Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz "Dart"

Toyota Vitz &quotDart" -1595349

Asalamoalaikum Dear Friends! After painstaking deliberations I finally sold Hornet (a brand new 2015 Corolla GLi AT) over which I tried uselessly to wrap my head around but couldn't quite convince myself to keep it.
    Saved some greens for future and on 27th of Ramadhan, by the grace of Almighty Allah, He has blessed me with Dart (2013 Toyota Vitz 1.0L in white colour). Join in to like/dislike, contribute and share your experiences or views about this new purchase.

Remember to say Mashallah and hit the like button (No hidden charges).

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using PW Forums

Attached Images Attached Images  
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    You can say risen cvt oil temp becasue of the long drive. The sound is like whining sound. It goes like whhhhhoooooommm or shoooooom as you rev it up. It happens when you push the car go its limits too much acceleration. Try it out tomorrow. It shouldn't be there. And do get the cvt oil changed asap
    Thanx bro.. I can't really explain the sound cos I haven't really heard it but it isn't a constant sound as I'm told. Starts as u move the car, peaks at 20kmph and fades out n vanishes after 40kmph.. I'm gonna change the CVT oil for sure by tomorrow
    No other man-made device since the shields and lances of the ancient knights fulfils a man's ego like an automobile

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adil39 View Post
    Thanx bro.. I can't really explain the sound cos I haven't really heard it but it isn't a constant sound as I'm told. Starts as u move the car, peaks at 20kmph and fades out n vanishes after 40kmph.. I'm gonna change the CVT oil for sure by tomorrow
    Bro change it asap. Also change all filters and get plugs checked and also throttle body.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nabeel_Ali View Post
    Bro change it asap. Also change all filters and get plugs checked and also throttle body.
    Nabeel bhai.. rest all is done except for CVT oil n coolant
    No other man-made device since the shields and lances of the ancient knights fulfils a man's ego like an automobile

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My analysis could be wrong because as I read again so make sure you get it diagnosis correctly. Because an idiot can make you believe your car has a dead engine even if the problem is just the battery. So please be sure what you diagnose for it
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@adil39
    Brother I understand you must be worried as hell along with your brother. My advice would be not change the CVT-TC oil immediately. I will get back to you ASAP tomorrow. Where's the car? Can it come to Rwp/Isb? If yes and you are willing, let me know, I'll work out a solution for you.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nabeel bhai.. rest all is done except for CVT oil n coolant
    Best rest fouadbakht bhai can guide you better.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fouadbakht View Post
    @adil39
    Brother I understand you must be worried as hell along with your brother. My advice would be not change the CVT-TC oil immediately. I will get back to you ASAP tomorrow. Where's the car? Can it come to Rwp/Isb? If yes and you are willing, let me know, I'll work out a solution for you.

Fouad Bhai .. Thanx a lot for your concern. Of course I am worried as to what could be the reason after all? I'm not there and my bro is a total non-tech guy.. the car is already in Rawalpindi (Gulrez Scheme). My bro is Zeeshan and his cell is 03465599385. I can tell him if u would like to guide him on this issue.. thanx

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz " Dart "

^^^ I'll call him. He's not that far from my home either. Hopefully everything will be fine inshallah.
    The reason for my asking you to not change the CVT oil in the middle of this episode is that your brother might end up going to some not so experienced mechanic (obviously the mechanic will never accept that). While changing the oil, unfortunately there is no dip stick from where you can check the quantity for correct level. The chamber itself can accommodate over filling of CVT Oil. Then the gasket needs to be replaced and very correctly installed. If your mechanic fills up more than what's required or doesn't properly replace the gasket IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS PROBLEM it's going to be a much bigger problem than the sound itself.
    But inshallah will be ironed out.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^ I'll call him. He's not that far from my home either. Hopefully everything will be fine inshallah.

