171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Bought a Vitz finally.

Hello PW'ers. Gonna share the new car we bought last night. Its a 07/08 Pre-Facelift Toyota Vitz XP90 1.0 in Silver (ISB registered 2010). This was probably the cleanest car we could find in the price we had set a limit on.

We were heading in to buy a 08 Daihatsu Mira but then you simply cannot compare that to this. Our concern was that all the cars we own are SUVs/Sedans except a 1992 mehran that dosnt have AC which is a major let down and considering the traffic situation in our country, you just cant do without a small hatchback.

About the car, there isn't a single touch-up /dent or scuff on the paint of the car. The interior is mint. The car starts instantly and the engine has been kept with great care with proper lubrication. There are no squeaks from the suspension and no cabin rattling or unwanted noises ( though I intend on insulating the doors with some sound dampener). Everything on the car is working. That was a great relief.

Still, its not perfect and there are a few thing that need to be taken care of. 1 or 2 really light scratches on the left front fender but nothing some Autoglym Super Resin Polish cant fix. After all, the car will be getting a full Detailing Treatment in the coming week. There is a small paint chip on the left side of the rear bumper and a stone chip on the front bumper. Again something not hard to fix. The left rear light seems a little dull to me so gonna take care of that. Gonna treat the front headlights with Megauirs Plast-X. The left side view mirror has some blue paint on it that was left behind by a blue car but the mirror isnt damaged in any way (claying and polish is all it needs). And finally, the driver side installed wind deflector had a crack in it so we removed it and gonna install a new one.

Other than that, the car is sitting on 195/55R15 Bridgestones with some light weight Japaneses wheels.

Things That Will Be Done:

1) Auto Detailing Complete Session (using products by Autoglym/Blackfire/Meguiars/Mothers) (DONE)
    2) Change the Wheels to branded 15x7" light weights. (Still Looking)
    3) Headlight/Rear light restoration. (DONE)
    4) Vitz BodyKit Extensions ( Received thanks to @cyberjunk14 )
    5) Phillips Diamond Vision H4 (DONE)
    6) Rain-X Espert Fit windshield wipers. (DONE)
    7) Change Engine/transmission oils and do a complete service (DONE) (shell helix HX7 and toyota cvt oil)
    8) Attend to the small paint chippings on the front/rear bumpers (Done)
    9) Get a new driver side window rain guard (DONE) (replaced all four)
    10) Do a brake service, alignment and wheel balance. (Done)
    11) SQ setup (including getting rid of that good for nothing Japanese dvd player) (Initiated)
    12) Valeo Fog lights. (DONE)
    13) Engine Coolant from Toyota (Done)

Please do say Masha'Allah. This is the first hatch we bought since the mehran that is now nearly 23 years old and we are super excited about it

Bought a Vitz Finally!!! -1576589

My 1985 Mercedes Benz W201 190D (DIY's, Detailing and Photo-shoots)
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/207432-my-mercedes-c-class-w201

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thankyou Abdul bhai @Marschall for the leather steering wheel and bulbs ..... thankyou again for these sir. It was a pleasure meeting you.

If you do find some of the other things, let me know and i'll take em away from you. (Y)

Bought a Vitz finally -1586516

Bought a Vitz finally -1586517

Bought a Vitz finally -1586518

Bought a Vitz finally -1586519

Bought a Vitz finally -1586520
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/207432-my-mercedes-c-class-w201

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No issue at all i am searching for the ac vent chrome rings but i have found the push start relay kit here is the link and check out my utube vid https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/car...h-start-button
    "Stand by your glasses steady and drink to your comrade's eyes.
    Here's a toast to the dead already and hurrah for the next to die."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devils_smile View Post
    Spent the whole day yesterday correcting the paint work and detailing the car. I normally take 2 days to do the full detailing since I work with my hands and not a polisher but thankfully my brother and cousin decided to help so 9 hours was all we needed.

Got the car washed from Total Service. Since I was gonna do the paint correction, I told them it was ok to use surf shampoo but to get to every inch of the cars hidden spots and remove all the dirt and grim. It was also ok for them to blow air inside the cabin (which under normal circumstances is wrong but again, the interior was gonna be detailed at home so no worries).

Next up, Then Engine.The engine was pretty clean but not great, thus 2 applications of Astonish engine degreaser, each time agitating the dirt with a 2" detailing brush. Had to let the engine cool down for atleast 2 hours before doing this step since you will end up with white residue on the engine. Covered all the plastic parts with Autoglym Vinyl & Rubber Care and the metal parts with Blackfire Paint Sealant.

