Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By imrananr

Thread: Vitz Rs 2013 tail lights installation on Vitz F 3rd gen. 2013

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    imrananr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    849
    Follows
    0
    Following
    5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default Vitz Rs 2013 tail lights installation on Vitz F 3rd gen. 2013

    I have these Vitz Rs / Gs tail lights (brand new) which I want to install on Vitz F 2013.

    Anybody has experienced doing it earlier, please guide.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Don't leave a highway for a byway....

  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    imrananr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    849
    Follows
    0
    Following
    5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    My car whose present tail lights are to be replaced with one mentioned above.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Don't leave a highway for a byway....

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    waleed911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    487
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    It is plug n play... Remove the previous lights and replace them in place of them... The wiring grips are compatible...

    They r a rare set... Would u mind sharing how much they cost u?..

    Cheers...
    Driving is not about going from point A to point B, it is the point...

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    imrananr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    849
    Follows
    0
    Following
    5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waleed911 View Post
    It is plug n play... Remove the previous lights and replace them in place of them... The wiring grips are compatible...

    They r a rare set... Would u mind sharing how much they cost u?..

    Cheers...
    Actually I want to replace them my self without going to an electrician/workshop. What I think is the connector might be different with regards to the old one.
    A close friend of mine, through whom I had imported my car (Vitz F, 2013) brought it from Japan as I had asked him to do so. Not aware of the price, he just gifted me. I know these are very rare and costly installed on Vitz 3rd generation Gs and GSMR. The red circle is the parking and brake lights with LED's and looks awesome when lit in dark.
    Don't leave a highway for a byway....

  5. 20-06-2015, 10:27 PM

    PakWheeler


  6. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    imrananr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    849
    Follows
    0
    Following
    5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    @waleed911, I also have plans to change my rear bumper to VitZ G's in future.

    Presently, I have bought following wheels (15") to replace stock wheels:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Don't leave a highway for a byway....

  7. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    Satti8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    26
    Posts
    660
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    MashaAllah very rare lights and Excellent choice for rims InshaAllah the car will look awesome waiting to see the end resukts
    PAKISTAN ZINDABAD

  8. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    imrananr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    849
    Follows
    0
    Following
    5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satti8 View Post
    MashaAllah very rare lights and Excellent choice for rims InshaAllah the car will look awesome waiting to see the end resukts
    Thanks..
    Don't leave a highway for a byway....

  9. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    imrananr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    849
    Follows
    0
    Following
    5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imrananr View Post
    Thanks..
    The rims are of aluminium size 15" x 6.5 (width). The offset is 35. The tyres installed are 185/55 r15, meaning low profile. Low profile tyres look awesome on aluminium rims.
    Don't leave a highway for a byway....

  10. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    imrananr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    849
    Follows
    0
    Following
    5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Y
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed911 View Post
    It is plug n play... Remove the previous lights and replace them in place of them... The wiring grips are compatible...

    They r a rare set... Would u mind sharing how much they cost u?..

    Cheers...
    I confirmed with my friend, the price of these tail lights (pair, LH and RH) is around 48,500 rupees when purchased in Japan.
    Don't leave a highway for a byway....

  11. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    imrananr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    849
    Follows
    0
    Following
    5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Bought this chrome-leather gear shift lever knob on line from e-bay.. It's basically executive knob by Toyota for Toyota RAV4. Original made in Japan.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Don't leave a highway for a byway....

  12. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    waleed911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    487
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imrananr View Post
    @waleed911, I also have plans to change my rear bumper to VitZ G's in future.

    Presently, I have bought following wheels (15") to replace stock wheels:
    U mean the RS bumper?... That would look very nice with these set of lights...

    And where did u get these tyres?... Brand? YOM? I m asking because I am also looking for tyres in the exact same profile...

    Cheers...
    Driving is not about going from point A to point B, it is the point...