Jazakallah @fouadbakht bhai

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@adil39
    I've edited the previous post. Please read it regarding changing of CVT oil.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The reason for my asking you to not change the CVT oil in the middle of this episode is that your brother might end up going to some not so experienced mechanic (obviously the mechanic will never accept that). While changing the oil, unfortunately there is no dip stick from where you can check the quantity for correct level. The chamber itself can accommodate over filling of CVT Oil. Then the gasket needs to be replaced and very correctly installed. If your mechanic fills up more than what's required or doesn't properly replace the gasket IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS PROBLEM it's going to be a much bigger problem than the sound itself.

I'm following it @Fouadbhai and u have aptly pointed out the problem as I said my bro is also a non-tech guy which gives added leverage to the mechanic in saying whatever he has to say.. thanx

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Foud Bhae, You dont need to open the chamber. The pan has a screw, And a L Nut (L-Key Screw) the entire oil comes out. Since you can never take out the entire oil becasue most of it is in the transmission. It is not recomended to open the chamber and replacing the gasket.

We refilled it till the pipe started over flowing. Did this around 62,000 kms, The cars around 105,000 now.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz " Dart "

That's the whole point of my stressing not to change the oil yet till diagnosis. You, I and some members may know that but not all. Good information shared. Thanks

By the way the proper procedure is when you do that in entirety and replace the gasket also. But it is not mandatory each and every time.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

btw Xulfiqar has a post on this, proper procedure to completely drain all of the oil is not only to open the pan but start the car in increments and bleed the fluid from the torque convertor as well though its th most riskiest of procedures for a local mechanic. if you drain from the l out you'll get 15-20% of the fluid out, with removing the pan 60-65% and 100% if you do the bleed and flush method, one can choose their method accordingly according to how much their car is driven or old, the competency of their favourite mechanic and their bravery
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have also heard from a friend whose Vitz underwent CVT oil change procedure that there's a magnet placed somewhere suspended over the sump and a jaali type filter also. The magnet is for the purpose of keeping metallic granules stuck to itself and like wise the jaali filter works as an oil filter for other deposits that may develop inside. I can't exactly correlate the location of this magnet since I haven't personally seen this procedure but he told me it's not tied to anything by a bolt or clamp. It remains seated in a recess by virtue of it's own magnetic force and needs to be pulled out, cleaned and placed back in the recess.. that friend had a 2007 Vitz.. I don't know if the same exists in newer models.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have also heard from a friend whose Vitz underwent CVT oil change procedure that there's a magnet placed somewhere suspended over the sump and a jaali type filter also. The magnet is for the purpose of keeping metallic granules stuck to itself and like wise the jaali filter works as an oil filter for other deposits that may develop inside. I can't exactly correlate the location of this magnet since I haven't personally seen this procedure but he told me it's not tied to anything by a bolt or clamp. It remains seated in a recess by virtue of it's own magnetic force and needs to be pulled out, cleaned and placed back in the recess.. that friend had a 2007 Vitz.. I don't know if the same exists in newer models.
    There were two small magnets in my car's Gear oil pan. My car is a 2003 model.
    Under the Coconut tree

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have seen some 2008 VITZ 1.5.....it has awsome pick equivalent to HONDA reborn......The vitz which have circles lights on back are 1.5 version....it has climate control and push start along with steering controls.....i think its price around 14..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    You can say risen cvt oil temp becasue of the long drive. The sound is like whining sound. It goes like whhhhhoooooommm or shoooooom as you rev it up. It happens when you push the car go its limits too much acceleration. Try it out tomorrow. It shouldn't be there. And do get the cvt oil changed asap
    I am not sure, but i think that the radiator in CVT cars also allows CVT oil flow through it for cooling purpose.

do get it checked for any blockages/leakages as well.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have changed the cvt oil of my fielder and vitz 2006. Each time the people at toyota airport first drained the oil and then open the chamber and cleaned it properly then reclosed it by applying some sort of paste. Then after closing they filled it with new cvt oil.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@adil39
    You have a nice clean ride and hope you are happy with the results. Do call whenever I could be of assistance. For now your worries are Alhamdulillah gone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

User Tag List