sure that the engine gets upto temperature and also a little hot as all the cleaner does is soften slightly all the debris in all the fuel ways so if you do not run hard and hot 1) it wont make a difference and 2) the debris can become stuck in the fuel lines as well even though you did well to change the fuel filter after running the treatment.

By the way it is not necessary a wrong sensor will have stored code while scanning or check engine light will be on, sometimes sensors can become out of spec and that you can only find by reading the values from the output, a filing MAF need not necessarily store a code or throw a check light if its out of spec, one can judge better from looking at its fluctuating value from the readings.

but thats why i told you to check while pressing accelerator while cranking as that will rule out sensor and will points to fuel or spark issue.

its possible that combination of fuel system treatment and pure hi octane has done the injectors for good causing restricted flow at lower rpm and while cranking.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    it cant be IAC as you say it takes longer to start as well. try this once its stalls and takes longer to start floor the accelerator while cranking but immediately remove when engine starts, if flooring the accelerator while cranking makes it easier for it to start compared to no accelerator then you should do two things

goto another toyota dealership and have them look at the fuel system from start to finish again, check fuel filter again fuel pump, fuel lines and rail pressure and injectors, it can be that the toyota dealer you already went to caused the problem themselves and are now trying to cover it.

2) go to any good EFI electrician ask around in pakwheels for who's better so that bad ones dont cause more damage with their wrong test lamp techniques. go over the wiring in the engine bay especially around the engine block and check coil packs etc.

because you have done so many things your are probably getting ocnufsed and trying hit and miss technique now. it will help to go over the fundamentals from a different person once again. shouldn't cost much.

about the fuel system treatment i did once use liqui moly's in my mini pajero it was fine made a slight difference. the thing is after pouring the fuel system treatment you have to run the car hard on open roads not on short distances and make sure that the engine gets upto temperature and also a little hot as all the cleaner does is soften slightly all the debris in all the fuel ways so if you do not run hard and hot 1) it wont make a difference and 2) the debris can become stuck in the fuel lines as well even though you did well to change the fuel filter after running the treatment.

By the way it is not necessary a wrong sensor will have stored code while scanning or check engine light will be on, sometimes sensors can become out of spec and that you can only find by reading the values from the output, a filing MAF need not necessarily store a code or throw a check light if its out of spec, one can judge better from looking at its fluctuating value from the readings.

but thats why i told you to check while pressing accelerator while cranking as that will rule out sensor and will points to fuel or spark issue.

its possible that combination of fuel system treatment and pure hi octane has done the injectors for good causing restricted flow at lower rpm and while cranking.
    This cranking duration remains the same even if the race paddled is fully pressed during cranking compared to when the racing paddle is not pressed at all during cranking. Also stalling frequency has increased after refueling (full tank)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List