The interior matting was cleaned with STP TUFF STUFF while the Dash+Seats+Door Trims+ ABC pillars were all cleaned using ChemicalGuys citrus based APC. The interior was than vacuumed ensuring no dirt was left behind. All the plastics were than protected by Meguiars Natural Shine Protectant.

The Tires & Wheels. The wheels were cleaned using Astonish Wheel Cleaner. The tires were cleaned using left over Autoglym shampoo mixture in the bucket using a mf mitt. The tires got a coating of Autoglym Tire Dressing while the wheels got a layer of Blackfire Paint Sealant.

Finally the paint. This car was kept with care but it being a used car, I had to make sure the paint was in top notch condition. After the service wash, got the car home and washed it with AG Shampoo. Got the Magic Clay Bar and clayed the whole car. Dont have any pictures of the bar but the kind of dirt stuck to the paint of a 8 year old car is quite disgusting. The light blue bar had turned very dark by the end of the claying step. Washed the car again with AG Shampoo and dried it using a mf cloth.

The car got a full treatment of AG Paint Renovator. This a strong abrasive and should be used very gently. Even without a polisher, this manages to remove a hell lot of swirls and scratches. Once this process was done, time to move to AG Super Resin Polish. I have said it before and I will say it again, this is absolutely one of the best polishes out there. It goes on easily, spreads like butter and wipes away without any hesitation. Finally, The car got a coating of Blackfire Wet Diamond Paint Sealant which was left for6 hours after application and is still curing for the 8 hour duration.

The windows were polished using Autoglym Car Glass Polish, All the exterior black trims were treated with AutoGlym Bumper & Trim Gel and The headlights were restores using Meguiars PlastX.

There wont be alot of pictures since I was busy trying to get the car done but I do have a few pics and will upload more when the car is ready after the curing period IA.

* The car is still wearing the sealant in the pictures so it may look dull. Also, my camera su*ks :p And alot of the detailing items were scattered so you find everything on that chair And that cosmic box has screws in it so yes, I would never use that sh*t
    From where these products can be purchased in Pindi, if you can share the price of Polish please.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thankyou Abdul bhai @Marschall for the leather steering wheel and bulbs ..... thankyou again for these sir. It was a pleasure meeting you.

If you do find some of the other things, let me know and i'll take em away from you. (Y)

Bought a Vitz finally -1586516

Bought a Vitz finally -1586517

Bought a Vitz finally -1586518

Bought a Vitz finally -1586519

Bought a Vitz finally -1586520
    Price of philips bulbs ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by omer.s View Post
    Price of philips bulbs ?
    I obviously bought them used but new ones cost around 3k-3.5k and used should be around 2k

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I will share those in a while... Congrats on the purchase
    bro congratulations on ur purchase
    mind sharing the english manual with me as well ?

a suggestion
    use 5w-40 engine oil its available in shell line up

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it wasn't too hard to find the exact same bulb in green. The guy had a jar of these but the majority of them were not working. Only two green bulbs were so bought both to be on the safe side.

Seriously? That would be great sir.
    from where did u get these bulbs? how much did these cost? i need to change one in the speedo meter of my margallah as the current one has faded. where can i find these?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking View Post
    from where did u get these bulbs? how much did these cost? i need to change one in the speedo meter of my margallah as the current one has faded. where can i find these?
    They are available in almost all the car visual modification shops.... You can try F-10 Markaz. You just need to have the sample with you when you visit.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salmanrasheedpsh View Post
    bro congratulations on ur purchase
    mind sharing the english manual with me as well ?

a suggestion
    use 5w-40 engine oil its available in shell line up
    Toyota Online Owners Manuals and Warranty

You can just register an account to get access to the complete service manual. Most of the items from the owners manual can be found on this page.

Give me your email address and I will send you the manual if you need it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

They are available in almost all the car visual modification shops.... You can try F-10 Markaz. You just need to have the sample with you when you visit.
    ok thanks. i was looking for orignal bulbs which are supposed to be kabli. will check in f10 tough thanks.

also i have a car similar looking to yours. mine is 2SZ FE.

thanks for sharing the details, helps us in going for some enhancements.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking View Post
    ok thanks. i was looking for orignal bulbs which are supposed to be kabli. will check in f10 tough thanks.

also i have a car similar looking to yours. mine is 2SZ FE.

thanks for sharing the details, helps us in going for some enhancements.
    The bulbs I found at the store were exactly like the one I had in my knob, I checked the markings on the back of the replacement bulb and they were similar. Thus the bulbs the guy had were obviously oem though I don't know if there are fake or copies with such small items khair, this is why I asked you to take the original bulb with you. You can compare it over at the store

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You can just register an account to get access to the complete service manual. Most of the items from the owners manual can be found on this page.