  13. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    Uashah007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    309
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imrananr View Post
    Actually I want to replace them my self without going to an electrician/workshop. What I think is the connector might be different with regards to the old one.
    A close friend of mine, through whom I had imported my car (Vitz F, 2013) brought it from Japan as I had asked him to do so. Not aware of the price, he just gifted me. I know these are very rare and costly installed on Vitz 3rd generation Gs and GSMR. The red circle is the parking and brake lights with LED's and looks awesome when lit in dark.
    Little modification will be required to fit these tail lights, as the wiring grips are different on both tail lights. Please don't cut your original wiring grips.. do a little search on Yaris-world forum. you may get your answer from there.

    Do a little search on the rear bumper size of RS model. there might be difference in them.. same happened with me, when i was installing Second gen Rs tail lights on my 2008 Vitz.. fitment of the light was perfect with the car body, but not with the bumper.. due to which i returned the tails lights, as RS bumper were also needed for perfect fitment.

  14. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    imrananr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    849
    Follows
    0
    Following
    5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waleed911 View Post
    U mean the RS bumper?... That would look very nice with these set of lights...

    And where did u get these tyres?... Brand? YOM? I m asking because I am also looking for tyres in the exact same profile...

    Cheers...
    It's very difficult to get this tyre size. I bought it during my visit to Dubai. It was very difficult to find this size in Dubai as well.
    I bought both the rims and tyres both from Dubai. I don't think you get this size in Pakistan.
    The tyres are Mayrun brand (Low profile), Year of manufacture is Jan 2015. The final wheel diameter is exactly the same as of stock wheel, so no effect on the speedometer and ABS system functionality.
    Don't leave a highway for a byway....

  15. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    imrananr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    849
    Follows
    0
    Following
    5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uashah007 View Post
    Little modification will be required to fit these tail lights, as the wiring grips are different on both tail lights. Please don't cut your original wiring grips.. do a little search on Yaris-world forum. you may get your answer from there.

    Do a little search on the rear bumper size of RS model. there might be difference in them.. same happened with me, when i was installing Second gen Rs tail lights on my 2008 Vitz.. fitment of the light was perfect with the car body, but not with the bumper.. due to which i returned the tails lights, as RS bumper were also needed for perfect fitment.
    Thankyou for your kind suggestions. As you have told, I did a little research and found out that the bumper has to be detached from the top and tilted slightly to accommodate proper fixing of lights.Once done, you can attach the bumper back to its position. This is specifically for tail light installation for Vitz 3rd generation.
    Don't leave a highway for a byway....

  16. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    waleed911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    487
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imrananr View Post
    It's very difficult to get this tyre size. I bought it during my visit to Dubai. It was very difficult to find this size in Dubai as well.
    I bought both the rims and tyres both from Dubai. I don't think you get this size in Pakistan.
    The tyres are Mayrun brand (Low profile), Year of manufacture is Jan 2015. The final wheel diameter is exactly the same as of stock wheel, so no effect on the speedometer and ABS system functionality.
    Oh.. I hope they are not a chinese company... Had a very bad experience with one... Never gonna buy chinese again...

    I am getting Michelin Energy in the same specs but not sure whether they r authentic or not...

    Oh well, best of luck in completing the back of ur Vitz...

    Cheers...
    Driving is not about going from point A to point B, it is the point...

  17. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    imrananr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    849
    Follows
    0
    Following
    5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waleed911 View Post
    Oh.. I hope they are not a chinese company... Had a very bad experience with one... Never gonna buy chinese again...

    I am getting Michelin Energy in the same specs but not sure whether they r authentic or not...

    Oh well, best of luck in completing the back of ur Vitz...

    Cheers...
    Your right, these are Chinese but are famous brand used in many other profiles. Also exported to the U.S. I read some good reviews on this brand before purchasing. I had no other choice because of the size (55 profile). Plus the manufacturing date is 2015. I have been given one year warranty on these tyres as well. Well, let's hope for the best.
    Don't leave a highway for a byway....

  18. #17
    Newbie Follow
    umer_yousaf321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default Is it possible to install vitz 2015 bumper to vitz 2013

    I have vitz 2013
    But I want to install 2015 bumper
    Is it possible ?

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •