8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Fog Lights Installation - Vitz 2013

Dears, can anyone suggest any good electrician in Pindi/Islamabad who can install decent foglights in my Vitz without screwing the wiring. I read in some posts on Pakwheels where guys went to some Ustazzz Jeee for fog lights installation and ended up playing with the fuse box n engine check lights blinking. I would rather not get the lights installed than doing experiments, since these sensor based engines r quite sensitive to voltage fluctuations.. thanx

No other man-made device since the shields and lances of the ancient knights fulfils a man's ego like an automobile

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adil39 View Post
    Dears, can anyone suggest any good electrician in Pindi/Islamabad who can install decent foglights in my Vitz without screwing the wiring. I read in some posts on Pakwheels where guys went to some Ustazzz Jeee for fog lights installation and ended up playing with the fuse box n engine check lights blinking. I would rather not get the lights installed than doing experiments, since these sensor based engines r quite sensitive to voltage fluctuations.. thanx

Install fog lights and give them the connection directly from head lights.
    or
    Install wiring that comes with fog lights.

but some times there will be pre installed wiring of fog lights in vitz like in mine but no fog lights.

never ever try to connect your fog lights with that wiring.

because i tried it and after installing fog lights with that wiring in my 2014 modle vitz bought in 2015 march .

I end up with ABS and CEL .and problem turn out to be damaged ABS unit .Then Definately replaced the ABS unit.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by KhurrumIftikhar1 View Post
    Install fog lights and give them the connection directly from head lights.
    or
    Install wiring that comes with fog lights.

but some times there will be pre installed wiring of fog lights in vitz like in mine but no fog lights.

never ever try to connect your fog lights with that wiring.

because i tried it and after installing fog lights with that wiring in my 2014 modle vitz bought in 2015 march .

I end up with ABS and CEL .and problem turn out to be damaged ABS unit .Then Definately replaced the ABS unit.
    Oh man... that's another sad story.. I think I better not install fog lights.. I mean sacrificing ABS for fog lights is too much. Even as u mentioned connecting directly from headlights, isn't advisable. U r actually taking the voltage share of headlights and giving half to fogs. In my humble understanding, either there should be a separate wiring already designed for fog lights or there has to be a direct connection from the battery bypassing all other connections but in no case, sharing of voltage with other electrical components. Thanks
    No other man-made device since the shields and lances of the ancient knights fulfils a man's ego like an automobile

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes the electric connection will be directly from battery. The wire connected with headlights determine either head light is on or off so as soon as you turn headlight on fog light will turn on.

I am using this setup in my corolla gli 1.6 since 2012
    Its the best method.

Uptil now no problem with headlights and fog lights.
    Also using this method in my vitz for 3 months no problem.
    Because fog lights get power from -ve and+ve terminal of battery. Only a single wire is attached with headlights wiring.

Do install fog lights in your vitz the look good as well as beneficial

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by KhurrumIftikhar1 View Post
    Yes the electric connection will be directly from battery. The wire connected with headlights determine either head light is on or off so as soon as you turn headlight on fog light will turn on.

I am using this setup in my corolla gli 1.6 since 2012
    Its the best method.

Uptil now no problem with headlights and fog lights.
    Also using this method in my vitz for 3 months no problem.
    Because fog lights get power from -ve and+ve terminal of battery. Only a single wire is attached with headlights wiring.

Do install fog lights in your vitz the look good as well as beneficial
    Thanx bro.. but why to keep the fog lights dependant upon headlights? I mean can't we have a separate button installed for foglights? I want the fog lights to work independent of headlights.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List