Kindly email it to me at salmanrasheed.psh@gmail.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As ur replacing the steering wheel why dont u install music controls in it? Easily available at shoba bazar
    I think will need to replace airbag as well

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir, what an awesome & hard work you had done on your vitz during detailing session. I salute you for such an extreme care & your love for your ride ! You are a true car enthusiastic

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile

congratzz
    can u please share the fuel average with Ac ON
    1. in the city
    2. long route(Motorway)

thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salmanrasheedpsh View Post
    As ur replacing the steering wheel why dont u install music controls in it? Easily available at shoba bazar
    I think will need to replace airbag as well
    Nope, the airbag is a direct replacement. I plan on changing the wheel tomorrow. Lets see what happens. Been reading alot of threads on yarisworld and seeing quite a few youtube diy's.

I really dont wanna go for audio controls yet. The new sq setup has costed me close to 100k and my bank account is empty.

Quote Originally Posted by humayun.chughtai.7 View Post
    Sir, what an awesome & hard work you had done on your vitz during detailing session. I salute you for such an extreme care & your love for your ride ! You are a true car enthusiastic
    Thankyou sir. I am a detailing freak and ate to see a car dirty, especially if I am about to drive it lol

Quote Originally Posted by mosab View Post
    congratzz
    can u please share the fuel average with Ac ON
    1. in the city
    2. long route(Motorway)

thanks
    Will do asap. I am taking the car to a jdm expert mechanic to check a few things. Once I know the car is running at full potential, I'll calculate the mileage IA

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nope, the airbag is a direct replacement. I plan on changing the wheel tomorrow. Lets see what happens. Been reading alot of threads on yarisworld and seeing quite a few youtube diy's.

I really dont wanna go for audio controls yet. The new sq setup has costed me close to 100k and my bank account is empty.

Thankyou sir. I am a detailing freak and ate to see a car dirty, especially if I am about to drive it lol

Will do asap. I am taking the car to a jdm expert mechanic to check a few things. Once I know the car is running at full potential, I'll calculate the mileage IA
    Oh great , do share the sound system details and pics if possible here

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Took out the trunk trim to install the Stinger Roadkill sound dampening sheet. Used about 2/3's of the sheet to completely cover the inner skin of the trunk. The trunk trim removal is pretty straight forward. You just use a putty knife to unclamp 11 clips (if I remember correctly), 5 at the top of the trim, 2 at the sides and 4 at the base of the trim.

Bought a Vitz finally -1589796

The only tricky clip is the trunk closing handle as seen below.

Bought a Vitz finally -1589795

Which looks like this from the inside.

Bought a Vitz finally -1589797

Put your putty knife/ flat blade screw driver into the slot in the middle and push upward. The clip will slide p and you can simply take it out.

Bought a Vitz finally -1589798

Bought a Vitz finally -1589799

You can now do whatever you want with the trunk. I covered the full skin with 2/3'rds of this sheet. The results are drastic. The trunk ended up closing like a trunk should rater then a empty soda can falling. And if I end up with some sheets left in the end, I'll cover the outer skin too.

Bought a Vitz finally -1589800

Sorry for the lack of pictures. Did a lot of work and was tired. I'll snap a shot of the trunk dampened when I get back to the trunk.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The other DIY was replacing the stock headlight bulbs with Phillips Diamond Vision. One simply cannot replace the bulbs on these cars without scratching and bruising your hand. There just isnt any space, especially on the the passenger side.

Bought a Vitz finally -1589801

So the next best thing is to take out the bumper and remove the headlights (See Reference picture below). The front bumper is held by 7 clips. 5 at the top (RED), 1 on each side of the bumper at the top of the wheel well (Yellow). Simply push at the center of the clips and the clips just pop out.

Bought a Vitz finally -1589802

The headlights are held by 3 10mm hexa screws. You can spot them in green. Simply remove these and the headlight come right off. If it dsnt, simply get you putty knife and release the holders from their positions by lifting them.

Bought a Vitz finally -1589803

Once the headlight is out, remove the clips and change your bulbs.

Phillips Diamond Vision.

Bought a Vitz finally -1589804

Bought a Vitz finally -1589805

The left headlight isnt aligned properly. Gonna do that after sehri IA. In the mean time, the other two bada** tough Toyota's..... The Vitz was just never made like these

Bought a Vitz finally -1589806

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bhai if u could kindly email me the manual... thanx...

adil39@gmail.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

User Tag List